Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 324, YellowSnow wrote:
I'm being scumread because I'm busy and don't have the same amount of time everyone else has evidently
. Also I was signed up for a game I didn't intend to sign up for.
OK, that is completely inaccurate though. This isn't about how frequently you are posting. The reasons why people are scumreading you are summarized on pages 11 - 13.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I'm not pocketing brass. I'm just town reading him because I've played with him and he is playing similarly.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Honestly there's several pages of the game I haven't read.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 327, YellowSnow wrote:Honestly there's several pages of the game I haven't read.
Do you plan on reading them?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Yes tomorrow.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by the worst »

BlurryX replaces DoubtingThomas.

No change to deadline as we're just under 48hrs anyway.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.16

hearthstone1235 (0) :
YellowSnow (4) : volxen, hearthstone1235, L84Dnr, brassherald
L84Dnr (0) :
BlurryX (1) : SaintAngelDFE
Roo (1) : YellowSnow
SaintAngelDFE (2) : xwing, Roo
volxen (0) :
xwing (0) :
brassherald (1) : BlurryX

not voting:

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- xwing is also coincidentally v/la this Monday
- brassherald v/la 4-9th February
- quack
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:24 am

Post by YellowSnow »

hearthstone1235 - town, feel like he is actively sorting
YellowSnow - I know I'm town

L84Dnr - Scum for his spot on the Roo wagon and immediately voting me instead of asking questions.

DoubtingThomas - Looks town although he could be using large posts as a scum tactic.

Roo - Scum for active lurking and not really sorting.

SaintAngelDFE - null

volxen - started a little scummy but looks more towny now.
xwing - looks like he is sorting and town
brassherald - Took some flack but looks town based on a previous game I played with him.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 am

Post by YellowSnow »

SInce the roo wagon deflated lets...

VOTE: L84Dnr
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 am

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 332, YellowSnow wrote:
L84Dnr - Scum for his spot on the Roo wagon and immediately voting me instead of asking questions.
Well, I no longer feel like an underachiever for not being scumread. Why haven't you voted me though?

As it happens, my place on Roo's wagon was dictated by the fact that I was subbed in part way through the game. By that point most players had a vote on them so of course I'm not going to be lead on a wagon. While you're on it, why is my vote on Roo any scummier than Saint's vote or yours? Your vote put him at L-1 after all.

There's nothing scummy about voting you before asking questions. That's just pressure to make you answer. Standard practice.

Thanks for the reads though! I'm sure there are some lovely associative tells in there.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 am

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 333, YellowSnow wrote:SInce the roo wagon deflated lets...

VOTE: L84Dnr
Yes! I am no longer an underachiever for not having attracted a single vote! :lol:

You have immediately voted me without asking any questions. By your reasoning you must be scum.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:11 am

Post by YellowSnow »

So evidently anything that you declare "standard practice" isn't scummy. That's not much of an answer. You seem like a very reactive player and that oozes scum. You're not actively sorting just trying to blend in with others who are sorting.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Roo »

In post 332, YellowSnow wrote:
hearthstone1235 - town, feel like he is actively sorting
YellowSnow - I know I'm town

DoubtingThomas - Looks town although he could be using large posts as a scum tactic.

Roo - Scum for active lurking and not really sorting.

SaintAngelDFE - null

volxen - started a little scummy but looks more towny now.
xwing - looks like he is sorting and town
brassherald - Took some flack but looks town based on a previous game I played with him.
Could you give any more on what changed for you regarding Volxen? why was he originally scummy?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 am

Post by YellowSnow »

The difference is I am actually isoing you. You voted me without any intention of wanting to sort me. Also my mind is not made up and I am talking to you right now. Also I am not trying to misrep you.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:26 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Voting the mod seemed juvinille even as a joke.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:48 am

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 336, YellowSnow wrote:So evidently anything that you declare "standard practice" isn't scummy. That's not much of an answer.
It has nothing to do with anything that I declared. It's just part of the game. If it isn't then this answer will look mind-bogglingly strange to everybody else playing and I'll get wagonned. Simple as that. It isn't as if my vote harmed you in any way. If you think otherwise then please explain why you should ask questions before voting.
You seem like a very reactive player and that oozes scum. You're not actively sorting just trying to blend in with others who are sorting.
And now you're changing your reason for scum-reading me. That suggests that your reasons are made up. Would you care to provide some evidence for your claims?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:57 am

Post by YellowSnow »

The fact that you are looking at votes as harming a player rather than the team as a whole is concerning.l

Expanding on my reasons for scum reading you does not at all mean my reasons are made up.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 am

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 341, YellowSnow wrote:The fact that you are looking at votes as harming a player rather than the team as a whole is concerning.l
And how did my vote harm the team?
Expanding on my reasons for scum reading you does not at all mean my reasons are made up.
It isn't expansion if your old reason has been exposed as bunk and it's an entirely new reason.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 am

Post by YellowSnow »

You have a complete inability to address what I actually said.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:42 am

Post by xwing »

hey guys, im back from vacation..
im still fine with either a yellow or saint lynch, and im still suspecting DT/BlurryX slot..
i mostly skimmed and didnt see any questions directed at me though, so lemme know if i missed any questions for me..
i agree that yellow's defeatist attitude is anti-town, but not too sure if it's town or scum indicative..meta points are towards scum yellow though..
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:50 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Why would you be okay with my lynch if you don't know if my behavior is town or scum indicative? You sound way more defeatist than me at this point.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I would be willing to switch to saint for the purposes of avoiding a town lynch(me) but I really think l8 is scum.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 346, YellowSnow wrote:I would be willing to switch to saint for the purposes of avoiding a town lynch(me) but I really think l8 is scum.
So, you'd do a self-preservation lynch?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Absolutely to lynch scum over town.
BlurryX
BlurryX
Townie
BlurryX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by BlurryX »

UNVOTE:

To give me a chance to catch up on what is going on.

I apologize for this being a bit disjointed, but its almost impossible to really come to grips with 14 pages of content in the 24 hours we have to reach a decision, so I'm going to just list things as they come to me.

First person to get up to any notable number of votes was brassherald. Only interesting vote was the third one, the "Lets wagon the IC vote". Not really an indicator of anything.

As for brassherald:

Most of his posts have been IC related, which in my books don't tip the needle in either direction so I will choose to ignore them. Also a lot of posts about the game in general, what roles he prefers. Nothing noteworthy there.

First real post of any kind of leaning was his response to hearthstone about why he had not been particularly active up until that point. Stuck to his guns about Roo, which I like, and he picked up the amoutn of contribution as the day went on so his response is consistent with how he behaved.

Next post that was specifically game-related was him taking Roo away from L-1 which leans town to me. Wanting to allow for the whole day for discussion to get as much information as possible seems like a towny thing to do. More discussion can only benefit town because it gives us more to go off of when trying to figure out who is scum/town.

His later reads seem to be well reasoned for the most part. I will say, I'm not sure how relevant analyzing prior activity is with regards to YellowSnow considering real life obligations have a large role in how much time you can devote to the game, and consequently how you play. Also, there is likely not enough game history to really come up with anythign conclusive. I haven't looked through his prior games, but, has there been a game where he played as scum, and if so, did he play significantly different in that game compared to others? Just because he is playing different this game does not necessarily mean its because he has a different role.

While the defeatist "I don't defend myself against awful wagons" isn't the best of responses, I honestly would chalk this up to not dealing well with pressure instead of scumminess.

My gut feeling so far is this push against YellowSnow has more to do with his playstyle than any kind of actual scumread against him. So far not convinced that he is the best lynch target for today, although I realize time is running out and lynch is better than no-lynch.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”