Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Loopdan »

On this pagetop...

I bid you adieu.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Nobody seems to have anything left, so at this point just hammer away whoever is available.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Magik, why didn't you push for a Muh lynch at EoD after Elements claimed?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 952, Loopdan wrote:Magik, why didn't you push for a Muh lynch at EoD after Elements claimed?
Do you think it would be wise to risk a no lynch?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Muh, since you are here... what do you make of Element's claim? Like how likely do you think it is that it's legit vs. a fakeclaim?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Loopdan wrote:Magik, why didn't you push for a Muh lynch at EoD after Elements claimed?
Mostly an overall lack of time in two different ways. Today's been pretty busy for me despite (and partially because of) the snow, preventing me from having enough time to dedicate to creating and supporting such a push on my own, not to mention an incredibly high chance of failure trying to redirect a lynch in the final day. Last time I tried to do something like that it failed terribly (on a claimed Hated role that was contributing nothing to the Town, with only one other chance to off him before MYLO/LYLO), resulting in a nolynch that we don't need and can't really afford right now in a game with such a screwed up and messy day.

Support was also a problem, which I acknowledged earlier in . Elements could possibly have happened since there were 4 people there and a 5th that was willing to hammer before the claim that made them less likely, but nobody was willing to throw a vote out in Muh's direction barring me, you, and Thespio. I probably should've called out their post though, which is a bit too overeager to see you flip even if Muh thinks you'll flip scum, but I don't think that one post alone is going to change the whole town's attitudes just like that.

So, tl;dr I had no time today to make a push I knew there wasn't enough support for, and the endeavor was just altogether too risky. Also then I'd have to deal with Enter yelling my ears off and getting in the way like he did in post (a hindrance to the pressure on the Elements slot because he's way too resistant to the possibility of the lynch being anyone but you), and I've quite frankly had
enough
of that for today as well. I'm sure you feel the same as me in that regard.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

MagikHorse wrote:Support was also a problem, which I acknowledged earlier in .
EBWOP
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 954, Loopdan wrote:Muh, since you are here... what do you make of Element's claim? Like how likely do you think it is that it's legit vs. a fakeclaim?
I'm not 100% convinced of the claim but it would be foolish to risk lynching a PR D1. We just have to see how it goes down D2. Also, couple hours left before the deadline guys. Please hammer whoever is in charge of it.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by Skellen »

Bye bye Loop.

VOTE: Loopdan

Now we wait until our aerial mod flies in.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Me dead.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 am

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 1.18 - FINAL

Loopdan
(5) -
Enter
muh316
Skellen
Thespio
Thespio
Elements
MagikHorse
Skellen

Elements (2) -
Thespio
MagikHorse
Thespio
MagikHorse
Loopdan
Munchmellow

Thespio (1) -
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Elements

Skellen (0) -
Munchmellow

RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
(0) -
Elements
Skellen
Loopdan
Thespio

Munchmellow (0) -
Elements
Loopdan

MagikHorse (0) -
Thespio
Loopdan

Enter (0) -
Loopdan

muh316 (0) -
muh316
Loopdan
Loopdan
Loopdan
MagikHorse

UNVOTE/Not Voting (1) -
Skellen
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Elements
MagikHorse
Enter
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
muh316
Thespio
Loopdan
Skellen
Thespio
Munchmellow
MagikHorse
Munchmellow

Vote Record - Day 1

Loopdan
-
Munchmellow
muh316
MagikHorse
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
muh316
Enter
UNVOTE/Not Voting
muh316
Elements

Elements
-
Munchmellow
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Thespio
Loopdan

Thespio
-
Elements
MagikHorse
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Loopdan
UNVOTE/Not Voting
Loopdan
UNVOTE/Not Voting
Elements

Skellen
-
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Loopdan
UNVOTE/Not Voting
Loopdan

RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
-
Thespio

Munchmellow
-
Skellen
Thespio
UNVOTE/Not Voting
Elements
UNVOTE/Not Voting

MagikHorse
-
Elements
muh316
Elements
UNVOTE/Not Voting
Loopdan

Enter
-
Loopdan

muh316
-
muh316
UNVOTE/Not Voting
Loopdan

A lynch has been achieved!

Loopdan was...
Vanilla Town
!

Night 1 ends in (expired on 2019-01-23 05:00:00).

Mod Notes

Please submit any night actions via PM or in any relevant PTs by the deadline. Multiple submissions are accepted; only the final one before deadline is processed.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:17 am

Post by Nauci »

A player was killed in the night!

Elements
was a...
Town Jailkeeper

--

Day 2 has begun!

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch or not lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2019-01-30 07:00:00).

Vote Count 2.0

Skellen (0) -

RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
(0) -

Munchmellow (0) -

MagikHorse (0) -

Enter (0) -

muh316 (0) -

Thespio (0) -
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 am

Post by MagikHorse »

That kill was nothing to write home about, but the flip means we're gonna have to be careful around any other PR claims, since there's a distinct possibility that a Tracker or Doctor claim might not necessarily be legitimate if we're in column C.

