Newbie 1910: Aerial Photography [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VC 2.1

votes
[1] YellowSnow
:
Junk
[1] GuiltyLion
:
YellowSnow

[5] Not Voting
:
YyottaCat, GrandWazoo, JunkoChan, GuiltyLion, brassherald

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-01-16 15:01:59)

Mod Notes
: :D
Last edited by northsidegal on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

So we basicly got no power roles now, junk is still unCC doctor and I see no reason to doubt that at this point
In post 617, YellowSnow wrote:I'm a little confused by the setup. Does that mean there could potentially be two scum pr's four town prs and three vanillas?
This post is so out of character for Yellowsnow, for the entirety of day 1 I believe him to be cold minded and fairly smart, maybe he is trying to act foolish here to pretend to not know the setup?
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Junk »

Yes, I agree.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I've never played it before why would I not know it and how would lying benefit me?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

Is not lying, I feel like you could be using that kind of comments to say say hey! I have no idea of what's going on! and get a free pass out of it, like why wait until NOW to ask an important question like that uf you trully don't understand how it works?

also your posts are also pretty inconsistent, like Junk pointed out, you either forgot whatever happend day 1 or you are executing a night plan poorly

either of them has you in a bad spot right now in my eyes

VOTE: YellowSnow

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

OK I'll be honest - I can talk myself into believing almost every player here is scum.

moony/Yyotta - total black hole of lurkmatter. Moony's was bad, Yyotta if anything has been worse.

brass - railed against the moonywagon as RVS, which wasn't random anymore by the time he replaced in. Said lynching lurkers was worse than lurking itself, and joined my wagon expressly because I was pushing a lurker. Later joined the lynch of compfan, the lurkiest slot of the bunch.

Junk - TW (IC and now-dead Cop) presented a strong case on Nineja. Junk replaced in and proceeded to add like 15 pages in a couple hours, mostly confrontational and distracting hot takes. D2 he's already voted twice.

GL - has been irrationally supportive of me so far, this always gives me the uncomfortable feeling of being pocketed.

The two players I can't see pushing atm

Yellow - The only one I've played with before, once, when we were both town. His playstyle is forthright but at times annoyingly obtuse, as we have also seen this game. I don't see much difference in his play between the two games.

Junko - She's been hard-tunneling me from the jump, yet her overall game has been town as hell. Can be reasoned out of a position she wasn't reasoned into, a trait rarely seen from scum.

Of course I can make town cases for most of y'all too. Junk of course has the virtue of un-cc'd Doc, and his recent play has been less aggro and ad hom. Brass and GL are experienced and appear to be scumhunting in earnest. The exception here is the moony/Yyotta slot. The only town argument I could make is the old standby "but scum couldn't be this overtly bad could they?" In a newbie game, sure they could.

VOTE: Yyotta
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Junk may be town but he's very omgusy. When I was defending him I was his best friend.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I don't feel pushing a Lynch on yotta until we hear more from her. Obviously the lurker Lynch didn't go as planned last time although it could have been worse. Lion is the most logical move at this point.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 604, brassherald wrote:I've got to look at GL's recent games to see if he takes that shot, since if he's scum, he's probably calling the shots. I'll do that tomorrow night. GL, want to be a bud and link some recent scum games to possibly clear your name?
yup, here you go

most recent traditional scumgame was Newbie 1886, wasn't really a good game from me as we got screwed by missing the PRs with nightshots leading to us messing up counterclaim shenanigans on D3

prior to that was Inventions from Team Mafia, I was playing pretty well D1 I think until Mastina got effectively cop-guiltied and RC went down trying to save her which kinda sank me by POE from there out

and for fun here's a game recently where I was a Mime (basically a jester trying to get lynched) - Paris Mafia. I guess it's my idea of what bad scumplay would look like
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 600, YellowSnow wrote:
In post 152, the worst wrote:{tw}
{YellowSnow}
{cjv, junko, GrandWazoo}
{computerfan0, GuiltyLion}
{Moony, Nineja}

If you're a cop, whatever you do, do not target players like {brass, yellow, me} with decent high town equity based on a stray suspicion. these are doctor targets not cop targets. we're a lot more likely to be NK'd than slots who aren't suspected. and if the reads on our slots are wrong it's more likely to come out in a later day phase (the question "why is the day one town MVP still alive?" is always a valid question. they could be totally wrong on their reads / pocketed, or they could be scum).
We know the worst flipped town, so to suddenly come at his top town read reaks of scum trying to take advantage of his night kill.

