Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Implosion

In post 598, implosion wrote:Re: redtea's recent posting. She has a strong tendency to say things that aren't actually meaningful analysis or reads, just speculation. speculating about partner tells, calling it too obvious, and then not really concluding with anything meaningful. The third party stuff that fits in with her being scum who is looking for things to say without real reads and reasoning behind them.

Her current vote is vanity on A50, and she hasn't discussed the other leading wagon (Robert) at all. She says things like Elbirn's read on me "a little surprising to throw out there", , speculating about the neighborhood. She loosely implies a possible scumread on me but doesn't
really
commit to it; she speculates about A50's role and here actually does take a stance eventually voting him, but for being possibly third party? And she talks about how she'd play if she were in the neighborhood, and speculates that there's probably scum in it, but never actually calls anyone scum or anyone's actions scummy.
In post 599, implosion wrote:Re: Varsoon. I think Varsoon is frequently being defensive in a scummy way; defensiveness isn't a tell per se, but the way he's acting defensive is scummy.

First off, of course, there's the stuff around votelessness. is essentially not purely defensive, but dismissive; it's dismissive of other peoples' ability to question him. I think that town who sees that people are asking questions that amount to rolefishing might point this out and maybe even call people scum for it, but he seems really irritated by it. I think town is probably content in knowing that they're just not going to answer the questions and wouldn't really care that they're being pestered because they know they're never going to answer any questions that don't need answering, but that scum who's setting up some fakeclaim has good reason to be annoyed at people trying to ask more questions about his role. His defensiveness in to me similarly is very irritated. I think town could certainly misconstrue the argument I'm making in this way, but to immediately jump from it being a bad stance to when his previous read on me was "implosion exists?" is just not a town trajectory for the read. Saying that he thinks my response is scummy and then saying that I give him bad "vibes" is also really weird. It feels like he thinks my argument is bad and wants to call me scum for it, but doesn't think he can get away with calling me scum for the argument itself.

This might be rambly.
I like the words you're saying here, but can you give me a definitive stance on RedTea? Because reading it the first time I thought you were trying to say "RedTea is just like this, it's how she is, she has a tendency to say things that aren't actually meaningful blabla" which I took as some metaread or saying she's NAI or something or other, but then you keep going and seem to be pointing out obviously scummy things. My reading comprehension isn't helping me right now, what do you read RedTea as right now?

As for Varsoon, I like that you think the things you're thinking, but he's also a defensive aggressive sort and he just.. does things like this. Earlier I said I always scumread Varsoon? He always plays scummy and I never know what to do with it. But him throwing a fit over people questioning him is what I would expect from Varsoon regardless of alignment. I think if he's scum here, it's not because of his defensiveness. There might be a case to be made that he went about revealing his role in a scummy way, idk if he's town varsoon going for transparency or scum varsoon going for brownie points, cuz he could have easily PM'd the mod about the vote counts instead of making a show out of it. It seemed done in a way to look like he's being a goodboi, but he basically, if town, let scum know that he's a PR. Why?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 am

Post by Elbirn »

@McQueen

In post 423, mcqueen wrote:VOTE: Elbirn
In post 449, mcqueen wrote:I guess I’m overexaggerated how ‘blind’ I thought I was being; I agreed with Chara’s push of you earlier. I felt enough time had past that if I came in and made a vote paired with nothing else, you’d at least make mention of it.

The same with Elbirn, but it seems they haven’t been back since my vote. I still need to finish reading the lat couple pages, but from what I did read, I didn’t think he was scum. My vote on him was a reaction to sorting me as “I’m uncomfortable and he doesn’t like me” and I wanted his (counter?) reaction to me placing a vote on him.
Uhm...Glad I could help?
Voting a not-scumread isn't a tactic of mine so it strikes me as odd that you did this. What did you expect me to do in response?
In post 497, mcqueen wrote:
In post 441, BrightEyedFish wrote:According to my own personal stats elbrin is scum for being the 3rd person on the redtea wagon and I TR redtea, so...

