mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 124, redtea wrote:Is it "fashionably late" if both the term and trueness of it is at least a decade and a half out of style?
As far as bailing on wagons goes, well one person doing so is fine, as L-1 is pretty dangerous. But at a safer L-2, why did you unvote, Varsoon? Could have let some of that pressure linger a bit.
@mcqueen, are you usually sparse with your votes? I'm not exactly trigger happy myself but RVS is RVS, and if you have a halfway decent reason to vote anyway, why not? Are you unsure of something?
also, with so many people in the neighborhood, there is almost definitely at least one scum (or possible other faction), unless the mod just wanted to mess with us.
I mean I tend to vote as necessary. I made an RVS vote. I just chose to be sparse because, to reiterate, it was clear who I was pressuring. Is the point of a vote, if not to lynch, to apply pressure? If that’s already there, is a vote obligatory?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by implosion »

I might just be projecting the way I think about reads on mcqueen thinking about it more.

I'm not sure if skitter feels as town as she's supposed to yet? I thought I might have not been able to read her early but I townread her in my second post last game. I think I understand most of where her sentiments are coming from.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 108, Papa Zito wrote:Ya'll bailed on the Enter wagon way too fast.

Kids these days I swear.
Why are you using ya'll to refer to me alone
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by implosion »

I want to call BEF, Chara, Enter, and actually maybe mcqueen town.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 126, implosion wrote:I might just be projecting the way I think about reads on mcqueen thinking about it more.

I'm not sure if skitter feels as town as she's supposed to yet? I thought I might have not been able to read her early but I townread her in my second post last game. I think I understand most of where her sentiments are coming from.
i’m not sure I understand the first sentence. it’s the way it’s worded. Can you rephrase, please?
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 125, mcqueen wrote: I mean I tend to vote as necessary. I made an RVS vote. I just chose to be sparse because, to reiterate, it was clear who I was pressuring. Is the point of a vote, if not to lynch, to apply pressure? If that’s already there, is a vote obligatory?
Not necessarily, but it's common to do so just for that extra nudge. I can respect a cautious playstyle though.
In post 128, implosion wrote:I want to call BEF, Chara, Enter, and actually maybe mcqueen town.
This is a very neutral read list, boring as bread. You think this is just some town spat then, maybe with a poke from scum? Do you have any fingers to point?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by Enter »

Skitter feels weird. I don't like it.
In post 130, redtea wrote:
In post 125, mcqueen wrote: I mean I tend to vote as necessary. I made an RVS vote. I just chose to be sparse because, to reiterate, it was clear who I was pressuring. Is the point of a vote, if not to lynch, to apply pressure? If that’s already there, is a vote obligatory?
Not necessarily, but it's common to do so just for that extra nudge. I can respect a cautious playstyle though.
In post 128, implosion wrote:I want to call BEF, Chara, Enter, and actually maybe mcqueen town.
This is a very neutral read list, boring as bread. You think this is just some town spat then, maybe with a poke from scum? Do you have any fingers to point?
Reading this post sent me through a rollercoaster of emotions.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm

Post by implosion »

mcqueen wrote:i’m not sure I understand the first sentence. it’s the way it’s worded. Can you rephrase, please?
Essentially I don't believe that a bare answer like the one persivul gave means anything and I think it's somewhat prima facie scummy to ascribe meaning to it. But there are people that will do that as town even if I think it's incorrect.
redtea wrote:This is a very neutral read list, boring as bread. You think this is just some town spat then, maybe with a poke from scum? Do you have any fingers to point?
Why yes, in fact, I have a vote down!

You?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 pm

Post by implosion »

Also in what way is that reads list "neutral"? In what way is calling 1/3 of the player list town "neutral"?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 103, implosion wrote:I don't think Enter's reactions to any of the votes have been particularly scummy. I think he's a bit above baseline town at this point. Like, this:
yeah his posts i kinda dislike but i'm not sure in like a *scummy* kinda way

==
In post 109, Almost50 wrote:
In post 101, skitter30 wrote:i think i've indicated what i don't like about him? do you agree/disagree/other?
To my recollection you said you hated each and every single post of his, which is a notion I certainly do NOT share. I thus would appreciate it if you included 2-3 quotes and specified what exactly you hated about them.
i mean, in addition to saying i hated *all* of his posts, i did in fact already pull a selection of quotes and specify what exactly i disliked about them

(specifically the bit i don't like is his bef push, which i spoke about at length already)

==
In post 111, Chara wrote:skitter: i'd love to hear about those pings! but i'm not especially good at reading Almost. i'm hovering around being paranoid of town Almost and too trusting of scum him, so giving him breathing room is my current tactic.
ah ok, for some reason i had the impression that you were quite good at reading him, idk where i got that from
i'm going to continue poking at him a bit, but his interaction with the enter wagon is kinda pinging me; specifically how he's asking persivul about why he's voted enter

kinda hard to put in words exactly but if enter is town it felt a little like encouraging persivul's vote on the wagon? not sure how well i can explain where i'm getting this vibe from; it's kinda gut and i'm bad at articulating this sort of thing

==

In post 112, Enter wrote:You should vote me now that I'm back at L-2. It will be fun, I promise.
i kinda feel like you're baiting me to vote you, and i'm not sure why you're doing that
i also think on balance scum are kinda less likely to do this tho?

