Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 477, Loopdan wrote:@Muh
@Skellen
@Thespio

Please provide a couple sentence (or even just bullet points) on why you think I'm scum.

There's so much noise (much of it of my own making) in this game and I think town needs your clear statements on why you support my lynch so they can sort you day2.

Thank you.
@Skellen - you missed this
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 550, Loopdan wrote:
@Skellen
@Thespio

Please provide a couple sentence (or even just bullet points) on why you think I'm scum.

There's so much noise (much of it of my own making) in this game and I think town needs your clear statements on why you support my lynch so they can sort you day2.

Thank you.
@Skellen - you missed this
In post 546, Skellen wrote:I am still at work and can only post more in a few hours but since Elements announced his hammer in a few hours I will do the unvote.

You missed this.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Loopdan »

If there's a doc they should protect Magik. He may be your only hope.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 551, Thespio wrote:You missed this.
I asked for "a couple sentences or bullet points" not an Enteresque novella.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 553, Loopdan wrote:
In post 551, Thespio wrote:You missed this.
I asked for "a couple sentences or bullet points" not an Enteresque novella.
You still missed it, he said he cant post alot now but will get to it, hes at work. you did the same with me, you are really focused on one point and i feel like you are ignoring the game.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Elements »

ngl loopdan, you're starting to annoy me
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 547, Thespio wrote:newbie games with stricter rules it is common for experienced players to get bored playing scum and drop out.
This is counter to my experience in Newbie games.

Often experienced players as scum will lurk and play with low activity. Is that what you mean? If so, is that how you see my play this game?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 555, Elements wrote:ngl loopdan, you're starting to annoy me
OK. I'm here. What do you want to talk about?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 556, Loopdan wrote:Often experienced players as scum will lurk and play with low activity. Is that what you mean? If so, is that how you see my play this game?
To my experience there is lurking however its not due to some strat its due to their partners activity and they end up losing interest in the game, you looked at my meta you can tell thats the majority of what ive seen. so you giving up pings my scumdar in these newbie games.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Loopdan »

Dude... You really think this is what giving up looks like? How many posts have I made since being put at L-2? I have done more questioning and pushing than anybody else since that point.

Yes, I was super frustrated that you guys all fell for Enter's dumb tunnel on me. It felt like nobody was even reading the game and I felt helpless at that point to do anything to avoid a lynch.

And I still am helpless to avoid the lynch, but here I am still trying to help win the game by getting all of you to explain your reason for voting me. You think that comes from scum? It's been clear I'm the lynch for a loooong time so why am I still here? Answer that and you'll realize my alignment is obvious.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Elements »

In post 557, Loopdan wrote:
In post 555, Elements wrote:ngl loopdan, you're starting to annoy me
OK. I'm here. What do you want to talk about?
I just want to lynch you so we can see your flip and get on with the game rather than these last few stagnant pages
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 559, Loopdan wrote:Dude... You really think this is what giving up looks like? How many posts have I made since being put at L-2? I have done more questioning and pushing than anybody else since that point.

Yes, I was super frustrated that you guys all fell for Enter's dumb tunnel on me. It felt like nobody was even reading the game and I felt helpless at that point to do anything to avoid a lynch.

And I still am helpless to avoid the lynch, but here I am still trying to help win the game by getting all of you to explain your reason for voting me. You think that comes from scum? It's been clear I'm the lynch for a loooong time so why am I still here? Answer that and you'll realize my alignment is obvious.
Because you think we will buy your shinanigans and lynch Muh, he is a null lean for me but based on how im reading you im guessing hes town, he flips, then we waste D2 killing and no new scum hunting can happen until D3. thats why. I think you are trying to be a good IC and sticking around even though you are a sitting duck hoping you can slip out of it.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:09 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 547, Thespio wrote:
@Skellen
@Thespio

Thank you.
I think that your early game was/is flighty, you dont really contribute (either due to time or a lack of effort) and when you get to L-2 you are basically done with the game, in newbie games with stricter rules it is common for experienced players to get bored playing scum and drop out. This to me is the first red flag, the second is that you recognize that what is going on right now hurts town, the clash between you and enter, but you recognize that you have to play to win, imo this is a scum slip because town isnt winning by only focusing on you two (you acknowledged this) and yet you still push it. The final red flag is this question, I already stated why i was flipping onto you, This seems to distract from the actual lynch almost like an effort to dissuade us, paired with you asking for extra time (even if it helps town) it seems LAME as well as opportunistic.

