Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:31 am

Post by YellowSnow »

In post 152, the worst wrote:{tw}
{YellowSnow}
{cjv, junko, GrandWazoo}
{computerfan0, GuiltyLion}
{Moony, Nineja}

If you're a cop, whatever you do, do not target players like {brass, yellow, me} with decent high town equity based on a stray suspicion. these are doctor targets not cop targets. we're a lot more likely to be NK'd than slots who aren't suspected. and if the reads on our slots are wrong it's more likely to come out in a later day phase (the question "why is the day one town MVP still alive?" is always a valid question. they could be totally wrong on their reads / pocketed, or they could be scum).
We know the worst flipped town, so to suddenly come at his top town read reaks of scum trying to take advantage of his night kill.

VOTE: lion
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Junk »

In post 600, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 152, the worst wrote:{tw}
{YellowSnow}
{cjv, junko, GrandWazoo}
{computerfan0, GuiltyLion}
{Moony, Nineja}

If you're a cop, whatever you do, do not target players like {brass, yellow, me} with decent high town equity based on a stray suspicion. these are doctor targets not cop targets. we're a lot more likely to be NK'd than slots who aren't suspected. and if the reads on our slots are wrong it's more likely to come out in a later day phase (the question "why is the day one town MVP still alive?" is always a valid question. they could be totally wrong on their reads / pocketed, or they could be scum).
We know the worst flipped town, so to suddenly come at his top town read reaks of scum trying to take advantage of his night kill.

VOTE: lion
This post makes no sense.

You're scum, please die.

Thanks.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Junk »

YellowSnow's post makes 0 sense as town. Him scumreading me is not a real thought, when I'm unCCed Doctor, and he already said he's scumreading GL and Brass.

He is scum who thinks that the worst townreading him means that he can get away. He was looking for an excuse to bring that up.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:43 am

Post by YellowSnow »

I didn't vote you. I just said your line of reasoning is scummy.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am

Post by brassherald »

I don't see anything like breadcrumbing in the worst's ISO, though maybe postgame he'll point out where I'm wrong. However, here's what I'm thinking.

First of all, I wanted to see if you'd fake claim healing someone because you'd possibly forget that there's supposed to be an RB if you were lying about being doctor. You didn't so I see no reason to doubt the claim at this point. I am slow to trust, but, eventually, I get there when it's deserved.

More on point, the worst was the IC and did not seem to tip off his role at all, so, there's actually two possibilities why he was the target last night rather than anyone else. The first is, he was on the right path with Moony slot and Guilty Lion.

The second would actually pretty much absolve Guilty Lion. I have not crunched the numbers, but, I believe the town IC is the most likely night kill for a two newbscum team. So, I think Moonyslot, who would be implicated in both situations might be the best lynch.

I've got to look at GL's recent games to see if he takes that shot, since if he's scum, he's probably calling the shots. I'll do that tomorrow night. GL, want to be a bud and link some recent scum games to possibly clear your name?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Junk »

In post 603, YellowSnow wrote:I didn't vote you. I just said your line of reasoning is scummy.
I can't be scummy when I'm confirmed town, can I.

A townie doesn't bring a dead townie's townread on him as a defense. Town!YellowSnow would probably be curious why I'm scumreading him/try to talk to me/try to defend himself.

Not slyly bring up the fact that he was the top townread of a flipped townie, and try to use that to look townie.

Please try to die as soon as possible, scum.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Junk »

In post 604, brassherald wrote:I don't see anything like breadcrumbing in the worst's ISO, though maybe postgame he'll point out where I'm wrong. However, here's what I'm thinking.

First of all, I wanted to see if you'd fake claim healing someone because you'd possibly forget that there's supposed to be an RB if you were lying about being doctor. You didn't so I see no reason to doubt the claim at this point. I am slow to trust, but, eventually, I get there when it's deserved.

More on point, the worst was the IC and did not seem to tip off his role at all, so, there's actually two possibilities why he was the target last night rather than anyone else. The first is, he was on the right path with Moony slot and Guilty Lion.

The second would actually pretty much absolve Guilty Lion. I have not crunched the numbers, but, I believe the town IC is the most likely night kill for a two newbscum team. So, I think Moonyslot, who would be implicated in both situations might be the best lynch.

I've got to look at GL's recent games to see if he takes that shot, since if he's scum, he's probably calling the shots. I'll do that tomorrow night. GL, want to be a bud and link some recent scum games to possibly clear your name?
That could be it, yes.

YellowSnow does look like a good player, though. Scum!him could probably catch the worst as the cop? I don't know.

