Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Thespio »

Except muh my fos was early day 2 now it’s day 3 I’ve developed my reads, you have not, in any way.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:55 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I've been skimming but I have other obligations at the moment. Don't think I will be able to properly read though till tonight or tomorrow.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:16 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1398, muh316 wrote:You have this tendency of becoming another player's spokesperson.
If you remember earlier, I pointed out that this is essentially meta for me. Of course I could be faking that, but twice? Seems a bit risky as scum.
muh316 wrote:And not defend my case for why Thespio is scum? I know your his scum partner so it would be in your best interest that everybody believe his claim.
At this point you're making more of a mess than anything else. Enter has politely told you to stop confusing him with this sort of discussion. Now I am too.

All you're gonna be doing is talking yourselves in circles, just like Enter/Loop and Enter/Thespio before that. Neither of you are in a position to reconsider the other, so discussing things between you is just distracting riff-raff.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Thespio »

I’ll be at my families estate tonight so I will be less active, just as a heads up
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Thespio »

Back.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 3.2

muh316 (2) -
Enter
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
MagikHorse
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Thespio
Enter

Thespio (1) -
muh316

RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
(0) -

Munchmellow (0) -

MagikHorse (0) -
Enter

Enter (0) -

UNVOTE/Not Voting (3) -
muh316
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Thespio
MagikHorse
Enter
Enter
Enter
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Enter

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch or
3 votes to not lynch.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2019-02-08 16:00:00).
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by Enter »

@mod it still says Night 2
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 1406, Enter wrote:
@mod it still says Night 2
Ninja'd
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Thespio »

Soooo.... slow day, just on a personal level, i only work at my old firm for like 3 more days, should i just quit? im really bored.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:23 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1408, Thespio wrote:Soooo.... slow day, just on a personal level, i only work at my old firm for like 3 more days, should i just quit? im really bored.
I don't know what industry you work in but for software engineers we try not to burn bridges when leaving a company. That way you can continue using them as a reference or go back to the old company if you need to. You also have to figure out how it's going to affect you in terms of getting your paycheck or any left over benefits.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1409, muh316 wrote:I don't know what industry you work in but for software engineers we try not to burn bridges when leaving a company. That way you can continue using them as a reference or go back to the old company if you need to. You also have to figure out how it's going to affect you in terms of getting your paycheck or any left over benefits.
Yeah, its brokerage work, the other firm made me an offer to leave, heavy payout and some nice benefits, the current firm is basically having me sit at a desk and do nothing, easy money I guess but also really boring. the pay and taxes line up nicely so i wont have any overlap.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Thespio »

This is all really unrelated to the game im just on the verge of dying from boredom.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:47 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Thoughts on:

Nightkill

So Skellen does make sense for the nightkill, no offense Enter but Skellen was less set in her game view. Therefore I think less likely to be pocketed at any point. Muh/munch would have been in a good spot from day 1 just on the strength that they agreed against Loop. At the end of the day I don't think it makes a ton of difference given the push on muh end of day.

Day start

This will be short, neither Thespio or Muh do themselves any favors. Thespio should come out of the gate if his check is guilty. Muh brought this weird hypothetical where he's town but Thespio is also tracker. Not outright but in an implied way that sent shivers up my spine.

I think it's still worth going back and looking at day 1 considering most of the day Thespio was the counterwagon to Loop.

I also don't want to get into Magik and munch too much because I also feel biased that I was right on my town/scumreads but Enter and I have been on different pages of the same book for awhile now.

