Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 599, Elements wrote:
In post 580, Thespio wrote:
In post 567, Elements wrote:i don't think you're scum. I think you are town but the lynch that will give us the most information when you flip. The rest of the conversations going on are the same thing that's been going on for two days and all it's doing is making people angry with the game
WAIT, WTF IS THIS. If he is town you get the same info as if he is town, how does this make any sense, can we all quickly evaluate Elements?
this was poorly worded it sould've been: "i think loopdan is town, but his lynch will tell us the most information"
My dude i think you owe us your reads, you have given me the biggest heart attack today, if you are skum you have to be kicking yourself, because even with your revisions it means the same thing.

You see town, you kill town. If you think hes town look a step ahead, i interacted with you first, i didnt push to lynch you without looking beyond you.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Think about the Mafia wincon here: 3 mislynches and the Mafia wins (with some mild exceptions for if you get 2 protects or NK blocks in one game, which is highly unlikely anyways and probably means the Town has already caught the scum). Is it worth giving the scum 1/3 of their wincon for the information you expect to find within this flip? If so, will someone please tell me exactly what this information actually entails? Enter was supposed to get back to me at some point today about that, but it seems like he's not here yet.

And while you're at it, how exactly are the current discussions "detrimental to town"?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Skellen »

In post 586, Munchmellow wrote: Right now for me, there are two scenarios:
1. Thespio is scum with Elements/Muh/pvt
One last thing for today:

How does this scenario work? I mean I get that Thespio is shady, but two of these three tried to lynch him. While he has tried and is actually trying to lynch exactly those two.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 602, Skellen wrote:How does this scenario work? I mean I get that Thespio is shady
Like cool shady or like bad shady?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Thespio »

didnt respond in time, I'm going cool. Personally Im not sure why a few of you think I am sketchy but it doesnt really matter, with this slip from elements we should be pushing him hard, im re reading loopdan now that he is defending himself, ill post later about it.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 598, Elements wrote:
In post 590, Munchmellow wrote:I would hammer a townread at deadline to avoid no lynch (not a strong townread). But to rush hammering a townread... I do find it suspicious.
At this point i feel like this day is currently being detrimental to town
In post 567, Elements wrote:i don't think you're scum. I think you are town but the lynch that will give us the most information when you flip. The rest of the conversations going on are the same thing that's been going on for two days and all it's doing is making people angry with the game
WAIT, WTF IS THIS. If he is town you get the same info as if he is town, how does this make any sense, can we all quickly evaluate Elements?
this was poorly worded it sould've been: "i think loopdan is town, but his lynch will tell us the most information"
This is not really an explanation at all. You just repeated what you already said.

You were TRing me and SRing Enter. Then with 3 days left and a possible time extension due to a replacement player coming in, and the game finally moving on from the unproductive Loopdan v Enter escapades, you
then
want to lynch your TR because "At this point i feel like this day is currently being detrimental to town" and your TR's lynch "will tell us the most information."

You need to explain two things: Why is the current game-state detrimental to town? Why will my lynch tell us the most information?

VOTE: Elements
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Stop repeating my questions Loop >.<
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 605, Loopdan wrote:
In post 598, Elements wrote:
In post 590, Munchmellow wrote:I would hammer a townread at deadline to avoid no lynch (not a strong townread). But to rush hammering a townread... I do find it suspicious.
At this point i feel like this day is currently being detrimental to town
This is not really an explanation at all. You just repeated what you already said.

You were TRing me and SRing Enter. Then with 3 days left and a possible time extension due to a replacement player coming in, and the game finally moving on from the unproductive Loopdan v Enter escapades, you
then
want to lynch your TR because "At this point i feel like this day is currently being detrimental to town" and your TR's lynch "will tell us the most information."

You need to explain two things: Why is the current game-state detrimental to town? Why will my lynch tell us the most information?

