Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

VC 1.08

votes
[3] Salami
:
MaryJoLisa2 , Elements , TTTT
[3] MaryJoLisa2
:
BBmolla , NotMySpamAccount , cbynumber
[1] Tall1s
:
skitter30

[2] Not Voting
:
Tall1s, Salami

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-10 15:56:59)

Mod Notes
: skitter30 is V/LA until Tuesday the 5th.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 107, NotMySpamAccount wrote:My reaosning was that she's contributing, trying to find scum, and arguing in ways that don't seem too tenuous.
i don't really townread her tbh

==
In post 109, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:Replying to Skitter here: I read town on everyone with a slight (very slight) scum lean on you. Sorry.

Elements didn't actually say anything that I didn't say as well. We both saw NMSA's post as LAMIST. I just pointed it out to see if he would become defensive. He did not.
do tell about your scumlean on me
and for your second paragraph: you're basically saying your accusation that elements was pushing nmsa as a distraction from himself was a reaction test?

==
In post 130, cbynumber wrote:@skitter you're still voting tall1s as per your first post. Is that to infer you have no scumreads on anyone since your random vote?
i'm sometimes slow to vote day1; it was a random vote and i didn't see much reason to move it honestly; i didn't scumread anyone strongly enough

==

i'm tending town on all of cbynumber, elements, and nmsa

==
In post 131, Elements wrote:
In post 129, cbynumber wrote:I don't understand how it helps mafia at all if Elements thinks NMSA is mafia?
If you're not helping town, you're probably mafia. I think that is a fair assumption to make.
The post is detrimental to town if NMSA is town so there's no reason to do it if they are town. If they are mafia they could be trying to build a wall of inexperience to hide behind - which if successful would help them
i don't think this is a fair assumption to make; town do scummy and anti-town things all the time - if they didn't, this game would be fairly easy. the trick is to try to figure who's *town* and doing scummy things, and who's *scum* and doing scummy things, which is easier said than done

basically just because someone did something anti-town that doesn't automatically make them scum

==
In post 137, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:In your past game, 1911, you entered as a replacement mid-game. You're saying that 1911 was your first game ever yet you entered with a very good grasp of the terms and a firm understanding of what's going on and what's expected of you. You came into this game and very confidently declared your reads very shortly after you made your entrance. These are not the behaviors of a newbie. I don't think you're being honest with us.
are you basically accusing him of lying about being new?
(and that he's not capable of picking up terms and figuring out what's going on as town?)

i don't get why anything you've described here is scummy or something that he, as town, is unlikely/incapable of doing?
ie i don't get why this warrants a vote

and onwards to your next post - why is being comfortable in *his first game onsite* (ie not this game) belie anything about his alignment here?
In post 152, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 148, Elements wrote:The only may anyone can 100% know who the scum are on day if if they themselves are scum
Precisely. This is a newbie game. Salami is either an experienced player pretending to be a newbie (lynch all liars) https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... _All_Liars, or he's an over-confident, inexperienced player. If the latter is true
we should not be swayed by his untrained eye no matter how confident he appears.

Something doesn't feel right with Salami and I'm willing to put off suspicion on Elements until we get Salami figured out. If he's town, he'll leave a nice detailed explanation behind to tell us why we should lynch Elements next.
i'm probably voting you when i finish catching up and see the vc
bolded: what is this? why are you insinuating that he's experienced and lying across two games, and not just that he's quick at catching onto things? you're basically saying that no matter his experience level he shouldn't be trusted and i don't know why you think this really

also where did hte 100% scum thing even come from? he never said that

==
In post 155, TTTT wrote:VOTE: Salami
I'll have more to say later
uh please explain why you're voting here

ok new post time
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 167, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
BBmolla wrote:VOTE: MaryJoOsmont
MaryJoLisa2 wrote:BBmolla is probably not scum.
Someone votes her and she doesn't question it, and even townreads him for it. That's suspicious enough to warrant a vote.

