DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

“Kmd, varsoon, and mbaki I consider cleared from the mass claim. It's possible that one of these could be a mafia goon however, I also townread them for other reasons which I've briefly touched on here. Creature is town.”

No not really. They just have less chance of flipping scum here. Tbh, that would more likely indicate ascetic-scum because then the hypothetical goon doesn’t have to make a move.

Creature: 2522: “Varsoon, Kmd or DDL scum”

Creature’s reads for reference. Townreads Oka.

“@Oka: Keep lying--I wanted to go last, with Creature right before me. You insisted otherwise. I still resent you for that.”

This is in fact true iirc. And I can see a reason to get mad over such an obvious false reason.

“I'm still trying to work out who the second scum is, however Creature does seem to have a point about a possible Oka/Varsoon team due to the amount of what appears to be flailing going on ITT.”

Again I just can’t scumread varsoon both from setup specs AND the inherent riskiness of the claim after Suka’s following claim

“if you want but you're the only confident town read I have and I have hashed everything out with the others already.”

“I'm not "giving up", but I have spent a LOT of effort on this game and these votes are a slap in the face.”

Say you are town. Is it worse at endgame and I show green and your effort has been worthless? PS its deeply concerning you dont have any other town-reads other than obv-claim town?

“I agree that there is one scum in the ascetic, and commuter claims. It is not the commuter.”

X-shot Commuter and UB doesn’t make sense. If you think creature is town, then you need to discount town-varsoon. read

I'll wait for DDL to post his catch up. After that, we can look at the better lynch between the two.

I’m likely not moving from mbaki. This is scum flail not town flail I think.

Do let me know if anyone wants me to highlight and explain any logic/thought process on mbaki's case. Not the ambiguous type like “tone has shifted” please.
“He town read me to let me loltunnel three town lynches (although really, I had nothing to do with the BEF lynch, he was l-1 before I read the thread). Once my bad reads were exhausted, he switched gears completely. I commented on his callout of 2008 being bad at the time, too.”

Yes – that’s absolutely a natural level of thought process. You are town until he pushed one too many scum.

“His suggestion that the mislynches are my fault is also ludicrous. He was a big advocate of lynching BEF, and didn't even defend Vork. Hell, probably one of his longest posts this game:”

I was wrong on BEF. That doesn’t make me scum.

“Since most of us are scumreading Oka, it makes sense to lynch there to relieve some pressure.”

No. Almost surely no.

“I will not be alive tomorrow, but I believe it would be in town's best interest to lynch in DDL, and mbaki, who are almost certainly SvT. Both of these players had strange connections with the flipped traitor RC; mbaki's implications were worse imo.”

Should solve this today almost surely. With one of our flip, the other one should be very likely confirmed, which would also help with the progression of the game.

“Varsoon clearly has no team. Creature is Creature. Kmd doesn't look to be setting up for anything. Oka, DDL, and mbaki, on the otherhand are all distancing, while soft pushing each other.”

I’m unconvinced about creature here still.

I’ll actually read Oka’s manifesto, but probably later today after a few drinks.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:07 am

Post by Moongrass »

@DDL: could you give a ranked list of your reads? It would also help to explain why your solve includes Oka, and yet you do not think that he is the optimal lynch?

I've reread a few parts of the game, and I can see a possible scum Creature. I can't shake the almost palpable desperation of Oka trying to rush through today though. (@Oka: I have read your cases...something something pie)

Can you talk about how you 180'd on your reads SOD?
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 am

Post by Moongrass »

@DDL:

Pro-tip: select, or highlight the part of a quote you want to respond to and hit the quote button.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oka, are you this tilted as town or are you really tunneling me this hard to set up an inevitable 1v1 in LYLO?
Just curious.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:31 am

Post by mbaki »

:)

