Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Roo »

VOTE: BLANK

What a silly username
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Roo »

In post 22, brassherald wrote:
In post 20, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 19, brassherald wrote:
In post 16, volxen wrote:VOTE: The Worst

@The Worst if you thought being the mod would stop me from voting for you during RVS, think again buddy.

Let's get a wagon going against TW! :D
Here's a good teaching moment for the newbies, voting the mod is never funny.
Why not?

VOTE: brass
Because the way jokes are structured is you have a set up and a punch line. This one has neither
Tough crowd here on day 1

VOTE: Brassherald
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Roo »

In post 40, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 29, xwing wrote:
In post 26, hearthstone1235 wrote:Volxen. Im wondering how fast is your typing speed. It felt weird that transition from lynching the mod to starting a random vote. And it all happened in seven minutes. Why didnt you include both in same message or was that an afterthought. Or did you do that to seperate the joke from the real part. Still I find it a little fishy that that happened in seven minutes.

VOTE: volxen
hmmm..feels reachy, but meh..

VOTE: brass
let's wagon the IC.. :)
"Let's wagon the IC" has similar meaning to "Let's lynch the IC" which implies that you want at least one more person after you to lynch the IC which would put them in L-1.

VOTE: xwing

(Also, one more question, if you think that was reachy why didn't you vote me or try to apply pressure. you've just seen something that you deem as scummy. are you going to let it get away!!)
Do you really think this was an attempt to try get people to lynch the IC? Why don't you think it was just typical day 1 pressure or even a little bit of kidding around?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 49, xwing wrote:
In post 46, Roo wrote:Do you really think this was an attempt to try get people to lynch the IC? Why don't you think it was just typical day 1 pressure or even a little bit of kidding around?
ooooh..
so roo, is that how you took my post?
if i told you i wasn't kidding, would your view change?
No it wouldn't. I still think that it being very early on Day 1 wouldn't be cause for alarm. People pressure different slots all the time, that's pretty normal behavior for where we are at in the game.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 79, hearthstone1235 wrote:@brass, Do you have anything to say/any reads? You haven't been generating a lot of in-game content so far, if any.

@roo, How dangerous do you think L-2 is?
This early on Day 1, I would say not too dangerous. If someone were then to move the person to L-1 that would be more dangerous because someone could just inappropriately quick hammer. Though that would tell us a lot more about the game state.

Also people could pull off their vote. Like if we moved to L-1 and it felt unwarranted, danger could be reasonably avoided. Anyone could pull their vote, and the day could proceed.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 92, L84Dnr wrote:Roo, you're being unusually quiet. Perhaps a little pressure on your wagon will get your tongue wagging.

VOTE: Roo
In post 106, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 101, brassherald wrote:
In post 57, SaintAngelDFE wrote:I figured, just thought it was an amusing moment to read "quack" after what you said.
What are your thoughts on the game so far?
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, actually! Most of my experience is with town of salem, but I was referred here by a friend that used to play on these forums.

I'm definitely starting to agree with the push on Roo, he hasn't said anything as of late.

In post 108, YellowSnow wrote:between roo and brass I like the roo wagon better. At least brass has been helpful.

VOTE: roo
If the biggest knock against me right now is that I haven't posted much today, I apologize. I did answer the questions directed at me.

If anyone has anything in particular they'd like me to address, I'd be happy to
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Roo »

*Order Taken From Playerlist*

hearthstone1235 - not really a fan of anything hearth has done. First talking about the delay in Volxen's posts seemed like an odd thing to me. Voting xwing for the "lets lynch the IC" comment felt like another stretch. Also something about doesn't sit well with me either. This feels a lot like someone trying to find fire where there is no smoke.
YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
L84Dnr - town read, came in and has been engaged given fair reads and asking questions
DoubtingThomas - completely null at this point, nothing to go off of
SaintAngelDFE - again completely null, no reads or anything yet from this player
volxen - town read, like the questions in and
xwing - town, to this point has had the most activity directed at scumhunting
brassherald - slight town, lots of IC posts so far but also nothing jumps out as too suspicious yet

feel like pressure could be applied elsewhere to help move things along. Also SaintAngel says I haven't said anything, but his posts aren't exactly bountiful to this point so

VOTE: SaintAngel
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 117, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 113, Roo wrote:
In post 92, L84Dnr wrote:Roo, you're being unusually quiet. Perhaps a little pressure on your wagon will get your tongue wagging.