VOTE: Elbrin
Anyone else find this vote weird?
In that BEF has me as his top scumread but for not any real reason to do with me, only for my voting his townread? Yeah it's something.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

VC 1.17
[4] Robert2424:
Papa Zito, Persivul, Chara, Enter
[3] redtea:
skitter30, implosion, Elbirn
[1] Elbirn:
BrightEyedFish
[1] skitter30:
Almost50
[1] Almost50:
redtea
[1] BrightEyedFish:
mcqueen
[1] mcqueen:
Robert2424

[1] Not Voting:
Varsoon

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-01 18:00:00)

Spoiler:
Eric Berger: Can someone please explain to me why there's a delay with my parcel?

Ash Lasair: Sorry, Dr. Berger. The system shut down. Some kind of failsafe trigger. We're working on it.

Eric Berger: That parcel is extremely sensitive. I need it in Psychotronics right away.

Ash Lasair: I have a crew investigating the point of the failure on our side as we speak. ETA is probably a few hours.

Eric Berger: A few hours? Isn't there anything else you can do?

Ash Lasair: No. But, since you have some time, you could call Mr. Yu and ask him for permission to reboot the entire space station. That would fix the problem immediately.

Eric Berger: That would be ridiculous.

Ash Lasair: Well, since being ridiculous is off the table, I'm afraid you're just going to have to wait.

Eric Berger: Maybe I'll check into it myself... I've trained for microgravity.

Ash Lasair: Knock yourself out.
Last edited by Xtoxm on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Skitter

In post 432, skitter30 wrote: hi elbirn!

i think you might be town
why are you townreading papa zito?
After a reread I'm a little bit more lukewarm on that read then I was when I wanted to gung-ho show up in the game with oodles of content but uh
I like his position re:Enter, and I townread his tone, he comes across as relaxed and easygoing whereas I expect scum to have a bit of stiff/awkwardness to their postings.

That said I don't really get the confidence on his Robert push, and I uhh...Guess we'll see where that goes. Idk what he's doing.
In post 565, skitter30 wrote: actually never mind about persivul for now, is pretty townie
In post 586, skitter30 wrote:i think is fairly townie

==
In post 576, Robert2424 wrote:So why is there a wagon on RedTea after I'm no long on him....?
i don't understand this question or what this is a reference too

==
In post 583, Varsoon wrote:Tone.
his tone is at best nai, if not actually scummy
Please continue to have the best hot-takes, Skitter, you're doing great
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 627, Xtoxm wrote:mimic
I caught one!

(Sorry if I stole your pagetop via rapid fire multi tabbing postings I'll chill)

Good Work! (You did but it's ok :lol:)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Where's my @
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

@RedTea

In post 420, redtea wrote:I was hoping to comment this earlier but, the repeated mentioning of a third party was mostly an "open to possibilities" thing that I only took into serious consideration trying to get a read on a50. By that point I'd already brought it up a few times, so it does feel like I'm repeating myself.
Of course mentioning this doesn't change my standing.

Sorry for the nothing post, I'll have to come back to all this later today.
@Elbirn I understand the Chara read but could you explain implosion a bit?
1. HaH your post is the weed number

2. I'd like to ask what makes your mindset go towards A50 being a likely candidate for 3P as opposed to scum though. Why is your initial instinct not "scum", but "3P"? That's the part that bothers me. You can be open to the possibility of him being 3P, but why does that matter? Would you read 3P differently from scum, or what?

3. Reading back again I'm pretty sure I felt good about Implosion almost entirely because of how often he tells Enter off. Example:
In post 271, implosion wrote:
In post 270, Enter wrote:
In post 268, Chara wrote:didn't you just say you were thinking there's a good chance the hood is all town? i know that's an obvious question, but.
Yes, but

there are two ways to approach this:
1. Lynch outside hood to see if it comes up red (if so, and we can draw conclusions that the other is red, then inside is green)
2. Lynch scummiest inside hood to see if it comes up green (if two people come up green in hood, it's p safe to say the rest are green, IMO)

Sure this is a brave stance to take, but hey, I like to take chances.
3. don't make assumptions for no reason?
He eyerolls and snarks about the same posts I did while initially reading
I like eyerolls and snarks.

