[6] Not Voting:
Varsoon, Chara, Papa Zito, Persivul, implosion, mcqueen

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-11 18:00:00)

Spoiler:
Galel Seif: Are you on your way?

Octavia Figgs: On my way where?

Galel Seif: Octavia! Didn't you see the alert? We're supposed to muster.

Octavia Figgs: Listen, it's really sweet that you're worried about me, but we've had alerts before and I've got three more of these glorified vacuum cleaners to fix before my shift is over. Oh... make that four. Somebody dropped off another. God these things are junk.

Galel Seif: I don't think this is a drill, Octavia. I'm sending you the code. Please. Come to the escape pods right now.
Last edited by Xtoxm on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 951, Xtoxm wrote:mimic
f you
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by Chara »

ah, i see.
i mean, no, it isn't great.
agree with .

don't like how Persivul has approached this at all. he says "Enter kill makes Fish the prime suspect" which makes the assumption that scum knew about the lovers (and
not
simply that redtea was a PR), and ignores that any scum who did know of the lovers would want the double-kill here, not just Fish.

he also says that if scum BEF claimed that he could conftown in order to cover for the kill. that, if he really could conftown, he had nothing to fear from Enter and so no reason to be killing him. the logic falls apart if scum Enter can't actually conftown. Persivul says it's just a bad claim made in the heat of an argument, but i don't like to assume scum do senseless things for no good reason.

the new evidence Persivul thinks skitter and i should be looking at is that Enter and Fish had a big fight in the PT, and that Enter would push him. they were fighting in the thread too, is that surprising? the other evidence is Fish's conftown claim. considering that hasn't resolved any conclusion from that is an assumption.

half of this is moot until Fish explains what his conftowning is, though.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 859, skitter30 wrote:i think papa zito is scum
the fact that he's in the hood is additional evidence pointing in that direction but that's not why i'm voting him rn; i would have voted him there today irregardless

if scum flips in the hood you're a very viable partner imo given that you're trying to distract attention from there rn
hey skitter, i found Zito's defense of skitter and pushing of Robert to be townier than Persivul's compromise vote. since both wagons were town, having a strong preference for one looks better to me.
i realize i'm not actually sure what you're scumreading Zito for.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 944, Varsoon wrote:Chara, I DREAM of the day that a mod has oversight enough to make a spy hood and then town is foolish enough to post anything truthful in there.
do you think about this in every game you play with hoods?
In post 954, Chara wrote:hey skitter, i found Zito's defense of skitter and pushing of Robert to be townier than Persivul's compromise vote. since both wagons were town, having a strong preference for one looks better to me.
i realize i'm not actually sure what you're scumreading Zito for.
i really really didn't like his robert push yesterday and i felt it relied on something that i don't consider to be a scumtell that i've seen scum utilize to score mislynches in other games

ie pushing someone for not being townie and not because they think they're actually scummy; i hate it when people are pushed for that, especially day1 because it isn't actually a scumtell imo; i don't know if i've *ever* seen a push like this actually end up on scum, but i've seen scum push townies who don't obvtown well for not being townie lots of times. the whole push just felt like the archetypical: push lynchbait for not being townie. it's a really really easy place for scum to push and i don't like it

however after ruminating a bit i think persivul's interactions wrt bef and the hood and the lovers thing are kinda worse today so

VOTE: persivul
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 943, Chara wrote:and Persivul: i'm not locktowning Fish. i'm townreading him. it's easy to "consider if he's scum" and then talk about what he's done if scum.
consider that he's town and had a TvT fight. and consider that he was fighting with Enter, in a PT that has enough people in it to be considered public. would you think this was scummy if he'd been fighting with Enter in the main thread as much as the PT?

Fish does need to out what he's talking about, though.
if it's bullshit, don't pretend it isn't bullshit. and you didn't answer why you claimed it in the hood you think contains scum, Fish.
And that's all I'm asking. As I've said, I'm giving him time to prove himself. I don't see why you have a problem with that.

Guess what - yes, it looks bad for fish that he got enter to claim, enter said he'd push fish today, and enter ended up dead. You are indeed locktowning him if you can't admit such a plain fact.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

*Sigh*

Not 100% convinced, and I still would rather Papa Zito, but in order to fully pocket skitter I have to be an obedient boy for now :twisted:

VOTE: Persivul

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Pocket Skitter sounds like a neat pokemon, too.

I haven't had a good hoodgame in awhile. I was super jealous of how EVERYONE else had hoods in UpicketyPick, too.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 956, Persivul wrote:And that's all I'm asking. As I've said, I'm giving him time to prove himself. I don't see why you have a problem with that.

Guess what - yes, it looks bad for fish that he got enter to claim, enter said he'd push fish today, and enter ended up dead. You are indeed locktowning him if you can't admit such a plain fact.
it does look bad. i'm not locktowning him just because i don't agree that he's scum for it.
what's your read on me?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by mcqueen »

possible prodge and I will try to get to this later tonight. Sorry, I’ve been busy with school and lazy in my downtime.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 958, Varsoon wrote:Pocket Skitter sounds like a neat pokemon, too.