In post 106, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 101, brassherald wrote:
In post 57, SaintAngelDFE wrote:I figured, just thought it was an amusing moment to read "quack" after what you said.
What are your thoughts on the game so far?
I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, actually! Most of my experience is with town of salem, but I was referred here by a friend that used to play on these forums.

I'm definitely starting to agree with the push on Roo, he hasn't said anything as of late.

In post 108, YellowSnow wrote:between roo and brass I like the roo wagon better. At least brass has been helpful.

VOTE: roo
If the biggest knock against me right now is that I haven't posted much today, I apologize. I did answer the questions directed at me.

If anyone has anything in particular they'd like me to address, I'd be happy to
Why so quiet?
Just a busy day yesterday and today at work. Didn't have a chance to check the site since I posted yesterday at lunch
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 148, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 121, Roo wrote:*Order Taken From Playerlist*

hearthstone1235 - not really a fan of anything hearth has done. First talking about the delay in Volxen's posts seemed like an odd thing to me. Voting xwing for the "lets lynch the IC" comment felt like another stretch. Also something about doesn't sit well with me either. This feels a lot like someone trying to find fire where there is no smoke.
YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
L84Dnr - town read, came in and has been engaged given fair reads and asking questions
DoubtingThomas - completely null at this point, nothing to go off of
SaintAngelDFE - again completely null, no reads or anything yet from this player
volxen - town read, like the questions in and
xwing - town, to this point has had the most activity directed at scumhunting
brassherald - slight town, lots of IC posts so far but also nothing jumps out as too suspicious yet

feel like pressure could be applied elsewhere to help move things along. Also SaintAngel says I haven't said anything, but his posts aren't exactly bountiful to this point so

VOTE: SaintAngel
Can you elaborate a little on what exactly you mean by "Finding fire where there is no smoke" because I could interpret it in at least 2 different ways.
What do you think of YellowSnow putting the L-1 on you?
Why do you think brassherald is slight town? Is the only reason for that is because nothing jumps out as suspicious yet?

Appreciate the readlist.
The "Finding Fire" comment was directed at how it felt like to me that you were throwing these things at the wall just to see what would stick. Then if anybody questioned you motives behind these reachy things, you could easily just say that it's early on Day 1 and you were trying to see who would jump at what you were saying.

How would you describe the motives behind some of your early pressure? Is there anyone that stands out as more likely scum?

I'm not troubled by being put at L-1, that's how things go on Day 1. But I would like more substance from yellowsnow's posts because as of now he seems to be in that posting a decent amount but flying under the radar, sort of position.

@yellowsnow did you know that your vote put me at L-1? And do you have any reads at this point?

And yeah, I give a slight town read to brassherald because there isn't really any reason to think otherwise at this point. Also in my very limited experience in these newbie games, a frequent Day 1 occurrence seems to be people targeting lower post counts because New players who draw scum tend to try and not assert themselves much into the game. brassherald being the IC, its fair to assume knows this, so I don't find it likely that this is the route that he would take if he were scum (i.e. most of his posts being IC related)
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 187, YellowSnow wrote:
@yellowsnow did you know that your vote put me at L-1? And do you have any reads at this point?

Yes, I knew. I thought that was allowed. I put my vote on who I think is scum. I've given plenty of reads.
Yes it is allowed, that wasn't the point of my question. Generally when someone votes to put a player at L-1, they make that known to the group so that person doesn't get instantly hammered.

