Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VC 1.06

votes
[3] Salami
:
MaryJoLisa2 , Elements , TTTT
[2] Elements
:
cbynumber , Salami
[2] MaryJoLisa2
:
BBmolla , NotMySpamAccount
[1] Tall1s
:
skitter30

[1] Not Voting
:
Tall1s

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-10 15:56:59)

Mod Notes
: skitter30 is V/LA until Tuesday the 5th.
Last edited by northsidegal on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 167, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
BBmolla wrote:VOTE: MaryJoOsmont
MaryJoLisa2 wrote:BBmolla is probably not scum.
Someone votes her and she doesn't question it, and even townreads him for it. That's suspicious enough to warrant a vote.

VOTE: MaryJoLisa2
In post 171, Elements wrote:
In post 160, BBmolla wrote:I don’t like her noncommittal posts.
I agree with this, but I don't think it necessarily signifies scum any more than it does a tentative newbie going through all possibilities
She is confident in her noncommital posts which is offputting.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 172, Elements wrote:
In post 169, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:From the outside looking in, someone may reasonably see me as protecting Elements.
I thought you had a scum lean on me?
I definitely don't have a solid town read on you, Elements, but I also don't have a scum read. I meant to reevaluate you in light of Salami's flip. I have a slight scum read on Skitters and a scum read on Salami.

If BBmolla and Salami are scum partners, then that would explain why he'd break up a wagon on his partner. Otherwise, he's scum-hunting, and that's exactly what he should be doing. If he's scum and Salami is not, then it wouldn't make sense to break up a wagon on someone he knows is town. Why mess up a nice mislynch like that?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

NotMy, did Mary’s single post not questioning me outdo everything that was involved in your townread of her? That’s a quick turnaround.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

We're new here, BBmolla. We're still learning the game.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 177, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I meant to reevaluate you in light of Salami's flip.
we've still got over 7 days to go, it is far from certain as to who is going to flip. I expect a lot of read changes before that time too
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 178, BBmolla wrote:NotMy, did Mary’s single post not questioning me outdo everything that was involved in your townread of her? That’s a quick turnaround.
There wasn't much of a townread other than her reasonable arguments, which as it has been pointed out to me doesn't mean much. Combine that with the extreme clash of your vote and her townread, and yeah, it does outdo it.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Elements »

@BBmolla what are your thoughts on TTTT?
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

I believe the lynch occurs when 5 players vote for the same person, up until 10 days. After 10 days, majority rules.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 177, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 172, Elements wrote:
In post 169, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:From the outside looking in, someone may reasonably see me as protecting Elements.
I thought you had a scum lean on me?
I definitely don't have a solid town read on you, Elements, but I also don't have a scum read. I meant to reevaluate you in light of Salami's flip. I have a slight scum read on Skitters and a scum read on Salami.

If BBmolla and Salami are scum partners, then that would explain why he'd break up a wagon on his partner. Otherwise, he's scum-hunting, and that's exactly what he should be doing. If he's scum and Salami is not, then it wouldn't make sense to break up a wagon on someone he knows is town. Why mess up a nice mislynch like that?
So you're saying at least one of BBmolla and Salami are scum? Or am I misreading you?
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 183, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I believe the lynch occurs when 5 players vote for the same person, up until 10 days. After 10 days, majority rules.
after 10 days, no lynch.
It is much more beneficial for town to keep the day going for as long as sensibly possible so there are lots of interactions to analyse and longer for scum to slip up
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

You're misreading me. That's not what I'm saying.

Look at it from the perspective that Salami is scum (which we do not know). IF Salami is scum and BBmolla is his scum partner, then we will be able to see in retrospect (after the game) that BBmolla was removing the wagon from his scum partner. If Salami is town and BBmolla is scum, then BBmolla's effort to move the wagon off Salami doesn't make sense because he had an easy mislynch all lined up for himself when he logged in.

If we were to lynch Salami and Salami flipped scum, then we might reasonably look to BBmolla who moved the wagon off Salami, but that still doesn't mean that BBmolla is scum. He might have just been town trying to latch onto what would be for him a more logical target.

If you decide to lynch me and I flip green (and I will), then I would start looking much more carefully at Salami and BBmolla. Salami for the reasons I stated in previous posts (his play doesn't seem newbish), and BBmolla for possibly (but not certainly) protecting a scum partner.
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 185, Elements wrote:
In post 183, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I believe the lynch occurs when 5 players vote for the same person, up until 10 days. After 10 days, majority rules.
after 10 days, no lynch.
It is much more beneficial for town to keep the day going for as long as sensibly possible so there are lots of interactions to analyse and longer for scum to slip up
I think we should keep talking until Tall1s is replaced and then do a lynch. Even if it's a mislynch, we'll have gathered some useful evidence to work with.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 187, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think we should keep talking until Tall1s is replaced and then do a lynch. Even if it's a mislynch, we'll have gathered some useful evidence to work with.
When we lynch someone the day ends instantly, no more discussion, and mafia get a night to talk to each other and plan and kill (assuming a mislynch). The longer we wait before we lynch the more information town can gather both before and as a result of the lynch.
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 186, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:You're misreading me. That's not what I'm saying.

