Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:16 am

Post by hearthstone1235 »

I'm giving intent now so we have enough time to hear from YellowSnow
How is you giving intent going to give us enough time to hear from YellowSnow?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:25 am

Post by Roo »

In post 295, Roo wrote: I'm giving intent now so we have enough time to hear from YellowSnow, and then any time needed for any potential counterclaims/discussion.
I think it’s a little unfair to cut off the sentence in the middle there.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:37 am

In post 275, YellowSnow wrote:Nope, I haven't had the time for it, you've avoided posting altogether for a good portion of day 1.
Hmm, would like to hear Roo's reply to this.
saint wrote:Like I said, I definitely have a town lean from Roo, and repeating my possible scum reads; I'm still not trusting DT and I definitely understand the wagon on Yellow, but I am hesitant to vote on him (Putting him at L-1 I believe) and
I would like to see more posts explaining some of his behavior like I've been pushed/trying to do.
What do you think of DT being a little more active during the end, does that change your read on him?

Why were you hesitant to vote on him?

bold part gives town vibes

saint wrote: Still no confident reads from Brass, but that's likely me being intimidated as a newer player and knowing that if he is town, he could be crucial for us later in the game.
Or, He could be scum. Your way of treating Brass's case is not going to help later in the game.
brass wrote:but also heavily implying he's scum reading me.
(about saint)
Can you quote the posts that imply that?
L84DNr wrote: I'm worried that he's just really bad at playing town.
(about yellow)
Does any of his posts give you that impression?
In post 301, Roo wrote:
In post 295, Roo wrote: I'm giving intent now so we have enough time to hear from YellowSnow, and then any time needed for any potential counterclaims/discussion.
It is just a little habit to get straight to the point and decrease the amount of walls. I did read the other part of the sentence, so let me ask the same question again.

How is you giving intent going to give us enough time to:

1. hear from YellowSnow
2. get potential counterclaims/discussion

Sorry if I messed up how I read your sentence grammatically, I'm not that fluent in English
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:44 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:(about saint)
Can you quote the posts that imply that?
You did right above it. I feel that's a pretty heavy implication of suspicion
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:49 am

In post 121, Roo wrote: YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
I don't get why would you give him null/
town
for that, instead of null/scum or null.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:54 am

Actually brass, what do you think of Roo's ? I think I'll be back to your , but right now I can't form my thoughts about it.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:00 am

Post by brassherald »

2 things, first, I cannot find the thread that explained why a misynchh is better than a no lynch. It has to do with when you are in MYLO and LYLO and keeping us at odd numbers and percentage chance for wins with purely random votes for town.

Second, I don't see anything too bad with 295. Intent to hammer is fine at any point in my opinion, if you are confident in your read. And it's not a quickhammer which would be anti town. What are you seeing wrong with it? Maybe a little LAMIST, but I really have to overthink it to find that
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Roo »

In post 304, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 121, Roo wrote: YellowSnow - lots of posts, not a lot of substance. Null/town read. Eyebrow definitely raised at not wanting to lynch the IC on day 1
I don't get why would you give him null/
town
for that, instead of null/scum or null.
At this point in the game this wasn't a strong read. Null/town seemed fair, null was out just because he was participating so there was some things to go off on. Maybe because of my concern with his IC comment it could have been null/scum but at this point in the game at post 120, either of those options really weren't that far away from each other. As the game progressed my read on him changed to be more likely to be scum.
In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 275, YellowSnow wrote:Nope, I haven't had the time for it, you've avoided posting altogether for a good portion of day 1.
Hmm, would like to hear Roo's reply to this.
I'm not exactly sure what you want me to respond to here. I will admit, as I said in that I had a couple busy days at work, and only was able to check in about once a day. I think if you look at my ISO that "avoiding posting altogether" is a bit of an overstatement. And I think as the game has progressed I have contributed substantive thoughts to the game. If YellowSnow still disagrees, there really isn't anything I can do about that.
In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 301, Roo wrote:
It is just a little habit to get straight to the point and decrease the amount of walls. I did read the other part of the sentence, so let me ask the same question again.

How is you giving intent going to give us enough time to:

1. hear from YellowSnow
2. get potential counterclaims/discussion

Sorry if I messed up how I read your sentence grammatically, I'm not that fluent in English
No need to apologize, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. By giving intent now I am trying to get YellowSnow to respond to the case against him. I have no problem lynching YellowSnow given the case against him. I'm trying to avoid a hypothetical situation where there is no intent given yet and we just wait around for YellowSnow to answer any of the questions directed towards him. Then someone gives intent with lets just say less than 24 hours left. Maybe YellowSnow would then claim a PR with 4 hours left, and there wouldn't be enough time for a potential counterclaim or discussion, and the end of the day ends in a bit of chaos/confusion.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:44 am

Post by L84Dnr »

How much will an RC be worth? The roles aren't certain so scum can claim most anything. The only way to even begin to disprove it would be a massclaim, which I'm thinking is a poor Day 1 strategy.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:17 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.15

hearthstone1235 (0) :
YellowSnow (4) : volxen, hearthstone1235, L84Dnr, brassherald
L84Dnr (0) :
DoubtingThomas (1) : SaintAngelDFE
Roo (1) : YellowSnow
SaintAngelDFE (2) : xwing, Roo
volxen (0) :
xwing (0) :
brassherald (1) : DoubtingThomas

not voting:

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- prodding YellowSnow
- nudging xwing (gauging intent to keep playing, not counted as a formal prod)
- DoubtingThomas will be replaced if he doesn't appear before (expired on 2019-01-28 10:30:00)
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- xwing is also coincidentally v/la this Monday
- brassherald v/la 4-9th February
- quack
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:36 am

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

In post 302, hearthstone1235 wrote:saint wrote:Like I said, I definitely have a town lean from Roo, and repeating my possible scum reads; I'm still not trusting DT and I definitely understand the wagon on Yellow, but I am hesitant to vote on him (Putting him at L-1 I believe) and
I would like to see more posts explaining some of his behavior like I've been pushed/trying to do.

