Newbie 1915: Africa [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Elements »

In post 474, BBmolla wrote:
In post 448, Elements wrote:surely he also wouldn't play so scummily
What is scummy about my play?
your general air of "yea everything seems fine so i'm not going to mess it up by posting"
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:34 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 466, MaryJoLisa wrote:
In post 457, Elements wrote:
In post 456, MaryJoLisa wrote:Especially after that incredibly LAMIST post of his about how and when Mafia communicate during a game
How else do you want me to go about asking?
By PM to the Mod.

If I was to want to know how mafia communicated in the middle of the period in which they should be communicating, I'd PM the mod with my questio. I would anticipate how asking that here would appear like I'm scum letting an oopsie daisy town-tell slip by accidentally/on purpose.
this post comes from town
anybody still voting MaryJo after this should be asahmed
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

I tend to go inactive when things seem to be going in the right direction

I can try to find an example but people voting those I actually think are scum is uncommon this early
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:35 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

Not too much unless I flip green. Then you will appear like you didn't care which of us got killed so long as you took out a greenie.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 475, Elements wrote:
In post 474, BBmolla wrote:
In post 448, Elements wrote:surely he also wouldn't play so scummily
What is scummy about my play?
your general air of "yea everything seems fine so i'm not going to mess it up by posting"
It’s redundant

I clearly don’t give a fuck how I look so I don’t know how you get that thought process from my posts
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:43 am

Post by BBmolla »

We really need this replacement before much else can continue

@mod: can you pause deadline until Mr. Richards is replaced? It’s absurd to let time run out when we haven’t had an active player in that slot all day.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:52 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

It's a 10-day day phase!

10 days!

@mod so help me if you pause that deadline, I'll tell everyone in this thread that two of the birds you posted in your so called "African" themed game are European and North American!
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:58 am

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In hindsight I should have just gone with "Screw Dick" to voice my protest.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Searching for a replacement for Dick Richards.

The issue of the deadline will be dealt with once a replacement is found.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 464, Salami wrote:Elements you are making my head spin now
@Salami - what do you make of Elements right now?
Also, updated thoughts on your TTTT vote?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 481, MaryJoLisa wrote:It's a 10-day day phase!

10 days!

@mod so help me if you pause that deadline, I'll tell everyone in this thread that two of the birds you posted in your so called "African" themed game are European and North American!
...why would you not want time to sort out the replacement’s alignment??
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Post by Salami »

In post 484, cbynumber wrote:
TTTT is still my biggest SR and favored lynch but I acknowledge that the rest of town disagrees with me and it will probably not happen.
Elements? Mostly the same as before I disagree with your #459 I don't think he was looking for an excuse to leave the skitter wagon that looked like a genuine attempt at scumhunting to me.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 485, BBmolla wrote:
In post 481, MaryJoLisa wrote:It's a 10-day day phase!

10 days!

...why would you not want time to sort out the replacement’s alignment??
Mostly because I'm antsy. I don't have a good reason other than that I'm ready to get the show on the road. I'm not serious in my conviction against pausing the timer.

When I started this game, I thought the 10-day day phase thing was like a fall-back just in case the game happens to be populated by inactive players. I didn't realize that players would see it as a benefit to actually keep the day phase going for 10 days. I know I could go and look for myself, but do games in other areas go on for this long? How long are night phases in newbie games and games in other parts of the forum?
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Salami »

It's only this phase that lasts 10 days, the other are only 7 days long if I am not mistaken. Night phases are usually 48 hours
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

I think I read that too about the 7 days for subsequent day phases. I didn't know the night phase was 48 hours, though.
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Salami »

In my other game they were 48 hours not sure if it's universal but I assume so
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

I cannot imagine what they need 48 hours for if they're talking this whole time privately. Boggles my mind.
Salami
Salami
Townie
Salami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by Salami »

Outside of TTTT then skitter30 is probably the best lynch, she looked scummy about her implying she would join the BBmolla wagon. I'd also be fine with a Spam lynch because he is generally anti-town. I'm almost willing to lynch the lurker slot but that would be dumb before it gets replaced.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 491, MaryJoLisa wrote:I cannot imagine what they need 48 hours for if they're talking this whole time privately. Boggles my mind.
There can be players in different time zones. Makes it difficult to coordinate if not enough time is given to accommodate that.
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 493, BBmolla wrote:
In post 491, MaryJoLisa wrote:I cannot imagine what they need 48 hours for if they're talking this whole time privately. Boggles my mind.
There can be players in different time zones. Makes it difficult to coordinate if not enough time is given to accommodate that.
I suppose that's a reasonable point. I'm not arguing what's apparently been working for years and years, btw. Not by a long shot. This site seems to be the authority in this kind of game, so they're doing something right. Maybe it'll become more apparent as I play more games.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 456, MaryJoLisa wrote:I was sure I saw 4. Well... marching orders still stand. Skitter and Elements. Especially after that incredibly LAMIST post of his about how and when Mafia communicate during a game. Seriously? No call to do that after jumping on Spam for his LAMIST move in the beginning. Look at their interactions. Look at their defense strategy.
so like individually i townread this post but like holistically your thought processes make no sense to me
now i'm scum with elements again?