VOTE: Elements
Im about midway through your Iso, leaning scum, HOWEVER at this point where im hitting more recent event

Code: Select all

concidering
the situation you were in im leaning more null. halfway done.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Thespio »

Didnt mean to do the code thing but whatever
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 606, MagikHorse wrote:Stop repeating my questions Loop >.<
I did ask first. :P
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Looks like a different question to me?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 1.12

Elements (3) -
Thespio
MagikHorse
Thespio
MagikHorse
Loopdan

Loopdan (3) -
Enter
muh316
Skellen
Thespio
Thespio
Elements

Thespio (1) -
PvtUrist
Munchmellow
Elements

UNVOTE/Not Voting (2) -
Skellen
PvtUrist
Munchmellow
Elements
MagikHorse
Enter
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
Skellen
Thespio
Munchmellow

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-01-21 05:00:00).

Mod Notes

Still updating from mobile.

Still seeking replacement for PvtUrist.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 602, Skellen wrote:

How does this scenario work? I mean I get that Thespio is shady, but two of these three tried to lynch him. While he has tried and is actually trying to lynch exactly those two.
Well, I obviously didn't think it through.
Where I was coming from is - based on my gut feeling and last few pages of loopdans answers, let's say he's town. And the way Enter went after him, I think he's town too. Than Magik and Skellen are really townie. So there is Thespio and the other 3left. I like a lot of Thespio's posts. But if I am being slightly paranoid, I could see a lot of his posts come from scum agenda. What bothered me was how wagon on Loopdan formed and how Thespio had a change of heart back then.
I can still see my No.1 scenario working with Muh and maybe even with PVT. But I admit that scenario No.2 is more likely (and it would give us 2scum out of 3ppl). That's why I unvoted Thespio and would like to lynch one of those 3. Lynching PVT doesn't sound good because he is gone for a long time now and we should wait for his replacement (which is probably gonna be hard to find with 25pages of D1). So that leaves Muh and Elements - neither of them gives me very townie feelings.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Never fear, the replacement is here!

Only face I recognize is Thespio so this should be fun.

I'll probably get started with reading in the next 3-4 hours, the joy of night shift.

If my slots being wagoned could I ask for an unvote while I catch up?
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

Hi RCE.
Great that you joined us.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Loopdan »

Hi RCE. Are you a Radiant Cowbells alt or is that a coincidence?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:08 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Just a coincidence. I'm gonna have to put that in my signature.

Heading home now, prepare for walls.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 612, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 602, Skellen wrote:

Well, I obviously didn't think it through.
Where I was coming from is - based on my gut feeling and last few pages of loopdans answers, let's say he's town. And the way Enter went after him, I think he's town too. Than Magik and Skellen are really townie. So there is Thespio and the other 3left. I like a lot of Thespio's posts. But if I am being slightly paranoid, I could see a lot of his posts come from scum agenda. What bothered me was how wagon on Loopdan formed and how Thespio had a change of heart back then.
I can still see my No.1 scenario working with Muh and maybe even with PVT. But I admit that scenario No.2 is more likely (and it would give us 2scum out of 3ppl). That's why I unvoted Thespio and would like to lynch one of those 3. Lynching PVT doesn't sound good because he is gone for a long time now and we should wait for his replacement (which is probably gonna be hard to find with 25pages of D1). So that leaves Muh and Elements - neither of them gives me very townie feelings.
I think you might be playing WIFOM with yourself and I don’t think it’s healthy, if you are paranoid ask me questions, earlier when loop sujjesged you had to infur motives, he was right in most cases. Because I could say the same applies to horse under your reasoning. He is just blending, building townie points because his scum budy is pvt and he can’t act. When you don’t engage but try to get into details you just end up hurting yourself. (Also leaning town on horse based on their willingness to scum hunt)

Hey RCE welcome, there’s a cooler of drinks in the back, Loopdan has smash brothers hooked up, and I’m making toast. Make yourself at home.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:46 am

