Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 222, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 220, Elements wrote:
In post 217, cbynumber wrote:You arn't voting your scumread though?
My vote would put them at L1. I don't want someone to lol hammer and end the day early
You can put me at L-1. It's just a game. When I'm lynched, you'll learn more information.
at this point I can't tell if you just don't understand or if you're trying reverse psychology
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 224, cbynumber wrote:Yeah, on second thought, let's hold off on l1 under tall1s' replacement starts posting.
@MJL even more reason not to lynch early. If we lynch someone now we learn nothing about tall1s' slot. We effectively go into day two with the addition of a new player.
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.

When I go, start examining Salami and if Salami starts coming up rotten, then also look to BBmolla. If Salami is clean, BBmolla may also be clean. By then, you'll have more information to go on.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 227, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.
Have you legitimately given up?
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 226, Elements wrote:
In post 224, cbynumber wrote:Yeah, on second thought, let's hold off on l1 under tall1s' replacement starts posting.
@MJL even more reason not to lynch early. If we lynch someone now we learn nothing about tall1s' slot. We effectively go into day two with the addition of a new player.
Yeah, you're right UNVOTE: Elements
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Elements »

Salami you're finally seeing the light!
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 228, Elements wrote:
In post 227, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.
It's my way of playing to my wincon. Day 1 lynches are based entirely on intuition, and then people get to see how their intuition panned out (or didn't pan out). If we drag this out 7-10 days, we'll talk ourselves into circles. Someone's gotta get the ball rolling here and if you want to vote for me, then that's perfectly fine.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 231, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:we'll talk ourselves into circles
when we get to this point I am happy to to agree and vote you, but before then we can still get information
seeing as you're so eager to get lynched what are your reads on everyone?
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

It's not that I'm eager. It's just that I'm willing. I'm leaning toward Salami, of course, though in fairness, he's doing scum hunting.

Scum members may be lying low and letting town take each other out. Salami is active at least.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Elements »

could you do a small rundown on everyone a bit like i did?
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 231, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
It's my way of playing to my wincon. Day 1 lynches are based entirely on intuition, and then people get to see how their intuition panned out (or didn't pan out). If we drag this out 7-10 days, we'll talk ourselves into circles. Someone's gotta get the ball rolling here and if you want to vote for me, then that's perfectly fine.
You don't play to your wincon by being fine with a lynch on yourself. Especially not if prolonging the day means we get to see Tall1s replacement. Especially since each player is only certain of one townie, themselves, so a lynch on one confirmed townie is bad. After we get a rundown as Elements suggested and the Tall1s replacement talks, I'm fine with L-1 and a hammer.
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 231, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
They're not purely on intuition, there is more to it than that. We have a week still and letting yourself get lynched isn't helping your wincon if you are indeed town, it's pretty detrimental to us actually.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Elements »

Most of the players in this game have more experience then you are most of us are telling you what a bad idea lynching someone early would be. Now think Mary what is more likely to be the best play here, you continuing to be happy with an early lynch giving you information, or, you listening to the more experienced players here and realising we shouldn't do an early lynch. Even if you don't understand why you should realise it must be pro-town or we wouldn't be labouring this point so much. Respect our collective wisdom. We are trying to help you get better at the game but we can't do that if you're not willing to respond to us.
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 234, Elements wrote:could you do a small rundown on everyone a bit like i did?
Here it is as of now:

1. MaryJoLisa2 – I’m town.
2. Elements – Town
3. NotMySpamAccount – Town
4. TTTT (SE) – He’s not trying to confuse anything. He has concerns and he’s trying to give his reasoning for things.
5. Salami – I need to see more, but I can see both scum and town with him. He’s at least active and searching, so that’s going to push me over into a slight town lean.
6. Skitter – Not enough to go on.
7. Tall1s – Nothing to go on.
8. Cbynumber – Laying low, seems kinda scummy to me.
9. BBmolla (SE) – Scum lean. No actual scum hunting and limited interactions with everyone else. The salami wagon was garbage comment in #161 with no follow-up doesn’t sit well with me.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:4. TTTT (SE) – He’s not trying to confuse anything. He has concerns and he’s trying to give his reasoning for things.
does this mean you're town leaning him?
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 234, Elements wrote:could you do a small rundown on everyone a bit like i did?
Here it is as of now:

