Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Enter »

@MagikHorse I don't have much on you, but if you look it's still there.
Spoiler: Recommended Reading
In post 373, Enter wrote:Alright, there reaches a point where the day begins to go on too long. I wasn't going to worry about this, since it seemed inconsequential, but I now believe that since people still seem a bit uncertain about Loopdan, let's clear a few things up:

1. There is a difference between a push and a tunnel. I've been a part of both.

A push is when you find someone you think is scum, you push them, they don't respond to your push/they respond poorly => they are then lynched -OR- They respond well, you find that you're now closer to townreading that person => you have a townread. This is what happened between myself and Loopdan, and between myself and Thespio. Loopdan failed to even acknowledge all my points, cherry-picked my argument, took me out of context, and responded to only what he wanted to respond to. When I followed up with questions, he ignored me and did not continue to play the game until heat was placed on MDb and MDb was replaced => all of a sudden he was rejuvenated. Thespio at first dismissed my arguments against him, but in time responded appropriately, discussion was had, and now I am closer to townreading him.

The lack of push is the reason town was so stagnate earlier. Scum likes it when people don't push your reads because at that point you reach page six and you only have one strong town read.

A tunnel is when you find someone you think is scum, you push them, they respond appropriately, the momentum dies, and all of a sudden three days later you're still pushing them, you're the only one on their wagon, and you refuse to consider anyone else even though your points have been responded to appropriately because you're so convinced they're scum.

Loopdan called my push a tunnel 10 hours after I replaced into the game. Please ask yourself if that makes sense to you at all. Loopdan didn't continue to call what I did a tunnel until later in the game.

If you want to see real tunnel play, look at my games on Tr1ckster, especially my newbie game w/ randomidget. I hard tunneled since day 1. I was town that game, BTW. IIRC I used to tunnel a lot. If you look at the so-called tunnel on NSG (which again, I tried to do, but didn't work out) I got caught as scum because I flip flopped on my reads constantly. I didn't actually tunnel NSG, I made fewer posts, my posts were uncertain, and I sat on the fence.

In post 189, Loopdan wrote:I'm pretty good at reading players. I'm often better at town-hunting than scum-hunting, but that largely depends on the players involved.
This is dumb. If you're good at reading players, you're good at scumhunting. If you call every player town (which is what you were doing: "I don't have any scum reads at the moment") you will have a >50% success rate. This is such a bad excuse for your play.

It's important to recognize the speed with which wagons are built. Something interesting to recognize is that very few people had said a whole lot about Thespio being scum (IIRC) before his wagon came in out of almost nowhere. This is by far not the fastest wagon I've seen built, and it did take a little building (including a hypothetical self-vote from him), but something you should note is that Loopdan has been called out as being weird since Page 2, and it took until now for there to be a wagon on him. The buildup was relatively slow, and you'll notice that a lot of players have had him in their "slightly-scummy" or "not sure anymore" reads that are not voting him or are very hesitant to vote him. Slow wagon buildups are very often scum, especially on day 1.
In post 226, Enter wrote:As far as Loopdan's partner, let's examine the possibilities:

1. PvtUrist: Loopdan doesn't take responsibility for his vote, like he should if he knew PvtUrist was flipping scum. => I think PvtUrist is pretty much conftown when Loopdan flips scum
2. Skellen: Skellen reads like town to me. makes them look town, I think. I think it's pretty rare for scum to call other scum hard town read without other townies agreeing, also the debate at the beginning makes me think it's TvS => Skellen is town.
3. muh316: Kinda weird vote from Loopdan in RVS. Also second one to jump on Loopdan after I came in, and continued to press. Looks kinda town to me (although there really isn't much interaction between them, muh316 calls out Loopdan, Loopdan says "later" :/ ).
4. Munchmellow: Again, not a lot of interactions outside an RVS vote from Loopdan. She's placed suspicion on him before. Reading her as pretty town-y.
5. elements: Weird interaction between elements and Loopdan on Loopdan's side, again. :/ And again, we see another case of elements calling him out for being weird.