VOTE: MaryJoLisa2
why is this suspicious?

==
In post 177, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
I meant to reevaluate you in light of Salami's flip
. I have a slight scum read on Skitters and a scum read on Salami.
what connection do you see between elements and salami?

==
In post 183, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I believe the lynch occurs when 5 players vote for the same person, up until 10 days. After 10 days, majority rules.
we have ten days to settle on a lynch, which happens when 5 people vote for the same person. if a lynch hasn't happened in ten days, a no lynch occurs by default

==
In post 189, Salami wrote:BBmolla didn't move the wagon off me, he was originally voting for cbynumber and then voted for you. Your reasoning is becoming really stupid and longwinded, I'm town so it's impossible for BB and myself to be a scumteam and it's premature for you to speculate on partners until one of the scum has actually been lynched.
i think she meant more that bbmolla (who, in this theoretical universe is scum and partnered with scum!you), was trying to create a new wagon to distract from the wagon on you, because if he's your partner he doesn't want you lynched
(ie not that he literally moved his vote off of you and onto someone else)

==
In post 191, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I think even if there's a mislynch, the remaining scum member performs a nightkill.

Yes, but the information we gather will all be based on hunches. I'm not really sure what the best course of action is.
?
mislynch = lynch on town
mislynch today leaves two scum overnight

we should never really no-lynch day1 here; no-lynching gives scum the oppurtunity to get in a kill without us having hte oppurtunity to try to remove one of them via the lynch; a lynch is town's only way to remove scum in this game so we need to utilize every oppurtunity we have. even if we're wrong we'll have more info for the future days (flip, nk, wagon analysis, etc) that we can use to try to sort through the smaller lynchpool

==
In post 196, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:Basically, I just thought Elements made a perfectly justified accusation of LAMISTness from NMSA and I was surprised that Skitter didn't see it that way. My lean on her is very slight and as I look through the posts, I wonder if she wasn't just being a good ic and trying to bail a newbie out.
oh, it was def a bad and lamist post. i just don't know if it was lamist in a *scummy* way; that's why i didn't hop on it; i could def see it coming from newbtown and don't see why it's more likely to have come from newbscum

==
In post 207, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I did, it just didn't add up to me. If I'm scum and Salami is also scum, then why would he vote to lynch me? Why would he come in, "lay down the law" only to find that his scum partner was giving him a hard time?
he isn't voting you rn?

==
In post 213, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:And if this is actually your second game ever and you're that intuitive and confident in your moves and those moves are correct, then you probably shouldn't be in a newbie game.
eh, i think anybody new to the site can play in this queue as a newbie, even if they've had prior mafia experience - even if they know how the game goes in a general sense, they can get a feel for site meta, the terminlogy, the deadlines, how games usually work, etc
it's a place for people just to try out the game on this site and see if they like it, irregardless of their expereince, before they feel ready to try out other queues

==
In post 222, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:You can put me at L-1. It's just a game. When I'm lynched, you'll learn more information.
your ok-ness with being lynched is the only thing that i find townie from you tbh

==
In post 243, BBmolla wrote:someone just let me know if skitter is scum or town I've been skimming most of those walls
sorry, sorry, i'm an unabashed wallposter
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

tending town: salami, nmsa, cbynumber
nulltown: elements
null: bbmolla, tall1s
gutscum: tttt
tending scum: maryjolisa

i'm not quite ready for l1 yet; we def should get a replacement before we end teh day; my vote is on maryjo in spirit rn
her willingness to get lynched is also holding me back from voting her; not sure that anti-survivalism comes from scum tbh in anything but a lamist sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

What's rn? It's not in the list of abbreviations.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

rn = right now
Show
Hiatus once more.

MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

thank you. :)
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 231, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 228, Elements wrote:
In post 227, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.
Have you legitimately given up?
It's my way of playing to my wincon. Day 1 lynches are based entirely on intuition, and then people get to see how their intuition panned out (or didn't pan out). If we drag this out 7-10 days, we'll talk ourselves into circles. Someone's gotta get the ball rolling here and if you want to vote for me, then that's perfectly fine.
Limiting the information town has access to only plays to a mafia wincon. Giving up plays to neither.
In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 234, Elements wrote:could you do a small rundown on everyone a bit like i did?
5. Salami – I need to see more, but I can see both scum and town with him. He’s at least active and searching, so that’s going to push me over into a slight town lean.
In post 227, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:I'm just saying, it's cool if you vote to lynch me. I'll just go play another game and I'll have a little more experience under my belt.

When I go, start examining Salami and if Salami starts coming up rotten, then also look to BBmolla. If Salami is clean, BBmolla may also be clean. By then, you'll have more information to go on.
You list scumreads yet advocate examining Salami, who is a townread of yours (who you are still voting for?)
In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote: 6. Skitter – Not enough to go on.
This is also at odds with what you've said throughout the game.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 252, skitter30 wrote:
In post 222, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:You can put me at L-1. It's just a game. When I'm lynched, you'll learn more information.
your ok-ness with being lynched is the only thing that i find townie from you tbh
How is it townie?
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Interested in the follow up to this.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 253, skitter30 wrote:null: bbmolla
??????????????????????
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:05 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 259, cbynumber wrote:
I'm still waiting on something
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:09 am

Post by TTTT »

Early reads...

cby
Elements
MaryJo
are all town
town lean on BB

scum are probably here:
Salami
Skitter
NotMy
Tallis
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Elements »

Upon revisiting Salami and Skitter's ISO with a fresh mind, I can see the town vibes picked up by BBmolla from salami. I can only assume they were covered up by the general prejudice you get when someone enters the game and calls you 100% scum. As for skitter, nothing she's posted seems particularly game advancing. I just sort of sits in with everything else not causing too much disruption. From an IC i'd imagine much more probing questions to get people to reveal more and potentially slip up
VOTE: Skitter30
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:19 am

Post by TTTT »

^town post
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 am

Post by Salami »

In post 262, TTTT wrote:Early reads...

cby
Elements
MaryJo
are all town
town lean on BB

scum are probably here:
Salami
Skitter
NotMy
Tallis
Tallis hasn't posted yet, what makes you think he is likely scum?
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 am

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 257, cbynumber wrote:
In post 231, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 228, Elements wrote:
Have you legitimately given up?
It's my way of playing to my wincon. Day 1 lynches are based entirely on intuition, and then people get to see how their intuition panned out (or didn't pan out). If we drag this out 7-10 days, we'll talk ourselves into circles. Someone's gotta get the ball rolling here and if you want to vote for me, then that's perfectly fine.
Limiting the information town has access to only plays to a mafia wincon. Giving up plays to neither.
In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
In post 234, Elements wrote:could you do a small rundown on everyone a bit like i did?
5. Salami – I need to see more, but I can see both scum and town with him. He’s at least active and searching, so that’s going to push me over into a slight town lean.

When I go, start examining Salami and if Salami starts coming up rotten, then also look to BBmolla. If Salami is clean, BBmolla may also be clean. By then, you'll have more information to go on.
You list scumreads yet advocate examining Salami, who is a townread of yours (who you are still voting for?)
In post 238, MaryJoLisa2 wrote: 6. Skitter – Not enough to go on.
This is also at odds with what you've said throughout the game.
I won't be very active today unless I get my work done earlier than I expect.
My intuition is that Salami is scum, but my evidence is lacking and the more I consider it, the better a case I can make for him being town. I am not someone who hits the scene, makes declarations, and expects people to follow. We have no starting point so the best I can do is throw ideas out there and hope something resonates with someone else. Maybe they see something I don't see and they'll be able to make a compelling argument to sway me.

