Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:24 am

Post by Auro »

Auro (L-4)
: Lamees
Lamees (L-4)
: Succinct
Auro, Nako, rb, Egix96, Something_Smart,
Ruby Red
I'm concerned that Red hasn't as well. Her "I'm surprised you're townreading me, I'd scumread myself" seems like a jibe at me tbh :$
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 2300, Auro wrote:I'm concerned that Red hasn't as well. Her "I'm surprised you're townreading me, I'd scumread myself" seems like a jibe at me tbh :$
Yeah, she should understand that if she were scum and you were town, she could get you lynched easily.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2234, rb wrote:everyone: pick your preferred lynch: auro/nako/succinct
To be honest, at this point I wouldn't trust myself to pick correctly.

Succinct has been playing exactly like scum, but I've seen stubborn townies play that way.
Auro was originally the only one on the Mala wagon I didn't townread, but that kind of PoE is very shaky, and I don't know if he and Succinct could be partners.
I still do think Nako is town. But I'm a little bit afraid that the Creature NK was WIFOM for that specific reason.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Succinct »

I changed my mind.
Auro-Lamees interactions aren't scum theater; my Auto/SS/Lamees solve's thus wrong.
VOTE: Something_Smart

Egix96
> Ruby Red > Nako > Auro
>
Lamees
>
rb >
Something_Smart

Please allow me 24h to explain changes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:15 am

Those reads are so terrible, it's unreal.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:16 am

I kinda feel like we have to hang Succinct here because if he's town we've already lost...
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Notice

Nako
did not pick up her prod and is being replaced.
She
will not
be allowed to come back.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by rb »

In post 2303, Succinct wrote:I changed my mind.
Auro-Lamees interactions aren't scum theater; my Auto/SS/Lamees solve's thus wrong.
VOTE: Something_Smart

Egix96
> Ruby Red > Nako > Auro
>
Lamees
>
rb >
Something_Smart

Please allow me 24h to explain changes.
memes
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by rb »

VOTE: Succinct

time to make open 743 great again
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 2301, Egix96 wrote:Yeah, she should understand that if she were scum and you were town, she could get you lynched easily.
At a cost - mislynching me would be a scumclaim in D3 for Ruby; doing that would've gotten her lynched today.

The optimal position for her to be in WRT my slot, as scum, is to keep me at town but also be open to reconsideration, and declare me scum in a MyLo/LyLo situation.

However, she didn't do that today while there was considerable pressure on me in MyLo so I still think she's town.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:42 pm

Post by Auro »

Continued feeling that Succint is setting me up for after his lynch, we should wait for his explanation and Nako's replacement probably.
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Succinct »

In post 2181, Lamees wrote:
In post 2176, Succinct wrote:Incidentally, I believe Egix's claim as he had no incentive to claim this as scum.
This reason is a bit shaky. Feels forced.
Why?
There's two reasons for scum to fakeclaim.
1: Look town.
2: Gain mislynch.
Reason 1's not valid; Egix was not being voted today. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. Egix wasn't even being scumread. There's no need for him to gain towncred; he was already seen as town.
Reason 2's not valid; Egix's claim could only serve to lynch you. Egix is not pressing for a Lamees lynch, meaning this was not his intention. Furthermore, he didn't need to fakeclaim to put scrutiny on you.
In post 2177, Something_Smart wrote:What are you talking about?
's sufficient an answer.
In post 2189, Auro wrote:
Lamees
I'm back to townreading, and I wonder what Succint's current read there is: I really doubt scum!Lamees fakeclaims and self-votes readily in MyLo.
My read on Lamees can be summed up as so:
I believe there's 1 scum in Auro/Lamees.
I believe there's 1 scum in rb/Nako.
I believe Something_Smart's scum regardless.
This gives four possible scumteams.
Most likely to least likely, Lamees/rb > Auro/rb > Lamees/Nako > Auro/Nako.

I , and .

Nobody's responded to these (except the ones which, after being responded to, I re-responded to; nobody responded to my responses).

I've, repeatedly, asked a question nobody's answered:
In post 1916, Succinct wrote:I ask again:
In post 1906, Succinct wrote:why's Lamees town?
I've shown why Lamees is scum; your turn.
In post 1994, Succinct wrote:
In post 1932, rb wrote:and lamees is also making town posts today, even if they're absurd they're town motivated
Point them out; I've shown the contrary already.
Your reasoning's the closest I've ever gotten to an answer, and even it is flawed.

Lamees is a claimed angel. What's a self-vote (which has since been removed) do to harm Lamees's odds of survival? Nothing. What's a self-vote do to increase Lamees's odds of surviving? Everything. There's your scum motivation. As I previously stated:
In post 1994, Succinct wrote:Don't confuse scum with bad. AtE's a valid tactic for scum.
While we're at it: I've explained my Egix townread.
My Ruby Red townread comes from a combination of Ruby Red's Something_Smart push and rb's heavyhanded pushing of the slot as scum in a way unlikely to be bussing.
Nako townread comes from liking the slot's content, and agreeing with the logic RE: Creature nk. Nako lacks incentive for it.