Look at it from the perspective that Salami is scum (which we do not know). IF Salami is scum and BBmolla is his scum partner, then we will be able to see in retrospect (after the game) that BBmolla was removing the wagon from his scum partner. If Salami is town and BBmolla is scum, then BBmolla's effort to move the wagon off Salami doesn't make sense because he had an easy mislynch all lined up for himself when he logged in.

If we were to lynch Salami and Salami flipped scum, then we might reasonably look to BBmolla who moved the wagon off Salami, but that still doesn't mean that BBmolla is scum. He might have just been town trying to latch onto what would be for him a more logical target.

If you decide to lynch me and I flip green (and I will), then I would start looking much more carefully at Salami and BBmolla. Salami for the reasons I stated in previous posts (his play doesn't seem newbish), and BBmolla for possibly (but not certainly) protecting a scum partner.
BBmolla didn't move the wagon off me, he was originally voting for cbynumber and then voted for you. Your reasoning is becoming really stupid and longwinded, I'm town so it's impossible for BB and myself to be a scumteam and it's premature for you to speculate on partners until one of the scum has actually been lynched.
In post 187, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 185, Elements wrote:
after 10 days, no lynch.
I think we should keep talking until Tall1s is replaced and then do a lynch. Even if it's a mislynch, we'll have gathered some useful evidence to work with.
Sounds like you already know I'm going to flip town.
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 157, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Looking back at what has happened, Salami is probably just overconfident, but I'm leaning a bit scummy on him. I'll wait for TTTT to give his reasons before I vote though.
Stop just running with what the crowd does, learn to think for yourself!
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

I think even if there's a mislynch, the remaining scum member performs a nightkill.

Yes, but the information we gather will all be based on hunches. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 134, cbynumber wrote:
In post 109, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:Replying to Skitter here: I read town on everyone with a slight (very slight) scum lean on you. Sorry.

Elements didn't actually say anything that I didn't say as well. We both saw NMSA's post as LAMIST. I just pointed it out to see if he would become defensive. He did not.
Could you elaborate on your scumlean?
@MaryJo could you answer this please?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 191, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think even if there's a
mislynch
, the
remaining scum member
performs a nightkill.

Yes, but the information we gather will all be based on hunches. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is.
What?
UNVOTE: Elements
VOTE: MaryJoLisa2
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 191, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think even if there's a mislynch, the remaining scum member performs a nightkill.
Lynching scum is not a mislynch
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 191, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think even if there's a mislynch, the remaining scum member performs a nightkill.

Your logic is all over the place and makes no sense
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 192, cbynumber wrote:[quote="In
@MaryJo could you answer this please?
viewtopic.php?p=10696771#p10696771

Basically, I just thought Elements made a perfectly justified accusation of LAMISTness from NMSA and I was surprised that Skitter didn't see it that way. My lean on her is very slight and as I look through the posts, I wonder if she wasn't just being a good ic and trying to bail a newbie out.
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 194, Elements wrote:
Lynching scum is not a mislynch
Yes, you're right. My error.
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 195, Salami wrote:

Your logic is all over the place and makes no sense
I just don't feel that we have enough information to work with. A lynch (any lynch) would start to provide some context for what we've been saying and the cases we've been trying to build.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Elements »

Current Read List

Confirmed Town:
E
l
e
m
e
n
t
s

Town Read:
TTTT

Town Lean:
NotMySpamAccount, cbynumber

Null:
BBmolla, skitter30

Scum Lean:
Salami/color]
Scum Read:
MaryJoLisa2

BBmolla: i agree with reasoning behind opinions on MJL. posts seem like scum hunting but i don't understand their stance on Salami

Salami: Very agressive entry into the game with no reasoning other than "i'm right listen to me" which isn't reasoning

MaryJoLisa2: Indecisive and noncommittal posts could be newbieness or scumness. More recently suggesting we end the game early and post are potential scum slips coming from inexperiance. - would change vote but don't want to put at L1 in case of a lol hammer

NotMySpamAccount: now believing that this is his first game, i can seen town reasoning behind his posts and vote changes

cbynumber: nice analysis of posts, asks probing questions

skitter30: probably IC paranoia stopping this from being a town lean, but i don't understand how LAMIST doesn't look scummy at all

TTTT: very much town driven posts and explanations. looking forward to the continuation from post 155

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”