And aside from that, since then I've liked his stances on RedTea/Varsoon. His is...Actually there's a few reads I don't agree with here. He needs to pump up the jams on his read strength for Chara and Skitter, and Enter and BEF should not be "really really town". Hm.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 630, Papa Zito wrote:Where's my @
We can work together and make one up right now!

@Papa Zito

Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thanks for eliminating any doubts I had about your alignment, Elbirn.

Also-also, friendly reminder we have less than 3 days to get a majority lynch.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 632, Elbirn wrote:
In post 630, Papa Zito wrote:Where's my @
We can work together and make one up right now!

@Papa Zito

Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz

Elbirn why do you have to pluck the words from my
soul

I wish I could be this articulate right now
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 632, Elbirn wrote:Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz
You mean you didn't have an @ for me?

:(

I kinda answered this on the previous page:
In post 615, Papa Zito wrote:There's nothing gut about it. Show me one redeeming post from that slot. One nugget that promotes a town agenda.
I can expand on this, I suppose.

1. This slot has not engaged with the game in any meaningful way whatsoever.
2. This slot has not provided any information to the game whatsoever.
3. This slot has dodged attempts to make it do 1 or 2.

You could simply chalk that up standard Vi play sure, but let me ask you this: When this pattern repeats on Day 2, what will you do about it? Day 3? Day 4? How excited will you be to stand next to Robert in Lylo? Because I guarantee you, if this guy does happen to be town, he'll be there.
Kappa
Just Monika
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Chara »

unpopular opinion, but i agree with Zito on that. i don't consider it policy because to me, failure to be town is the same as being scummy.
but i'm reconsidering my preference of Robert over redtea. i thought imp's posts on the subject were good.

also echoing that Varsoon is extremely reactive as town too and that i'm reconsidering the scumread there based on how he's played this day. so i'll see what he does going into day 2.
sorry for the lukewarm post. i'm playing kingdom hearts. you should understand that this momentous occasion takes precedence.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Enter

Spoiler:
In post 429, Enter wrote: But whatever. I don't think it's playstyle I think we're aligned differently. Also if you read me from earlier, the only reason I said not to vote you was cuz your slot wasn't active, and now your slot is active, so I don't feel bad putting my vote on you. Especially because you keep reading the wrong people as town.

Still, if you would explain why you think Implosion is town, I'd be a big fan of you doing that, because I don't necessarily see what he's done at all.
In post 439, Enter wrote:
1. the 3p thing has been mentioned by implosion already (and i maybe did too? i definitely noticed ti but id on't remember if i explicitly brought it up)
Ouch. I must have missed that.
2. i don't know why you're not scumreading and/or voting me for voting redtea when i'm also pushing her and brought up the verbose/not-actually-saying-anything point like eight pages ago
Couple things:
1. It's the style of response, his is p matter-of-fact, he says she's scum. Yours read like it was pushing reads. I want people to push reads and sort people, because I'm almost certain you'll reach similar conclusions to me on most things.
2. His reads list... I almost completely disagree with at a couple p monumental points (P zito, implosion, myself, readtea, persivul, and BEF isn't even on the list) and I don't see good reasons for him to be taking the stances he does => his reads seem made up to me.
was ISOing Zito and i can't remember if Enter replied to 301. if not, i'd like to see that.
Literally the post below it.
In post 460, Enter wrote:UNVOTE:

I was actually really mistake. I thought Elbirn was replacing Robert2424.

I still don't like his reads list/explanations, but I'm not going to call him scum off that alone for the time being.

VOTE: chara
Let's go back here.
In post 475, Enter wrote:Didnt' realize deadline was so close. I'm down for BEF or Elbirn. Don't wanna lynch redtea.

VOTE: Elbirn
In post 481, Enter wrote:Alright my reads:

Town:
Redtea
mcqueen
Varsoon
Skitter

Townish:
Papa Zito

Nullish:
Robert2424
Imp
A50

Scummish:
Elbirn
Chara
Persivul
In post 482, Enter wrote:I need to pay more attention when I'm playing this game.