What do you think of DT being a little more active during the end, does that change your read on him?

Why were you hesitant to vote on him? bold part gives town vibes

saint wrote:Still no confident reads from Brass, but that's likely me being intimidated as a newer player and knowing that if he is town, he could be crucial for us later in the game.

Or, He could be scum. Your way of treating Brass's case is not going to help later in the game.
My read on DT has changed, I'm looking at him as closer to null to null/town at this point, I'm definitely liking a bit of his content but still think the wall he posted using self-meta could have been a tell.

As for the vote on yellow - I by bringing up that I could put him at L-1 I was trying to add pressure without saying that I had intent to lynch, I think it's a good lynch but he definitely deserves time to defend himself like I was able to and I'm curious to see how it goes.

On to Brass. I saw another post asking how I would read him if he wasn't the IC. I think if me and brass were assumedly at a similar level of experience with just as many games played I would give him a null/town vibe, if not a little more in favor of town. He has been consistent with his posts, digging for information and doing his best to find as accurate a read as he can. I haven't particularly noticed any scum-tells or the like, so I would like to trust brass until I or someone else notices something significant enough to change my read on him.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:02 am

In post 306, brassherald wrote: Second, I don't see anything too bad with 295. Intent to hammer is fine at any point in my opinion, if you are confident in your read. And it's not a quickhammer which would be anti town. What are you seeing wrong with it? Maybe a little LAMIST, but I really have to overthink it to find that
Mainly that he seemed to want to push for claims. He asked for a roleclaim before YellowSnow defended himself. Though, I don't think this is a strong case because the deadline is approaching, it is unlikely that YellowSnow will not get lynched today (Which could change depending on his claim though) and because of:
By giving intent now I am trying to get YellowSnow to respond to the case against him. I have no problem lynching YellowSnow given the case against him. I'm trying to avoid a hypothetical situation where there is no intent given yet and we just wait around for YellowSnow to answer any of the questions directed towards him. Then someone gives intent with lets just say less than 24 hours left. Maybe YellowSnow would then claim a PR with 4 hours left, and there wouldn't be enough time for a potential counterclaim or discussion, and the end of the day ends in a bit of chaos/confusion.
Which makes sense.
In post 307, Roo wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you want me to respond to here. I will admit, as I said in that I had a couple busy days at work, and only was able to check in about once a day. I think if you look at my ISO that "avoiding posting altogether" is a bit of an overstatement. And I think as the game has progressed I have contributed substantive thoughts to the game. If YellowSnow still disagrees, there really isn't anything I can do about that.
I was trying to see your reaction to his post.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:53 am

Post by YellowSnow »

I don't care if I'm lynched. I'm pretty sure there is scum on my wagon so town wins either way. I'll get a reads list done tomorrow.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by the worst »

Seeking a replacement for DoubtingThomas.
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

In post 312, YellowSnow wrote:I don't care if I'm lynched. I'm pretty sure there is scum on my wagon so town wins either way. I'll get a reads list done tomorrow.
Assuming you
ARE
town (Which after this post I find it unlikely) please be sure to mention who on your wagon you believe to be scum specifically? This post is not what I would expect from a town player, honestly, especially when it's been stated by 6 people that a lynch on you is in sight.

If the scum are on your wagon that only really narrows it down to two players who aren't suspected. If you're town, why not try to talk yourself down at this point? I am confused.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

You don't think it's possible this is an I'll advised wagon?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

Because I don't defend myself against awful wagons.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 316, YellowSnow wrote:Because I don't defend myself against awful wagons.
This seems off compared to our last game. Didn't you ask me to defend myself against a bad wagon that hadn't even existed?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 313, the worst wrote:
Seeking a replacement for DoubtingThomas.
@mod do we get an extension of time to be 48 hours from the replacement in this case, or is that not standard?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by Roo »

Even if we assume for the sake of argument that this is an "awful wagon" and you're town, how does not defending yourself help the town find scum?
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 312, YellowSnow wrote:I don't care if I'm lynched. I'm pretty sure there is scum on my wagon so town wins either way. I'll get a reads list done tomorrow.
This isn't simply anti-town, it's anti-wincon no matter what you are. If you don't play to your wincon then it spoils the game for everybody. There's no fun in lynching a pair of obvscum or outwitting thunderingly stoopid townies. It's like doing those 25 piece puzzles they make for 4 year-olds.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

@The Worst

Will it help if we wait until DT's replacement arrives before lynching YellowSnow? I don't see any need to rush this and we can probably squeeze another n00b into Day 1.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm happy to set the phase timer to 48 hours at the time of the replacement.

If majority is reached prior to a replacement, I will find a replacement before night end.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 312, YellowSnow wrote:
I don't care if I'm lynched
. I'm pretty sure there is scum on my wagon so town wins either way. I'll get a reads list done tomorrow.

You really shouldn't be looking at things like this if you are town. In this setup, town can only afford to have two mislynches, and loses on the third mislynch. So if we mislynch you today, then that's already half of the mislynches we can have.

So if you are town, you should be defending yourself. Do you understand why people are scumreading you? There are several points/questions that have been brought up that you have not addressed. Four people are on your wagon, and Roo has given intent to hammer. Out of these five players, at least three of them are town. So why not try to appeal to and work with the townies on your wagon?

A readlist is fine, but you need to address everything that has been brought up about you.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I'm being scumread because I'm busy and don't have the same amount of time everyone else has evidently. Also I was signed up for a game I didn't intend to sign up for.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”