Thats why I'm keeping my vote, if i saw you push everyone i might have stayed off you when i hesitated earlier. I was hoping that my initial townie read was good but I cant get myself back to that mindset.

@Horse
hence my previous question whom Loopdan has now parroted back in a similar manner.

Why dont you find this off? someone who has played all spectrum in the same 4 day span from pity to a hard push, no parroting you for more time. Why is this ok for you?

PEDIT:
Didnt miss it loop just writing it. I havent removed my vote because I was midpost, I literally had to delete it because someone did it while i was writing this.
So your case is:
1) Early game was flighty then he was done with the game when he for to L-2.
2) I'm focused on a 1v1 against Enter and this is detrimental to town
3) I asked you to concisely state your case on me but you've already stated your case so I'm just trying to distract from my lynch.

If this is incorrect please clarify
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Elements »

post 562 seems utterly irrelevant to anything. Can people stop letting loopdan waste time and lynch him VOTE: loopdan
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Loopdan »

Thespio - If I was trying to survive at all costs I would have pushed to lynch you, since you are already at L-2.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 563, Elements wrote:post 562 seems utterly irrelevant to anything. Can people stop letting loopdan waste time and lynch him VOTE: loopdan
So this is a bad bad post if you are town. If you think I'm scum you should want me to keep talking. You already have your lynch, why try to shut up someone you think is scum?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 562, Loopdan wrote: So your case is:
1) Early game was flighty then he was done with the game when he for to L-2.
2) I'm focused on a 1v1 against Enter and this is detrimental to town
3) I asked you to concisely state your case on me but you've already stated your case so I'm just trying to distract from my lynch.

If this is incorrect please clarify
why are you trying to simplify my post? all of what i said is important.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Elements »

i don't think you're scum. I think you are town but the lynch that will give us the most information when you flip. The rest of the conversations going on are the same thing that's been going on for two days and all it's doing is making people angry with the game
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Loopdan »

I want everyone on wagon to state their reasons for voting me so that day2 town can figure out who was sincere and who was scum

So sure, all of what you said is important, but is what I wrote a fair summation?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 567, Elements wrote:i don't think you're scum. I think you are town but the lynch that will give us the most information when you flip. The rest of the conversations going on are the same thing that's been going on for two days and all it's doing is making people angry with the game
This doesn't line up with what you just said about 562 being utterly irrelevant.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Loopdan »

I gotta go.

One of you should unvote until our replacement arrives and has time to read.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 am

Post by Loopdan »

Because if it's not clear...
I am at L-1
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Nauci »

Mod Notes

I am traveling without my laptop through Sunday, and up in the air all day today, so I won't be able to do a VC for a little while.

Between this and the search for a replacement, I will extend the day by 24 hours if a replacement is found with more than 48 hours remaining. Otherwise, the game will last 48 hours after the replacement player joins.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 572, Nauci wrote:
Mod Notes

I am traveling without my laptop through Sunday, and up in the air all day today, so I won't be able to do a VC for a little while.

Between this and the search for a replacement, I will extend the day by 24 hours if a replacement is found with more than 48 hours remaining. Otherwise, the game will last 48 hours after the replacement player joins.
#bestmod
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 am

Post by MagikHorse »

@Elements Loop being the "most beneficial lynch" isn't an excuse not to have reads on other people. Still highly disappointed in this slot.

@Thespio Why would it be suspicious? Information is pro-town. Buying time for information is in no way reason for me to suspect alterior motives.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”