Post by Thespio »

The typos^ sorry on a phone.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:52 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 19, Elements wrote:
In post 18, Loopdan wrote:Elements, what is the purpose of this vote change?
There wan't any real purpose other than to spark some form of discussion, which it now appears to have done
Fine with this, I have a similar approach to RVS but a majority of slots hadn't checked in. Give them time to get going to accomplish what this was really meant to do.
In post 22, muh316 wrote:
In post 12, Loopdan wrote:---> Don't vote for yourself. There are very rare occasions where this is helpful in non-newbie games, but usually only for scum, so if you do it here you will certainly get scumread for it.
VOTE: Muh316 Don't tell me what to do or what not to do.
Open wolfing is fun eh?
In post 44, Loopdan wrote:
In post 42, Skellen wrote:It's basically fake pressure to look pro town considering muh can and probably will just unvote himself eventually.
What do you mean by fake pressure? Like is that I don't really want to lynch him but I'm voting him to make him think I am trying to lynch him?
Weird bit of wifom here, I think Skellen was pretty straightforward when she said the vote doesn't accomplish anything.

That said Skellens questioning is pretty townie to this point. At the very least it's an attempt to solve that is coming a bit earlier than I would think scum would be willing to for obvious reasons. Early townlean there.

I'm thinking Muh/Loop have some....interesting interactions but only 2 and a half pages deep so I'll see if it develops.
In post 57, Thespio wrote:I think this is a tvt fight
What gave you that impression and why are you avoiding involvement there?
In post 69, Thespio wrote:To make it clear d1 I tend to lean more towards policy, I won’t push anything because we have so much time but since this is a newbie game I want everyone to understand if it is a NL or me I would prefer you kill me. A kill d1 should prepare town to win.
Also bad. This wasn't the case in the newbie game we played, multiple slots we're inactive but you were aggressive with your pushes on active slots so I'm kind of side eyeing at this.

The NL bit seems lamist but yes a day 1 no lynch is arguably anti town in this set of setups.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:53 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I realize I will probably be breaking up the flow of conversation, you guys can ignore me till I'm up to snuff.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:13 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 76, Loopdan wrote:
In post 74, Elements wrote:
In post 69, Thespio wrote:if it is a NL or me I would prefer you kill me.
please don't say this. the first game of forum mafia i played someone said this. i came back half a day later to 9 pages of pointless discussion that basically destroyed the game
Thespio is correct that it's better to lynch than NL day1. But I don't like how he brought it up. It was out of the blue and looks like an attempt to declare his own towniness.
Looks like we had the same impression here.
In post 85, Skellen wrote:
In post 64, Elements wrote: i don't see why this is important in any way. the vote happened on the first page of the game after muh voted themselves to spite loopdan. i can't see how there could be any reason for loopdan to vote them other then something along the lines of "well screw you too"
I would agree with this if he wouldn't have implied there is more to it with the "Later" in #29. Meanwhile he said it is as you said. Eeerrhh why was he even doing it so ominously in first place then.
Kind of pedantic, hopefully this doesn't keep up.
In post 96, Skellen wrote:Finally got some time to spare.
In post 86, Thespio wrote: How do you read Elements and I?
It's difficult to read Elements at the moment, at least for me, so I can't really see how you are leaning more towards town in his case. Comments here and there some things, but not enough to classify him on town/scum side. Normally I would think it's slightly scummy (I miss a little bit the initiative), however this early there isn't much juicy stuff to work with anyway.