Chara is nullish. I would read her as town, but I don't like the Jazz around the minhyu vote.

BEF is the person who belongs down by Elbirn and persivul. I'm also ok w/ Robert2424 lynch, (he's been kinda scummy recently) but I really don't like lynching lurkers day one.

I smell inconsistency.

Did you forget that I didn't replace Robert, or did you not actually stop scumread me when you unvoted me in post ? I'm bothered that you went from declaring your scumread a mistake and wanting to give me room, back to me being scum again as if you forgot you made that post.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Chara »

In post 611, Almost50 wrote:I can understand Chara's skepticism of me though. Even
inside our own hydra PT
they sometimes get confused as to what I'm doing. It's a matter of playing styles differences. Ironically, I believe that's one major reason why our hydra works just fine. Two people who play totally different from each other, so even inside the hydra PT we are having fun debating our play, reads and what not. :lol:
unfortunately, i can confirm this. but it's all in good fun!

and i can also say i completely understand your skitter townread. the meta isn't so clear cut for me but i don't see any signs of skitter trying to deep wolf or that she's anything but relaxed right now.

what's your read on me? if it's town, you can go ahead and take mcqueen out of your lynchpool. :> and no, it's not gut, but i don't feel like going into a longwinded explanation when he's in no danger of being lynched.
but more concerned with how you're reading me here and why.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 635, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 632, Elbirn wrote:Why the Robert scumread? I feel as though he's about to be the low-content, low-charisma, "Who is this guy again, oh shit deadline we need a lynch uhhh byebye" Day 1 obligatory mislynch. I don't see content worth scumreading, he's just sortofhere. Share your vision with me bbz
You mean you didn't have an @ for me?

:(

I kinda answered this on the previous page:
In post 615, Papa Zito wrote:There's nothing gut about it. Show me one redeeming post from that slot. One nugget that promotes a town agenda.
I can expand on this, I suppose.

1. This slot has not engaged with the game in any meaningful way whatsoever.

You could simply chalk that up standard Vi play sure, but let me ask you this: When this pattern repeats on Day 2, what will you do about it? Day 3? Day 4? How excited will you be to stand next to Robert in Lylo? Because I guarantee you, if this guy does happen to be town, he'll be there.
In post 636, Chara wrote:unpopular opinion, but i agree with Zito on that. i don't consider it policy because to me, failure to be town is the same as being scummy.
but i'm reconsidering my preference of Robert over redtea. i thought imp's posts on the subject were good.

also echoing that Varsoon is extremely reactive as town too and that i'm reconsidering the scumread there based on how he's played this day. so i'll see what he does going into day 2.
sorry for the lukewarm post. i'm playing kingdom hearts. you should understand that this momentous occasion takes precedence.
I did read you post that on the previous page, Zito, I guess I was just hoping for something different for me to chew on. Because herein lies my problem, I don't hold to the idea that a lack of townliness is the presence of scumliness. Voting for Robert here isn't a vote for scum so much as it is voting to punish someone for playing poorly, and I have no confidence that that leads to a lynch on scum. Like yeah, you caught me, given the way he's played thus far I don't want to be with him in LYLO, but I also don't see how that translates into him being worth a lynch, because to me the only people worth a lynch are people I think are scum. And you just double downed on there not being a reason to think he's scum.

(Dear Chara I hope you enjoy your videogame time)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:59 am

Post by Chara »

oh and skitter: yes, it's
partially
because of the game that just finished, the only thing i was paying full attention to was the scumteam.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Elbirn »

I think I basically want RedTea or Enter gone today

There are people who townread them and I would love to be spoonfed on why that is, literally ELI5, especially Enter because he's my bizarro world twin opposite so far
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 am

Post by Chara »

In post 639, Elbirn wrote:Voting for Robert here isn't a vote for scum so much as it is voting to punish someone for playing poorly, and I have no confidence that that leads to a lynch on scum. Like yeah, you caught me, given the way he's played thus far I don't want to be with him in LYLO, but I also don't see how that translates into him being worth a lynch, because to me the only people worth a lynch are people I think are scum. And you just double downed on there not being a reason to think he's scum.