I know for myself that I didn't think the worst was the cop, he was just the most obvious heal target. I was 99% sure I'm dying night 1.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:48 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 605, Junk wrote: Please try to die as soon as possible, scum.
I really don't want to rush this day phase.

I want to gather more information after an interesting Night Kill.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Junk »

In post 607, brassherald wrote:
In post 605, Junk wrote: Please try to die as soon as possible, scum.
I really don't want to rush this day phase.

I want to gather more information after an interesting Night Kill.
Yes, of course.

What I was doing is called banter.

Also, the brass is really townie. Don't doubt him, guys. He is town.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Junk »

YellowSnow - GuiltyLion - YottaCat should contain both scum.

The challenge for most glory is to discover the 1 townie in that trio, even though in the end it won't matter because they will all be lynched regardless.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 606, Junk wrote:
In post 604, brassherald wrote:I don't see anything like breadcrumbing in the worst's ISO, though maybe postgame he'll point out where I'm wrong. However, here's what I'm thinking.

That could be it, yes.

YellowSnow does look like a good player, though. Scum!him could probably catch the worst as the cop? I don't know.

I know for myself that I didn't think the worst was the cop, he was just the most obvious heal target. I was 99% sure I'm dying night 1.
Only way he suspects it is if the worst dropped hints. I looked for it and did not see any crumbing.

Did the worst explain crumbing? If anyone is confused by that term, I can explain, by the way.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:57 am

Post by Junk »

It's fine, I know what crumbing is.

I don't think that crumbing is a good tactic anyway and I don't bother with it.

People are either PRs or they aren't.

People's claims when potential CCs happen are either genuine or they aren't.

He probably just felt the worst was the cop? Whoever killed him? I don't know.

Well, one thing for sure is that in this setup Mafia Roleblocker - Town Cop - Town Doctor, when the Doc is forced to claim D1, scum probably roleblocks him every night, while looking for the Cop? Since Cop is a bigger threat? And if you kill the Doc and try to RB the cop, you won't get feedback if you were successful. And you also don't kill any unclaimed townies to try to reduce the Cop pool. While trying to kill in the pool of unclaimed townies to cophunt might be the optimal play in this situation, always. (When Doc gets outed D1)
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by brassherald »

Not necessarily, they got lucky here, but it could have just as easily been a town Jailkeeper.

I still think the Jailkeeper/Doctor and Roleblocker setup is extremely town sided, but that's besides the point.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Junk »

Ooooh right, from their point of view, the other Town PR could have been JK.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Junk »

Ooooooooh so that's why they didn't kill me.

They were afraid of the Town JK protecting me.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by Junk »

So roleblocking me and killing in the pool of unclaimed townies, is, after all, the optimal scum play in this situation, always. (Mafia roleblocker + Town Doc confirmed)
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Junk »

YottaCat lynch is potentially gamelosing.

if they flip town, f5 will be scum!GL + scum!YellowSnow vs town!Junko + town!brass + town!GW

Brass will probably come around to the correct conclusion, but GW and Junko will probably do something silly like tunnel each other or stuff.

It's not like YottaCat is a hard-to-lynch slot, and they would get away with slanking until the end of the game.

If we don't lynch YellowSnow today, after I'm dead, there is the risk of him fooling you guys.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I'm a little confused by the setup. Does that mean there could potentially be two scum pr's four town prs and three vanillas?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by brassherald »

No, there will only ever be up to one scum PR and one or two town PRs. You get one column for the scum PR, and the second is a row for any town PRs
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

Look at the table on P1 yellow. With Junk Doc, this has to be A3 with scum roleblocker.

Yyotta's V/LA should be up by now. She needs to start playing this fucking game.

Need to read some ISOs later and figure out what to do...
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I think it's reasonable to assume we have two newbie scum and that the worst was targeted due to his IC status. Also, he may have been on the right track about his leads.

the worst suspected guiltylion and guiltylion was on the tail end of a town lynch. I think that may be a pretty strong day 2 case.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

At any rate, Junk's "YellowSnow is a good player so he must not be telling the truth" argument is pretty tiresome.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Junk »

In post 620, YellowSnow wrote:I think it's reasonable to assume we have two newbie scum and that the worst was targeted due to his IC status. Also, he may have been on the right track about his leads.

the worst suspected guiltylion and guiltylion was on the tail end of a town lynch. I think that may be a pretty strong day 2 case.
He did not. He was townreading GuiltyLion.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Lion was 7th out of 9.
Junk
Junk
Goon