Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by rb »

Lamees (L-4)
: Succinct
Auro, Nako, rb, Egix96, Something_Smart,
Ruby Red, Lamees
at work but im VT
Last edited by the worst on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Succinct »

In post 2140, rb wrote:succint's vote is awful
Why? As you said, it's mylo (not lylo); Lamees can't be quickhammered regardless of alignment. If scum, scum wouldn't pile on; if town, scum piling on is gamethrowing as shot scum = we can lynch remaining two tomorrow. Either way, Lamees isn't at risk of a quicklynch.
In post 2155, Something_Smart wrote:I guess it could be because they thought he was a different PR, but idk what that could be.
In post 2166, Egix96 wrote:I'm a Trickster, I turned invisible on Night 2.
These two together = Something_Smart scumclaimed.

Incidentally, I believe Egix's claim as he had no incentive to claim this as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

What are you talking about?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Lamees »

Egixs claim is as good as vanilla, cant really believe him.

Post 2155 from s_s does seem strange... but it's almost too strange... as if it cannot come from town. But wouldnt come from scum either.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Lamees »

Yeah, my theory is that there is no trickster. And upon seeing s_s and myself discussing the night kill, the scum team decided to claim trickster to set him up with what is obvious tmi from s_s.

Wild theory, I know.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Lamees »

So either that stretch of a theory happened or s_s is scum and slipped hard. Or, s_s is town and psychic.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 2176, Succinct wrote:
Incidentally, I believe Egix's claim as he had no incentive to claim this as scum.
This reason is a bit shaky. Feels forced.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 pm

I didn't even believe 2155, I still don't. Scum don't try to kill commuters. I was literally just trying to think of why BBmolla might possibly have died given that I (and I think most people) thought he was a pretty decent scum possibility.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Lamees »

In post 2182, Something_Smart wrote:I didn't even believe 2155, I still don't. Scum don't try to kill commuters. I was literally just trying to think of why BBmolla might possibly have died given that I (and I think most people) thought he was a pretty decent scum possibility.
Seem you knew there was one power role hiding (apparently egix). Which only scum would know. Can't you at least vaguely see what succinct is pointing out there?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

I didn't know anything. That's a leading claim. I suggested that maybe there was another PR hiding that scum wanted to kill, which didn't turn out to be true.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by rb »

if everyone else claims VT i don't see a need to disbelieve egix's claim, other than the fact he really didn't play like someone trying to draw an NK at all
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by rb »

has everyone claimed?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by Auro »

Succint and Nako haven't.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:39 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2176, Succinct wrote:Incidentally, I believe Egix's claim as he had no incentive to claim this as scum.
In post 2178, Lamees wrote:Egixs claim is as good as vanilla, cant really believe him.
I find it quite telling that Succinct and Lamees had opposing reactions to my claim...

Anyway, to give you all an idea of where my head's at right now, I have the remaining players partitioned like so:

Auro, Smart, Nako
--------------------
Ruby, rb, Succinct

My line of thinking is people on the same side of the divide could be scum with each other, but people on opposite sides are likely not w/w.
So you could say that those two "camps" are the two separate scum teams that I have in mind, but knowing myself, it's more likely neither is entirely correct, since I've probably unknowingly put two scums on opposite sides.

In case you're wondering, yes, I am intentionally leaving Lamees out of this as she is near lock-town status for me at this point, but if you want to tinfoil on her then she goes in the top half since she's almost never scum with Succinct or rb.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Auro »

What conclusion are you drawing from Succint and Lamees' reactions? IMO since scum know the PRs, if your claim's right it's likelier for scum to "believe" it; this gives Lam some townpoints.

I'm a bit lost as to the solve after the Mala flip. If I'm town-cleared, say, who do you reckon would probably be scum here?