As for you I am struggling with you a little bit. I found your role in the exchange between me and loopdan slightly interesting, since you were kind of "moderating" between us. It would be consistent with your opinion that two townies went against each other instead of the using the moment to team up against a side, which is a positive thing. Of course a scum-you would have known better and could as well used that moment to get in a postive standing with two active townies. By feeling I am rather leaning towards the former. I was a bit wary when you put all the active players on the town side while I wouldn't even find it possible to say much about the others, as you can see in my comment about Elements, so that only the inactives are left for scum. A bit a too certain statement for this early. Leaning slightly towards town, but here and there are some things that remind me to keep an eye on you.
Some meat. Skellen is oozing town at this point. When I look at new players (experience elsewhere or otherwise) I look for effort, attention to detail, motivation (that's general in mafia but I digress). This goes a bit beyond the surface, moreso with the Thespio read, on why X slot is doing what they are doing. Instead of focusing on the fact that it happened. I like that.

I also noticed when articulate newbies roll town they have a tendency to over explain reads to get as much of their thought process out as possible. I know this was the case when I started here.
In post 104, Elements wrote:
In post 102, muh316 wrote:Elements, you haven't given us any TR's or strong opinions on anyone. It seems like lurking to me.
I take while to form reads, and I don't give them as often as other people in the few games I've played. So far this game the only read I've rlly got is that I don't think you and loop are both mafia. Everyone else is pretty much null at this point
This was the first connection I put together, why couldn't these two be scum together?
In post 111, PvtUrist wrote:Reads so far;

{Urist} conf-town
{} strong-town
{Elements, Loopdan, Skellen} null-town
{Munchmellow, muh316, Spiral, MissDeadbeat} null
{Thespio} null-scum
Unprompted readslist without really interacting with anyone...meh not liking this.
In post 112, PvtUrist wrote:My reads are lame so here's a few questions;

@Skellen ignoring the 2 inactive players, who do you feel to be the scummiest/towniest right now? How different do you feel with forum Mafia vs IRL?

@all reads on Thespio? Namely his page 2/3 fluff and scum slip.

It would certainly be convenient if the
lurking scums
inactive players decided to show up.
Couple things, why are all of your posts revolving around Thespio particularly?

Then, you're calling Thespio scum while immediately contradicting that by pleading to the "inactive scum" to post. Effectively agreeing with your only scumread at this point? I'm not following, got my eyes on you.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 621, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 112, PvtUrist wrote:My reads are lame so here's a few questions;

@Skellen ignoring the 2 inactive players, who do you feel to be the scummiest/towniest right now? How different do you feel with forum Mafia vs IRL?

@all reads on Thespio? Namely his page 2/3 fluff and scum slip.

It would certainly be convenient if the
lurking scums
inactive players decided to show up.
Couple things, why are all of your posts revolving around Thespio particularly?

Then, you're calling Thespio scum while immediately contradicting that by pleading to the "inactive scum" to post. Effectively agreeing with your only scumread at this point? I'm not following, got my eyes on you.
You do realize PtvUrist is the person you've replaced, right?
This is your own slot!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 136, PvtUrist wrote:Read update;

{Urist} conf town
{Skellen, Loopdan} lean town
{Elements} null town
{Enter, MissDeadbeat, Munchmellow, muh316} null
{Thespio} null scum

Skellen; Loopdan explains how I feel about him/her well in

Loopdan; ISO reads town

Elements; felt town from first read, but I guess there wasn't as much content in his posts than I previously thought they did.

Enter; feeling null, interested in where he reads Loopdan as red.

MDb/Munch; would appreciate a few more posts from either of them.

muh316; null right now

Thespio;
isn't talking about girls=scum
safely parks vote on inactive player rather than engaging with the more active players
On page 7 pvturist sticks out again, seems like the only content he's putting out is the occasional readslist and even those clash. The page + readslist seems more like an amalgamation of what other slots think is town or scum. For example loop and Skellen moving up to townreads with most of their posts being about their frustration with the game pace.

Enter replacing in looks like it's going to be good, getting into his case I have some thoughts on it when I pick this back up but I like his reads on the interactions with Loop and Thespio. Minor things I want to pick at though.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:26 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Bah *PvtUrist. This is why I kept saying "Urist" all the time, because I kept flipping those two letters around in my head.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”