Newbie 1914 | Stuff I Found Online Viii | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Roo »

In post 16, GrandWazoo wrote:Greetings all.

VOTE: Catstar

Not a fan of cats, or stars.

Not a cat person? Well that settles that then.

VOTE: GrandWazoo
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Roo »

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.

VOTE: Hope
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Roo »

Get busy living or get busy dying.

So far this game isn’t getting busy doing anything.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Roo »

In post 31, 0verki11 wrote:using a (dead town dead villager) pharse is fine but not adding to discussion other than that is lamist imo, particualary since they havent posted since.
Got to say this is a pretty fair reading and makes me townread you a bit. Really though, it was just me trying to work one more shawshank quote into the conversation because thats a good movie, and I wasn't thinking any further beyond that.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:39 am

Post by Roo »

UNVOTE: Birdy
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 51, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 50, YellowSnow wrote:Early town read on the leaf.
If you’re trying to pocket me...this is definitely on the right path.
Do you think he's trying to pocket you?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Post by Roo »

I would agree that I’m getting early town vibes from YellowSnow. But your comment about pocketing has me a little suspicious of you to start off.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:14 am

Post by Roo »

That's a fair reading of the situation. You're right that this does feel like that last game so far.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:30 am

Post by Roo »

I guess I'm just slightly more skeptical of Flavor Leaf. I agree with his townread of YellowSnow because of post 48, but just voicing that he has a townread on YellowSnow doesn't equate to me having a townread of Leaf. It certainly is possible that this is two people town locking each other early on, but just recognizing town behavior doesn't automatically mean that player is town as well.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:52 am

Post by Roo »

I'm townreading Overkill as well. It looks like he's trying to scum hunt. First by voting me by what he thought was LAMIST. By trying to get info from YellowSnow on why he townread Flavor Leaf in post 54. Also very slightly based on meta, the one game I played with him he was town and his posts feel similar.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 116, CatStar wrote:@roo: you've mentioned a couple of townie reads, do you have any early scum reads?
As of now, I don't have much of a scumread on anybody. I have already voiced how I'm slightly suspicious of Flavor Leaf. Also RCE's "scum like to open wolf a lot more than you believe" and his maybe turnaround on Overkill give me a slight scumread of him. But neither of these reads is very strong yet.

Do you have any scum leanings besides me?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 am

Post by Roo »

I'm wondering if GrandWazoo has anything more to say about his judgment of "tbh" and "tbf"? Because this in particular seems like a real stretch and I'm wondering why you find it scummy? Especially with the "tbf" being about overkill's personal preference for dogs over cats.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Roo »

In post 145, GrandWazoo wrote: @Roo: Nope. Just kicking over a hornets nest and seeing what flies out. Could be useful later, even if it doesn't seem so right now.
I get that it is early in the game and we're trying to gather information. But don't you think is a bit of a misrepresentation? At least in regard to "tbf" which is only in and talks about dogs and cats?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 158, CatStar wrote:I'm curious about why people aren't voting- I get it's early but doesn't that help to move the game on and generate information? Which may only become significant later but still.

I'm not seeing anything to shift my read on Roo, but I found birdy's reasoning (feathery namesake aside) for their vote convincing and am going back to initial scummy read on GrandWazoo.

I wasn't voting because I unvoted Birdy when it joined the game since my random vote was on the last player in the slot, and was hoping to have a purposeful vote for my next vote. At this point I'm pretty close to putting my vote on GrandWazoo because I do find Birdy's case to be compelling and GW hasn't done said anything yet to convince me otherwise, but I wanted to wait and see what he said to my last question directed towards him before voting.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 177, GrandWazoo wrote:I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
You aren't really addressing my point. When you look at Overkill's ISO, he said "tbf" one time and lumping it into your post saying that Overkill used "tbh" was very misleading in my opinion, it wasn't just an exaggeration. Additionally, in general I'm not even sure how helpful this information would be, so adding in misleading information makes me think you are scummy. The only defense you are giving me is this generate discussion line, which feels thin.

Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 179, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 177, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 148, Roo wrote:
In post 145, GrandWazoo wrote: @Roo: Nope. Just kicking over a hornets nest and seeing what flies out. Could be useful later, even if it doesn't seem so right now.
I get that it is early in the game and we're trying to gather information. But don't you think is a bit of a
misrepresentation
? At least in regard to "tbf" which is only in and talks about dogs and cats?
I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
In post 149, RCEnigma wrote:None of this argument is going to be relevant later.
In post 155, RCEnigma wrote:If overkill flipped scum and I take the tbf/tbh thing into consideration then Grandwazoo is probably scum there too.
So is it relevant or isn't it? And if Overkil1 was my scumbuddy, wouldn't my actions be like the worst distancing tactic ever?
It's not, but continuing to press the issue is relevant. Point is, is not worth basing a case on. It's unfortunate because I think the push on you has scum hiding in it.
What makes this not relevant?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Roo »

In post 187, Egix96 wrote:
In post 179, RCEnigma wrote:It's unfortunate because I think the push on you has scum hiding in it.
Aaaand what happens right afterwards?
In post 180, Roo wrote:
In post 177, GrandWazoo wrote:I prefer "exaggeration" since I wasn't putting words in his mouth. He used tbh another time but I'm too tired to find it. The main point was to generate discussion in a game which at that point was lacking same.
You aren't really addressing my point. When you look at Overkill's ISO, he said "tbf" one time and lumping it into your post saying that Overkill used "tbh" was very misleading in my opinion, it wasn't just an exaggeration. Additionally, in general I'm not even sure how helpful this information would be, so adding in misleading information makes me think you are scummy. The only defense you are giving me is this generate discussion line, which feels thin.

You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Roo
Could you explain your reasoning a little more?

Also why bring Enigma into this? How does him agreeing or not agreeing effect your read on the situation?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Roo »

In post 203, Egix96 wrote:
In post 194, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 191, CatStar wrote:@RCEenigma: I agree with your reasoning about the overki11 wagon, who do you think is scum on it?

I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.
One of Roo or Yellow, both ping me in different ways. I will say that in yellows case it isn't necessarily them, but how people have played around him. If that makes sense.

Outside of that, Egix isn't on the wagon but I think a scum case could be made there too. His last post comes off weird in the end and I keep rereading it. They don't scumread me or they wouldn't piggyback off my read. So why veil your thought process in case I'm scum? I dunno just seems like a weird disconnect.
I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

Okay, so now that you've commented, I can imagine you being scum with Wazoo (you're questioning him but not really pushing him) or possibly with Birdy (is there really nothing about her that pings you?) but I don't realistically think that's the case because
Roo has more individual scum equity IMO.
[/b]

Is this still due to your problem with or has anything else contributed to this?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:57 am

Post by Roo »

In post 187, Egix96 wrote: You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.
In post 192, Egix96 wrote: My line of thinking was that Enigma wouldn't be willing to vote Wazoo, because why would he vote someone who he thought was being pushed by scum? That would make no sense.
As for that last question, I don't feel it would yet be a good idea to answer it, seeing as Enigma hasn't yet responded since my previous post. I wouldn't want to give a potential scum!Enigma any ideas as to what I would expect him to say.
In post 203, Egix96 wrote: I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

Okay, so now that you've commented, I can imagine you being scum with Wazoo (you're questioning him but not really pushing him) or possibly with Birdy (is there really nothing about her that pings you?) but I don't realistically think that's the case because Roo has more individual scum equity IMO.
I still don't really understand this whole line of thinking from Egix. I still don't understand why if Egix didn't want to lycnh Wazoo, that RCEnigma got mentioned at all. Like why does Egix's vote seem semi-dependent on the fact that RCE didn't want to lynch Wazoo?

And then at the end of this it was because Egix could imagine a Wazoo-RCE scum team? So why was the vote removed from Wazoo in the first place? And if it was removed because Egix has a larger scum read on me rather than Wazoo, why bring RCE's Wazoo feelings into the equation?