And do you really think you've given "plenty of reads". When I look at your iso, all I see is a lot of 1 sentence thoughts. Are there any reads you feel particularly strongly about? Or a more developed case for who might be scum?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 218, volxen wrote:What troubles me about all of this is that if you are scum, everything you are doing is fake, including your reads, so it makes sense that could mess up your reads/vote like this (since it would all be fake anyways if you are scum). If you are town then you really, really botched up that entire post (141) along with your vote. So why is this more likely to be an honest mistake from town!Saint rather than a scumslip from scum!Saint?
I think this really sums up what happened well. And before a response is given, it makes me think that it is more likely than not that this was a scumslip.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 238, L84Dnr wrote:
In post 221, Roo wrote:
In post 218, volxen wrote:What troubles me about all of this is that if you are scum, everything you are doing is fake, including your reads, so it makes sense that could mess up your reads/vote like this (since it would all be fake anyways if you are scum). If you are town then you really, really botched up that entire post (141) along with your vote. So why is this more likely to be an honest mistake from town!Saint rather than a scumslip from scum!Saint?
I think this really sums up what happened well. And before a response is given, it makes me think that it is more likely than not that this was a scumslip.
Why do you figure it's more likely a scumslip than a simple mistake?
Because when addressing the mistake, there is a lot of vagueness. “I need to reread what I type” doesn’t really addres the heart of the issue. Saint isn’t saying that he got mixed up and meant to type another player instead of Volxen, it seems like he’s trying to say that sentence shouldn’t have been included at all. Which leads me to believe he is just making up reads as he goes and is attributing them to random names.

This being a mistake feels too convenient without more specifics.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Roo »

In post 253, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 186, DoubtingThomas wrote:
I am going to be very honest with you, and this will probably seem very egotistical/over-confident and you will probably hate it and maybe use those personal feelings to scum read me but whatever

I think it is better to take stuff at logic > emotions because emotions can cloud one's judgement

*snip*

DT not posting any reads/pushes at the moment is slightly ping-y, but I am a little confused because he would have no problem just pushing people who are scummy or even if they are not scummy to see their reaction. His low content is also negative for town so I think he should start stepping his game up and start posting a lot more to carry town to the win.

Yea, totally agree with that. Dunno about the case you made about you being very good at scum and bad at town so since you're playing bad this game therefore you're town. But I agree that you should really step your game up, starting by telling what you think of the game so far and of each player (Dunno if you have done that in the 5 following pages or not). I'll probably have more trouble reading you then because your case has a lot of wifom and meta I think. two things that I completely suck at reading. You are going to be on my radar though.

Right now, I personally would list DT at "very slight scum lean" for low efforting, but secretly know that that is non alignment indicative for him and is only putting him at scum lean to see his reaction. He is a very omgus-y type of a player so that will generate reaction frmo him which will help you learn his alignment

Hmm, that would make some sense.
Appreciate that you took the time and effort to answer my question.

Comments in *
green
Hearth, appreciate all the posts, I'm just curious on what you think of self-meta in general? How much strength do you give to it here on your read of DT?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Roo »

In post 219, Roo wrote:And do you really think you've given "plenty of reads". When I look at your iso, all I see is a lot of 1 sentence thoughts. Are there any reads you feel particularly strongly about? Or a more developed case for who might be scum?
In post 260, hearthstone1235 wrote:Yes, I knew. I thought that was allowed. I put my vote on who I think is scum. I've given plenty of reads.

This time I actually looked back and noticed that he didn't make ANY reads whatsoever, before this post
@YellowSnow this is something that I really would like addressed, where are all these "plenty of reads" and what are they?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 am

Post by Roo »

In post 172, brassherald wrote:YellowSnow for reasons discussed before, in fact I don't think he posted yesterday at all, and it feels lurky to me compared to the last game I played with him.
I think this is interesting. It doesn't look like this YellowSnow lines up that well with a previous town YellowSnow.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Roo »

In post 266, YellowSnow wrote:I'm not going to reply because I've been voted on. Ask nicely and maybe I'll respond.
I haven't voted for you and have directed questions at you. What's your excuse for me?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Roo »

In post 262, Roo wrote:
In post 219, Roo wrote:And do you really think you've given "plenty of reads". When I look at your iso, all I see is a lot of 1 sentence thoughts. Are there any reads you feel particularly strongly about? Or a more developed case for who might be scum?
In post 260, hearthstone1235 wrote:Yes, I knew. I thought that was allowed. I put my vote on who I think is scum. I've given plenty of reads.

