Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Chara »

i like "lack of towniness" pushes but they're only good in the absence of someone scummier and with the presence of a solid PoE of townreads. if we're playing the comparison game redtea wins every time. if someone has a good towncase for her (my fault if i missed it, i did skim) i'd appreciate being directed to it.

Zito's towncase for redtea also applies to Robert continuing to vanity vote mcqueen, so i don't see why redtea is townier for that.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Chara »

In post 774, Enter wrote:Also I refuse to allow a redtea push as much as it is in my power, because she is my strongest town read.
and this is why you're townish, and also why i don't think our conversation is going to get anybody anywhere, as i really disagree on redtea being a strong townread.

i also hard disagree on Robert not being emotional. if you don't see it there's nothing i can do.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

based on what redtea's said in this thread i don't see how she's garnering townreads rn
i don't know what she's said in the pt because i'm not in it so i can't really use that as a basis for figuring out who to lynch today
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Chara »

would it be better if i clarified that by emotional i don't mean he's screaming at anyone, i mean that i can see a human with opinions and attitude that is just posting those things.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Enter »

In post 776, Chara wrote:
In post 774, Enter wrote:Also I refuse to allow a redtea push as much as it is in my power, because she is my strongest town read.
and this is why you're townish, and also why i don't think our conversation is going to get anybody anywhere, as i really disagree on redtea being a strong townread.

i also hard disagree on Robert not being emotional. if you don't see it there's nothing i can do.
Yeah, alright. :/
In post 778, Chara wrote:would it be better if i clarified that by emotional i don't mean he's screaming at anyone, i mean that i can see a human with opinions and attitude that is just posting those things.
I'm bad with emotions so that should be noted, but yes, this helps? I don't disagree as strongly, I guess.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 am

Post by Chara »

Enter's back in my townlist.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:21 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 772, Chara wrote:
In post 770, Papa Zito wrote:Can you give me the redtea case in your own words please?
not a townread, and lower than a nullread. counter to a wagon i think is town. soft stances that don't commit and soft support of the Robert wagon.
So "counter to a wagon i think is town" and "soft support of the Robert wagon" both depend on the alignment of an unflipped player with no investigation. These are completely invalid.

"Soft stances that don't commit" is Robert's bread and butter:
In post 668, Robert2424 wrote:I mainly have 3 town reads atm. Implosion, a slight A50 town read, only cause he is half crazy, and elbirn.

BEF is mainly null, along with skitter and Redtea. Chara is also hard to read earleir I would of said town but I can't commit to it anymore. So she moves back down to null though if I had to go by gut, if I had to take a stance, very slight scum.

Enter is slight scum read for over eagerness. Papa for not paying attention, and mcqueen for policy and mainly spamming.

Varsoon is to hard to read to say any read on, in one sense I've found his posts a bit more helpful but at the same time I feel our reads are entirely different and wondering if maybe his posting is messing with me like A50 dose.
Is that seriously it?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:23 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 773, skitter30 wrote:but if he's town you've basically spent the last few days corraling votes onto lynchbait who didn't actually do anything scummy while contributing to the resistance of a wagon on someone who actually *has* been scummy; i said this already but i find pushing someone day1 for 'lack of towniness' (ie as opposed to pushing someone for being actively scummy) to be incredibly suspect and how scum garner mislynches

so how i read you is kinda flip-dependant
fascinating
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Chara »

In post 781, Papa Zito wrote:So "counter to a wagon i think is town" and "soft support of the Robert wagon" both depend on the alignment of an unflipped player with no investigation. These are completely invalid.
we have two options for lynch and less than 24 hours. are you suggesting i should be voting Robert, who i townread, instead of redtea?
"soft support" is completely valid because it's not committing to the Robert scumread.

considering your own reason for lynching Robert is "not being town", are you in any position to be saying 'is that really it'?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 am

Post by Chara »

i'm trying not to be immediately dismissive but i'm not seeing how your reason for townreading redtea doesn't also apply to Robert. neither of them are scumreading each other, but redtea is actually being more supportive of her counterwagon's existence than Robert, who doesn't seem to care, so i don't know why you townread redtea for it exclusively.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Chara »

oh and i'd missed your question. kingdom hearts iii is amazing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

I always felt like combat in kingdom hearts was super janky
and I'm not really a disney fan and
The anime stuff is kinda convoluted and not really appealing to me
Aint my game sadly
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 725, Papa Zito wrote:1. redtea sees she is the leading wagon
2. redtea sees a counterwagon on Robert
3. redtea sees that deadline is very close
4. redtea sees several players off wagon claiming they will hammer at deadline
5. Therefore, redtea comes up with the perfect plan of starting a new wagon, and then promptly fails to push it, ensuring it will fail.
6. After noting that she thought the wagon wasn't actually new, she leaves her vote there anyway.

