Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:47 am

Post by Mewtaph »

VC 1.11

votes
[4] Gamma Emerald
:
Haschel Cedricson (), JunkoChan (), BuJaber (), Egix96 ()
[4] Tchill13
:
Persivul (), xwing (), Slaxx (), Flubbernugget ()
[2] xwing
:
rosterfoster (), Tchill13 ()
[1] Sashaddin
:
Dannflor ()

[2] Not Voting
:
Sashaddin (), Gamma Emerald ()

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-01-30 01:15:00)

Mod Notes
:
xwing is V/LA until Tuesday.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:30 am

Post by Persivul »

I'm up and down on slaxx, but still tchill is a pretty good wagon.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 322, Egix96 wrote:Why is Haschel a strong townread for you?
I reallly liked the posts to 242. really objective and to the point. I also have a hard time imagining coming from scum, especially points 3 and 4.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 315, Sashaddin wrote:Making talk is good, too much pressure lead to myslynches imho.
Except my point is you're not making talk, you posted a generic reads list and aren't really attempting to sort people better or clear up confusing aspects of the game to you. If you aren't using your vote, and you aren't doing that, you're effectively doing nothing.
In post 327, Sashaddin wrote:
I reallly liked the posts to 242. really objective and to the point.
I also have a hard time imagining coming from scum, especially points 3 and 4.
You town read Haschel for these points and yet you don't townread me for making the exact same points earlier in the game. Why?
In post 280, Haschel Cedricson wrote: 3) Voting for the towniest person on the xwing wagon and simultaneously saying that would make tchill town.
4) When pushed on why Persival of the three options, came up with reasoning that didn't make sense. When it was pointed out that Persival was first on the wagon, Gamma made up a justification that was not only ideologically shaky but also demonstrably false. That smacks of scum making a vote and finding reasoning for it later.
In post 210, Dannflor wrote:No one expressed interest before Persivul voted here, Gamma.

When does scum!persivul start a strong wagon on xwing and then change his mind on both xwing and sash?

If you're looking for scum on the xwing wagon, what about these votes:
In post 253, Dannflor wrote:If Persivul is scum, he stays on the xwing wagon. I don't think any of his play makes sense as scum.

I gave Gamma a pass early game because I don't think not following the game closely is necessarily a scum tell, but after that she's just been blatantly getting things wrong.

Obviously, voting Persivul for BS reasons is bad, but also framing it in a way to allow herself to outright ignore the
much scummier
votes in Roster and Tchill feels intentional. This isn't just not paying attention, it's contrived.

VOTE: Gamma
In post 314, Persivul wrote:
In post 261, Tchill13 wrote:Yeah
I'm still fine with my xwing vote
. Especially considering it went from the leading wagon and the game turned to multiple wagons with multiple votes. That means we're pretty divided on where to go.
All ik is ppl don't want xwing lynched atm.
Am I missing something? This reads like,
yeah I'm fine parking my vote somewhere that I know it's not doing any good
I was going to keep my vote on Sash, but I actually looked at his meta since that's the main argument for town!Sash, and I have to agree his play matches his town games more. However, I'm not ready to strongly townread him as in his other town games he still took on a more active questioning role which I have yet to see here.

Tchill, on the other hand, disappeared as soon as pressure started being applied to him (maybe hoping it would blow over and another wagon would catch our attention?), and his last post is a BS "I don't wanna share my reads." Let's get him talking.

