Newbie 1912 [GAME COMPLETE]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 am

Post by Enter »

Muh how comfortable do you feel as scum and how comfortable do you feel as town?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:39 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1450, Enter wrote:Muh how comfortable do you feel as scum and how comfortable do you feel as town?
Could you clarify this? Are you talking about my meta?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:46 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Enter wrote:The only thing that would help, I think, at this point is if everyone cased their largest suspect and who they think their partner is - don't bother responding to each other, I think, and try and keep word count to a minimum. I'm trying to gauge some things that ... would help if I didn't have people arguing semantics in the thread.

Also, Thespian, walk me through the basic thought process for all your major actions this game, and munch walk me through your thought process for an end of day Lynch where you have two wagons at l-1 and you're the deciding vote
I'll get to why once I'm home, but it's very obvious that Muh is my #1 suspect and Munch follows easily behind as their partner.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Enter »

In post 1451, muh316 wrote:
In post 1450, Enter wrote:Muh how comfortable do you feel as scum and how comfortable do you feel as town?
You get a role pm for a new game.

What are your immediate thoughts/feelings when you see the text is red?
What about green?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:39 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1449, muh316 wrote:
In post 1440, Thespio wrote:Everyone else had me middle of the road, as scum does a claim benifit me if it guarantees I’m on the chopping block? You recognize I wasn’t under a ton of pressure, and yes I was kind of shocked my Pr had been called, so I claimed, I didn’t immediately claim. Also It was all I had when I claimed seeing as I got a NR N1.
Don't you think you would be A LOT more valuable if you had a result from N2 AND N3? Your claim makes zero sense and you should feel bad for fakeclaiming this early.
Muh we ml here and we lose, a prominent townie read asked for a claim, I asked if they were sure before because they are smart enough to know I will die, why do you think I would have only made it to N3? How do you know when scum would have killed me?

Muh/munch are my top two, munch so you know I’m following you tonight, so you had better kill me tonight. Munch is Demi a derby constantly and something has always felt off, I’ll know tonight even if no one else does.

Muh was caught red handed, I really want everyone to post why I would fake claim concisering everyone else’s readlists from D2.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:43 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1453, Enter wrote:

What about green?
When I see red it's usually a mix of excitement and nervousness. I'm excited because the role is a lot more fun to play . I'm nervous because it's harder to play scum because you know who's town/scum and have to lie and fake your actions. In this setup I do a lot of overthinking and re-read my posts over and over again before I hit submit.

When I see green it's a neutral reaction. I'm more carefree because I know I'm green and I shouldn't be lynched.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:54 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1454, Thespio wrote:Muh we ml here and we lose, a prominent townie read asked for a claim, I asked if they were sure before because they are smart enough to know I will die, why do you think I would have only made it to N3? How do you know when scum would have killed me?
I'll write this in caps just so you understand because I've repeated myself so many times already.

I WAS ALREADY ON MY WAY TO BEING LYNCHED. I was going to be lynched D2 if it wasn't for the goof at the end of the day. I was also set up for a D3 lynch. If we were on our way to lynching somebody besides me, then the claim makes complete sense because its MYLO. But in this case I WAS ALREADY ON MY WAY TO BEING LYNCHED THE PERSON THAT YOU "SCUM CONFIRMED" SO THERE IS NO REASON TO POP OUT AND SAY "HEY THIS GUY IS SCUM CONFIRMED" WHEN TOWN IS ALREADY TRYING TO LYNCH HIM.

