Newbie 1916: Epic Music [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:35 am

Post by CatStar »

VOTE: Birdy

Hello again!
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 19, teacher wrote:
1. What is your experience at Mafia
2. How do you play as town
3. How do you play as scum
4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town
1. One game on here, finished.
2. A bit paranoid
3. Don't know
4. Trying to split town, pushing reads without backing them up, engaging in lots of non game speculation... basically being present without advancing town wincon and causing confusion
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:42 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 34, roomy wrote:it strikes me as odd that some answers to the scumtell question are themed around scummy = playing like bad town (e.g. "being present without advancing town wincon" / having incomprehensible play). especially in a newbie game, this seems like a dangerous line of thinking; scum can play like legibly good town, and town players can lurk / be unhelpful / not explain reads.
Yes... I talked myself in circles in my other game about this. I found the difference between scum play/ poor town play hard to read.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 am

Post by CatStar »

@teacher: in 67 you said TemporalLich copies town reads, but I couldn't see who off when I read through?

I don't think TemporalLich is coming across particularly scummy, just not so experienced as some others. Was keen to start, which perhaps goes with jumping to reads which change. Can't see huge scum motivation for those reads changes.

I've got a townie feel from skellen, liked post 37 which can't see much propose behind as mafia and feels like they are pushing forward in a helpful way.

Teacher appears quite townie with questions and thinking, but less sure about alignment given some of this seems to be IC role and quite experienced.

I'm not sure what I got from reading people's self meta other than sending me into a WIFOM spin. @teacher: what did you learn?

Pretty much null on everyone else. I had a slight suspicion about roomy but found 79 good, open reasoning and open about being unsure and why continuing with their vote.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by CatStar »

In post 85, Skellen wrote:
Personally I think the issue with WIFOM is to not overthink anything otherwise it will never lead you anywhere.

What was your slight suspicion about roomy before?
I was a bit suspicious of the questions without their own analysis.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by CatStar »

In post 87, teacher wrote:
In post 85, Skellen wrote:What was your slight suspicion about roomy before?
Want me to jump in or to let CatStar speak?
Jump in about this topic?

I saw you ask someone else about time zone. I'm GMT and tend to have time to post before and after work, but that might mean I can't respond right away (though I like to read so I have some sense of what I want to say when I have time ).
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by CatStar »

In post 109, Skellen wrote:
In post 87, teacher wrote:Want me to jump in or to let CatStar speak?
Sure, go on.

Kind of hoped CatStar would have elaborated more on this, I figure she meant his questions towards Clem/teacher?
Yes that's right. But on reflection think I was over reacting.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 pm

Post by CatStar »

I'm still not seeing TemporalLich scum motivation for their posts, unless they are deliberately causing confusion as skellen says... On the other hand, they are stubbornly nul on someone others read as town (skellen) when would be easier to get town points as scum to agree. I'm seeing awkward play style which is not alignment indicative.

@skellen: I see your point about seeing scum partners as a bit wifom at this point, but based on interactions thus far who could you see being buddies with TL?

Regarding teacher, given their own self meta about efforting town regardless of alignment and role as IC, I'm not sure can give a confident read. Which is repeating myself a bit. However, am moving towards town for roomy based on recent posting.

@roomy: What do you think the motivation is for potentially misrepresenting TL comment as AtE?

There was a similar discussion in my last game, which turned out to be almost entirely town v town. From reading a few other games, it seems like people get hung up on language, which rarely pans out when you look back over the game once finished.

Bit suspicious of flippy not returning as promised, will see what their next post brings. I take it from their posts, and posts about them, will have to wait to see what flips and interaction info bring for Clem... So info required on their slot. Birdy am still neutral on.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 121, TemporalLich wrote:If Skellen's read were to deresolve it would most likely become scum, not town.
Because....?
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 128, TemporalLich wrote:
At the risk of sounding super OMGUSy, I feel her vote is baseless.
Why? What's so different between her and teacher or roomy's vote? She has made multiple posts about you, explaining a scum read.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by CatStar »

TL... I'm irritated. At this point their play is anti town, regardless of alignment. Just not sure if playstyle or alignment indicative. Happy with their lynch today if noone else starts sticking out, but plenty of time left so not voting yet to avoid quick day end.

@skellen: I don't have any strong scum leans. I got it I think 100% wrong in my last game, and decided someone was scummy on day 1… then saw everything they did through that filter. So now trying town hunting instead!

Liking urap entrance, feels strong and townie.

Flippynips.... Can't call town. Looking to see how they engage in next couple of days which will firm it up either way.

Birdy... See what happens. Bit funny they voted me to 'pressure activity' and disappeared.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 214, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 211, Clemency wrote:UNVOTE: temporallich
not my top lynch candidate anymore
Nice fake unvote.
Huh. Good catch. Makes their point tho.

So, process of elimination if skellen, roomy, URAP are town... Clemency and teacher are hard to be sure about at this point and helpful so don't support looking their way that leaves TL, good and flippynips.

TL: disagree with their read. Note that their reanalysis came out with the same result not as conceived this is townie. @temporallich: what do you think of the fact most other people are town reading your scum read? What prompted you to go back and re evaluate?

Waiting for good to come in so will see.

Flippynips: what do you think of TL change of tone, does that alter your perception?
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:12 am

Post by CatStar »

In post 211, Clemency wrote:UNVOTE: temporallich
not my top lynch candidate anymore
Anyone replaced them? Also, what do you make of the push on them- tvt or scum pushing a mislych?
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am

Post by CatStar »

@TL if you are town, you win regardless of being dead if town win. I can get you feeling frustrated regardless of alignment, but being at L-1 doesn't mean your thoughts aren't welcome and questions aren't useful.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 am

Post by CatStar »

I'm finding teachers initial questions about self meta more interesting now. Specifically, good appearing and saying they are overly aggressive as town then appearing most concerned about 'clearing' their slot than anything else and claiming more wordy and careful as Mafia. Looking forward to their roomy case...

If I were to vote now, it would be TL, but not wanting to end the day. Becoming more convinced they are scummy rather than just new.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by CatStar »

In post 297, teacher wrote: Urap s day open noting roomy’s flip reads seems inconsistent with a flip investigation. If he had that info as town, I think he’d wait to see who pushed Flip based on Roomys reads.
The first is a good point.

I don't get the roomy NK. Makes things more confusing unless thought were getting a PR.

I'm minded to believe good seems a really odd gambit as scum given their posting this far, provided they can explain why changed to URAP.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (isolation #16) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by CatStar »

@anyone with experience: how much can you usually make of night kills?
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by CatStar »

In post 313, good wrote:why would i invest roomy? i already scumread him. from where i come from, it is considered the meta for ti's to check their nullreads, since it is more efficent.
outing my check so early is my bad, i was simply excited
That makes sense. Hadn't thought of it that way.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:13 am

Post by CatStar »

VOTE: u r a person 2
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #19) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:26 am

Post by CatStar »

Wasn't a naked vote. I'd stated why I was going to vote, was waiting for good to come back with an answer.

I'm doc. I protected skellen n1 and good n2.
CatStar
CatStar
Townie
CatStar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:47 am

Post by CatStar »

That was quick!
CatStar
CatStar
Townie