This time I actually looked back and noticed that he didn't make ANY reads whatsoever, before this post
@YellowSnow this is something that I really would like addressed, where are all these "plenty of reads" and what are they?
In post 268, YellowSnow wrote:Which questions?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Roo »

Apologies, I just realized I messed up the quote boxes in 262
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Roo »

In post 268, YellowSnow wrote:Which questions?
How did you miss my post which was 4 posts before you posted and used "@YellowSnow" to direct a question at you? Also, the post was before HS's posts that you obviously read since you knew he voted for you.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 272, YellowSnow wrote:I'm working. So it may be a couple days to get in depth reads. But in general I like Brass and xwing as town and you as scum.
I understand, RL gets in the way. I wasn't here much for a few days. I will say though that in you said you suspected me because you thought I was "trying to active lurk" through day 1. Couldn't that same thing be said about you who has posted 35 times and hasn't given any detailed reasons for your reads?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 278, SaintAngelDFE wrote: Still no confident reads from Brass, but that's likely me being intimidated as a newer player and knowing that if he is town, he could be crucial for us later in the game.
If Brass wasn’t the IC and this was just a game with 9 random players from this site, what do you think your read on him would be?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 284, volxen wrote:
In post 266, YellowSnow wrote:I'm not going to reply because I've been voted on. Ask nicely and maybe I'll respond.
What is the town motivation with this kind of a response? Asking someone to unvote you because you don't like the fact that they are pressuring you is unlikely to get you what you want. If you are town, you should have a vested interest in engaging with the people who are voting for you, regardless of whether they are town or scum. If you're being voted by a fellow townie you should take that to mean that they are genuinely scumreading you, and you should want to get to the bottom of
why
they are scumreading you, and then convince them that you are town. You can start doing this by engaging with them and answering their questions and asking any questions of your own that you may have. If you are being voted by scum, that likely means they think you are a good mislynch candidate, and the more you engage with them in a back-and-forth conversation, the more likely they will be to slip up and reveal their true alignment. So either way, you have no excuse to not engage with and answer the questions being asked of you by the people voting for you.
In addition to this point. When I asked Yellow to answer after he said this, he said that he couldn’t because he was working and didn’t have the time. Which is obviously true, we all have RL obligations. But why not just say that originally to hearthstone then? What was the point of giving this response first?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Roo »

Since we're at L-1 and I've been suspicious of YellowSnow this whole time, I am giving intent to hammer. So it's claim time YellowSnow.

Just a note please nobody else vote for YellowSnow yet. I'm giving intent now so we have enough time to hear from YellowSnow, and then any time needed for any potential counterclaims/discussion.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Roo »

In post 296, hearthstone1235 wrote:there's something iffy about the above post.
What’s striking you as iffy?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Roo »

In post 295, Roo wrote: I'm giving intent now so we have enough time to hear from YellowSnow, and then any time needed for any potential counterclaims/discussion.
I think it’s a little unfair to cut off the sentence in the middle there.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Roo »