Let's say you aren't lying and you are the tracker and I'm confirmed scum.
It doesn't matter if a tracker makes it through N3 or not when their ONLY confirmed scum is already being lynched. Your results don't matter at that point since you only had ONE confirmed read and an action is being taken on that ONE read. If the tracker does make it through N3 they are extremely valuable on D4. Therefore, it would be in the town's best interest for that tracker to remain hidden. Given that you have 3+ years on this site you should know this.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:57 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 1454, Thespio wrote:Muh/munch are my top two, munch so you know I’m following you tonight, so you had better kill me tonight.
This just sounds fake
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1456, muh316 wrote:I WAS ALREADY ON MY WAY TO BEING LYNCHED THE PERSON THAT YOU "SCUM CONFIRMED" SO THERE IS NO REASON TO POP OUT AND SAY "HEY THIS GUY IS SCUM CONFIRMED" WHEN TOWN IS ALREADY TRYING TO LYNCH HIM.
EXACTLY SO WHY WOULD I FAKE CLAIM? EXPLAIN HOW THAT MAKES ANY SENSE!!!!
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1456, muh316 wrote:Your results don't matter at that point since you only had ONE confirmed read and an action is being taken on that ONE read. If the tracker does make it through N3 they are extremely valuable on D4. Therefore, it would be in the town's best interest for that tracker to remain hidden. Given that you have 3+ years on this site you should know this.
I do know this, but a MYLO in a newbie game is the same thing as the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter in Football, people tend to get in their own heads and flop. It took me years to get used to MYLO/LYLO and having a tracker claim that saves town from an early loss is not a bad deal.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1446, Enter wrote:The only thing that would help, I think, at this point is if everyone cased their largest suspect and who they think their partner is -
don't bother responding to each other, I think
, and try and keep word count to a minimum.
I'm trying to gauge some things that ... would help if I didn't have people arguing semantics in the thread.
So much for this huh Enter?

I originally scumread Muh for their general lack of contributions and shadiness. Their Day 1 was utterly useless without any significant contribution whatsoever to the Loopdan wagon he joined aside from aggressive shading on me and Loop. Day 2 saw his case on me built around farming "townie points" while generally missing the town and meta side to my actions, which might ping me more than others as the one he was trying to case but now comes off as even stranger as he "liked my defense" and yet is still leaning on this same argument and vagueness. Now on Day 3 he has a claimed guilty on him, and even ignoring that is causing chaos all over the place by riling up Thespio (who keeps responding for who knows what reason? An urge to not let him get away with it?) while chasing after a Thespio/Magik scumteam which is essentially impossible since that team could easily have ended the game early Day 3 via an arranged quickhammer (and the same thing applies to Thespio/RCE).

Munchmellow is in a similar boat, and I went over most of it in . To summarize Munch also gave no really notable contributions during Day 1 or 2, but with the added downside of not ever really bringing up or talking about Muh outside of their readslist and being vague regarding her reads on him altogether. On top of that she popped right out of the gates to his defense via a chainsaw attack on Thespio on Day 3, insinuating a scum connection between her and Muh. Recent developments have added what I said in post to the potential scumminess list, since she wanted to kill Thespio earlier for his "fakeclaim" and has suddenly backpedaled and said that Thespio is no longer on the chopping block, although I'm waiting for a response on this accusation.

Apologies if this is bigger than you wanted. If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 1460, MagikHorse wrote:Now on Day 3 he has a claimed guilty on him, and even ignoring that is causing chaos all over the place by riling up Thespio (who keeps responding for who knows what reason? An urge to not let him get away with it?) while chasing after a Thespio/Magik scumteam which is essentially impossible since that team could easily have ended the game early Day 3 via an arranged quickhammer (and the same thing applies to Thespio/RCE).
If he's getting riled up it's because he's trying so hard to defend his lies. If he was actually confident in his claim he wouldn't be doing what he is doing now. I am also very frustrated with his fakeclaim which is why I'm causing this chaos.

As for the second part, you can't really make that claim and here's why.

I'm going to be using CST times here.

9:34 PM - RCE votes "much."
9:55 PM - Magik asks RCE to clarify his vote. At this point it would be far too risky for a Magik/Thespio team to quickhammer because they don't know if that's Muh or Munch.
10:14 PM - RCE votes muh
10:24 PM - Enter unvotes

The only time the scum team of Magik/Thespio could have hammered was inside that small 10 minute window. So it's entirely possible that both of you couldn't coordinate a quickhammer within that timeframe. That quickhammer argument of yours is invalid.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by Thespio »

We were both on though, as you can see by the posts, so not really
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 1462, Thespio wrote:We were both on though, as you can see by the posts, so not really
No you weren't.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 1459, Thespio wrote:I do know this, but a MYLO in a newbie game is the same thing as the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter in Football, people tend to get in their own heads and flop. It took me years to get used to MYLO/LYLO and having a tracker claim that saves town from an early loss is not a bad deal.
I don't think the newbies in this game are dummies.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Nauci »

Vote Count 3.4

muh316 (2) -
Enter
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
MagikHorse
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Thespio
Enter

Thespio (1) -
muh316

RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
(0) -

Munchmellow (0) -

MagikHorse (0) -
Enter

Enter (0) -

UNVOTE/Not Voting (3) -
muh316
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Munchmellow
Thespio
MagikHorse
Enter
Enter
Enter
RCEnigma
(PvtUrist)
Enter

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch or
3 votes to not lynch.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2019-02-08 16:00:00).

