Newbie 1914 | Stuff I Found Online Viii | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by CatStar »

VOTE: GrandWazoo

Not a fan of that album!
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:23 am

Post by CatStar »

So make you sniffle and too distant? Gotcha. Things to avoid.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:30 pm

Post by CatStar »

@overki11 sorry don't get it, unless you think it's a scummy veiled threat? Or posting about inactivity without trying to remedy?

Did not think a cat based username would be so controversial, what with this being the internet. Still, I regret nothing.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:05 am

Post by CatStar »

So far my only meaningful slight sum read is Roo, because of a few 'pretty fair' comments of people's comments to them, which feels like trying not to get into a confrontation with people and stay a little off radar. I don't have much of an opinion on anti pocketing/ trying to possibly split town, as could also be town asking questions so null for me. However, bit of a gut feeling so

VOTE: Roo
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:39 am

Post by CatStar »

Not sure about this open wolfing thing, seems more personality than alignment based to me. I don't take much out of that exchange as I don't know them well enough to be even a bit sure...

@grandwazoo: is your point about overki11 and the TBF and tbh that's they are trying to be a bit vague so they can backtrack later? I don't quite get your point.

@roo: you've mentioned a couple of townie reads, do you have any early scum reads?
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:14 pm

Post by CatStar »

In post 125, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 116, CatStar wrote:Not sure about this open wolfing thing, seems more personality than alignment based to me. I don't take much out of that exchange as I don't know them well enough to be even a bit sure...

@grandwazoo: is your point about overki11 and the TBF and tbh that's they are trying to be a bit vague so they can backtrack later? I don't quite get your point.

@roo: you've mentioned a couple of townie reads, do you have any early scum reads?
using acroryms isnt vague and how would I backtrack easily as scum later with that?
That was my point, I didn't understand.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm

Post by CatStar »

Regarding other reads... I'm finding it difficult to get other people's reasoning, and find myself thinking everyone could be scum in a hugely paranoid way! Perhaps that's a new thing as first game.

I had been suspicious of GrandWazoo because felt like a lot of posting without content, but that has faded somewhat as feels like they are pushing more now.

Otherwise, nothing solid.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by CatStar »

I'm curious about why people aren't voting- I get it's early but doesn't that help to move the game on and generate information? Which may only become significant later but still.

I'm not seeing anything to shift my read on Roo, but I found birdy's reasoning (feathery namesake aside) for their vote convincing and am going back to initial scummy read on GrandWazoo.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:50 am

Post by CatStar »

@RCEenigma: I agree with your reasoning about the overki11 wagon, who do you think is scum on it?

I'm still thinking Roo is mafia, and would think 1 of the team on, one off. Which makes egix and overki11 pretty town for me... I remain conflicted re GW as don't like their play but process of elimination suggests no. So not my preferred lynch for today.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:52 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 208, Roo wrote:@CatStar do you have any updated reads on anybody? you have been awfully quiet in this game
Disagree, I've spoken when had something to say...but given time of day reasonable to say more.

As I said, I'm leaning town on overki11 and egix. Having read another game GW played in mewbie, I think they are probs town.

FL I don't have much to say about. They are speaking a fair bit but not doing a lot of searching fromy POV which could read as anti town but seems consistent with their usual play (so not alignment indicative) and I see their point about reviewing information in D2. Null.

I don't understand other people's town lean on yellow, they aren't saying a huge amount that would consider town or scum hunting... But not do I see anything which could see as scum agenda so null.

Birdy explains their thought process and I can follow, so not reaching too much for things to be suspicious of. Not much outside of grand wazoo, but they haven't posted since Friday, so will see when they return. Town/ null.

RCEnigma... Null as despite agreeing with a lot what they say, Something about the way they defended overki11 made me wonder about buying town cred on his flip (knowing would flip town). Plus not voting where they say scum reads are despite it getting late in day... so... Null.

Roo remains my top scum read, for previously mentioned reasons and now feel they are trying to make shady comments to see what sticks, not seeing a strong reason for egix vote (wondered if did so following enigma comment re could see them as scum).
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by CatStar »

Okay, was not expecting that... The NK or the flip from lynch. That's thrown me, again. Got it very wrong on the last day, really not sure again now. Will read back over and see where get to...
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 247, RCEnigma wrote:Cat this is your first game right?
Yeah, finding it challenging!
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:53 am

Post by CatStar »

Okay, that seems pretty straightforward after all.

VOTE: birdy
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:53 am

Post by CatStar »

That's L-1
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 am

Post by CatStar »

Yay, win! Thanks to plotinus, I was using an emoji and confusing the board.

I found this tough, either talked myself in circles or fell to confirmation bias (sorry Roo!). Any suggestions? Found it hard to contribute in a way which others found helpful as well... May just need to play some more as reading all the newbie stuff and wiki was helpful but hard to apply...

Anyway, thanks to everyone I enjoyed playing!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”