VOTE: lion
In post 602, Junk wrote:YellowSnow's post makes 0 sense as town. Him scumreading me is not a real thought, when I'm unCCed Doctor, and he already said he's scumreading GL and Brass.

He is scum who thinks that the worst townreading him means that he can get away. He was looking for an excuse to bring that up.
In post 603, YellowSnow wrote:I didn't vote you. I just said your line of reasoning is scummy.
this plus d1 is all I need to vote YellowSnow today

you literally said it "reaks of scum", that's a scumread. the fact that you didn't vote him is completely immaterial to the point. also "reaks of scum" is much like the "preying on newbie players" post I called out yesterday, it's scum embellishment in an attempt to make a post look worse than it actually does

and OMGUS gets thrown out as a useless buzzword in nearly every game these days, but this is like an actual textbook example of the original idea of the scumtell. reflexively accusing an accuser of being scum without the townie perspective on what that would mean for the gamestate
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm not really sure where I'm looking for a Yellow partner - it's not Junk, and I doubt it's Junko.

brass maybe, some of his posts today feel a little LAMISTY like (if scum decide not to CC the doc then this kinda looks like what I'd expect to try to get towncred for 'authentically' townreading the doc) and . brass what "information" are you looking to get out of today in particular?

GW also worth another look, is a bad post with the green compufan flip and is kind of a shotgun of shade towards every slot (including Junk) with no real direction behind it. GW can you quote where you think I'm being "irrationally" supportive of you? I feel like the only thing I remember was answering the worst's questions about why I was townreading you.

yyotta's a possibility but I mislynched them in my last game after they were lurky most of the game and making semi-unreadable worthless posts.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also YellowSnow shading GW all day early D1 but never voting him and getting cold feet when the hammer opportunity was there may have been scum-scum - trying to get credit in case GW goes down on his redflip yet not doing anything tangible to move the lynch forward. I'm going to bed now but I'll revisit that tomorrow cause I'm thinking I shelved GW as a townread too early and that may have been an all town L-1
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

then again, still could have been a WK

GrandWazoo can you give reasons from this game only why you think YellowSnow is town and not worth pushing? "not seeing a difference" between this and his last town game doesn't really cut it for me and I wouldn't describe him being "obtuse" as why he's been scumread
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 635, GuiltyLion wrote:brass maybe, some of his posts today feel a little LAMISTY like 604 (if scum decide not to CC the doc then this kinda looks like what I'd expect to try to get towncred for 'authentically' townreading the doc) and 607. brass what "information" are you looking to get out of today in particular?
I need some time to really analyze who's playing and considering who takes the NK. Ideally, I'd like to have a day 2 gamesolve.

First step is that tonight when I finally can sit down and read, I review the thread and see what happened. Put the pieces I now know in place and see what comes of them. Second, I need to look into the games you linked for your scum since I really don't know that you, in particular, take that shot at the worst.

And just for the record on not believing doc claims as town, I think you might have been in the game where I as VT tunneled, I want to say UCVoyager, who was town doctor, even after his claim. I don't just automatically believe a PR claim because in my very first game on site, the mafia had a PR claim which was not CCed and we mislynched town due to it. I trusted it without question that game, and I don't ever want to do that again.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Junk »

In post 638, brassherald wrote:And just for the record on not believing doc claims as town, I think you might have been in the game where I as VT tunneled, I want to say UCVoyager, who was town doctor, even after his claim. I don't just automatically believe a PR claim because in my very first game on site, the mafia had a PR claim which was not CCed and we mislynched town due to it. I trusted it without question that game, and I don't ever want to do that again.
Looks like the town PR who decided not to CC is an intellectual
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Junk »

I thought Yellow might have been bussing GL but now I doubt it. GL's treatment of Yellow is pure and not mafia/mafia.

