Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1119, the worst wrote:@GL ILY man and you're an awesome influence on this game
one day you're going to totally finesse me as scum and I'll have ptsd from it and I can't wait for that day
:D I wanna be town with you again, I have so much more fun being town

I originally wanted this game to be the game where I really finesse you but alas the holidays and my spirit to play as scum and lie all the time was not there. i need to learn where to draw the passion to play a dominating scumgame like some of my best town games. I just always feel so tired/scared/drained checking the thread, whereas when I'm town it's fun
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 am

Post by brassherald »

Duck, was this our first game where both of us were town that I actually finished?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1122, the worst wrote:AND FINALLY

Thank you for modding NSG!!
♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ ♪
:]

thanks everyone for making my first modded newbie game an interesting one! there were a few issues (replacements is the main one that comes to mind), but apart from that i'm glad i got to see a display of a town doing their best against some pretty impressive scum play!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:08 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1125, GuiltyLion wrote:I just always feel so tired/scared/drained checking the thread, whereas when I'm town it's fun
This is exactly what I was looking for in our real time chat. :lol: I was like "OK gl but where is the tiger within?!"
brassherald wrote:Duck, was this our first game where both of us were town that I actually finished?
my god
I actually can't think of any others offhand
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1128, the worst wrote:
brassherald wrote:Duck, was this our first game where both of us were town that I actually finished?
my god
I actually can't think of any others offhand
We have had outstanding luck on that front. Though, it makes coming in extremely nerve wracking when I see you since you know my town game so well.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am

Post by JunkoChan »

here I am
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:17 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1125, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1119, the worst wrote:@GL ILY man and you're an awesome influence on this game
one day you're going to totally finesse me as scum and I'll have ptsd from it and I can't wait for that day
:D I wanna be town with you again, I have so much more fun being town

I originally wanted this game to be the game where I really finesse you but alas the holidays and my spirit to play as scum and lie all the time was not there. i need to learn where to draw the passion to play a dominating scumgame like some of my best town games. I just always feel so tired/scared/drained checking the thread, whereas when I'm town it's fun
I will say something I just mentioned to the worst on Discord, I have been mislynched as town in game twice, to my recollection.

Both were newbie games with you as scum.

I really do feel like you are one of the only people I've come across who seems to have a natural ability to sell town me as scum. And both times I played right into it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:18 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1130, JunkoChan wrote:here I am
there you are!
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:28 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

@Duck of Death: Would you have been more assertive had you not been IC? I felt you were pulling your punches at times, asking questions more than aggressively pushing reads. Maybe it's just a playstyle thing, or you felt an obligation to be instructive? Anyway I did enjoy engaging with you and hope to play with all of y'all again.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am

Post by the worst »

Yeah, it was an intentional ploy here. I did a quick check pregame and realised a lot of you all were new, and decided to lower my usual postcount/assertion level on that basis.

I'd be interested to see if anyone had any feedback on this. (I've annoyed a couple of people about this... :shifty:)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am

Post by the worst »

I'd be keen to play with you again as well, GW.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am

Post by JunkoChan »

@Junk You were tbh mafia MVP you planted a seed of discord the moment you joined the game, I recommend you to be a little bit more polite next time you join a game, cuz I'm 99% sure that you would have died a lot faster this game if you weren't doctor, you made me laugh a few times irl so props for that

@computerfan0 next time don't fear being judged, mafia is a game where nerves are everything, talk, be wrong, be right and have fun.

u r a person 2 I'm looking forward to play with you in another game, you were pretty interesting and almost got on my nerves the moment you joined

@GrandWazoo good play but I think you should take a few minutes to reconcider your own reads, as said before my play had a few holes that were worth looking at

@YellowSnow Only thing I didn't like about you was your initial take on day 2, your lazyness felt fake

@GuiltyLion I felt you were not motivated as scum BUT you were a great partner, couldn't have done it without you, see you next game :3

@brassherald I believe that if you joined from the beginning this would have been a harder game good town play!