You might begin to be seeing a pattern here. Everyone here has called Loopdan out for weird things. I think most of the people in this group are less likely to be his partner than the other two, but it's pretty hard. Elements, for example, could easily be just following other people's example by calling out Loopdan out for his weirdness. If I had to pick a name out of this list on the spot, it would prolly be elements based on the fact that Loopdan didn't vote him when elements made a weird move w/ his votes, even though he did vote muh316. Although that might point more towards muh316, as it seems to me that Loopdan is more scared of pushing a wagon on town.
====

6. Thespio: weird interactions w/ Loopdan. One of the only people to not call him out for weird stuff in the game thread.
7. MissDeadbeat/MagikHorse: Actually nothing this game. Loopdan was awful quick to get his vote off MissDeadbeat. This signals to me that she's the most likely here to be scum. In addition, he took full responsibility for his vote on her. My suspicion is that he saw Thespio vote her, thought to himself "Oh crap better bus her, it's maybe over for her" and then swapped to PvtUrist once he saw a way out.

My conclusion: Of every player here, I would really like to see more from MagikHorse (and if I don't, I will be a very big fan of their lynch on day 2).
In post 223, Thespio wrote:@Enter, I have a question for you, say we flip Loopdan and hes town, whats your next course of action?
I will seriously reconsider my take on PvtUrist

Something that should be noted is that Loopdan is again asking for something he hasn't provided: a list of reads - something I've been asking from him since my 3rd? 4th? (something like that) post.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Thespio »

@Loopdan, this is what i was asking for!
In post 400, Enter wrote:Something that should be noted is that Loopdan is again asking for something he hasn't provided: a list of reads - something I've been asking from him since my 3rd? 4th? (something like that) post.
Ok Enter, can you post just a list in order of town to scum and how you are reading people?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Enter »

In post 397, Thespio wrote:Dear god, refresh and the wall of text appears, Enter I’m not proposing we lynch you rn, I want him to post more so if he’s scum we get more banter and possibly get a hint towards partner.
His banter is intentionally confusing and all over the place. He's wildly calling people scum and town. He still hasn't posted a full reads list, which is something I've been asking for since before he started calling me badtown and scum. I honestly think he's just scum flailing at this point. If he was town he would have put out a full reads list by now, but he won't because it knows it won't really change the lynch and it will help town a lot.

PEdit: *sigh*

Post still holds pretty true.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 402, Enter wrote:His banter is intentionally confusing and all over the place. He's wildly calling people scum and town. He still hasn't posted a full reads list, which is something I've been asking for since before he started calling me badtown and scum. I honestly think he's just scum flailing at this point. If he was town he would have put out a full reads list by now, but he won't because it knows it won't really change the lynch and it will help town a lot
Give it some time, also I like the walls of text, they beat loopdans tiny posts that seem antagonistic and beside the point.

VOTE: Loopdan I dont feel like this went were i thought it would. little to no development.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 1.9

Loopdan (4) -
Enter
muh316
Skellen
Thespio
Thespio

Thespio (3) -
PvtUrist
Munchmellow
Elements

Elements (1) -
Thespio
MagikHorse

Enter (1) -
Loopdan

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-01-21 05:00:00).

Mod Notes

Cats have a reflective layer in their eyes, known as the tapetum lucidum, which magnifies incoming light allowing them to see up to 6 times better than humans can in low light.
Last edited by Nauci on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 404, Nauci wrote:Mod Notes

Cats have a reflective layer in their eyes, known as the tapetum lucidum, which magnifies incoming light allowing them to see up to 6 times better than humans can in low light.
My dad got us a pair of cats when i was 12 for christmas, he put them in a box and poked holes in the sides, when we woke up they had escaped and hid under our fridge. cats are cute but evil
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 252, Loopdan wrote:I'm going to leave this here and then let you guys lynch me.

Town

Skellen
Elements
Thespio
PvtUrist
MagikHorse
Munchmellow
Enter
Muh316
Scum

Updated:

Town

Skellen
Elements
Munchmellow
MagikHorse
Thespio
PvtUrist
Enter
Muh316
Scum

If anybody is thinking of hammering, they should wait until after Pvt posts something useful.

In other news Muh is scum and should be investigated at night.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Enter »

In post 406, Loopdan wrote:
In post 252, Loopdan wrote:I'm going to leave this here and then let you guys lynch me.

Town

Skellen
Elements
Thespio
PvtUrist
MagikHorse
Munchmellow
Enter
Muh316
Scum

Updated:

Town

Skellen
Elements
Munchmellow
MagikHorse
Thespio
PvtUrist
Enter
Muh316
Scum

If anybody is thinking of hammering, they should wait until after Pvt posts something useful.

