Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:47 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 647, Enter wrote:The biggest reason (IMO) for everyone's fear of scumreading him is his constant AtE (, , , etc.) and that's a problem. None of those posts are a good reason to townread anyone. They dirty, nasty posts that have nothing behind them and they should be read like a slimy weasel begging for it's life. They belong nowhere near this game and the fact that an IC is posting things like that is borderline unacceptable.
Twas plenty of AtE in your own posting just a couple days ago ("Just lynch him, I'm tired"), so I don't know why you think this is "unacceptable" for someone else but not for you. Pot meet kettle?

Thanks for your list of reads based on his flip. That's quite informative.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Enter »

In post 649, Loopdan wrote:You claim that I only TR those who TR me and only SR people who SR me. This is objectively false and you have no excuse to not know this, as I've stated I'm TRing you. I'm also SRing Elements who is TRing me. I'm TRing Skellen who I think is SRing me.

And I have been posting my reads repeatedly. If they aren't crystal clear here is where I am right now:

Town:
Skellen
Magik
Enter
Munch

Town-lean:
Thespio

Scum:
Elements
Muh316
PvT
My bad, you've changed your reads in the last five pages of spam. Big surprise there.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Enter »

In post 650, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 647, Enter wrote:The biggest reason (IMO) for everyone's fear of scumreading him is his constant AtE (, , , etc.) and that's a problem. None of those posts are a good reason to townread anyone. They dirty, nasty posts that have nothing behind them and they should be read like a slimy weasel begging for it's life. They belong nowhere near this game and the fact that an IC is posting things like that is borderline unacceptable.
Twas plenty of AtE in your own posting just a couple days ago ("Just lynch him, I'm tired"), so I don't know why you think this is "unacceptable" for someone else but not for you. Pot meet kettle?

Thanks for your list of reads based on his flip. That's quite informative.
My AtE was surrounded and filled w/ content, not bare, exposed, "wow I'm town pls don't kill me you're screwed if you do"
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Enter »

You actually started calling me names and attacking me personally, you're surprised I responded on an emotional level? Maybe this is a double standard, but the way I see it:

Coming at someone for being scum doesn't permit "you're hurting my feelings"

Calling someone names and complaining about how emotionally exhausting this game is is an emotional argument and demands an emotional response.

You'll notice I responded to Thespio's excuse of "being angry" with a bit of emotion as well.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Enter »

Let me change my previous statement, though: prior to being called out you scumread the people scumreading you and townread the people townreading you, with the exception of Skellen (who you had already said was strong town and would have pinged hard if you'd swapped on them). You only changed your read on me after pushing me for lynch didn't work out in your favor. Your read changed on elements because it looked like you could get a lynch off on anyone but you.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 617, Thespio wrote:I think you might be playing WIFOM with yourself and I don’t think it’s healthy
Yes, I probably am and its frustrating. That's also a reason why I want to let this go for now...
In post 645, Enter wrote:1. He won't flip town.
Wow, I kind of admire how sure you are about yourself. Do you really have no doubt and deny all possibility that he could just be town?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Enter »

In post 655, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 617, Thespio wrote:I think you might be playing WIFOM with yourself and I don’t think it’s healthy
Yes, I probably am and its frustrating. That's also a reason why I want to let this go for now...
Wow, I kind of admire how sure you are about yourself. Do you really have no doubt and deny all possibility that he could just be town?
Read through his ISO and think to yourself: "Do I really want someone to be a townie if this is their contribution?"

Because I guarantee you my answer to that is a solid "No." Part of it is certainty, yes, but the other part is that I don't ever want to be a part of a game where someone can be this counter-productive with a WINCON that says they should be working with me. I get the feeling you haven't ISO'd him yourself, and I strongly encourage you to do so - and look at what he's actually saying/thinking, look for an actual town-motivated thought process. There is nothing there.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:41 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 656, Enter wrote:
In post 655, Munchmellow wrote:
Read through his ISO and think to yourself: "Do I really want someone to be a townie if this is their contribution?"