Enter what do you think about the day 1 wagons and specifically the end of day wagons. I'm mostly interested in how you feel the composition plays out.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 am

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 1350, RCEnigma wrote:Thespio is town tracker: Muh/munch is all that makes sense to me. But I think in that case he should have checked someone besides muh.
I am town, and even though I see why it would make sense to you, from my ppint of view, I have a hard time finding muh's partner if Thespio really is tracker.
In post 1353, MagikHorse wrote:So... you thought Thespio would claim Tracker since Day 2 and that's why you wanted to push him? Am I reading this right?
No, I was thinking Thespio's play D1 was only logical to me if he was VT, so a push on Thespio and him claiming would make me scumread him more. Claiming any PR, I wasn't even thinking specific PR's (kind of excluded doctor, because it would only make sense to heal Elements D1 and that didn't happen).
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 1412, RCEnigma wrote:
Thoughts on:

Nightkill

So Skellen does make sense for the nightkill, no offense Enter but Skellen was less set in her game view. Therefore I think less likely to be pocketed at any point. Muh/munch would have been in a good spot from day 1 just on the strength that they agreed against Loop. At the end of the day I don't think it makes a ton of difference given the push on muh end of day.

Day start

This will be short, neither Thespio or Muh do themselves any favors. Thespio should come out of the gate if his check is guilty. Muh brought this weird hypothetical where he's town but Thespio is also tracker. Not outright but in an implied way that sent shivers up my spine.

I think it's still worth going back and looking at day 1 considering most of the day Thespio was the counterwagon to Loop.

I also don't want to get into Magik and munch too much because I also feel biased that I was right on my town/scumreads but Enter and I have been on different pages of the same book for awhile now.

Enter what do you think about the day 1 wagons and specifically the end of day wagons. I'm mostly interested in how you feel the composition plays out.
Yeah I totally agree. I think I even said skellen was p obv kill.

I'll get to the wagons in a minute.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Enter »

Something weird about day one wagons:

Thespio is one of the only two people to vote magik (it was when he was saying things about lurkers) but he calls Pvt scum (and there are other lurkers than MDb. Not super susp of this, but it's worth noting.(Lippmann is the other, don't wanna talk about him anymore)

Also magik is one of the three people to never vote thespio(muh didn't cuz he was following me on loopdan and loosen didn't... huh.)

The same three people that never voted thespio are also the only people to vote for muh. Not sure that's useful at all, but it's funny.

And no one voted munchmellow. Magik wasn't really around for Thespio wagon, so both of these scum teams were pretty relaxed during the big portion of the game
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 1412, RCEnigma wrote:
Thoughts on:

Nightkill

Day start

I also don't want to get into Magik and munch too much because I also feel biased that I was right on my town/scumreads but Enter and I have been on different pages of the same book for awhile n.

I disagree, if I wasn’t asked for a reveal I could have possibly made it another day I’m going to die regulardless now. I was inntially split but my strat was going to be watching Muhs interactions, hence my early posts, but when enter called me as a Pr I thought everyone must have picked up on it so I claimed.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Thespio »

@Enter, you listed 3 people one of which flipped town, the two alive town read you. Meanwhile muh is on that list and it’s because they were to busy lynching a townie. Where are you at right now with muh and I?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 1413, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 1350, RCEnigma wrote:Thespio is town tracker: Muh/munch is all that makes sense to me. But I think in that case he should have checked someone besides muh.
I am town, and even though I see why it would make sense to you, from my ppint of view, I have a hard time finding muh's partner if Thespio really is tracker.
In post 1353, MagikHorse wrote:So... you thought Thespio would claim Tracker since Day 2 and that's why you wanted to push him? Am I reading this right?
No, I was thinking Thespio's play D1 was only logical to me if he was VT, so a push on Thespio and him claiming would make me scumread him more. Claiming any PR, I wasn't even thinking specific PR's (kind of excluded doctor, because it would only make sense to heal Elements D1 and that didn't happen).
What was the play here? If I’m town my logic about ratios stands, regardless of my role, if I’m scum then I?... get no cred and look scummy? Explain what impact you see this having.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1415, Enter wrote:both of these scum teams were pretty relaxed during the big portion of the game
What exactly are you calling "the big portion of the game" here? If it's Day 1 in general, then I think the reason why would be pretty obvious.