In post 304, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 121, Roo wrote: YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
I don't get why would you give him null/
town
for that, instead of null/scum or null.
At this point in the game this wasn't a strong read. Null/town seemed fair, null was out just because he was participating so there was some things to go off on. Maybe because of my concern with his IC comment it could have been null/scum but at this point in the game at post 120, either of those options really weren't that far away from each other. As the game progressed my read on him changed to be more likely to be scum.
In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 275, YellowSnow wrote:Nope, I haven't had the time for it, you've avoided posting altogether for a good portion of day 1.
Hmm, would like to hear Roo's reply to this.
I'm not exactly sure what you want me to respond to here. I will admit, as I said in that I had a couple busy days at work, and only was able to check in about once a day. I think if you look at my ISO that "avoiding posting altogether" is a bit of an overstatement. And I think as the game has progressed I have contributed substantive thoughts to the game. If YellowSnow still disagrees, there really isn't anything I can do about that.
In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 301, Roo wrote:
In post 295, Roo wrote: I'm giving intent now so we have enough time to hear from YellowSnow, and then any time needed for any potential counterclaims/discussion.
I think it’s a little unfair to cut off the sentence in the middle there.
It is just a little habit to get straight to the point and decrease the amount of walls. I did read the other part of the sentence, so let me ask the same question again.

How is you giving intent going to give us enough time to:

1. hear from YellowSnow
2. get potential counterclaims/discussion

Sorry if I messed up how I read your sentence grammatically, I'm not that fluent in English
No need to apologize, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. By giving intent now I am trying to get YellowSnow to respond to the case against him. I have no problem lynching YellowSnow given the case against him. I'm trying to avoid a hypothetical situation where there is no intent given yet and we just wait around for YellowSnow to answer any of the questions directed towards him. Then someone gives intent with lets just say less than 24 hours left. Maybe YellowSnow would then claim a PR with 4 hours left, and there wouldn't be enough time for a potential counterclaim or discussion, and the end of the day ends in a bit of chaos/confusion.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Roo »

Even if we assume for the sake of argument that this is an "awful wagon" and you're town, how does not defending yourself help the town find scum?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 327, YellowSnow wrote:Honestly there's several pages of the game I haven't read.
Do you plan on reading them?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Roo »

In post 332, YellowSnow wrote:
hearthstone1235 - town, feel like he is actively sorting
YellowSnow - I know I'm town

L84Dnr - Scum for his spot on the Roo wagon and immediately voting me instead of asking questions.

DoubtingThomas - Looks town although he could be using large posts as a scum tactic.

Roo - Scum for active lurking and not really sorting.

SaintAngelDFE - null

volxen - started a little scummy but looks more towny now.
xwing - looks like he is sorting and town
brassherald - Took some flack but looks town based on a previous game I played with him.
Could you give any more on what changed for you regarding Volxen? why was he originally scummy?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Roo »

In post 332, YellowSnow wrote:
hearthstone1235 - town, feel like he is actively sorting
YellowSnow - I know I'm town

L84Dnr - Scum for his spot on the Roo wagon and immediately voting me instead of asking questions.

DoubtingThomas - Looks town although he could be using large posts as a scum tactic.

Roo - Scum for active lurking and not really sorting.

SaintAngelDFE - null

volxen - started a little scummy but looks more towny now.
xwing - looks like he is sorting and town
brassherald - Took some flack but looks town based on a previous game I played with him.
In post 346, YellowSnow wrote:I would be willing to switch to saint for the purposes of avoiding a town lynch(me) but I really think l8 is scum.
In post 362, YellowSnow wrote:wagon l8 or saint pls.
Does anyone else think its possible that we are looking at a YellowSnow-Saint team? YellowSnow tries to get us to lynch either myself or L8, so that town lynches a townie. With the fallback being that he directs us to a Saint lynch (who people are already suspicious of) and he loses his scum partner, but at least he can say that he helped start the scum wagon, and that buys him some town cred.

The progression on the Saint read here feels off.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Roo »

Yeah I am saying the the real target is L8, but that YellowSnow knows this is a hard target to wagon at this point and is kind of creating this backdoor plan. So if both Yellow and Saint are scum, the best strategy at that point could be for Yellow to try and get the wagon on Saint in order for Yellow to make himself look more town.

I was just trying to think of any reason why Saint would go from null to one of Yellow's targets. The other obvious reason is that Yellow is scum, and is just trying to save himself by focusing on the most obvious target.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Roo »

I’m going to wait a little bit to see if Yellow responds to Hearth and gives any more support for his reads. But I’m prepared to hammer by the deadline.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Roo »

In post 382, brassherald wrote:The only other one I would lynch today is Saint right now, tbh. DT slot is too far from lynch to be realistic with 10 hours left.