Because I guarantee you my answer to that is a solid "No." Part of it is certainty, yes, but the other part is that I don't ever want to be a part of a game where someone can be this counter-productive with a WINCON that says they should be working with me. I get the feeling you haven't ISO'd him yourself, and I strongly encourage you to do so - and look at what he's actually saying/thinking, look for an actual town-motivated thought process. There is nothing there.
If we dont lynch him are you going to rage quit, or are you pushing it so hard because you think he will kill you n1?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Enter »

Ha. It wouldn't surprise me if I died N1, no.

There is a chance that he doesn't lynch me because the farther we get into this game day, the less mentally capable I become and the more I look like a VI. (Village Idiot) (Ha, maybe I reached that point pages ago when he should have been lynched.)

I don't particularly mind when people think I'm VI. I was lynched d1 p much every day when I was introduced to mafia and then ignored as VI once they figured out I was town. It took quite a bit of growth on my end for people to start listening and then my games got better. I haven't played in 2 years though, so if I'm going crazy that's fine. I'll be better and not losing my mind next game.

If you don't lynch him regardless of the numerous reasons I've given for him being a far better lynch than anyone else in this game, I'll be very disappointed in you, I might be a little angry, but I'll survive.

====

and for all you who are like "he's admitting he's going crazy, why should we listen to his reads," it's cuz I'm ACTUALLY p good at reads most of the time, IIRC, I just have a hard time understanding why people can't see I'm right. (wow. srry)
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Enter »

Oh, and when my games got better I was killed N1 every game I wasn't lynched D1. Lasting a long time in a mafia game didn't happen til I got on site.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Enter »

They still treated me kinda VI tho, here. And I was still right. Mewbie 1477 - d1, You could be anyone - called out like half the scum team d1 (maybe more? I don't remember, and I don't want to look) - and those are just the games i remember. My point isn't that i'm a god and everyone should bow down to my scumhunting power, my point is that half the thread scumread him but it took pleading to get intent to hammer and two people unvoted, but one guy makes a kinda scuimmy sounding post and the whole world immediately stops what they're doing. look and think if you can see elements posting what he did as impatient town. Whatever. Alright I actually have to leave I'll see y'all later
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:24 am

Post by Enter »

One thing I want to leave you with is this:

Lynching town on day one is not uncommon. It should almost be expected that it will happen. So consider it this way, even if we do flip Loopdan and he happens to be town, we get a lot of reads out of it. Some people begin to look really scummy and others really towny. In addition, all day tomorrow, you won't have to beg and plead for reads from him with thoughts, because he won't be there. Even if elements is scum, making a scum slip and not town, he has been posting his thoughts. HIs thought processes can be followed. He works with town even when he's being scumread. He doesn't spam the thread with random comments, make off-the-cuff calls to PR as to what they should do, or cheer on whoever is townreading him. And we get barely any data from flipping him right now.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Loopdan »

Enter, every time you show up you derail the conversation away from actual useful interactions and just rehash everything you've already said. It's not helpful. Even if you assume I'm scum, why wouldn't you want to see me engaging with other players? Don't you want your scum suspect to keep talking so they or their partner will reveal something?

You keep calling me spammy. I hope the other players will check my ISO and make that determination themselves. I've generated quite a lot of content that should be useful to town, regardless of what you think of my alignment.

You keep saying I'm not posting reads. Then when I show you where I've posted reads or post updated reads you move the goalposts and say I'm scum for changing my reads.

You keep saying my reads are based on how others are reading me. When I show you how this isn't true, you move the goalposts again by looking for a possible scummy explanation for why my reads aren't based on how others are reading me.

At some point I hope you will recognize that you don't just get to change your arguments every time they are shown to be wrong.

I'm sure after I flip you will burden the players left in this game with pages of text complaining about how you've never seen a town player play so scummy and how I ruined the game. But this one's on you.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Loopdan »

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Enter »

In post 662, Loopdan wrote:Enter, every time you show up you derail the conversation away from actual useful interactions and just rehash everything you've already said. It's not helpful. Even if you assume I'm scum, why wouldn't you want to see me engaging with other players? Don't you want your scum suspect to keep talking so they or their partner will reveal something?