Regardless Muh doesn't look good here supporting Loop's lynch so wholeheartedly and eagerly with so little to add to it.

VOTE: Muh
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Thespio »

@magic, I think we need to break down the whole wagon, I do believe it may be muh so i have no objection to applying pressure here, I still think Enter is town. The NK is basically nothing, so lets look at the day kill. Im rereading loops interactions with others.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 am

Post by MagikHorse »

That's a good place to start. I'm just at work and can't really do so from here, so Muh will have to do until I get off.

Meanwhile Enter has a whole lot of thinking to do, since that town flip breaks everything he once thought to be truth.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Enter »

Fingers crossed we can go w/o pushing a power role to L-1 today, but we'll see.

VOTE: RCEnigma
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Yeah maybe we don't let Enter lead the Lynch today.

VOTE: MunchMellow

Munch is confirmed scum now that elements and Loop have both flipped town, I'll go back over why on one of my breaks when I've got a bit of time.

I'm actually really surprised no one else is questioning their read on Enter after those flips. I'm not sure what that means yet but I'll think on it a bit more.

It could be slots hoping to avoid confrontation which is NAI for everyone else and slightly +town for Enter but I'm not sure. Remind me to gather my thoughts on Enter avoidance after my munch case.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Enter »

In post 966, RCEnigma wrote:Yeah maybe we don't let Enter lead the Lynch today.

Munch is confirmed scum now that elements and Loop have both flipped town, I'll go back over why on one of my breaks when I've got a bit of time.

I'm actually really surprised no one else is questioning their read on Enter after those flips. I'm not sure what that means yet but I'll think on it a bit more.

It could be slots hoping to avoid confrontation which is NAI for everyone else and slightly +town for Enter but I'm not sure. Remind me to gather my thoughts on Enter avoidance after my munch case.
PoE != confscum
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:32 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 966, RCEnigma wrote:I'm actually really surprised no one else is questioning their read on Enter after those flips. I'm not sure what that means yet but I'll think on it a bit more.
And you think Enter as scum would take command over the entire day with a deathtunnel that was doing nothing but dragging all the attention of every other player to focus down on exactly himself and Loopdan for a single mislynch? This is the riskiest play I can imagine for scum to attempt, especially so early into Day 1 when it all began. He's lost a whole bunch of credibility for sure, and I'm definitely gonna filter every single word he says to see if it makes any sense whatsoever, but being severely off-base doesn't make him scum, and neither does being incredibly irritating to work with to the point where nobody wants to mess with you in fear of being yelled at.

What he said in his last post is true though. PoE only confirms things if it's mechanically impossible for it to be anything else (e.g. through power roles confirming townies, or sometimes hammer testing). Otherwise it's all too possible that scum has slipped into your townreads and your PoE is wrong, which is always a possibility. I don't like that you're acting like it's 100% confirmed fact here.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:33 am

Post by MagikHorse »

I do want to see your case on him though. That'd be exciting, especially if it's not just PoE.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Also, why not mention Muh as "confscum"? Your PoE pool contains him too, not just Munch.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Not necessarily PoE, to quote FlavorLeaf... It's wagonomics. I'm not super sold on a world with Scum!Enter but it's something I'm keeping in mind. I recall reading Enter isn't new so with that in mind Newbie queue is one of the queues to go wild with different playstyles or strats so I can't throw out the idea of Scum!Enter completely.

I suspect Muh but based on the wagons and votes it confirms munch to me but not necessarily Muh. I'd have to go back through with associations in mind but I don't know off the top of my head who munch is with.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 967, Enter wrote:
In post 966, RCEnigma wrote:Yeah maybe we don't let Enter lead the Lynch today.

PoE != confscum
Gonna let you know we ARENT going to have you tunnel one guy, not a lot from rce so I’m fine with this but your wagon on Loopdan cannot repeat because you get stubborn on your first read. Just an fyi, can you post an updated list of reads now that loop flipped green?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 972, Thespio wrote:Gonna let you know we ARENT going to have you tunnel one guy, not a lot from rce so I’m fine with this but your wagon on Loopdan cannot repeat because you get stubborn on your first read. Just an fyi, can you post an updated list of reads now that loop flipped green?
You and Magik are funny like this, acting like you have any control whatsoever about how I proceed with the gameday or like I have any intention of going through another loopdan situation again. Not to be an ass, but I don't care if I have your approval for anything I do. I'd really like to see more involvement from you, too. Pretty much anything past surface level reads and bad implementation of game theory/ generally too scummy to be scum behavior.

Loopdan should have been lynched on page 12, but we let him live, he continued to scum up the game thread and now we have 15+ pages of borderline spam and a dead PR. Acting like what happened with dan is bound to happen again / complaining about my behavior yesterday isn't a good direction to head in for day start.

Anyways, enough of that. Yeah I can get a reads list together, and also that's not how you use "fyi."
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Enter »

I didn't mean that at magik, really. Just confused by his comment is all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”