Mod Notes

RCEnigma was prodded.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

muh316 wrote:I am also very frustrated with his fakeclaim which is why I'm causing this chaos.
Scum wants chaos and confusion. Town wants to sort things out. You are not doing the latter here, and Enter has had to repeatedly try to cut off discussion between you two so he can get through the former which you've been promoting.
In post 1463, muh316 wrote:
In post 1462, Thespio wrote:We were both on though, as you can see by the posts, so not really
No you weren't.
There's still a window to quickhammer while both of us were on, as small as it may be. Alternatively, I don't vote at all until the quickhammer is set up for the lynch to avoid scaring Enter off and avoid drawing concern to it. Either way proves a similar point that this is unlikely at best and impossible at worst.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 1466, MagikHorse wrote:Scum wants chaos and confusion. Town wants to sort things out. You are not doing the latter here, and Enter has had to repeatedly try to cut off discussion between you two so he can get through the former which you've been promoting.
And you put the entire blame on me for that? Please take a look at your scum partner as well. Oh wait, you won't because you're his partner.
In post 1466, MagikHorse wrote:There's still a window to quickhammer while both of us were on, as small as it may be. Alternatively, I don't vote at all until the quickhammer is set up for the lynch to avoid scaring Enter off and avoid drawing concern to it. Either way proves a similar point that this is unlikely at best and impossible at worst.
Thespio was NOT on during that 10 minute window between the RCE vote and Enter's unvote. Therefore you couldn't have possibly set up the quickhammer. It's impossible to coordinate a quickhammer in a game like this in such a short time frame.

As for your vote, that still doesn't disprove your alignment with Thespio.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

We'll just have to see what Enter and RCE have to say about it then, won't we? Game's in their hands, not ours.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Thespio »

I’m fine waiting.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 1455, muh316 wrote:
In post 1453, Enter wrote:

What about green?
When I see red it's usually a mix of excitement and nervousness. I'm excited because the role is a lot more fun to play . I'm nervous because it's harder to play scum because you know who's town/scum and have to lie and fake your actions. In this setup I do a lot of overthinking and re-read my posts over and over again before I hit submit.

When I see green it's a neutral reaction. I'm more carefree because I know I'm green and I shouldn't be lynched.
Thanks. This is kind of what I expected, but also what I was looking for. How many times have you played scum?
In post 1460, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 1446, Enter wrote:The only thing that would help, I think, at this point is if everyone cased their largest suspect and who they think their partner is -
don't bother responding to each other, I think
, and try and keep word count to a minimum.
I'm trying to gauge some things that ... would help if I didn't have people arguing semantics in the thread.
So much for this huh Enter?
No kidding. I'm not even reading it at this point (I'm sorry, I'm tired, I've been driving for 14+ hours) just the stuff I specifically asked for and posts that catch my eye.

I originally scumread Muh for their general lack of contributions and shadiness. Their Day 1 was utterly useless without any significant contribution whatsoever to the Loopdan wagon he joined aside from aggressive shading on me and Loop. Day 2 saw his case on me built around farming "townie points" while generally missing the town and meta side to my actions, which might ping me more than others as the one he was trying to case but now comes off as even stranger as he "liked my defense" and yet is still leaning on this same argument and vagueness. Now on Day 3 he has a claimed guilty on him, and even ignoring that is causing chaos all over the place by riling up Thespio (who keeps responding for who knows what reason? An urge to not let him get away with it?) while chasing after a Thespio/Magik scumteam which is essentially impossible since that team could easily have ended the game early Day 3 via an arranged quickhammer (and the same thing applies to Thespio/RCE).