Leaving Auro and rb reads unexplained.

My Auro read's that Auro fits as a Something_Smart scumbuddy, but not as a Lamees scumbuddy. There's not much more.

rb's returning to my original thoughts on the slot, deeming his content not town. Furthermore, there's a nagging question at mind: rb's been widely townread by players throughout the game;
why isn't he dead
. If rb is town, you can plausibly say it's because his main push is also on town (making Ruby Red town regardless of whether rb's town/scum), but the suspicion lingers of an alternative answer being he can't die due to being scum.

rb also carries some burden of proficiency; he's a competent player, yet has contributed significantly to at least one almost assured mislynch and helped lynch other town as well.

These are compounded with his pushes in key areas: , , , . While we're on that post:
In post 2213, rb wrote:for real if we were going to test the lamees slot, it was meant to happen before mylo. the fact that it occurs _NOW_ just reeks of scum to me. they claimed on day1. we are now on day4, if we didn't lynch them on day1 (or 2) why the fuck is the game still hungup on it.
Whose fault is that? I was voting there since D2; it's not like I didn't present reasons, either, as I've shown above. I was ignored. What can I do about that? I asked questions and raised points nobody bothered to answer or counter.
In post 2219, rb wrote:one thing that makes me want to go for nako is that honestly...he's a viable scum partner to almost anyone in the game?
rb's experienced enough to know this is backwards. Someone who works as scum with anyone's scum with no one.
Succinct
Succinct
Goon
Succinct
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Post by Succinct »

Expanding further:
In post 2311, Succinct wrote:rb's been widely townread by players throughout the game;
why isn't he dead
I can't speak for N1 with Persivul. I believe Persivul was shot for his play, not for his role, but having not been in the game I confess I don't know why he'd die.

Creature was a near-universal townread; I can understand why he'd die.

But why did
BBMolla
, someone
many players were willing to lynch
, eat the nightkill? Why not rb? I was certain he'd be the third nightkill because nobody else was worth killing. So why's he alive still?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:26 am

Post by rb »

ah, so now the reason the scum killed the people who are actually supporting me but not actually me becomes apparent

cool wifom and stuff, i guess?

BBmolla kill = frame lamees + throw shade on why i'm not dead

first thing you do out of the gate: vote lamees and say you're willing to vote out of lamees + auro + SS

next thing you do: complain that i'm still alive

top scumreads for you: lamees+rb

k den
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:30 am

Post by rb »

but yeah why would i shoot persivul when he was one of the players who townread me when i _wasn't_ highly townread?

then creature who was also one of the few people supporting me?

then BBmolla who again, is one of the people supporting me?

the last two people were also agreeing to vote in the same places that i was voting: so assuming that i was scum, they'd pose no threat to my scumbuddies, or myself - and are people actually voting in my best interests

you have no actual case on me, apart from last minute wifom. cool dood
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:34 am

Post by rb »

In post 2311, Succinct wrote:rb also carries some burden of proficiency; he's a competent player, yet has contributed significantly to at least one almost assured mislynch and helped lynch other town as well.
lol, this is cute

funny how the burden of proficiency is relevant when i say to stop braindead tunneling lamees, to stop vanity voting so that we don't end up with a shit wagon and/or a nolynch at end of day, at multiple points where you were actual townreading me

did you listen then? nope.

but suddenly i have a burden of proficiency. okay, that's cool and all, but if your interpretation of me is competent, then why would you NOT FUCKING LISTEN TO WHAT I WAS SAYING when you ALSO TOWNREAD ME

this is scum and we should kill it with fire
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:36 am

Post by rb »

"hey guys i townread this player who i also think is competent

but i won't actually listen to or try to do the things that this competent player i townread says to do because...reasons..."
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:37 am

Post by rb »

i feel 187% good about a succinct lynch.
Lamees
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Lamees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 am

Post by Lamees »

Everyone has auro in their scumpool somewhere. This isn't coincidence. Let's just go for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:24 am

I think you're right but I need to figure out Succinct first. Do you still think Succinct and I are both town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 am

I think Succinct is guilty of the same thing he was accusing Auro of. He came in saying he was definitely willing to vote Auro, but now that other people have expressed a willingness to lynch Auro, he's changed his tune.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2318, Lamees wrote:Everyone has auro in their scumpool somewhere. This isn't coincidence. Let's just go for it.
3 scum, 5 town.
All 3 scum in my solve have me in their scumpools.
*No* town has me in their scumpool, except you (which you can't justify) - Egix, Ruby, and we don't know Nako's pool.

Indeed it isn't coincidence, it's scum pushing me as a mislynch, and you buying it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 am

Your solve makes no sense at all though.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Auro »

Which part of it doesn't make sense to you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:54 am

Do you seriously think I'm scum with Succinct?

Return to “Completed Open Games”