I might have voted Thespio early in the game had I been there since it was the first really big oddity, but of course I wasn't ever going to so long after that fact or after mind melding twice in a short timespan regarding Muh and Elements. If you're town mind melding with someone like that multiple times in a row, odds are pretty darned good that you've found another townie, hence his constantly high presence among my townreads beyond that point.

Munch kinda just fell by the wayside once the whole Muh/Magik war started. Didn't help that RCE's case on Munch was hard to read in general either.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 1418, Thespio wrote:What was the play here? If I’m town my logic about ratios stands, regardless of my role, if I’m scum then I?... get no cred and look scummy? Explain what impact you see this having.
So, you didn't mean it, when you said - I would rather you lynch me than no lynch? And what was that - I will vote myself etc. all about? Was there a purpose behind those self-sacrifocing posts?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 1420, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 1418, Thespio wrote:What was the play here? If I’m town my logic about ratios stands, regardless of my role, if I’m scum then I?... get no cred and look scummy? Explain what impact you see this having.
So, you didn't mean it, when you said - I would rather you lynch me than no lynch? And what was that - I will vote myself etc. all about? Was there a purpose behind those self-sacrifocing posts?
No I did, my logic on ratios stands, I’m just not sure what you thought I would gain as scum, at that point I was making sure we all could avoid a day like today.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:55 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1415, Enter wrote:Something weird about day one wagons:

Thespio is one of the only two people to vote magik (it was when he was saying things about lurkers) but he calls Pvt scum (and there are other lurkers than MDb. Not super susp of this, but it's worth noting.(Lippmann is the other, don't wanna talk about him anymore)

Also magik is one of the three people to never vote thespio(muh didn't cuz he was following me on loopdan and loosen didn't... huh.)

The same three people that never voted thespio are also the only people to vote for muh. Not sure that's useful at all, but it's funny.

And no one voted munchmellow. Magik wasn't really around for Thespio wagon, so both of these scum teams were pretty relaxed during the big portion of the game
So the wagons at almost all times were 1 on 1 off regardless of which pairing you go with. The difference is munch/muh would have been passively letting town destroy itself. Thespio/Magik would have been posturing for town cred.

Which is why pushing Elements is weird from that angle. Even if Magik didn't have a change of heart on loop as long as they stall the game out Loop is lynched and they don't have to pursue the Lynch on elements.

Unless they are just openly rolefishing but the gamble on rolehunting with the nightkill isn't that high. And if there is a rolecop in play even less so because they get the night 1 check to go on presumably.
Munchmellow
Munchmellow
Goon
Munchmellow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:23 am

Post by Munchmellow »

In post 1421, Thespio wrote:No I did, my logic on ratios stands, I’m just not sure what you thought I would gain as scum, at that point I was making sure we all could avoid a day like today.
I don't get this logic. I could get it coming from VT, but a PR is much more important for town and saying it's better to lynch a PR than no lynch... no, I totally disagree and this is what it makes it hard for me to believe your claim.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:38 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1423, Munchmellow wrote:
In post 1421, Thespio wrote:No I did, my logic on ratios stands, I’m just not sure what you thought I would gain as scum, at that point I was making sure we all could avoid a day like today.
I don't get this logic. I could get it coming from VT, but a PR is much more important for town and saying it's better to lynch a PR than no lynch... no, I totally disagree and this is what it makes it hard for me to believe your claim.
I mean I dont really care if you think it makes sense the logic is there, theres no guarantee I wouldnt have died except the fact that im not a universal town read, when it came down to it I didnt die D1, and I caught scum. Today with no CC it would be unwise to kill me, especially since the night will confirm my role, If you dont buy my claim who does that put next on the chopping block for you? Muh was the person you were supposed to kill yesterday, did something exclusively related to them cause you to start TR them? also, what happened with D2 lynch m8?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”