I'm not sure that Scum!YellowSnow claims a VT, to be honest, because he knows the optimal fake claim on the basis of me saying it in our last game.

But, we are also in the 11th hour, so my lynch pool is {YellowSnow,Saint} and I think if either of them are town, the last is BlurryX(I'm pretty sure he is the DT replacement?)
This sums up exactly where I am at right now too. Saint now has 3 votes. Brass, if you wanted to be vote 4, is there a fifth vote out there?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Roo »

With the amount of time we have left, I feel like its time. A Saint wagon is going to develop at this point, and I don't want to miss the deadline.

VOTE: YellowSnow
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Roo »

I'm going to have to go back and read Hearth's ISO tomorrow because that was a bit surprising of a lynch.

I'm curious if Blurry has any thoughts on the end of Day 1 or where we are now since he didn't cast a vote and didn't post that last day
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Roo »

Well from my read-thru i didn't find any indication that hearth was the doctor.

Where it stands now, I still want to hear from Saint. Hopefully he shows soon
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #36) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:12 am

Post by Roo »

In post 439, volxen wrote:Contrast that with BlurryX, who was scumreading one of the people being wagoned (Saint) and townreading the other (Yellowsnow), and yet didn't vote at all. Whereas Saint arguably has a valid reason for not being on a major wagon with multiple voters (because there was simply no wagon he could join), BlurryX does not have a valid reason for not voting for his scumread (Saint).
In post 426, BlurryX wrote:
I didn't cast a vote because I felt like YellowSnow was not scum. I played with someone like the last game I played, and in the back of my mind I was thinking he was not scum, just a jerk, but I hammered him anyway. He ended up being a vanilla townie and it has caused me to re-evaluate how I read players like that. Just because someone is hostile does not make them scum. I unfortunately was stuck at work that night so I wasn't able to get back in time but I think at that point that wagon was not going to get derailed anyways
unless it was a hasty switch to Saint, which in my books would have been the better choice, but we can sort that out today. Not going to quite put him at L-1 yet, as his play does in a lot of ways seem new player, but it can be hard to tell sometimes.

I want to go back and read L84 and Roo.
Blurry's reading of the Saint situation feels scummy. Saying that Saint would have been the better choice but still calling it "a hasty switch" and ending with the qualifier about new players just doesn't sit right with me.

Blurry easily could've put a vote on Saint who he called his biggest scumread on Day 1, I agree with Volxen that he has no valid reason not to have voted that way. Blurry says we can sort that out today, but it maybe could've been sorted out more thoroughly already had Blurry voted for Saint on Day 1.

VOTE: BlurryX
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #37) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:36 am

Post by Roo »

Didn't know that was allowed. All right then
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 427, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 418, L84Dnr wrote:I'd also like to hear from Saint.

VOTE: Saint

Saint, your ISO looks awfully lurky. Is there a good reason for that?
My lurking, especially in the last week, has been mostly work related. I plan on being a lot better about posting from here on out, my apologies.

I'll be posting a detailed read list in the next couple of hours after I have a chance to read back through day one a bit, I'd like to make sure I've got everything right before I make a mistake like I did last time.
I'm thinking I'll try and get as accurate read I can on the SE's and the IC because like L8 said, it's kind of weird that they survived when I think scum would have wanted to get rid of someone more capable of calling them out.

Was there anybody that Hearth was particularly suspecting? I didn't notice anything specifically aimed at anyone until the wagon on Yellow, but I'll be rereading again just in case, not saying they're scum it's just something I want to look back on.
@Saint Definitely still very interested in this reads list of yours that never came. Or just where you think we are in the game right now, and who you suspect after the nightkill
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 474, L84Dnr wrote:VOTE: BrassHerald

To provide added incentive for you to reply.

Completely agree with you that I'd like to hear from Brassherald. But just note he is V/La through Saturday
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Roo »

Town Spew eh?

