Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 548, joges wrote:Because I'm town, and scum wouldn't forget a town player like this. They'd be sure to come up with something.
no, i;m sorry. you're just wrong. this isn't a reason to townread him.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 548, joges wrote:
In post 544, Ruby Red wrote:why do you townread slaxx
In post 418, Slaxx wrote:Okay... Creature/Ruby/Or/Jibril town
Mumble TTT maybe town
Suadade Bittersweet need more pressure
Stan1ey scum

Whoever I missed is null
Because I'm town, and scum wouldn't forget a town player like this. They'd be sure to come up with something.

I hate this game

Why is that townread worthy?
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

like you need more than that because i have cased this guy more than i've ever cased anyone before ever and this really small shit just does not outweigh everything i laid out
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

i guarantee you slaxx probably feels guilty to some degree about this entire situation

i guarantee you if there's daychat there's a post in the scum pt like that

i would, at least.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 549, Ruby Red wrote:okay

i don't disagree that TTTT could be scum but his question has nothing to do with my degree of confidence

even if he were scum i would be surprised if his plan specifically with that question was to set me up to have false confidence or something. i just don't think that's something wolves do
I fucking hate that "its too blatant/obvious to be scum" schtick

You should know that Ruby. I don't think its scummy but is is steeped so fucking deep in fallacy.
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by joges »

In post 550, Ruby Red wrote:
In post 548, joges wrote:Because I'm town, and scum wouldn't forget a town player like this. They'd be sure to come up with something.
I can have whatever reason I want to town read someone.

From my point of view, I see this as something I wouldn't do as scum, and would do as town. So he gets my town read.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 553, Ruby Red wrote:i guarantee you slaxx probably feels guilty to some degree about this entire situation

i guarantee you if there's daychat there's a post in the scum pt like that

i would, at least.
I'll be sure to point out the irony of this post-game.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 554, Slaxx wrote:
In post 549, Ruby Red wrote:okay

i don't disagree that TTTT could be scum but his question has nothing to do with my degree of confidence

even if he were scum i would be surprised if his plan specifically with that question was to set me up to have false confidence or something. i just don't think that's something wolves do
I fucking hate that "its too blatant/obvious to be scum" schtick

You should know that Ruby. I don't think its scummy but is is steeped so fucking deep in fallacy.
where did i say "too blatant"?
In post 555, joges wrote:
In post 550, Ruby Red wrote:
I can have whatever reason I want to town read someone.

From my point of view, I see this as something I wouldn't do as scum, and would do as town. So he gets my town read.
WOW SICK COUNTERARGUMENT

I'm not saying you "can't" townread him for that reason. I'm saying it's a drop dead stupid reason to townread someone who (as you will find out later) is scum.
Jibril
Jibril
Goon
Jibril
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Jibril »

In post 530, Creature wrote:Sure, the problem is that I feel like my number of townreads is higher than the estimate number of town slots in this game.
:?
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by joges »

In post 552, Ruby Red wrote:like you need more than that because i have cased this guy more than i've ever cased anyone before ever and this really small shit just does not outweigh everything i laid out
Maybe you're right about your case and I'm wrong? I don't know. But I would find it hard to lynch him today because of that post. It stands out to me specifically because I'm the one he forgot, and therefore I get to have my opinion about it. I don't expect people to share it, or see the logic to it because it's completely from my point of view.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

jibril please speak to me

what do you think of slaxx
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Slaxx »

@Ruby, was it not implied in "Wolves don't do that"
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 559, joges wrote:
In post 552, Ruby Red wrote:like you need more than that because i have cased this guy more than i've ever cased anyone before ever and this really small shit just does not outweigh everything i laid out
Maybe you're right about your case and I'm wrong? I don't know. But I would find it hard to lynch him today because of that post. It stands out to me specifically because I'm the one he forgot, and therefore I get to have my opinion about it. I don't expect people to share it, or see the logic to it because it's completely from my point of view.
you're falling into the classic trap of basing your reads too much off of yourself and not taking an objective standpoint

i think it's a very town thing to do but i also think it's a pretty big mistake that people fall into and something that pretty often leads to them getting pocketed (not that slaxx was deliberately trying to pocket you with that post)
In post 561, Slaxx wrote:@Ruby, was it not implied in "Wolves don't do that"
no
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Slaxx »

It's not fun being on the other end of an aggressive player's drill

No regrets or apologies to my victims though.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

Subject: Newbie 1898: [GAME OVER]
Ruby Red wrote: i genuinely apologize if i am wrong, but i don't think i am. i can only go off of what i see and what i see points to you being a wolf. given that i am playing to make the most out of what could very likely be my only day alive in this game.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Slaxx »

By the way Ruby, the shit you listed about not asking you for your reasoning or trying to sort your push...the stuff you thought would be townie for Thespio...I did all that before you listed it.