like your reasons for calling me scum have to do with who you think i may be partnered with at the time but like i still don't see why you think this is more likely than me/spam

like i don't get the transition from me/spam to me/elements .... like in the context of this post what's your read on spam? i can't tell

and again did you see ? i can't tell because you haven't acknowledged it so ...
like when you don't acknowledge posts that i direct towards you and ask you to acknowledge, yes, it does make me think you're just deliberately ignoring the points i'm raising
you're clearly reading the thread and interacting with other people so like i kinda doubt that you just missed it

==

kinda losing the townreads on spam and salami tbh

==
In post 473, BBmolla wrote:“He has no preference even though he is voting one of the two he thinks is scum”
In post 315, BBmolla wrote:I’m still content with a Mary lynch.

I could live with a skitter lynch too. I’m not getting any sort of townvibes.
In post 427, BBmolla wrote:I'm still pretty great with my vote but a skitter vote also looks pretty nice
i mean you're basically saying you're fine with both lynches; that's the bit i find scummy

==
In post 476, TTTT wrote:this post comes from town
anybody still voting MaryJo after this should be asahmed
i don't see it
it indicates that scum!her has an apparently fairly nuanced level of self-awareness that enables her to know how to write posts that don't sound scummy; it makes me doubt the genuineness of the posts that i have been townreading actually, especially the more LAMIST-y 'i'm fine with being lynched' ones

like she's basically saying that scum!her is self-aware enough to not sound scummy, which makes me more critical of posts that seem designed to tick all the boxes to make people think she's doing townie things (ie accepting her lynch, which didn't ever feel *real* to me)

==

actually i maybe retract the bbmolla scumread
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
MaryJoLisa
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
MaryJoLisa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by MaryJoLisa »

In post 495, skitter30 wrote: like she's basically saying that scum!her is self-aware enough to not sound scummy, which makes me more critical of posts that seem designed to tick all the boxes to make people think she's doing townie things (ie accepting her lynch, which didn't ever feel *real* to me)
You can always try to get the vote through on me, though. I feel like I keep repeating this to you but you're not acknowledging it. I'm fine with taking one for the team. Then town can evaluate the insight i've posted in light of my flip.

I think I did a made a very nice effort in replying to your questions. Posts 407 and 408 took time and effort and should have demonstrated my good faith in responding to the questions you had up until that point. I'll start working on answers to your new questions tomorrow. Fair warning,
I'm going on V/LA for several days. I won't be offline, I'll just have to condense my posts to a more limited window each day.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i def think you are making an effort but when you aren't acknowledging the posts i've made even just asking if you've seen what i've said it makes me think you're ignoring me given that you are definitely around and interacting with other people

if you could at least say in response to a post like - 'yeah i saw it, i'll answer it at some point' or 'i'm not planning on answering that' i'd feel better because as is i can't tell if like you've seen it or not or are planning on addressing it or not (and then i'd ask why you aren't engaging in a dialogue with me etc)

if i knew that you were going to get around to it at some point i wouldn't keep bringing those posts up so much because as is i can't tell and i don't know how else to get you to acknowledge them/me other than to keep bringing it up until you respond in some way
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 pm

Post by cbynumber »

In post 486, Salami wrote:
In post 484, cbynumber wrote:
TTTT is still my biggest SR and favored lynch but I acknowledge that the rest of town disagrees with me and it will probably not happen.
Elements? Mostly the same as before I disagree with your #459 I don't think he was looking for an excuse to leave the skitter wagon that looked like a genuine attempt at scumhunting to me.
I guess we'll see whether or not he leaves his vote there I suppose. I don't really see how, by voting bbmolla, he would expect to get a different reaction from a player who comes across the way BB does than the one he did?

Do you have any other reasons for favouring a TTTT lynch? I read your iso and you've only flagged his vote on DR and his vote/non-explanation on you as reasons.
cbynumber
cbynumber
Goon
cbynumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by cbynumber »

Also NMSA vanishing is only solidifying my read on him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”