(Dear Chara I hope you enjoy your videogame time)
i think it's possible to play 'poorly' (subjectively) while still looking town, which is why i'm comfortable making the distinction. and yes, that isn't to say i think Robert is a bad player, but i do think he's being unclear.
VOTE: redtea
i meant to do that earlier.

(thank you Elbirn. <3)

pedit: Enter is an example of the play i dislike but find sort of towny. the contradiction in the read on you is something i didn't notice, however, and i'd like to see what he has to say.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 597, Chara wrote:skitter: i thought i said why already, if not it's because of how your reads seem to be forming really organically. i was prepared to be extremely paranoid of you but instead i'm mostly confident you're just town. i've liked your takes as well, for the most part.
yeah i guess i'm kinda wondering what happened to the paranoia given coalition and the fact that you backup modded that game (which i forgot about it till last night)
like i guess i haven't played enough with you to know whether the default is 'paranoid of me' - like i don't know if town!you *would* be paranoid, but i also don't know if you wouldn't

but last night i remembered that the last time we were tvt we were mutually paranoid so i guess i'm just wondering why that didn't happen here

also i guess if you were scum who was townreading me for being paranoid of you based on coalition you probably would try to approach me the same way town!you did in coaltion? ie since you were paranoid there scum!you would try to tap into that here? so the lack of it is kinda townie?

idk how well i explained that really, sorry; i don't really know if i have a conclusion on this, just kinda rambling through of my misgivings
In post 640, Chara wrote:oh and skitter: yes, it's
partially
because of the game that just finished, the only thing i was paying full attention to was the scumteam.
yeah i guess if you see a big enough difference in my play here from there that explains it

==
In post 598, implosion wrote:She has a strong tendency to say things that aren't actually meaningful analysis or reads, just speculation
oh this puts into words what i was trying to say about redtea's posting, i couldn't figure out how to articulate what was bothering me but it's just this ^^^^ there's a lot of speculation, and not much conclusion, engagement, or actionable thought

i'm also really confused by the general lack of resistance ot the wagon given that only like ~2 people have stated townreads on her?

==
In post 603, Varsoon wrote:I don't think that failure to have conviction is a scum tell either, so I don't understand how you can find your stance re: Red Tea defensible.
If anything, Day 1 aimlessness is a trait I associate with town.
:igmeou:

i mean sometimes? but the way she's behaving doesn't really feel like that aimlessness that comes from town trying to sort a pl and figure out their place in the gamestate

like it just feels like she doesn't know what to say

==

@papa zito
i don't know why your'e pushing robert rn actually? or why you think his behavior is scummy? i can see why it might come across as inane or clueless or cog-dis-y but like i'm not sure why you think he's scum here honestly? or why you're pushing him so strongly over it?

also happy birthday!
lack of towniness != scummy and i think it's kinda fallacious to push someone on that basis
In post 636, Chara wrote:unpopular opinion, but i agree with Zito on that. i don't consider it policy because to me, failure to be town is the same as being scummy.
i don't; i think lumping 'failure to be town' together with 'being scummy' is dangerous and facilitates mislynches
In post 635, Papa Zito wrote:1. This slot has not engaged with the game in any meaningful way whatsoever.
i don't think any of this is inherently scum indicative honestly
not actively sorting thhe pl, sure, but i've seen a lot of town players be like this so :shrug: it's not an inherently scummy trait

no, i don't want him around in lylo
yes, i much much prefer robert over a no lynch and i'd switch at deadline
but he isn't my preferred lynch and i can remain skeptical about the motivations of the people pushing this wagon and how this wagon is forming at the same time as not wanting him around in lylo and recognizing the inevitability of his probable lynch

