Ruby Red (L-4)
: Malakitty, Something_Smart
Malakitty (L-4)
: Auro, Nako
Something_Smart (L-5)
: Ruby Red
Lamees (L-5)
: Succinct
In post 2069, Ruby Red wrote:i need links if you're going to convince me of anything, doesn't need to be a case but i need you to literally direct me specifically to what you're talking about
On my mobile RN, proper links and cases I'll do it the evening when I get on my computer, few hours from now.

Lamees also I've been sorta townleaning on, one reason being her "IDC I'll lynch anyone" attitude, I'm disliking that she's not even trying to gamesolve.

But yeah, as you said I'm prolly projecting my own idea of good scumplay and townreading people for it so I'll have to re-evaluate there. I've played multiple games with town!Lam and never with scum!Lam, I feel the reasons people were scumreading her are kinda empty TBH.

Given her Angel claim, if she's in your PoE wouldn't she be a better lynch, since if she's town we get the equivalent of a cop check (framer can't operate in Twilight), there's a chance of a false positive on an immortal but I think on a whole it should be useful. Thoughts?
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1370, Something_Smart wrote:It hasn't changed that much, here is my most recent scumgame. I replaced in late but it's still pretty representative of how I play.
I think Lamees is town, irrespective of the fact that scum know town's roles, angel is a bad fakeclaim and I thought the way she played around the claim was genuine.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 2075, Auro wrote:Given her Angel claim, if she's in your PoE wouldn't she be a better lynch, since if she's town we get the equivalent of a cop check (framer can't operate in Twilight), there's a chance of a false positive on an immortal but I think on a whole it should be useful. Thoughts?
i know like nothing about the setup and the current claims but it seems like she's like a vengeful or something so kinda sounds good ig?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2060, Auro wrote:@Egix: Nako and SS both have been "coasting" without any rigid stances. If they're scum, it's reasonable to assume they'd coast along some particular agenda in this gamestate, as opposed to placing votes haphazardly. Many of Nako's votes have been vanity -- like her votes on Creature and You -- which makes me believe she's town, and currently ML bait.

If you think Nako's scum, who do you think her buddies are?
You maybe? Smart maybe? I say that because you both have been against lynching her.
I will say though that she's likely not scum with Mala, since I still remember when she moved her vote off me and onto Mala.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2077, Ruby Red wrote:
In post 2075, Auro wrote:Given her Angel claim, if she's in your PoE wouldn't she be a better lynch, since if she's town we get the equivalent of a cop check (framer can't operate in Twilight), there's a chance of a false positive on an immortal but I think on a whole it should be useful. Thoughts?
i know like nothing about the setup and the current claims but it seems like she's like a vengeful or something so kinda sounds good ig?
Basically yes, but there's a bit more to it than that:
- The Angel can target someone at night in case they get NKed
- Angel shot does not affect townies unless they get "possessed by a Ghost" i.e. framed. Framing only applies if the Angel dies in the night though.
- Angel shot does not affect Immortal either (Godfather equivalent)
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Egix96 »

Oh and to clarify, it's the target that has to be framed, not the Angel.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:03 pm

Post by rb »

can somebody please tell me why mala is scum other than "inactivity"

because 60% of this game is inactive and of all of them she's doing the most actual solving
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 2076, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1370, Something_Smart wrote:It hasn't changed that much, here is my most recent scumgame. I replaced in late but it's still pretty representative of how I play.
I think Lamees is town, irrespective of the fact that scum know town's roles, angel is a bad fakeclaim and I thought the way she played around the claim was genuine.
I have a confession, on night 1 elected to venge kill you were I night killed. Egix night 2. It sucks because now that I read day 3 you and egix actually had the most faith in me as town. Fortunately I wasn't night killed on those 2 nights.
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Succinct »

In post 2076, Something_Smart wrote:angel is a bad fakeclaim
Backwards; it's the best. 2 Priests? Stretch. 2 Witch Hunters? Stretch. Sorceress? Lack of second NK condemns. Doctor? Requires not targeting the NK, raising questions as to why they didn't protect the obv-NK. Only claims remotely close to Angel's viability are Sorceress+Trickster, both 1-point roles necessitating the presence of a nonexistent Witch (only 1-point scum role). Angel allows for scum's 2-point role to flip and fit with fakeclaim.
In post 2047, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2037, Succinct wrote:For a start, .
Tell me more.
Wanting to know why someone you're voting's not townreading you's overly defensive.
In post 2060, Auro wrote:@Egix: Nako and SS both have been "coasting" without any rigid stances. If they're scum, it's reasonable to assume they'd coast along some particular agenda in this gamestate, as opposed to placing votes haphazardly. Many of Nako's votes have been vanity -- like her votes on Creature and You -- which makes me believe she's town, and currently ML bait.
You give why Nako's town here; I'm disinclined to disagree. However, this defense's specific to Nako.