Ouch. I'm dumb, and I missed that somehow. If you could fix it with why you moved your vote off MDb to start, that would be super great.

Also, if you could put a line there for why you think the things you thought, maybe?

Also please talk about what happened after you placed your vote on PvtUrist to give you what I assume are scumreads on MagikHorse and Munchmellow, seeing as you didn't have any scumreads when you placed your vote on PvtUrist.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 406, Loopdan wrote:

Town

Skellen
Elements
Thespio
PvtUrist
MagikHorse
Munchmellow
Enter
Muh316
Scum

Updated:

Town

Skellen
Elements
Munchmellow
MagikHorse
Thespio
PvtUrist
Enter
Muh316
Scum

^do you know a pr?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Thespio »

Did you just softclaim a pr?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 407, Enter wrote:Ouch. I'm dumb, and I missed that somehow. If you could fix it with why you moved your vote off MDb to start, that would be super great.
I've answered this twice already. MDb was better than my RVS vote. Then Skellen Townes it up big time and sheeping a strong TR while I reread the game was better than the MDb vote.
In post 407, Enter wrote: Also, if you could put a line there for why you think the things you thought, maybe?
I think I've already explained the extremes of my readslist enough.
In post 407, Enter wrote: Also please talk about what happened after you placed your vote on PvtUrist to give you what I assume are scumreads on MagikHorse and Munchmellow, seeing as you didn't have any scumreads when you placed your vote on PvtUrist.
Why are you assuming I am scumreading them?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Loopdan »

Thespio wrote:^do you know a pr?
No.
In post 409, Thespio wrote:Did you just softclaim a pr?
No. And stop talking about who may or not be one.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:39 am

Post by MagikHorse »

If my memory serves he's already gone on the record saying he was a VT at some point, or at least heavily insinuated such. Seems more like he's trying to tell any town investigatives to follow his lead and get Muh lynched.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Also, I don't have a clue why Enter thinks Loop is scumreading me and Munch when we're third and fourth from the top of his list. I recall Loop saying my entrance was good earlier, which insinuates a townlean at the least and lines up roughly with my position in his list. That's weird.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 412, MagikHorse wrote:
If my memory serves he's already gone on the record saying he was a VT at some point, or at least heavily insinuated such. Seems more like he's trying to tell any town investigatives to follow his lead and get Muh lynched.
Thats what i thought i was about to lose it, if he was softclaiming this far into a wagon after saying he was vt, talk about a poor play, but no i think we are fine.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 411, Loopdan wrote:
Thespio wrote:^do you know a pr?
No.
No. And stop talking about who may or not be one.
I was gonna find you in IRL and give you a dirty look if you were claiming.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Enter »

In post 410, Loopdan wrote:
In post 407, Enter wrote:Ouch. I'm dumb, and I missed that somehow. If you could fix it with why you moved your vote off MDb to start, that would be super great.
I've answered this twice already. MDb was better than my RVS vote. Then Skellen Townes it up big time and sheeping a strong TR while I reread the game was better than the MDb vote.[/quyote]
I'm still asking you because it's not consistent w/ your post on MDb.
Also please talk about what happened after you placed your vote on PvtUrist to give you what I assume are scumreads on MagikHorse and Munchmellow, seeing as you didn't have any scumreads when you placed your vote on PvtUrist.
Why are you assuming I am scumreading them?
Your vote was on PvtUrist. Surely...
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:55 am

Post by Enter »

In post 410, Loopdan wrote:
I've answered this twice already. MDb was better than my RVS vote. Then Skellen Townes it up big time and sheeping a strong TR while I reread the game was better than the MDb vote.
I'm still asking you because it's not consistent w/ your post on MDb.
Why are you assuming I am scumreading them?[/quote]

Your vote was on PvtUrist. Surely...

==========
...EBWOP
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Loopdan »

I still don't get what you mean. Unless you just have your timeline mixed-up on when I voted Pvt and when I posted that readslist.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by Skellen »

I am sleepy~... still wanted at least to comment while catching up on some things before I forget to do so tomorrow.

First, I want to hug Magichorse for his scumread on Elements. I was already feeling paranoid with everyone else townreading him. What you said about him is exactly what bothered me plus him being rather reactionary until that point of your post. How do you feel about his recent posts though? He became surprisingly bold and is now far more involved with the current situation. Although this can be interpreted in multiple ways. I am not really sure what to make out of it as I find his scum constellations weird (not his Thespio suspicion though).
Also how come you are holding Muh and PvtUrist in higher regard than Elements in #? Both aren't really that different from him tbh.