==
In post 114, Varsoon wrote:I still don't understand why Enter's wagon flew up to L-2 so fast, but Enter seeming to have hard dodged that made me want to put real pressure there. I trusted we wouldn't have a Boonskies situation and see a quickhammer.
do you have a read on enter?
also just trusting a quickhammer not to happen is a little bit, well, too trusting, unless you know the pl really well and know that nobody will actually do that on purpose (and sometimes these things happen by mistake too)

==
In post 121, mcqueen wrote:y’all think there is scum in the neighborhood? is that usually the case? sorry, like I said i’ve never been in one and I’m not sure I’ve been in a game that had one at all.
eh maybe sure idk
(basically: could be, really no way to know rn)

==
In post 126, implosion wrote:I'm not sure if skitter feels as town as she's supposed to yet? I thought I might have not been able to read her early but I townread her in my second post last game. I think I understand most of where her sentiments are coming from.
i'm not always hilariously obvtown page2 lol
it'll happen, but sometimes just a little later in the game (i guess start worrying if i'm not by like ~sod2)

also which game are you referring to?
also why are you townreading chara?

==
In post 130, redtea wrote:This is a very neutral read list, boring as bread.
You think this is just some town spat then, maybe with a poke from scum?
Do you have any fingers to point?

uh he's like the first person to give townreads on any of {bef/chara/enter}, how is this 'neutral' or 'boring'?
(especially since the enter read is fairly controversial given the l1 wagon we just had on him)
also what does this bolded mean?

==
In post 131, Enter wrote:Skitter feels weird. I don't like it.
do tell
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Enter »

No. Vote me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

not till you tell me why you're baiting me to do so
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by Enter »

It's a secret. I'll tell you later.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

cool
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

really tho i get wary of people trying to convince me to vote them for little discernible reason
Show
Hiatus once more.

redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 132, implosion wrote:
mcqueen wrote:i’m not sure I understand the first sentence. it’s the way it’s worded. Can you rephrase, please?
Essentially I don't believe that a bare answer like the one persivul gave means anything and I think it's somewhat prima facie scummy to ascribe meaning to it. But there are people that will do that as town even if I think it's incorrect.
redtea wrote:This is a very neutral read list, boring as bread. You think this is just some town spat then, maybe with a poke from scum? Do you have any fingers to point?
Why yes, in fact, I have a vote down!

You?
Oh, you're right. Funny, I was just thinking, if those are your town reads, you'd probably find Varsoon suspicious. But I don't know whether to accredit that thought to me or the fact I must've just skimmed your vote earlier.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have just missed RVS, and so will need a bit of time to think about voting.
I kind of agree with your thought on Persivul, not that it was a little scummy, but on not wanting to give credit for a purely informational answer. Some people just talk down to earth, a trait which can make someone easy to trust, and so doesn't mean much in mafia unless it's some giveaway.
In post 133, implosion wrote:Also in what way is that reads list "neutral"? In what way is calling 1/3 of the player list town "neutral"?
In post 134, skitter30 wrote:
In post 130, redtea wrote:This is a very neutral read list, boring as bread.
You think this is just some town spat then, maybe with a poke from scum?
Do you have any fingers to point?

uh he's like the first person to give townreads on any of {bef/chara/enter}, how is this 'neutral' or 'boring'?
(especially since the enter read is fairly controversial given the l1 wagon we just had on him)
also what does this bolded mean?
"(especially since the enter read is fairly controversial)"
that's exactly why it's neutral. Pardon the comparison, but it's like implosion (town-)voted the republican, democrat, and third party. It almost says nothing. Unless he was thinking something else, having to do with Varsoon. If that's what he's looking at, it's more understandable.
Huh, what did I mean?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 110, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 70, Persivul wrote:A50 hasn't claimed yet, so he's probably 3P.
A50 hasn't claimed but he has most likely crumbed his role in such a way that none of our feeble minds can see it right now.
That's
V
ery
T
rue. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 141, Almost50 wrote:
A50 hasn't claimed but he has most likely crumbed his role in such a way that none of our feeble minds can see it right now.
That's
V
ery
T
I’m actually an ascetic bulletproof lynchproof survivor.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 142, mcqueen wrote:
In post 141, Almost50 wrote:
That's
V
ery
T
I’m actually an ascetic bulletproof lynchproof survivor.
I never made that role lynchproof. He was Ascetic with 2-shot BP non-weak Hider Survivour. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by mcqueen »

you lost me at non-weak Hider :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 140, redtea wrote:that's exactly why it's neutral. Pardon the comparison, but it's like implosion (town-)voted the republican, democrat, and third party. It almost says nothing. Unless he was thinking something else, having to do with Varsoon. If that's what he's looking at, it's more understandable.
i don't understand what you're trying to say here
Show
Hiatus once more.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by implosion »

skitter wrote:also which game are you referring to?
also why are you townreading chara?
Diffusion of power.
I liked the questions it was asking/general method of interacting with the game. The read is not especially strong.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 96, Almost50 wrote: OK, so your voting him because he's NOT a newbie? In other words, you would have given him some slack had he been a newbie, but you're not accepting his play as an experienced player?
The experience came up after the vote, as already explained in . My vote's on him at this point mostly because I just haven't changed it yet.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Post by Chara »

Persivul needs to be lynched for calling Zito Papa.

Enter should do something besides try to accrue votes because i'm townreading his entire behaviour, but i also don't find it useful at all to actually catching scum. if we're talking about fostering meaningful discussion, having a single wagon is about as boring as it will get.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 148, Chara wrote:Persivul needs to be lynched for calling Zito Papa.

Enter should do something besides try to accrue votes because i'm townreading his entire behaviour, but i also don't find it useful at all to actually catching scum. if we're talking about fostering meaningful discussion, having a single wagon is about as boring as it will get.
why are you townreading Enter’s behavior?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”