Something isn't adding up here
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:31 am

Post by Roo »

@CatStar do you have any updated reads on anybody? you have been awfully quiet in this game
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Roo »

In post 209, Egix96 wrote:
In post 206, Roo wrote:
In post 187, Egix96 wrote: You know what, I really don't feel like lynching Wazoo is the way to go here, and I'm sure Enigma would agree.
In post 192, Egix96 wrote: My line of thinking was that Enigma wouldn't be willing to vote Wazoo, because why would he vote someone who he thought was being pushed by scum? That would make no sense.
As for that last question, I don't feel it would yet be a good idea to answer it, seeing as Enigma hasn't yet responded since my previous post. I wouldn't want to give a potential scum!Enigma any ideas as to what I would expect him to say.
In post 203, Egix96 wrote: I sometimes think in ways that other people find weird as both alignments, so that's just me being me.

Okay, so now that you've commented, I can imagine you being scum with Wazoo (you're questioning him but not really pushing him) or possibly with Birdy (is there really nothing about her that pings you?) but I don't realistically think that's the case because Roo has more individual scum equity IMO.
I still don't really understand this whole line of thinking from Egix. I still don't understand why if Egix didn't want to lycnh Wazoo, that RCEnigma got mentioned at all. Like why does Egix's vote seem semi-dependent on the fact that RCE didn't want to lynch Wazoo?

And then at the end of this it was because Egix could imagine a Wazoo-RCE scum team? So why was the vote removed from Wazoo in the first place? And if it was removed because Egix has a larger scum read on me rather than Wazoo, why bring RCE's Wazoo feelings into the equation?

Something isn't adding up here
The reason why I mentioned Enigma was because I could clearly see that he would be inclined to agree with me. Is it a crime for me to say "I don't wanna lynch B because C thinks B is town"? Not in my world it isn't.

Also, why are you saying that my vote was "removed" from Wazoo? My vote was on 0ver previously IIRC.

Are you trying to imply that I'm scum with Enigma or something?
My apologies for this. I made a mistake when I was setting up the quote boxes and attributed your unvote to unvoting Wazoo in my head.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Roo »

In post 209, Egix96 wrote:The reason why I mentioned Enigma was because I could clearly see that he would be inclined to agree with me. Is it a crime for me to say "I don't wanna lynch B because C thinks B is town"? Not in my world it isn't.

Also, why are you saying that my vote was "removed" from Wazoo? My vote was on 0ver previously IIRC.

Are you trying to imply that I'm scum with Enigma or something?
No I don't think you are scum with Enigma. It feels like you are trying to use someone else's read to justify your vote. That to me feels scummy. You easily could have disagreed with lynching Wazoo and had a scumread of me and voted for me. But you chose to use RCE's to justify your voting for me. But then in you leave open that the scum team could be Wazoo-RCE or RCE-Birdy? Something isn't right here

VOTE: Egix96
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Roo »

In post 214, GrandWazoo wrote:@Roo: didn't Egix address your concerns in that post you quoted? I mean it's a fine line between sheeping and agreeing, Prolly would've been wiser to leave RCE out of it, but I just don't see scum motivation there.
The first part of Egix bringing RCE into the mix makes a little more sense the more I think about it. RCE wasn't going to vote Wazoo. Egix scrumreads me and votes for me. This is me assuming now --> I guess Egix mentions RCE to see if RCE agrees that I am the scum on GW? Like you said, probably would've been wise to leave RCE out of it, but okay.

The second part in post is what I still don't understand. Egix waited for RCE to respond, to now have RCE scum team possibilities? Both of which don't include me, the person he is voting for. Why was RCE's rationale of "I think the push on you has scum hiding in it." used to support Egix to vote me, to then turn around and say there are RCE scum team possibilities? It just feels like Egix is trying to keep a lot of options open.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:15 am

Post by Roo »

In post 216, CatStar wrote:
In post 208, Roo wrote:@CatStar do you have any updated reads on anybody? you have been awfully quiet in this game
Disagree, I've spoken when had something to say...but given time of day reasonable to say more.

