Newbie 1914 | Stuff I Found Online Viii | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 174, YellowSnow wrote:Just trying to not be mysterious, you know...
I’m fake mysterious. It’s almost jokey.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 151, Birdy wrote:It's not that maintaining your vote on someone you voted in RVS is scummy. It's that he only started "actually" scumreading him once Egix placed Overkill at L-2, i.e. when it became the first major wagon of the game. This seems to me like scum going for an easy D1 lynch. The fact that it was his RVS vote is more or less irrelevant; it's that it became a serious vote after overkill became an easier target. Essentially I'm doubting that GrandWazoo's reasons for voting Overkill are town-aligned.
So my vote only became "serious"
after
somebody else voted Overkil1? Seems to me your beef is with Egix, though putting someone at L-2 is hardly "going for an easy lynch." I don't really pay attention to wagons until they hit L-1.

I've already explained my motivations for voting Overkil1 and they weren't random.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 148, Roo wrote:
In post 145, GrandWazoo wrote: @Roo: Nope. Just kicking over a hornets nest and seeing what flies out. Could be useful later, even if it doesn't seem so right now.
I get that it is early in the game and we're trying to gather information. But don't you think is a bit of a
misrepresentation
? At least in regard to "tbf" which is only in and talks about dogs and cats?
I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
In post 149, RCEnigma wrote:None of this argument is going to be relevant later.
In post 155, RCEnigma wrote:If overkill flipped scum and I take the tbf/tbh thing into consideration then Grandwazoo is probably scum there too.
So is it relevant or isn't it? And if Overkil1 was my scumbuddy, wouldn't my actions be like the worst distancing tactic ever?
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 177, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 148, Roo wrote:
In post 145, GrandWazoo wrote: @Roo: Nope. Just kicking over a hornets nest and seeing what flies out. Could be useful later, even if it doesn't seem so right now.
I get that it is early in the game and we're trying to gather information. But don't you think is a bit of a
misrepresentation
I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
In post 149, RCEnigma wrote:None of this argument is going to be relevant later.
In post 155, RCEnigma wrote:If overkill flipped scum and I take the tbf/tbh thing into consideration then Grandwazoo is probably scum there too.
So is it relevant or isn't it? And if Overkil1 was my scumbuddy, wouldn't my actions be like the worst distancing tactic ever?
why would it be the worst distancing ever?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 148, Roo wrote:
misrepresentation
It's not, but continuing to press the issue is relevant. Point is, is not worth basing a case on. It's unfortunate because I think the push on you has scum hiding in it.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 177, GrandWazoo wrote:I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
You aren't really addressing my point. When you look at Overkill's ISO, he said "tbf" one time and lumping it into your post saying that Overkill used "tbh" was very misleading in my opinion, it wasn't just an exaggeration. Additionally, in general I'm not even sure how helpful this information would be, so adding in misleading information makes me think you are scummy. The only defense you are giving me is this generate discussion line, which feels thin.

VOTE: GrandWazoo
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 179, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 148, Roo wrote:
misrepresentation
It's not, but continuing to press the issue is relevant. Point is, is not worth basing a case on. It's unfortunate because I think the push on you has scum hiding in it.
What makes this not relevant?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

It's a silly discussion giving scum leeway.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.07“A pernicious excitement to learn and play chess has spread all over the country, and numerous clubs for practicing this game have been formed in cities and villages…chess is a mere amusement of a very inferior character, which robs the mind of valuable time that might be devoted to nobler acquirements … they require out-door exercises–not this sort of mental gladiatorship.”

Scientific American
July, 1858

2500 years of people complaining about the younger generation. Show this to the next person who complains about Millenials even though Millenials are coming up on 40 now.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

GrandWazoo
(3): YellowSnow, Birdy, Roo
Roo
(2): 0verki11, CatStar
0verki11
(2): GrandWazoo, Egix96
CatStar
(1): RCEnigma

Not Voting
(1): Flavor Leaf

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-02-04 07:10:00).