You lost the right to my self hammer. If Kmd or Oka are town, they can come to the conclusion to mislynch me themselves.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:33 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 2776, DrDolittle wrote:Say you are town. Is it worse at endgame and I show green and your effort has been worthless? PS its deeply concerning you dont have any other town-reads other than obv-claim town?
If you are town, this game is done. Nice random shade?
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 2777, Moongrass wrote:I've reread a few parts of the game, and I can see a possible scum Creature.
It's almost like I said this already !!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2777, Moongrass wrote:I've reread a few parts of the game, and I can see a possible scum Creature.
???
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Creature »

Yeah, I think scum's plan is to just wait until town starts getting paranoid about each other.
Sigh
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:48 am

Post by mbaki »

Scum's plan is to mislynch me, sacrifice DDL, and then win because whether the last scum is Oka or not I think they're going to position themselves well enough off of DDL lynch for the dub.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:13 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Have none of my posts changed any minds?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Have you all read my 3 parts? Is it even worth making my other 2 parts?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

What's wrong with my posts? It's more than enough I think
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

You're either conf-biased town or scum willing to trade 1 for 1
I think most people are leaning the former because the latter would be a bit suicidal.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:27 am

Post by mbaki »

I don't care enough to make this a big thing but 2789 is dumb.

Oka, I have not read any yet, and since I'm going to be the lynch today and nobody cares what I'm posting anyways I doubt I'm going to.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:30 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Well wasn't that a great use of time then
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:32 am

Post by mbaki »

Neither was the month+ I spent on this game, but here we are.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

Whine whine whine
complain complain complain
Get over yourself and strive to be better.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:37 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Yeah ok I dont see varsoon getting lynched today.

Ill hammer mbaki later
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:42 am

Post by mbaki »

You strive to be better you hypocritical jackass. You're sheeping somebody who wasn't here for most of the game, on town. I am still not voting you, despite you being the other major wagon AND being cased hard AND you voting me AND you actively refusing to put any real effort into the game, because for better or worse I still think you're town. I did my job of sorting you, despite the huge lack of help on your end via a lack of produced content. You didn't play the game, and now when you're back all you're doing is throwing. Moongrass is pushing me as partners with Oka, which is ludicrous reading day 2. I would say he is singlehandedly losing the endgame for town (because again - before he joined, DDL was in all odds the lynch, both his strongest town read (Creature) and his own god damn slot were voting it), but that wouldn't make sense because you're choosing to sheep him. Not that you show any interest in questioning him, no, that would be crazy! Even though he is pushing all lynches away from your top scum read, Creature, which you barely pursued at all. In fact, I don't think you've asked him about his Creature read once since he's joined despite that being your top scum read? Christ, writing this post I almost feel like I'm casing you and I should vote you here, but (and maybe I'm dumb for thinking this) I still don't think you're scum and lynching a town!you over me here is a game losing move.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm workin' on it.
This game was a stinker for me because I shied away from pushing what I should've early thanks to role concerns. Guess I had more faith in the setup than myself.

Anyway, you wanna vote Creature?
VOTE: Creature
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:57 am

Post by mbaki »

Man, you don't get it. I don't want to vote Creature. You should be engaging with Moongrass about why he town reads Creature, because you think he's town, and hell even without you he just showed he's thinking about Creature scum. You think I'm scum, even if I vote Creature with you (which I don't want to) there will be no more votes following. Oka casing you and getting almost nowhere (Creature's vote) is the same thing that you're doing with Creature on a smaller scale. I appreciate you moving your vote, but I don't think you are getting my point :(
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:59 am

Post by mbaki »

In post 2794, OkaPoka wrote:Yeah ok I dont see varsoon getting lynched today.

Ill hammer mbaki later
And here you go Moongrass. Please don't address me again, you did your job of throwing the game, no more casing or bitching about my AtE is needed from you.
In post 2767, mbaki wrote:
In post 2765, Moongrass wrote:
In post 2763, mbaki wrote:The first is hilariously assumptive, and the second he does as scum too. A lot. His town and scum games are very similar. I don't really want to go down this rabbit hole because I don't really think he's scum, though.
Why do you feel the need to continue to discredit my reads for no purpose?

You are far too manipulative of the game state, and your tone shifts are ridiculous. We lose with you here, town or scum.