You note the scum trend you'd expect for Something_Smart and offer no reason why it's absent.

Why's Something_Smart not a focal point for you?
In post 2064, Auro wrote:Who'd be SS' partners here if he flips red?
In post 2075, Auro wrote:Lamees also I've been sorta townleaning on, one reason being her "IDC I'll lynch anyone" attitude, I'm disliking that she's not even trying to gamesolve.

Given her Angel claim, if she's in your PoE wouldn't she be a better lynch, since if she's town we get the equivalent of a cop check (framer can't operate in Twilight), there's a chance of a false positive on an immortal but I think on a whole it should be useful. Thoughts?
See my vote.
In post 2078, Egix96 wrote:You maybe? Smart maybe? I say that because you both have been against lynching her.
See my .
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:29 pm

Post by rb »

PSA: 24 hours until we lynch someone
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:29 pm

Post by rb »

we kind of need to be consolidated on a wagon(s) asap rather than letting this drag on
Malakitty
Malakitty
Goon
Malakitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Post by Malakitty »

Alive

And I REFUSE TO HAVE ANOTHER NL
Malakitty
Malakitty
Goon
Malakitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by Malakitty »

VOTE: Nako

L1 btw
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2083, Succinct wrote:You give why Nako's town here; I'm disinclined to disagree. However, this defense's specific to Nako.

You note the scum trend you'd expect for Something_Smart and offer no reason why it's absent.

Why's Something_Smart not a focal point for you?
He's coasting but the same defense doesn't apply to him, he hasn't started vanity wagons at inopportune times. I'm actually down to lynch him over Nako cos I trust Red's read; if we can't get a wagon there I'll hammer Nako before deadline though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:10 am

In post 1388, Creature wrote:I'm definitely not townreading Nako off her predecessor. I've seen her doing three soulreads and I was like "nah, scum wouldn't pull three townreads and use soulread as reason".

I hate her lurking afterwards, but plenty of players are lurking nowadays so I gotta sort through them.
In post 1425, Creature wrote:
rb (L-3)
: Thor665, Something_Smart, Lamees
Thor665 (L-4)
: Creature, rb
Lamees (L-5)
: DarkLightA
DarkLightA (L-5)
: Egix96
Malakitty (L-5)
: Auro
Nako, Leodanny, Malakitty
In post 1424, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1365, Creature wrote:Nako is the other town
but_why.gif
The soulreads
Stop voting Nako.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 am

VOTE: Mala
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Lamees »

Nako's getting lynched, there's nothing we can do about it. You probably know this. If nako flips town I guess that gives you plenty of town points.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 am

We have 16 hours. It's definitely possible to wagon Mala.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2089, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1388, Creature wrote:I'm definitely not townreading Nako off her predecessor. I've seen her doing three soulreads and I was like "nah, scum wouldn't pull three townreads and use soulread as reason".

I hate her lurking afterwards, but plenty of players are lurking nowadays so I gotta sort through them.
In post 1425, Creature wrote:
rb (L-3)
: Thor665, Something_Smart, Lamees
Thor665 (L-4)
: Creature, rb
Lamees (L-5)
: DarkLightA
DarkLightA (L-5)
: Egix96
Malakitty (L-5)
: Auro
Nako, Leodanny, Malakitty
In post 1424, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1365, Creature wrote:Nako is the other town
but_why.gif
The soulreads
Stop voting Nako.
That doesn't prove that she's town though. Creature could have been wrong, and I personally don't think it's difficult for scum to say "I soulread X, Y, and Z town" because they could easily include one or more of their own buddies in there.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 am

Post by Egix96 »

You know what? Sod it. Let's give this a go.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Malakitty
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:55 am

Yeah but why would she kill Creature then?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Lamees »

This is just screaming for a no lynch.

VOTE: malakitty
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Succinct »

In post 2086, Malakitty wrote:And I REFUSE TO HAVE ANOTHER NL
Second NL puts us onto odds; it's not the end of the world.
In post 2088, Auro wrote:I'm actually down to lynch him over Nako cos I trust Red's read
Calling your bluff.
VOTE: Something_Smart
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2095, Something_Smart wrote:Yeah but why would she kill Creature then?
OHHH so is that the point you were trying to make?

In that case, how should I know? Scum can kill anyone who's not one of them, for whatever reason.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:42 am

Post by Auro »

Willing to lynch Mala more than SS, though, if it wasn't clear.

Return to “Completed Open Games”