And I don't freaking get why you can't maybe wrap your head around the fact that the slot was just disinterested.
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by joges »

In post 562, Ruby Red wrote:
you're falling into the classic trap of basing your reads too much off of yourself and not taking an objective standpoint

i think it's a very town thing to do but i also think it's a pretty big mistake that people fall into and something that pretty often leads to them getting pocketed (not that slaxx was deliberately trying to pocket you with that post)
no
I hope, if I'm around for it, that my D1 reads will differ from my D2 and so on. On D1 I like to find reasons not to lynch someone and reasons to lynch someone. D1 I take things a lot more personal, like you calling me stupid if I wasn't already feeling good about wanting you around D2 probably would have got you a scum read for the day because I would feel like I can't see a future working with you.

I really don't like going in to "I think they're town/scum" (on D1) personally, but do it for the sake of having this conversation every game. In D1 no one has made any decisions that effect the game until someone hammers. Then there's people who decided to lynch and didn't. That's when people being town and scum can truly begin in my opinion.

I look at it like, you can't solve a puzzle without the first clue. The first clue, in my opinion, is the first lynch.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 565, Slaxx wrote:By the way Ruby, the shit you listed about not asking you for your reasoning or trying to sort your push...the stuff you thought would be townie for Thespio...I did all that before you listed it.
you're a different player than thespio and i would never read the two of you the same way.

like, the reasons i townread mumble for example would just not apply to anyone else.
And I don't freaking get why you can't maybe wrap your head around the fact that the slot was just disinterested.
of course i considered that. the overwhelming likelihood was that he was scum moreso than bored.
joges
joges
Goon
joges
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by joges »

In post 567, Ruby Red wrote:
In post 565, Slaxx wrote:By the way Ruby, the shit you listed about not asking you for your reasoning or trying to sort your push...the stuff you thought would be townie for Thespio...I did all that before you listed it.
you're a different player than thespio and i would never read the two of you the same way.

like, the reasons i townread mumble for example would just not apply to anyone else.
of course i considered that. the overwhelming likelihood was that he was scum moreso than bored.
In post 562, Ruby Red wrote:

no
Aren't you doing exactly what you're scolding me for, then?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Okay, maybe we can get somewhere with this, probably not but what the hell.

What's your read on me, in isolation, completely separate of Thespio? I'm not asking you to commit to that, I'm not going to dick you around and try to use that read against you. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact you're not letting up off this slot. But I'm trying to get you to think in a different way because this problem isn't going to go away.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 566, joges wrote:I hope, if I'm around for it, that my D1 reads will differ from my D2 and so on. On D1 I like to find reasons not to lynch someone and reasons to lynch someone. D1 I take things a lot more personal, like you calling me stupid if I wasn't already feeling good about wanting you around D2 probably would have got you a scum read for the day because I would feel like I can't see a future working with you.
please don't get me wrong. i'm not calling you stupid. i'm saying that your reason for townreading someone is incredibly poor, and i'm trying to get that point across.

either way, i should hope that you wouldn't scumread someone just for them theoretically insulting you – that would be an even worse version of the (for lack of a better term) self-centered style of forming reads that i mentioned.
I really don't like going in to "I think they're town/scum" (on D1) personally, but do it for the sake of having this conversation every game. In D1 no one has made any decisions that effect the game until someone hammers. Then there's people who decided to lynch and didn't. That's when people being town and scum can truly begin in my opinion.

I look at it like, you can't solve a puzzle without the first clue. The first clue, in my opinion, is the first lynch.
this is basically what i was getting at with the "day 1s are useless" thing, the idea that there's nothing to go off of before a lynch and a nightkill

and like i've said, i will never ever agree with it.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 568, joges wrote:Aren't you doing exactly what you're scolding me for, then?
elaborate? i have no idea what you're getting at with just those two quotes there.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 569, Slaxx wrote:Okay, maybe we can get somewhere with this, probably not but what the hell.

What's your read on me, in isolation, completely separate of Thespio? I'm not asking you to commit to that, I'm not going to dick you around and try to use that read against you. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact you're not letting up off this slot. But I'm trying to get you to think in a different way because this problem isn't going to go away.
it isn't town
Jibril
Jibril
Goon
Jibril
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Jibril »

In post 560, Ruby Red wrote:jibril please speak to me

what do you think of slaxx
Master said he is town, so he must be right.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

wow imo

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”