@Elements:
Can you elaborate on the connection that you seem to see between Loopdan and PvtUrist in #? Isn't it rather the opposite considering Loopdan put PvtUrist on L-2 and pushed him ahead when no alternative wagon was in sight?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 315, PvtUrist wrote:Looks like a lot has happened while I was away. Feel free to shoot me a few questions while I read through the new pages.
Sure.

Why is it so difficult for you to form an opinion about Loopdan's alignment?

What is your impression of Magichorse or better: what convinces you to lean more on town with him?

What do you think of the issue of Enter's "tunneling"? Do you think Enter's arguments are legit? You were wondering after all in your last reads post why he was targeting Loopdan.

Your opinion of Thespio's exchange with Enter?

Anything else to the current situation is fine.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Skellen »

When I remember right, how did this become a 1v1 between Enter and Loopdan? By all I know it's still Loopdan vs Thespio or did I miss something?

Personally I don't believe we are dealing here with a scum-Enter. I mean what exactly would be his game plan as scum? He joins the game by kicking in the door, making much noise and attacking heavily a player who was at that point of the game basically untouched. That Loopdan would cave in as he did wasn't expectable at all. If Loopdan would flip as town he is instantly in the center of attraction (during day and maybe even night), which is exactly the one thing I think scum would try to avoid at all costs. I mean if it would have happened later at Day 3, maybe even already Day 2, ok I could see a scum motivation. But his early the risk of his cover getting blown away would be pretty high. I don't see it. Can anyone explain to me what the motivation of scum-Enter would be here?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 418, Loopdan wrote:I still don't get what you mean. Unless you just have your timeline mixed-up on when I voted Pvt and when I posted that readslist.
I guess what I mean to ask is what changed your reads between 125 and that reads list.

PEdit: AFAIK there is no 1v1 between me and Loopdan other than the one he called for earlier.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Thespio »

@enter, ugh, you know what just occurred to me, the reason I dislike Pvt is the same as loopdan, loopdan has been caught up on the same person all game. how did i not notice that. excuse my mistake. there is no reason beyond policy.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 419, Skellen wrote:I am sleepy~... still wanted at least to comment while catching up on some things before I forget to do so tomorrow.

First, I want to hug Magichorse for his scumread on Elements. I was already feeling paranoid with everyone else townreading him. What you said about him is exactly what bothered me plus him being rather reactionary until that point of your post. How do you feel about his recent posts though? He became surprisingly bold and is now far more involved with the current situation. Although this can be interpreted in multiple ways. I am not really sure what to make out of it as I find his scum constellations weird (not his Thespio suspicion though).
Also how come you are holding Muh and PvtUrist in higher regard than Elements in #? Both aren't really that different from him tbh.
Muh and Urist only had about 8-10 posts to their names when I made that list and were lurking pretty hard. Elements had around 30 at the time and still had nothing important to say. In my opinion being decently active and yet doing nothing to prod meaningful discussion is scummier than lurking all-out, because you're clearly there and yet not willing to throw your hat in the ring as opposed to simply being unavailable or busy. They've changed that somewhat once I called them out on it, but even then too much of it is pursuing a scumteam of Thespio/Enter instead of finding individually scummy players to the exclusion of all else (barring a single comment towards Loop), something which I've called out as bad play multiple times already and don't like whatsoever.

I'm just becoming more and more paranoid about this 1v1, and although it's proven to be a bit distracting it has made Muh come off more suspicious for ignoring such a massive fireball to go pick at a tiny little detail to no real end. I would honestly not complain about a lynch there except for the fact that it's fairly uninformative as a lurker slot lynch.

Post Review Edit for Skellen: According to Loop, Enter's scum because he made a complaint about this exact "flooding someone into submission" type of play 3 years ago on an alt, and then finished a game about 11 days ago where he had a couple dozen posts that was meant to coalesce into a tunnel on someone but backfired terribly. This is his evidence that Enter would deathtunnel someone to make sure they die really, really aggressively.

Honestly it's way too little and way too reachey for me, especially with how mild his "tunnel" was in the other game and how old that complaint was. Also, meta from one game isn't really worth much even if it did match up, so I basically don't buy into this at all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”