Yellow + GW maybe? IDK

Yellow bussing brass is a possibility, but brass is independently just so towny

Yellow bussing Yotta is also a possibility, but it's just so lazy and random. Yotta could easily be town.

Don't think Junko is scum, as it has been already said by others too.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 639, Junk wrote:
In post 638, brassherald wrote:And just for the record on not believing doc claims as town, I think you might have been in the game where I as VT tunneled, I want to say UCVoyager, who was town doctor, even after his claim. I don't just automatically believe a PR claim because in my very first game on site, the mafia had a PR claim which was not CCed and we mislynched town due to it. I trusted it without question that game, and I don't ever want to do that again.
Looks like the town PR who decided not to CC is an intellectual
Different set up back then, it was C9 and the only PR in the game was a Jailkeeper who was already dead.

Little did I know in that set up, a One Shot BP claim by scum would be a common gambit.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 am

Post by Junk »

The second scum is hard to find and I can see us losing :shrug:

But at least scum!Yellow will die for sure.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:34 am

Post by YellowSnow »

If you're just going to death tunnel me I'm not going to bother defending myself. Everything youre caccusing me of is just your whim and nothing substantial.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Junk »

Okay, thanks for making it easier.
Junk
Junk
Goon
Junk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Junk »

ayyyy we doin good bois
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 am

Post by YellowSnow »

You think way to highly of yourself. The only thing you have going for youbis you're the Dr supposedly.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Searching for a replacement for YyottaCat.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 635, GuiltyLion wrote:GW also worth another look, is a bad post with the green compufan flip and is kind of a shotgun of shade towards every slot (including Junk) with no real direction behind it. GW can you quote where you think I'm being "irrationally" supportive of you? I feel like the only thing I remember was answering the worst's questions about why I was townreading you.
My post r.e. you is mostly a reflection of past experience - more than once I've been suckered by flattering scum, only to learn that I'd been manipulated into defending them against my better judgment. It's not a fun feeling and I've been hypersensitive to the possibility ever since.

The post was less intended to "throw shade" and more a reflection of the fact that no slot strikes me as overtly scummy. We can all talk ourselves into bad scumreads.
yyotta's a possibility but I mislynched them in my last game after they were lurky most of the game and making semi-unreadable worthless posts.
In post 637, GuiltyLion wrote:then again, still could have been a WK

GrandWazoo can you give reasons from this game only why you think YellowSnow is town and not worth pushing? "not seeing a difference" between this and his last town game doesn't really cut it for me and I wouldn't describe him being "obtuse" as why he's been scumread
This is regarding several reactions to yellow's failure to comprehend the 9 setups, which was definitely an obtuse oversight but not scummy imo. Junko expressed surprise that such a "cold minded" and "smart" player as yellow would commit such a faux pas (Junk agreed). That exchange between me and yellow about scum vs. town probabilities alone should render both Junko's adjectives non-operational. OTOH it's not the kind of inane argument I'd expect scum to actively engage in the first place. I get why you're scumreading yellow, but if you look at that other game (1906) you'll see the same kind of behavior.

pedit: I see Yyotta's being replaced. Jesus that slot is cursed.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

@GrandWazoo I don't like metagaming individual players, there's merit in looking for player's past games to try to catch how they play as scum or town, but playstyles may change with experience, for instance I believe I change my approach to mafia games every other game, you get new ideas from each game.

on topic, if Yellow wasn't acting like he is right now I would remove my vote, but more often than not, noob scums crack like this to pressure

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”