Mod notes:
Keep it fun!
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:10 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 179, RCEnigma wrote:It's not, but continuing to press the issue is relevant. Point is, is not worth basing a case on. It's unfortunate because I think the
push on you has scum hiding in it
For this very reason I believe it's a beneficial development for town.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:00 am

Post by RCEnigma »

That's not directly related to the argument you made.
Birdy
Birdy
Townie
Birdy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Birdy »

In post 175, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 174, YellowSnow wrote:Just trying to not be mysterious, you know...
I’m fake mysterious. It’s almost jokey.
That's what
truly
mysterious people want us to believe...
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 179, RCEnigma wrote:It's unfortunate because I think the push on you has scum hiding in it.
Aaaand what happens right afterwards?
In post 180, Roo wrote:
In post 177, GrandWazoo wrote:I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
You aren't really addressing my point. When you look at Overkill's ISO, he said "tbf" one time and lumping it into your post saying that Overkill used "tbh" was very misleading in my opinion, it wasn't just an exaggeration. Additionally, in general I'm not even sure how helpful this information would be, so adding in misleading information makes me think you are scummy. The only defense you are giving me is this generate discussion line, which feels thin.

You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Roo
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Why not vote me? I'm the one that started the GW wagon.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Roo »

In post 187, Egix96 wrote:
In post 179, RCEnigma wrote:It's unfortunate because I think the push on you has scum hiding in it.
In post 180, Roo wrote:

You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.

UNVOTE:

Could you explain your reasoning a little more?

Also why bring Enigma into this? How does him agreeing or not agreeing effect your read on the situation?
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:27 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

This game has ground to a halt again. Hella busy weekend so won't be around much before DL. If we can't lynch Over I'm OK with Roo.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:50 am

Post by CatStar »

@RCEenigma: I agree with your reasoning about the overki11 wagon, who do you think is scum on it?

I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 188, YellowSnow wrote:Why not vote me? I'm the one that started the GW wagon.
You and Birdy are still null reads for me, whereas Roo I already had a scumlean on due to the issue I pointed out with .
In post 189, Roo wrote:
In post 187, Egix96 wrote:
In post 180, Roo wrote:

UNVOTE:

Could you explain your reasoning a little more?

Also why bring Enigma into this? How does him agreeing or not agreeing effect your read on the situation?
My line of thinking was that Enigma wouldn't be willing to vote Wazoo, because why would he vote someone who he thought was being pushed by scum? That would make no sense.
As for that last question, I don't feel it would yet be a good idea to answer it, seeing as Enigma hasn't yet responded since my previous post. I wouldn't want to give a potential scum!Enigma any ideas as to what I would expect him to say.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:34 am

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 190, GrandWazoo wrote:This game has ground to a halt again. Hella busy weekend so won't be around much before DL. If we can't lynch Over I'm OK with Roo.
yes the wagon led by your top scumread is the wagon you want to join.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 191, CatStar wrote:@RCEenigma: I agree with your reasoning about the overki11 wagon, who do you think is scum on it?

I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.
One of Roo or Yellow, both ping me in different ways. I will say that in yellows case it isn't necessarily them, but how people have played around him. If that makes sense.

Outside of that, Egix isn't on the wagon but I think a scum case could be made there too. His last post comes off weird in the end and I keep rereading it. They don't scumread me or they wouldn't piggyback off my read. So why veil your thought process in case I'm scum? I dunno just seems like a weird disconnect.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 193, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 190, GrandWazoo wrote:This game has ground to a halt again. Hella busy weekend so won't be around much before DL. If we can't lynch Over I'm OK with Roo.
Just being pragmatic here. Somebody needs to be strung up.

Your Roo vote was back on P1 and you've barely mentioned it since. Give me a reason other than the lamist post.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 195, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 193, 0verki11 wrote:
Just being pragmatic here. Somebody needs to be strung up.

Your Roo vote was back on P1 and you've barely mentioned it since. Give me a reason other than the lamist post.
firstly I really only need 1 reason to scumread anyone, and stick to it.
Secondly I might post a wall or something later sometime in the next 24 hours.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

That's assuming town can't be scummy, which they can.
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 197, RCEnigma wrote:That's assuming town can't be scummy, which they can.
but then whats the point in scumreading? Or a d1 lynch? Theres always the chance of it being scummy town but if we never lynch we always lose.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm saying 1 weak point doesn't cut it. That's not scumhunting to me, that's being lazy.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”