VOTE: Tchill

I agree on Slaxx, though I'm leaning more town as of now. I also reread Gamma's ISO and feel less good about that, namely due to #251. Looking forward to the fabled rosterfoster catch up post.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:21 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 328, Dannflor wrote:Except my point is you're not making talk, you posted a generic reads list and aren't really attempting to sort people better or clear up confusing aspects of the game to you. If you aren't using your vote, and you aren't doing that, you're effectively doing nothing.
1) I usually get people to ask about my reads when I do that, which is more pleasant to me than having to write a wall for every opinion I might have. A bit of laziness and lack of time I guess.
2) As you might have seen in my meta, I often don't have a vote Day 1. I promise I'll vote within the day, right now I'm taking a break from trying to power on a new compy I just assembled. Bitch won't even POST...
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:22 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 327, Sashaddin wrote:
(a)
I reallly liked the posts to 242. really objective and to the point.
(b)
I also have a hard time imagining coming from scum, especially points 3 and 4.
Agree on a), disagree on b).
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 328, Dannflor wrote:You town read Haschel for these points and yet you don't townread me for making the exact same points earlier in the game. Why?
In post 80, Dannflor wrote:Does town always follow the game 100%?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Dannflor »

Fair. Just wondering because you'd committed me completely from your reads list before.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am

Post by Dannflor »

omitted*
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:35 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Ok. I do feel as if I've been somewhat of a spectator, so I'm just going to do this from the start.

Spoiler: Tchill13
All the posts are bad. No substance at all. Pretty scummy.

Spoiler: xwing
Obviously I didn't like the opener. is so contrived, and does virtually nothing to explain what was going on with the opener (the whole reason for the wagon). is still really non-commital. I did not get anything like this when I played with town Xwing. It seems to me like trying to get on the good side of dan and Slaxx. [pst]245[/post] is complete garbage. There are no opinions given at all by Xwing. And I still struggle to see any reasons for anything he thinks.

Spoiler: Dannflor
I have no idea why I found his posts scummy. I don't actually think scum would try so hard to prevent a wagon on me. It provoked a pretty strong discussion which is exactly what he would want to avoid as scum.

Spoiler: JunkoChan
Starts off roleplaying with Gamma, then votes me for completely spurious reasons (). Completely ignores my explanation of the naked vote. I do think the scumread is just a site meta thing though. It does bug me that she never addressed my response, but that isn't scummy at all (maybe even some slight town-inspired carelessness).

Spoiler: Gamma Emerald
I struggle to understand all the hate towards this. The start of the wagon seemed completely meaningless (based on , really?). But I don't so much object to that as it was pretty early on.

Spoiler: Sashaddin
There is a lack of conviction in some of their posts (I'm looking at you, ). is pretty bad. There is just no posts of real substance there. And then there's which just comes from nowhere and almost feels made-up. I don't like this slot.

Spoiler: BuJaber
Obviously the entrance is pretty null. I don't like , , or though. They are very prescriptive on what people 'should' be doing, which I don't like, as the whole point of Mafia as I understand it is to understand the motivation behind doing things in a certain way. I don't see much town motivation in trying to make everyone play like robots. Oh and . I'm actually not liking this at all. Literally all he talks about is vagueries related to how a generic game 'might' go. This is active lurking, tbh. It just seems reasonably active when reading it superficially, but he's not saying anything at all. And the whole 'expectations' stuff (). Sasha's post was so different to Xwing's, and it's also not fencesitty. This is a much more sneaky version of Xwing. [pst]128[/post] is so so so bad. Like he's literally saying why Xwing is his bigger scumread, but keeps the vote on Sasha. Why? Oh, perhaps because there's a wagon on Xwing already. is at least a little bit more assertive, but there is still no opinions about what people said actually means, just some slightly irrelevant questions. is again avoiding giving any thoughts about who is scum, instead using some dodgy 'who is voting who' analysis which I do not feel comes from town.

Spoiler: Slaxx
I like his approach. Very good at getting reactions. I do feel like this is a genuine attempt to scumhunt, so seems townie to me.

Spoiler: Persivul
The anger is real. Slightly swingy player it seems but very townie.

Spoiler: Egix96
Null. I don't know why people townread this, but it doesn't feel bad to me. I do find myself not remembering anything he says though.

Spoiler: Flubbernugget
I get similar vibes to Egix. Nothing particularly scummy, I just struggle to find anything that he says memorable. So pretty null.