As I said, I'm leaning town on overki11 and egix. Having read another game GW played in mewbie, I think they are probs town.

FL I don't have much to say about. They are speaking a fair bit but not doing a lot of searching fromy POV which could read as anti town but seems consistent with their usual play (so not alignment indicative) and I see their point about reviewing information in D2. Null.

I don't understand other people's town lean on yellow, they aren't saying a huge amount that would consider town or scum hunting... But not do I see anything which could see as scum agenda so null.

Birdy explains their thought process and I can follow, so not reaching too much for things to be suspicious of. Not much outside of grand wazoo, but they haven't posted since Friday, so will see when they return. Town/ null.

RCEnigma... Null as despite agreeing with a lot what they say, Something about the way they defended overki11 made me wonder about buying town cred on his flip (knowing would flip town). Plus not voting where they say scum reads are despite it getting late in day... so... Null.

Roo remains my top scum read, for previously mentioned reasons and now feel they are trying to make shady comments to see what sticks, not seeing a strong reason for egix vote (wondered if did so following enigma comment re could see them as scum).
Every player that has been in the game since it started has over 20 posts, and this is your tenth post.

When I look at your ISO, I don't really get a lot from it. You have stuck to your scumread of me [which you originally attributed partly to a "gut feeling"] but then your top 2 town reads also seem to flow from that:
In post 191, CatStar wrote:I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.
And now a lot of your reads are null reads. It just doesn't feel like a lot of scumhunting is happening from you
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 220, RCEnigma wrote:6 hours to deadline

VOTE: Roo

If I'm wrong here I have a good grip on the scumteam. FL may not be around before deadline it seems.

You’re wrong. This is L-1, yeah?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by Roo »

Town Tracker
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Roo »

In post 227, Flavor Leaf wrote:I’m here and can help change the wagon.

Given the time left, this is going to be a tough task
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #27) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by Roo »

I’m the only vote on Egix
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Roo »

So Egix is at L-1 now. Hopefully RCE returns.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 am

Post by Roo »

VOTE: Birdy

Birdy visited Flavor Leaf last night
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:38 am

Post by Roo »

In post 250, Birdy wrote:
In post 248, Roo wrote:VOTE: Birdy

Birdy visited Flavor Leaf last night
Beep :^

I'm VT. You're reaction testing.

No, you’re just scum
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Roo »

In post 258, Birdy wrote:Boo. Good game.

So how did I play before I was tracked?
I thought you did well. The weird end to Day 1 along with me being the Tracker did you in.

Did FL drop any Doctor crumb that I missed?
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Roo »

In post 264, Birdy wrote:
In post 263, Roo wrote:
In post 258, Birdy wrote:Boo. Good game.

So how did I play before I was tracked?
I thought you did well. The weird end to Day 1 along with me being the Tracker did you in.

Did FL drop any Doctor crumb that I missed?
He did not. He was just very townie. I killed him for a read, not for any suspicion of his role. Why did you track me?
I was pretty confident YellowSnow and GrandWazoo were town. Overkill hammering Egix ruled him out, plus I was always town on him as well. Reading RCE's ISO and how Egix talked about him ruled him out. So that left you and CatStar. And even though CatStar wasn't the most active, she seemed authentic and since it was her first game that could explain a lower post count.

I almost tracked RCE just because I thought if I found out RCE didn't target anybody, it would be easier to then get support to lynch you day 2. Where as if you came back as not targeting anybody, I'm not sure who I would've been most suspicious of.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Roo »

In post 268, Birdy wrote:Maybe it's scum bias, but I'm not entirely sure how Egix was speedlynched so easily. I was literally gone during the time he went from having one vote to lynched. I was fully prepared to go solo after then.
I think it can mainly be attributed to the clock running out. I claimed and there was no counterclaim by FL, YellowSnow, GW, Overkill. Without a counterclaim, I'm assuming everybody just wanted to avoid lynching a power role on Day 1 with the deadline fast approaching.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”