==
In post 605, Almost50 wrote:Ok, since "that game" is over, I can now declare skitter as a confident TR of mine. As annoying to me as she might be in this game, she has proven that she can't post like this as scum. :lol:
yeah so like basically this should have been a thing like late last week or so? i know you know how to tell the difference between my town game and scum game so i was kinda confused why you wouldn't answer a straight-up question as to whether or not you were townreading me because while i wasn't really expecting reasoning given ongoing games, i was expecting a townread; i'm not sure why you've been vote-parking me really given that context either

also like was really really really confusing given the timing? since that post was fake and pre-arranged basically i couldn't tell where you were going with this one so i kinda dropped it but yeah
In post 607, Almost50 wrote:And you should know better. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. (I -of course- won't tell you what to look for. At least not until I can mimic my scum play as Town in this very aspect).
i don't know if you feel scummy any more; parts of what you've said this morning feel kinda townie for you actually
i'm kinda confused a bit tbh and i might just let this sit till like tomorrow and try again then? idk

==

elbirn is like really townie
this also put into words like exactly why the robert push feels kinda :/
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

sorry, long post is long
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Enter »

Sorry I realize I've been inconsistent as crap, but I'm dealing with a couple mechanics I'm really not used to and it doesn't help that this game state is very... strange.

@Elbirn
No I did make a mistake and thought you replaced Robert. I still thought your post was scummy, but the fact that you replaced Minhyu made me think you should get a bit more of a chance. You didn't rectify it to the degree that I desired, hence, I continue to scumread you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Chara »

In post 643, skitter30 wrote:yeah i guess i'm kinda wondering what happened to the paranoia given coalition and the fact that you backup modded that game (which i forgot about it till last night)
like i guess i haven't played enough with you to know whether the default is 'paranoid of me' - like i don't know if town!you *would* be paranoid, but i also don't know if you wouldn't
i mean, if i was just automatically paranoid of you a second time in spite of seeing a lot of your townplay in coalition, it'd mean i wasn't trying to improve my play or improve on how to read you. i was wary of your scumgame and your play seemed very "perfect", but i can see now that that's how town skitter behaves so now i'm able to focus on other things.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 636, Chara wrote:i'm playing kingdom hearts. you should understand that this momentous occasion takes precedence.
I'm jealous. How is it?
In post 639, Elbirn wrote:Because herein lies my problem, I don't hold to the idea that a lack of townliness is the presence of scumliness. Voting for Robert here isn't a vote for scum so much as it is voting to punish someone for playing poorly, and I have no confidence that that leads to a lynch on scum.
What's your plan to get that slot sorted?
In post 643, skitter30 wrote:words
Thanks for repeating everything Elbirn said I guess.
Kappa
Just Monika
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 646, Chara wrote:
In post 643, skitter30 wrote:yeah i guess i'm kinda wondering what happened to the paranoia given coalition and the fact that you backup modded that game (which i forgot about it till last night)
i mean, if i was just automatically paranoid of you a second time in spite of seeing a lot of your townplay in coalition, it'd mean i wasn't trying to improve my play or improve on how to read you. i was wary of your scumgame and your play seemed very "perfect", but i can see now that that's how town skitter behaves so now i'm able to focus on other things.
fair enough, fair enough
In post 647, Papa Zito wrote:Thanks for repeating everything Elbirn said I guess.
yeah he kinda got to what i wanted to say before i said it
and then i saw that he said it already so i just kept it in
Show
Hiatus once more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 638, Chara wrote:what's your read on me? if it's town, you can go ahead and take mcqueen out of your lynchpool. :> and no, it's not gut, but i don't feel like going into a longwinded explanation when he's in no danger of being lynched.
but more concerned with how you're reading me here and why.
You were conf!town to me the minute you claimed Ascetic + Hated. Knowing you, you don't fake claim much, and even if you tried to; you wouldn't go that far as scum, especially since both modifiers could be tested/verified, so I believe your claim. Now what mod makes scum "hated"??

If course, your play did help cement that read, but I'm telling you when it started and why. You were my first read of the game, actually.

As for mcqueen, I trust your reads only when we hydra, but I can't assume you're spot on without knowing the reason(s) behind that read. (Now I'm not asking you to out your reasoning now, but I refer you to 2 examples where I know you continuously get confused: Myself and MariaR) :wink:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”