And these are the moves of a scum player seeking a townie mislynch/her own survival. Is that correct?
I don't think this argument holds water. I think starting a new wagon in that situation is poor play as scum; I also think it's poor play as town. I think that a lack of survivalism is a towntell in the context where someone is doing something that will actively draw ire where there was none to begin with, e.g., someone near the middle of peoples' reads suddenly and aggressively tunnels a consensus townread. But this is not that. redtea voting a vanity wagon makes plenty of sense as scum who is demotivated to really engage with the game after being wagoned.

Robert's mcqueen vote is a much better example of something that has much less scum motivation than town motivation; at the moment he voted mcqueen, the wagons were 3-3-2, redtea-elbirn-robert. He was in a position where, if he's scum, his primary motivation is probably to just lay low as much as possible and give as much chance as possible for his wagon to fizzle. redtea was the leading wagon when she voted Persivul, and she hadn't posted in 2.5 days... which fits in much better with the idea of her being scum who became apathetic after being wagoned.

I'll vote Robert tonight if it's clear I need to to avoid NL but I probably won't be on at deadline. I might be but it's unlikely.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by implosion »

I guess chara already made that argument more succinctly but etc
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 782, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 773, skitter30 wrote:but if he's town you've basically spent the last few days corraling votes onto lynchbait who didn't actually do anything scummy while contributing to the resistance of a wagon on someone who actually *has* been scummy; i said this already but i find pushing someone day1 for 'lack of towniness' (ie as opposed to pushing someone for being actively scummy) to be incredibly suspect and how scum garner mislynches

so how i read you is kinda flip-dependant
fascinating
idk what you're saying with this

==

i still really really really much prefer redtea
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by implosion »

So people sure are clamoring to make sure there's a lynch huh
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by redtea »

This is ignoring just about everything else at the moment but:
If the "giver of abilities" is town, I'd hazard to say a lynch isn't strictly necessary, depending on how many people have confidence in this being between T/S (or S/S) and about how helpful the ability would be (in general and in the context of a forgone lynch).
And if the ability isn't used today/night, then it's worth remembering for a future day.
...Unless there's a third party, where of course NL is a terrible idea.

At any rate, a few are probably holding out. The air smells bloody.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 710, skitter30 wrote: @redtea:

in you r recent post, you sound like you're scumreading robert
given that he's your cw i'm not entirely following why you don't just vote him instead of voting persivul?
there's like less than two days left, do you think a persivul wagon is viable rn?

and if you think persivul might be bussing robert why aren't you voting robert ... ?
The focus was on Persivul, and that he looked scummy whether or not robert is scum. A robert vote was irrelevant.
I think you had something else directed at me earlier but I'm having trouble finding it, or remembering wrong.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yes but persivul isn't getting lynched today so i don't get why you're voting there rn ....

if a hammer hasn't happened before i wake up i'll vote whichever wagon is larger
Show
Hiatus once more.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:30 pm

Post by implosion »

i really don't want robert though :\
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i'll switch back (which will make it 5:4 towards redtea) but i don't think there are two more votes for redtea rn

(and again the mysterious resistance to redtea given the fact that she only has like 3 townreads is really freaking weird)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 pm

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: redtea
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Persivul »

5 hours 40 minutes. Just sayin'...
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:20 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 795, skitter30 wrote:i mean i'll switch back (which will make it 5:4 towards redtea) but i don't think there are two more votes for redtea rn
You switch back, that will make it L-1 for redtea. Surely someone will hammer before deadline.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Enter »

Bad Lynch > No Lynch > Very Bad Lynch.

Redtea is a Very Bad Lynch. Allow me to say what I know if you put her at L-1.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”