Something_Smart
's shade on me seems agenda-driven, I was hard-pushing Mala and it's really easy to paint the hard-pusher as scum while the sheeps get away.
Ruby's
still town - She can read me pretty well; and as I pointed out before scum!Red could easily get away pushing me. The weird NK actually points to town!Me here, since scum!Me would *always* rather kill Red especially after she said she's reconsidering her read on me.
Nako
I'm flipping on; I felt she was playing without an agenda and that was town-indicative, but her staying on Mala is making me reconsider.
Lamees
I'm back to townreading, and I wonder what Succint's current read there is: I really doubt scum!Lamees fakeclaims and self-votes readily in MyLo.
Succint
's looking a lot like scum - He accuses *me* of "not bussing" Something_Smart when my then-biggest scumread was at L-1, and his continuous pushes on towny slots (Initially, Creature; Now Lamees) is fishy.
RB
is also a scum-candidate, I don't get all the townreads on him: Spells more like scum who *knew* Mala was town, and continuously shaded me in previous days to help set me up as today's mislynch.
Egix
I think as scum would be a bit more proactive, at least from what I remember from his games I've read; fakeclaiming doesn't *really* make sense given he didn't appear like a prominent push today anyway.

Going by individual scumreads my solve would be {Succint, Something_Smart, RB}.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2189, Auro wrote:What conclusion are you drawing from Succint and Lamees' reactions? IMO since scum know the PRs, if your claim's right it's likelier for scum to "believe" it; this gives Lam some townpoints.

I'm a bit lost as to the solve after the Mala flip. If I'm town-cleared, say, who do you reckon would probably be scum here?
- You've kind of answered that question for me there ;) Yeah, it makes Lam look better and Succinct look worse.

- Based on my partition, that would make the scum team Ruby + rb + Succinct, or possibly chop-and-change Smart or Nako over one of those.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Auro »

I'm confident enough in my Red townread, a little less than my SS scumread so yeah, I think if you do townread me we have nearly the same solve.

If you're scumreading me, let's talk it out?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Lamees »

Egix what were your thoughts/comments on bbmolla's semi fake claim?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2191, Auro wrote:I'm confident enough in my Red townread, a little less than my SS scumread so yeah, I think if you do townread me we have nearly the same solve.

If you're scumreading me, let's talk it out?
I might have a read of one of your completed town games later if I have time, I'll see how I feel afterwards.
In post 2192, Lamees wrote:Egix what were your thoughts/comments on bbmolla's semi fake claim?
I didn't believe it at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 am

In post 2189, Auro wrote:The weird NK actually points to town!Me here, since scum!Me would *always* rather kill Red especially after she said she's reconsidering her read on me.
Unless if you two are partners...
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Lamees »

Possible. He was the one to hard defend the thor (now red) wagon. While stating "no resistance". But when you look back, it was players like bbmolla and malakitty, me, and other town read players. Well I know two already flipped town so yes that wagon could have actually been all town.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2194, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2189, Auro wrote:The weird NK actually points to town!Me here, since scum!Me would *always* rather kill Red especially after she said she's reconsidering her read on me.
Heh, no s*** Sherlock!

But I actually find that hard to believe considering that Thor and Auro spent several pages attacking each other's play... would you say I'm wrong for thinking those interactions were strictly not w/w?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 am

I'm pretty sure the issue between Thor and Auro's playstyles was completely genuine and not related to either of their alignments.

Is there a specific interaction that you don't think is scum/scum?
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Lamees »

In post 2196, Egix96 wrote:
In post 2194, Something_Smart wrote:
Heh, no s*** Sherlock!

But I actually find that hard to believe considering that Thor and Auro spent several pages attacking each other's play... would you say I'm wrong for thinking those interactions were strictly not w/w?
It's not out of their range at all
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Egix96 »

BTW I've been skimming the first ~15 pages of Mini 2040 (off the top of my head it's the only game where Auro was town, it wasn't a Newbie game, and he wasn't playing as a hydra). Not yet entirely sure how well it compares to this game but to answer the question of "does it make you feel better about Auro?" I would give it a weak yes.

pedit: Okay, that's an interesting take...
IIRC there wasn't anything specific I could point to, but for me it's the fact that the interaction went on for so long. I just really doubt that they would let it drag on if they were just trying to distance from each other.

pedit2: how would you know that?

Return to “Completed Open Games”