My way may not be your way, but that's what the newbie game if for. It's for people like me to try their hand in a relatively safe environment and see what works and what doesn't. Since we can't tie any player comments to actual evidence (lynch results or mod confirmed alignments), my goal is to get town talking and try to examine things from different possible perspectives. If that is more confusing than it is helpful, then there are worse people to lynch.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 258, cbynumber wrote:
In post 252, skitter30 wrote:
How is it townie?
Aftet playing a lot of games, i've found that scum tend to be more survivalistic jn the face of getting lynched - both alignments can win after death, but one scum getting lynched makes scum wincon that much harder given that it leaves fewer scum alive to do the job. Scum, when about to be lynched, tend to get very survivalistic in trying to talk their eay out of it. Maryjolisa is *not* at all survivalistic rn; she's accepted her lynch and is fine with it.

Occasionally, scum who know that being survivalistic tends to be read as a scumtell will try to show that they're fine with being lynched so that people will townread them since they're doing the opposite of ehat scum normally do. Maryjo has almost wrapped around to this side of things and is so fine with it that it's almost lamist and put-upon and over the top and something thay she's saying to get people off her back. I can't tell rn if her acquiesce for her lynch is natural or lamist; it's townie in a surface-level kinda way but it feels almost fake if that makes sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 260, BBmolla wrote:
In post 253, skitter30 wrote:null: bbmolla
??????????????????????
A) you've not done much ai imo, tbh, or at least not in ways i can read

B) how do u think i should be reading you, and why?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

Me too; ngl i think this is one of the worst posts in the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 263, Elements wrote:Upon revisiting Salami and Skitter's ISO with a fresh mind, I can see the town vibes picked up by BBmolla from salami. I can only assume they were covered up by the general prejudice you get when someone enters the game and calls you 100% scum. As for skitter, nothing she's posted seems particularly game advancing. I just sort of sits in with everything else not causing too much disruption. From an IC i'd imagine much more probing questions to get people to reveal more and potentially slip up
VOTE: Skitter30
Eh, i can see why you think this; like i said this game started at an awkward time for me; i'm moving today and i have regular vla on weekends; put together i've not had super much spare time so i've kinda been focusing on being caught up and making sure all questions have been answered or addressed; i'll be more *present* probably ~tuesday
Show
Hiatus once more.

TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:56 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 265, Salami wrote:
In post 262, TTTT wrote:Early reads...

cby
Elements
MaryJo
are all town
town lean on BB

scum are probably here:
Salami
Skitter
NotMy
Tallis
Tallis hasn't posted yet, what makes you think he is likely scum?
I'm not saying Tallis is "likely scum"
I'm saying the two scum are probably in that group
which is the PoE resulting from my TRs
MaryJoLisa2
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
MaryJoLisa2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:45 am

Post by MaryJoLisa2 »

In post 269, skitter30 wrote:
Skitter, you use a lot of abbreviations and you don't explain them in context. ngl is not in the abbreviations list. Is there a more expanded abbreviations list? I can't tell what's an abbreviation that is just normal lingo like tbh and imo (stuff I think I should know), vs game lingo like ic, ai, rn, and now ngl.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Elements »

In post 272, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
Skitter, you use a lot of abbreviations and you don't explain them in context. ngl is not in the abbreviations list. Is there a more expanded abbreviations list? I can't tell what's an abbreviation that is just normal lingo like tbh and imo (stuff I think I should know), vs game lingo like ic, ai, rn, and now ngl.
it's normal lingo you should know. If in doubt put "(abreviation) abreviation" into google. if it comes up with something sensible it's probably that, if not go to the wiki
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 272, MaryJoLisa2 wrote:
Ngl = not gonna lie
(Most of rhe abbreviations i use are normal internet lingo? Rn isnt mafia or site specific either)

Anyway what do you think of the fact that I think you might be scum?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”