You keep calling me spammy. I hope the other players will check my ISO and make that determination themselves. I've generated quite a lot of content that should be useful to town, regardless of what you think of my alignment.

You keep saying I'm not posting reads. Then when I show you where I've posted reads or post updated reads you move the goalposts and say I'm scum for changing my reads.

You keep saying my reads are based on how others are reading me. When I show you how this isn't true, you move the goalposts again by looking for a possible scummy explanation for why my reads aren't based on how others are reading me.

At some point I hope you will recognize that you don't just get to change your arguments every time they are shown to be wrong.

I'm sure after I flip you will burden the players left in this game with pages of text complaining about how you've never seen a town player play so scummy and how I ruined the game. But this one's on you.
1. no i don't i say at least a couple new things almost every time, because you give me something new to say almost every time. you're obviously not readying what i'm saying
2. you're not engaging w/ other players other than to jump on any wagon you can, call people scum who call you scum until you find out everyone disagrees with you and calling people town who call you town (or people it would be weird to flip on)
3. you've generated no useful content to town whatsoever i encourage anyone to read your iso because there's nothing there that is helpful that wasn't already known
4. i'm asking for reads with an explanation, which you still haven't given once. you've given me a constantly changing list of names. you haven't shown me this isn't true at all, you just showed that i wasn't specific enough in what i meant
find some reads that are your own opinion
5. i haven't changed any of my arguments, just fixed them after you cherry picked the crap out of them. everything i've said about you i stand by. stop taking every chance you can to misrep me and put words in my mouth that weren't there to begin with. stop cherrypicking my arguments. stop sheeping magichorse. have your own damn opinion that isn't just OMGUS
6. you haven't ruined the game, just posted 10+ pages of spam. congrats. i'm not gonna complain after you flip. even if i'm wrong (which i'm not) the game will get leagues better once your constantly destructive posts end. once you flip town will actually not think i'm vi anymore because of the red writing on your name.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Enter »

If you think you're ruining the game, that's on you. I don't think you're ruining the game, I just think you're playing very poorly as scum, and unacceptably bad as town. If you flip town I'll be like "whelp, glad he's not part of the game anymore, game will get real easy now"
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Enter »

Forgive grammar phone posting
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:46 am

Post by MagikHorse »

I'm not even gonna bother interacting with Enter anymore, and I doubt that Loop should either given how much Enter's acting like a Lyncher here. It's not worth the time nor the distraction it causes. If Loop does flip town, which I still see a really good chance of, I'm gonna be incredibly livid with Enter regardless.

Even despite that, there's no reason why we can't pressure Elements while the timer runs down so we have as much information on their slot as possible before nightfall.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 667, MagikHorse wrote:there's no reason why we can't pressure Elements while the timer runs down so we have as much information on their slot as possible before nightfall.
I CANNOT AGREE MORE
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Elements »

In post 667, MagikHorse wrote:Even despite that, there's no reason why we can't pressure Elements while the timer runs down so we have as much information on their slot as possible before nightfall.
I'm currently on Thespio, then it's Enter, Loop and some other stuff at the end, i'll try and finish it before i sleep but no promises
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 669, Elements wrote:
In post 667, MagikHorse wrote:Even despite that, there's no reason why we can't pressure Elements while the timer runs down so we have as much information on their slot as possible before nightfall.
I'm currently on Thespio, then it's Enter, Loop and some other stuff at the end, i'll try and finish it before i sleep but no promises
Thanks m8 sorry about the time difference!
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 am

Post by MagikHorse »

I blame nobody for time differentials.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Elements »

In post 671, MagikHorse wrote:I blame nobody for time differentials.
I blame flat earthers
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 671, MagikHorse wrote:I blame nobody for time differentials.
I take credit, I made it obviously. I think were wasting time rn, we should be pushing more people, horse woh do you susp next?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:53 am

Post by Thespio »

who^

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”