1. MaryJoLisa2 – I’m town.
2. Elements – Town
3. NotMySpamAccount – Town
4. TTTT (SE) – He’s not trying to confuse anything. He has concerns and he’s trying to give his reasoning for things.
5. Salami – I need to see more, but I can see both scum and town with him. He’s at least active and searching, so that’s going to push me over into a slight town lean.
6. Skitter – Not enough to go on.
7. Tall1s – Nothing to go on.
8. Cbynumber – Laying low, seems kinda scummy to me.
9. BBmolla (SE) – Scum lean. No actual scum hunting and limited interactions with everyone else. The salami wagon was garbage comment in #161 with no follow-up doesn’t sit well with me.
Why nothing on skitter? You read her as scum earlier if I'm remembering right.
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:55 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

I read her very slight scum. I'm not prepared to say that her actions weren't for the sake of being a good ic.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:9. BBmolla (SE) – Scum lean. No actual scum hunting and limited interactions with everyone else. The salami wagon was garbage comment in #161 with no follow-up doesn’t sit well with me.
Salami has done nothing scummy and reacted genuinely to his garbage wagon
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

someone just let me know if skitter is scum or town I've been skimming most of those walls
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 201, Elements wrote:Town Read:
TTTT

Town Lean:
NotMySpamAccount, cbynumber

Null:
BBmolla, skitter30

Scum Lean:
Salami

Scum Read:
MaryJoLisa2

Formatting is hard, here's the corrected version
you seriously don't have anything on me bro?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 182, Elements wrote:@BBmolla what are your thoughts on TTTT?
i didn't like their posts but I'm waiting to see if it's cause they're scum or it's their personality
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 183, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I believe the lynch occurs when 5 players vote for the same person, up until 10 days. After 10 days, majority rules.
This is wrong, if we don't come up with a majority the day ends in a no lynch.

It's mathematically un-ideal.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 189, Salami wrote:
In post 186, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:You're misreading me. That's not what I'm saying.

Look at it from the perspective that Salami is scum (which we do not know). IF Salami is scum and BBmolla is his scum partner, then we will be able to see in retrospect (after the game) that BBmolla was removing the wagon from his scum partner. If Salami is town and BBmolla is scum, then BBmolla's effort to move the wagon off Salami doesn't make sense because he had an easy mislynch all lined up for himself when he logged in.

If we were to lynch Salami and Salami flipped scum, then we might reasonably look to BBmolla who moved the wagon off Salami, but that still doesn't mean that BBmolla is scum. He might have just been town trying to latch onto what would be for him a more logical target.

If you decide to lynch me and I flip green (and I will), then I would start looking much more carefully at Salami and BBmolla. Salami for the reasons I stated in previous posts (his play doesn't seem newbish), and BBmolla for possibly (but not certainly) protecting a scum partner.
BBmolla didn't move the wagon off me, he was originally voting for cbynumber and then voted for you. Your reasoning is becoming really stupid and longwinded, I'm town so it's impossible for BB and myself to be a scumteam and it's premature for you to speculate on partners until one of the scum has actually been lynched.
In post 187, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 185, Elements wrote:
In post 183, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I believe the lynch occurs when 5 players vote for the same person, up until 10 days. After 10 days, majority rules.
after 10 days, no lynch.
It is much more beneficial for town to keep the day going for as long as sensibly possible so there are lots of interactions to analyse and longer for scum to slip up
I think we should keep talking until Tall1s is replaced and then do a lynch. Even if it's a mislynch, we'll have gathered some useful evidence to work with.
Sounds like you already know I'm going to flip town.
like come on this shit is town
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 193, cbynumber wrote:
In post 191, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think even if there's a
mislynch
, the
remaining scum member
performs a nightkill.

Yes, but the information we gather will all be based on hunches. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is.
What?
UNVOTE: Elements
VOTE: MaryJoLisa2
lmao that's probably a legit slip tbh
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”