I haven't had a good hoodgame in awhile. I was super jealous of how EVERYONE else had hoods in UpicketyPick, too.
where are your reads at?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by Chara »

saying "this looks obviously suspicious" and saying "okay, this player is scum for it" is such a basic and easily defensible conclusion. you haven't had a good argument for my responses against it. you've just kept repeating your same original point over and over again.
you haven't replied to Enter soft-outing redtea as an important PR. (not Enter's fault, also not my point)
you haven't replied to if Enter's fight with Fish and the promise to push him would make Fish more likely scum had it happened in the thread.
you haven't replied as to how it doesn't make sense for Fish to claim to be able to conftown to dodge heat for the Enter kill when he would know at the time of the claim that it wouldn't hold up.
and you'd need to explain why he had enough foresight to preemptively cover his ass on said Enter kill with that claim, but not enough foresight to not make the bad claim in the first place.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In the air
I'll be honest
I forgot Elbirn and mcqueen were in this game until they posted today.

Otherwise it's like

TOWN
BEF if he confirms today
A50
Zito
Chara
People I forgot exist
Persivul
implosion
BEF if he can't confirm
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Chara »

why is Zito so high, again? i think you said something about tone but i'm not remembering.
and also at least some sort of acknowledgement of both me and skitter saying Almost's tone isn't AI. :>
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 963, Varsoon wrote:I forgot Elbirn ... were in this game until they [sic] posted today.
I have difficulty believing this, and you've been kinda dodgy re: my slot.

Not sure what to make of it, dont have anything intelligent to say on the subject, I just think you're being w e i r d
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 957, Almost50 wrote:*Sigh*

Not 100% convinced, and I still would rather Papa Zito, but in order to fully pocket skitter I have to be an obedient boy for now :twisted:

well i wasn't really paranoid till you posted this so ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 963, Varsoon wrote:In the air
I'll be honest
I forgot Elbirn and mcqueen were in this game until they posted today.

Otherwise it's like

TOWN
BEF if he confirms today
A50
Zito
Chara
People I forgot exist
Persivul
implosion
BEF if he can't confirm
a) how are you reading me?
b) why is bef scum if he can't confirm exactly?
c) have you ever found a reason to townread a50 beyond tone
d) actually now that i think about it this whole list i don't really get in a holistic sense like at all. in comparison to my own reads this is like a random list of names
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

also @chara at some point you became a really strong townread
i'm not entirely sure how or why that happened but ~ the second-to-last irl day of day1 you became a really strong townread and it's held up since
Show
Hiatus once more.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 945, Chara wrote: most importantly, i don't think scum had to have heard the claim at all. Enter said, in the main thread, that redtea dying if town is worse than town Robert dying. that alone is a softclaim. combined with how Enter earlier pointed out that the entire hood wasn't voting redtea? it's painfully, painfully obvious. if scum is in the hood: they knew about the lovers qnd killed redtea. if scum isn't in the hood: they read the main thread and took a shot based on information given out publicly. a less sure one but anybody reading end of day 1 and thinking redtea wasn't a PR (and if scum they would know she's town, obviously) was just not reading.

i don't think it's worthwhile to be saying scum had to be someplace or another.
and this is in spite of my scumread on Persivul, who's in the hood.
All of this is sound, but my issue is the shooting of redtea over enter. Like, reading the thread, I never got the impression that redtea was a PR, I got the impression that enter and redtea were masons and enter was trying to protect her as the partner at risk of being lynched.

If I'm scum picking the nightkill, and I decide to kill off one of the clearly softclaiming masons, why do I pick redtea over enter? Enter would be conftown by the dead Mason partner, and hes a lot more active and forceful than redtea is.

I think the simplest explanation is that scum had ears in the neighborhood and decided to not shoot the lover claiming a self-protective ability. Granted my hypothesis doesnt necessarily work if theres reason to believe redtea was something other than a Mason, or if lovers are a common enough occurrence? I've never played a game with lovers before I dont think. Even then why not shoot enter though?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by Elbirn »

UNVOTE:

I dont actually want to be voting BEF
I just want him to turn up
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm busy and jetlagged and don't really have the energy to commit to the game atm.

Tomorrow will also be very busy but I should be able to commit time on Thursday. I'm still following the game.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Chara »

Elbirn: good point on Enter not being the target => implies scum wss in the hood. i was reading it as redtea having claimed something in the hood that made her valuable alive, and didn't consider masons because of Enter's "redtea's townflip is worse than Robert's townflip" because that doesn't imply masons to me. Enter stressing redtea's importance alive is why i think scum would have shot that. maybe i don't find masons all that important, though.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 836, Elbirn wrote:
In post 833, BrightEyedFish wrote:Me, PZ and Persivul are the only ones left in the hood, which seems to be locked now.

Is this confirmable? I recall reading enter or someone else stating that the hood did not have a members list in the op. Could others have been listening in?

Thought enter and red tea were hinting at masons when I changed course.. This is much worse
I didn't equate Enter's "oh wait I have info on redtea" to them being Lovers, but it's not
impossible
scum did without being in the Neighborhood. Although, as I'm sure you've all already done, pressuring those in the Neighborhood is a good place to start.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Disclaimer:

I May have exaggerated that I would be completely conftown today at least to the entire player list. I wanted to wait and see how the day started and a few of my TRs to post so I could be as sure as I could be with my TR.

Here is where the issue now comes:
I used my day action on my top TR and it was unsuccessful. I was only informed that it was unsuccessful without any reasons. I don't wish to out my target just yet because I would like to know what types of roles/modifiers would make a day action unsuccessful. It wasn't a kill action but for now I don't want to give any other info until I get some inputs from why you all think it might have failed.

This means that I will not be able to be conftown today. I also know that means I will come under fire but I will try to be as helpful as possible with questions regarding my role. I don't wish to hard claim but if everyone feels that I should then I will oblige.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”