I think my place on the Blurry wagon really should speak for itself as indicating that I'm town.

At this point I'm mainly focused on lynching either Saint or Brass. I know I'm town and my read on xwing is definitely town. And I have a town lean on L84.

One other thing I've been thinking though is I do have a small suspicion of L84 with the whole way the self hammer went down. L84 puts Blurry at L-1 and makes a big emphasis of not to hammer –
In post 448, L84Dnr wrote: I could be read as typical scum hesitancy to vote, especially if Saint is his partner.

Blurry's been reluctant to say much. Let's put some real pressure on.

VOTE: Blurry

Blurry is now at L-1, so nobody else vote him.

Blurry, would you care to explain why you've been so hesitant?
And then only 9 minutes later, we get the self hammer –
In post 450, BlurryX wrote:Tough to take over for someone, but I played really poorly. Definitely never replacing into a game again.

VOTE: Blurry
Now I don't know how likely this is, obviously people being on the board at the same time could easily be chalked up to a coincidence. But I think it does at least suggest a small possibility that Blurry & L84 are partners and they ran this big gambit, thinking Blurry was going to go down anyway. So they let L84 gain town cred by putting Blurry at L-1 and then Blurry self-hammering to end all discussion.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #41) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Roo »

In post 486, xwing wrote:@roo, can you kindly explain your town read on my slot please, and why scum is saint/brass? i think your theory on scum!l8 is interesting, but i think it may be a bit of a stretch..taking into consideration the interactions afterward with volxen, i think i believe l8 didnt know self-hammers were allowed..
My town read on you is because you have been very forthcoming with what feel like authentic thoughts. You have posed general questions to players, as well as more specific questions to pressure people that you suspected. Also I feel like your responses to what other slots are pushing suggest town, for example post . You gave a reasonable explanation for backing off your DT made a townslip observation.

I agree the L8 theory is a huge stretch, and there isn't really any other evidence to suggest its true. But even if it had a 1% probability, I just wanted to put it out into the ether.

As for Saint/Brass being the scum pool. Brass is mainly because when you look at his ISO there isn't a lot of substantive contributions to the game, other than reads that are pretty much just confirmations of what is being talked about at that time.

But at this point, I think Saint is the obvious target to be lynched. For all the reasons that have been previously stated. Additionally post is really scummy. His looking at the interactions between the xwing/DT/Blurry feels like a real stretch, like scum trying to latch onto anything. Also when you look at Saint's iso in famous mistake post he says "My reads are that xwing is likely town, he is jumping around a lot and searching from information." And then xwing doesn't get mentioned again until post where he votes xwing.

We should've lynched Saint instead of YellowSnow Day 1

VOTE: SaintAngelDFE
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Roo »

I say go for the hammer. Saint is the most logical scum. Is there really anything brass can say at this point to move him to being the primary suspicion?

It’s time to end this game, Saint is scum.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am

Post by Roo »

In post 499, xwing wrote:
In post 494, L84Dnr wrote:
Saint, you are now at L-1

Please nobody hammer Saint just yet as I'd really like to hear from Brass.
oh yeah almost forgot you requested to hold off the hammer whew..
for formality's sake i guess:

@saint im declaring intent to hammer, though im not hammering you until brass comes back from V/LA..

please make your defense, and (a) scum case(s) on who you think is/are scummy..thanks! :D

I guess this makes sense haha
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #44) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Roo »

Just checking in even though this game is at a standstill.

Waiting for Brass to get back. I feel like we should’ve just lynched Saint.

@Saint do you have any more detailed reads on anybody? Any in depth reads on why you town read myself and L8?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #45) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Roo »

Just checking in even though this game is at a standstill.

Waiting for Brass to get back. I feel like we should’ve just lynched Saint.

@Saint do you have any more detailed reads on anybody? Any in depth reads on why you town read myself and L8?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:20 am

Post by Roo »

I say lynch. Saint is the much stronger scum read for me. No need to delay if we are probably lynching Saint anyway

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”