Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 1.1

muh316 (2) -
muh316
Loopdan

Skellen (1) -
Munchmellow

PvtUrist (1) -
Elements

Elements (1) -
Thespio

Thespio (1) -
PvtUrist

UNVOTE/Not Voting (3) -
Skellen
PvtUrist
Munchmellow
Elements
MissDeadbeat
Spiral
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-01-21 05:00:00).
Last edited by Nauci on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:58 am

Post by Elements »

In post 21, Loopdan wrote:Yeah but then you just killed the discussion by saying that was it's purpose. You have to string out those kinds of plays if you want it to get something moving.
or i have caused more basis for discussion from the lack of discussion
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Thespio »

I think Elements is evil.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 24, Loopdan wrote:VOTE: Muh316
Give a reason as well.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Loopdan »

Later.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Thespio »

I dont think its Muh316. the voting against the ic to be silly doesnt urk me.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:36 am

Post by Elements »

In post 27, Thespio wrote:I think Elements is evil.
You are entitled to your wrong opinion
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:44 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 31, Elements wrote:
In post 27, Thespio wrote:I think Elements is evil.
You are entitled to your wrong opinion
I feel like you are fascist and that makes you evil, did you support Benito Mussolini back when you were a child?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 am

Post by Elements »

In post 32, Thespio wrote:I feel like you are fascist and that makes you evil, did you support Benito Mussolini back when you were a child?
no idea who that is.
the only political opinion i have every expressed is that brexit is bad
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 33, Elements wrote: no idea who that is.
the only political opinion i have every expressed is that brexit is bad
Google him. If you are in the UK you have no excuse not to know who he is ;p
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Elements »

i am neither a politically nor historically minded person
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Thespio »

Think dictator of Italy
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Skellen »

Oh well, seems I am going to be the odd one regarding timezones. Maybe.

Thought Loopdan's voting behaviour is weird. The first time he pushes Munchmellow to the lead for no reason (well I get it, random voting phase etc.), I think for pushing some kind of reaction with increasing the pressure, but then he goes after muh who can basically defuse the situation by himself because self-vote. Seems kind of half-assed.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 37, Skellen wrote:Oh well, seems I am going to be the odd one regarding timezones. Maybe.

Thought Loopdan's voting behaviour is weird. The first time he pushes Munchmellow to the lead for no reason (well I get it, random voting phase etc.), I think for pushing some kind of reaction with increasing the pressure, but then he goes after muh who can basically defuse the situation by himself because self-vote. Seems kind of half-assed.
I disagree, i find this to be townie behavior, if he went to much into it i would write it off as LAME (Look At Me *I'm Town*) but because its more vague this makes me feel there is more to it. I assume its to apply pressure.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 38, Thespio wrote: I disagree, i find this to be townie behavior, if he went to much into it i would write it off as LAME (Look At Me *I'm Town*) but because its more vague this makes me feel there is more to it. I assume its to apply pressure.
Nah, a little bit too try-hard for me. Well to be fair, he wanted to give a reason anyway.

I don't understand how being vague is meant to be more pro town. Personally I prefer straight statements as they make someone more vulnerable.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 39, Skellen wrote:Nah, a little bit too try-hard for me. Well to be fair, he wanted to give a reason anyway.

I don't understand how being vague is meant to be more pro town. Personally I prefer straight statements as they make someone more vulnerable.
Well the way i see it is Scum is the informed minority, the only thing they wont know is what we are thinking, in D1 someone just saying wait while we have so much time left to me seems to be keeping info from scum. Eventually yes, we will need the reason, but if its to draw out reactions i think its fine.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 37, Skellen wrote:Oh well, seems I am going to be the odd one regarding timezones. Maybe.

So are you using "weird" as "I don't understand this" or as "this looks scum-motivated" or something else?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 40, Thespio wrote: Well the way i see it is Scum is the informed minority, the only thing they wont know is what we are thinking, in D1 someone just saying wait while we have so much time left to me seems to be keeping info from scum. Eventually yes, we will need the reason, but if its to draw out reactions i think its fine.
Ah, I am not disagreeing with that. I think we talked past each other a bit.

My problem is just that coming from that point it seems cheap to me to take muh. It's basically fake pressure to look pro town considering muh can and probably will just unvote himself eventually.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 41, Loopdan wrote: So are you using "weird" as "I don't understand this" or as "this looks scum-motivated" or something else?
Kind of both. To be fair I have only played this game irl and so I know it only the way that your vote is final, so the whole voting mechanic here is a little bit new to me. On the other hand that what I said in #42 though.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 42, Skellen wrote:It's basically fake pressure to look pro town considering muh can and probably will just unvote himself eventually.
What do you mean by fake pressure? Like is that I don't really want to lynch him but I'm voting him to make him think I am trying to lynch him?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 43, Skellen wrote:
In post 41, Loopdan wrote: So are you using "weird" as "I don't understand this" or as "this looks scum-motivated" or something else?
Kind of both. To be fair I have only played this game irl and so I know it only the way that your vote is final, so the whole voting mechanic here is a little bit new to me. On the other hand that what I said in #42 though.
I understand the concern, at this point who would you lynch? (keeping in mind there are two people who havent contributed)
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 44, Loopdan wrote: What do you mean by fake pressure? Like is that I don't really want to lynch him but I'm voting him to make him think I am trying to lynch him?
I interpret your move so that you push the second vote on people to pressure them. Alright. But in muh's case it's pointless, half the votes on him are basically himself. He can just shrug it off and unvote and *poof*... pointless. If you really wanted to pressure someone there were other and better options who already had one vote.

As for your second question that's what I am actually wondering about. But I am not sure if there is this early a serious lynch intention considering the length of the day.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 46, Skellen wrote:I interpret your move so that you push the second vote on people to pressure them. Alright. But in muh's case it's pointless, half the votes on him are basically himself. He can just shrug it off and unvote and *poof*... pointless. If you really wanted to pressure someone there were other and better options who already had one vote.

As for your second question that's what I am actually wondering about. But I am not sure if there is this early a serious lynch intention considering the length of the day.
Ok, I understand where you are coming from now. maybe we should see what happens?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 45, Thespio wrote: I understand the concern, at this point who would you lynch? (keeping in mind there are two people who havent contributed)
If nothing really good comes up which is worth a try then in doubt one of the inactives, since the silent ones always become a bother later. The lack of information gain is a problem then though. Then again I think this site has a good way to handle this issue so for me it's no big deal at the moment. So going by what I can see here, Loopdan would be my choice.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 46, Skellen wrote:If you really wanted to pressure someone there were other and better options who already had one vote.
Who?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”