Spoiler: Haschel Cedricson
I like this slot. comes off townie to me, and the constant attempts to force answers out of people feels like genuine scumhunting to me. to are really good.

I'd love to vote Bujaber, but that isn't going anywhere. Still think Xwing is pretty scummy, but ditto. Tchill is scummy, so is sashadinn. At least Tchill has a wagon.

Town: Haschel, Dann, Persivul, Slaxx

Null: Egix, Flubber, Junko, Gamma,

Scum: Tchill, Xwing, Sashaddin, Bujaber

(Yes I am aware there is almost certainly not 4 scum. Shoot me).

VOTE: Tchill
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Dannflor »

That's L-1
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

Why are you so sure a Bujaber wagon wouldn't go anywhere? I was voting him earlier.

If you could rank your 4 scum reads in order of how scummy you find them how would you rank them?

Also could you answer my question from #307?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 335, Dannflor wrote:
That's L-1
In case this gets hammered, my short list of targets for tonight is Roster and Junk.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Oh I did not notice the vote from 328. If you want to join a Bujaber wagon I'm all ears.

VOTE: Bujaber

I played a couple of games ages ago on a different site (it used this wiki for roles and stuff), But really my proper experience is my only game here.

Most-Least Scummiest:
Bujaber,
Xwing,

Tchill/Sashadinn (they feel the same to me)
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 338, rosterfoster wrote:Oh I did not notice the vote from 328. If you want to join a Bujaber wagon I'm all ears.

VOTE: Bujaber

I played a couple of games ages ago on a different site (it used this wiki for roles and stuff), But really my proper experience is my only game here.

Most-Least Scummiest:
Bujaber,
Xwing,

Tchill/Sashadinn (they feel the same to me)
Why are you comming with this wagon right when Tchill is about to die makes me go mmhmmm

also, I'm okay with this VOTE: Tchill

Good night

inb4 Junko scum for hammering
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

never mind L-1

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

still interested in knowing why you 180ed so fast into a meh vote like Bujader right after putting tchill at L-1 this kind of interaction could say a lot if tchill flips scum I just did this same exact thing as mafia last game I played lol

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Slaxx »

UNVOTE:

My vote is still effectively here but I’d at least like a claim.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by rosterfoster »

Umm like Bujaber is my top scum read. Tchill is scummy, but I don't feel nearly as much scum from him as Bujaber. I did not 180, I changed my vote because it seems/seemed that Bujaber is possible. Bujaber is not a meh vote.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 342, Slaxx wrote:UNVOTE:

My vote is still effectively here but I’d at least like a claim.
I'd honestly just like a response from anything from the last ~6 pages before a claim even.
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

4 votes in post 325
Danflor 328 (5)
Roster 334 (6)
(Danflor calls L-1)
Junko 339 (7-hammer), think it's hammer then L-1
Slaxx unvotes 342

Why the quickhammer Junko?
Sashaddin
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Sashaddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by Sashaddin »

In post 339, JunkoChan wrote:Why are you comming with this wagon right when Tchill is about to die makes me go mmhmmm

Also, your hammer comes on a player you never ever mentioned once during this game yet. Sheeping for a hammer?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

Sorry, been a bit busy between school and work. Give me a bit to state reads. Won't go too in depth. Of course I don't mind giving basic reads I'm just opposed to giving a reads list that let's people know HOW I develop reads this early in the game.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 346, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 339, JunkoChan wrote:Why are you comming with this wagon right when Tchill is about to die makes me go mmhmmm

Also, your hammer comes on a player you never ever mentioned once during this game yet. Sheeping for a hammer?
looking for a easy way to throw suspicion on me? I just think is a good lynch, I don't have to mention the guy to vote him or do I?

white knighting much?

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

Also I'm bored and want to end this boring day cuz being town is boring

did I say I was bored yet?

for me it is only entertaining once we reach later days

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”