Munchmellow is in a similar boat, and I went over most of it in . To summarize Munch also gave no really notable contributions during Day 1 or 2, but with the added downside of not ever really bringing up or talking about Muh outside of their readslist and being vague regarding her reads on him altogether. On top of that she popped right out of the gates to his defense via a chainsaw attack on Thespio on Day 3, insinuating a scum connection between her and Muh. Recent developments have added what I said in post to the potential scumminess list, since she wanted to kill Thespio earlier for his "fakeclaim" and has suddenly backpedaled and said that Thespio is no longer on the chopping block, although I'm waiting for a response on this accusation.

Apologies if this is bigger than you wanted. If you've got any further questions, feel free to ask.
First, thanks for working with me. It's really nice.

Would you talk about riled up? Thespian looks like he's being more antagonistic than muh here, IMO, but your opinion would help, I think.

In post 1461, muh316 wrote:
In post 1460, MagikHorse wrote:Now on Day 3 he has a claimed guilty on him, and even ignoring that is causing chaos all over the place by riling up Thespio (who keeps responding for who knows what reason? An urge to not let him get away with it?) while chasing after a Thespio/Magik scumteam which is essentially impossible since that team could easily have ended the game early Day 3 via an arranged quickhammer (and the same thing applies to Thespio/RCE).
If he's getting riled up it's because he's trying so hard to defend his lies. If he was actually confident in his claim he wouldn't be doing what he is doing now. I am also very frustrated with his fakeclaim which is why I'm causing this chaos.

As for the second part, you can't really make that claim and here's why.

I'm going to be using CST times here.

9:34 PM - RCE votes "much."
9:55 PM - Magik asks RCE to clarify his vote. At this point it would be far too risky for a Magik/Thespio team to quickhammer because they don't know if that's Muh or Munch.
10:14 PM - RCE votes muh
10:24 PM - Enter unvotes

The only time the scum team of Magik/Thespio could have hammered was inside that small 10 minute window. So it's entirely possible that both of you couldn't coordinate a quickhammer within that timeframe. That quickhammer argument of yours is invalid.
Yes but this same argument is why a me/thespio scum team is impossible: because I could have kept my vote on until Thespian hammered. The fact that you brought up that it might have been me/Thespio with this fact in mind is... interesting and has lead me to the line of questioning we are in right now.
In post 1464, muh316 wrote:
In post 1459, Thespio wrote:I do know this, but a MYLO in a newbie game is the same thing as the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter in Football, people tend to get in their own heads and flop. It took me years to get used to MYLO/LYLO and having a tracker claim that saves town from an early loss is not a bad deal.
I don't think the newbies in this game are dummies.
I agree.

==
I think based solely on occams razor that it's probably muh/munch.

RCE please look at my case and tell me if I'm going crazy:

1. Muh suggesting me as possible thespio scum buddy
2. Munch following my push on thespio yesterday
3. Munch missing hammer at day end yesterday (I know mistakes happen and I made the same mistake, but it adds up)
4. Guilty from Thespio (I'm basing my belief that he's a PR on the fact that he pinged me as a PR and the "no result" conversation seeming like it would be reasonable for him to get that and he wouldn't get it as scum. If this is something Magik and Thespio came up with... props to them)

There's a couple other tiny things I could call them scum for, but this is the foundation. I guess the other thing to consider is magik being a relatively strong TR from almost everyone (I think even muh munch? Maybe I'm wrong) until he became thespios only option as a scum buddy.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm inclined to agree. I think the most damning thing is the missed hammer and 180 today. There are also inconsistencies regarding muh/Munch's stance on whether or not Thespio is tracker. Not so much muh anymore but Munch still considering it is weird to me. Thespio should be confirmed scum from both of their perspectives.

I was also thinking that doc would have been the easy claim from scum here. Why would it have been more believable for Thespio to be doc enter?

A doc claim would have implied a roleblocker so Elements dying in the night would have been reasonable. There's also the argument the chance to be blocked is doubled with blocker and with elements scumreading Thespio.

VOTE: Muh

I think this ends with muh and then munch.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:06 pm

Post by Enter »

I agree.

VOTE: muh
muh316
muh316