VOTE: mbaki
Because you are being way too assumptive and Kmd will confirm I'm right. How on Earth is that discrediting? You did the
exact same thing to your townread, Creature
, when he said Oka was posting too much to be scum. You said Kmd was taking stances too strong to be scum. You pointed out to Creature that Oka posts more as scum than as town, and I pointed out Kmd does the exact same shit in his scum game. The difference? Doesn't fit your arrogant confbiased attitude.

It wasn't "discrediting your reads", I fucking agreed with you that Kmd was town. You were wrong about something, and I pointed that out.
No response to this? Huh? Your reason for voting me is stupid and you have no defense past conf bias?
In post 2670, Moongrass wrote:I'm certainly not consuming any of the WIFOM mbaki is selling.
Hilarious. The classic newbie "everything I don't like is WIFOM" counter.
In post 2700, Moongrass wrote:
In post 2696, mbaki wrote:There is no way you can seriously think this counts as trying to have a discussion with me. The post isn't even directed at me, it refers to me indirectly, implying that it is talking about me rather than to me.
That is not an example of me trying to communicate with you. There are examples where you've chosen self-destruction over discussion.

This is an example of me trying to spark a discussion with the town.
So what is an example of you trying to communicate with me? Don't answer this, its rhetorical, because the only time you did was asking me to case DDL. I did that, you elected not to respond to my case, only after you missed huge posts in my iso that a ctrl + F 20 second search would find.
In post 2707, mbaki wrote:
In post 2201, mbaki wrote:I'm sitting at a DDL and Oka solve, and Kmd as scum over DDL or Varsoon / Suka as scum over Oka if it comes to that.
Oh and this is extra great, because I've had that "convenient for me to have" Oka / DDL solve since before you joined the god damn game.

But again, you would have known this if you read my posts.
Reminder I posted this before any point of this argument, and came to the same solving conclusion as you first. First person to call Oka scum here. First person to call out DDL. These are the slots in PoE, shocker?
In post 2201, mbaki wrote:I think one of the VT claims is scum (Kmd or DDL), and the other is a PR though they may have claimed their real PR.

Creature probably still town?

So in Varsoon, Suka, Oka.

There is normally 1-2 strong PRs in a game with a traitor, so this would imply Suka is town because really there are barely any PRs at all. Varsoon could possibly be a scum UB, but I think Oka is more likely.

Follower and Voyeur are both kinda weak, and then the UB to recover one of them plus a commuter. Hm.

I really think you guys need to claim modifiers for setup spec to work. Otherwise, though, I'm sitting at a DDL and Oka solve, and Kmd as scum over DDL or Varsoon / Suka as scum over Oka if it comes to that.
Same solve everybody has now, but I posted it first. Luck!??? It took me posting the seperate solve brackets multiple times before people got on board.

Nope, I have not had a good game, but I'm sure as hell not as bad as you. You didn't even respond to my DDL posting, still haven't. Neither has he! AtE is your "trigger" because again, that's a common newbie trigger, you're lying about being experienced and I don't know why.

After Oka hammers me, take a long, hard think about why I flipped town here. If you use this as a learning opportunity for why you suck and how to be better, I won't hold any grudge. If you go into post game blaming me for your own stupid mistakes (this is at Varsoon and Moongrass now), then screw you and I'll enjoy avoiding you from now on.

To reiterate one important thing again:
you are pushing myself and Oka as a team. Myself and Oka, after day 2.
Never mind Moongrass completely ignoring all discussion we had day 2, and his predecessor, and his top town read, to push his own stupid shit. And he complains about people not following dead's reads (a legitimate issue... you know what a good time to follow dead people's reads is? Every dead townie except Vorkuta, including both night kills, town read me. I think literally all of them scum read DDL).
In post 2714, Moongrass wrote:I know that towns do not listen to reads from the dead, but you should listen now.
Like, tell me this is not the most hypocritical shit ever.
You
should listen to Dan, and Nero, and even Fish who I beefed with for most of the game and he
still
showed more reevaluation than you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah. Moongrass thinks Creature is town based on rolespec, iirc.
Not all that concerned.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”