@the worst Ducky, you are the best I wish I didn't have to kill you N1 cuz outsplaying you is a hard and enjoyable experience, if you missed it this is the reason we killed you:

Current Town List:

the worst
Grandwazoo townie claim
Junk (replacement) doctor claim
Yyoota (replacement) Probably townie
YellowSnow (replacement)
Brassherald (replacement)

I think we kill the worst and role block Junk alternative: role block Junk and kill Brassherald

I think the worst has a good chance of being the other PR since one of the replacements is a PR the others maybe weren't interested enough to play as townies

I said this N1 and this is a good example of why I dislike replacements, they give too much info to the scum team

many people said that hating replacements could be seen as scum-thinking but it's actually replacements are scum-sided fmpov

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:35 am

Post by brassherald »

replacements are scum sided in my opinion because I can't keep track of who is in what slot. I'm old and feeble.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am

Post by JunkoChan »

I rather have a quick game with 2-3 people being modkilled than having to play with replacements

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am

Post by brassherald »

Oh, duck, legitimately my favorite part of any newbie game was late day 1 where we were just doing a back and forth about Weezer songs.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:46 am

Post by the worst »

Oh my God yeah that was fun Hahaha.

Thanks for the write-up Junko -- lots of really good points in there. I hope we get to play again.

FYI I believe a lot of the rep outs didn't pick up their role pm here which means TPR hunting via nonconfirmations isn't all that effective long-term -- but that was a super lucky shot from that pov. ;n;

I agree games are better without rep outs but the size of setups is pretty integral to balance. also if scum are willing to take a chance on their own deductions they DESERVE the extra info imo. very bold call and well played. <3
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

@Junko, you did do some things that pinged me, like tunneling me basically the whole game and unvoting GL, but by that time you had me in your reality distortion field and I just wrote that off as derpnewb rather than evil genius scum. Now I know better.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:51 am

Post by brassherald »

I have been working on theories that perhaps as VT I should just crumb a role really poorly, early in day 1.

I might have done it one time before. I don't think I did it poorly enough to attract attention.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 am

Post by brassherald »

Wait, no, I was not a VT in that game, and it was role madness. So, it didn't help at all to just heavily imply Vig as 2 shot BP that game.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1118, the worst wrote:I'll swing it this way: it's not your fault we lost. but if you'd turned around at the last moment and decided to give brass the benefit of the doubt, it could've been your fault SCUM lost!
yes, this 100% is what I was trying to convey. I hope my comments weren't seen as throwing you the blame. (I think you'll see where I put the blame if you look in the dead thread =P )
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 1127, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1122, the worst wrote:AND FINALLY

Thank you for modding NSG!!
♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ ♪
:]

thanks everyone for making my first modded newbie game an interesting one! there were a few issues (replacements is the main one that comes to mind), but apart from that i'm glad i got to see a display of a town doing their best against some pretty impressive scum play!
Thanks NSG for an excellent game!
103-11 0-2
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 1144, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 1118, the worst wrote:I'll swing it this way: it's not your fault we lost. but if you'd turned around at the last moment and decided to give brass the benefit of the doubt, it could've been your fault SCUM lost!
yes, this 100% is what I was trying to convey. I hope my comments weren't seen as throwing you the blame. (I think you'll see where I put the blame if you look in the dead thread =P )
TBH I doubt there's anything brass could've said at that point. Junko was so locktown in my fervid brain that whatever brass said would've read scum to me. Even the Unforgiven discussion gave me the feeling of scum tapping out. Confirmation bias is a helluva drug!
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

Image@Grandwazoo

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1146, GrandWazoo wrote:Junko was so locktown in my fervid brain that whatever brass said would've read scum to me
I was totally like this early on in my forum mafia playing career

now after several years of playing nonstop I've instead reached the (enlightened?) state where whatever anyone says can read as either town or scum simultaneously

helps with writing fake cases as scum but make me so much less confident as town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by northsidegal »

thor calls that "going postmodernism" when it comes to tells
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”