RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

you're doing town a favor by pairing SS either way
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3774, RadiantCowbells wrote:like if the two are
both town

then you pairing town gives us a locktown pairing regardless of whom with

and the idea of you just wanting ankamius to leave the dance to silence me is really awful.
I'm afraid it was my only response to what was essentially a threat rather than an argument.

I'm not exactly clear as to whom you're referring to when you say "if the two are both town".
I thought you said the exact opposite just a bit earlier?
you're misunderstanding.
you ensure the lynch of scums by making locktown pairs.
preventing thebries town lynch is meaningless in the same sense that preventing my own lynch in a world where i wasn't going to endgame was meaningless.
Your view is fatalistic. I don't agree with you in that TheBrie cannot go to endgame.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3775, RadiantCowbells wrote:like

you're doing town a favor by pairing SS either way
I don't disagree. I simply believe that I can do better.

Nothing against you, SS. I can just do better than you :wink:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 pm

In post 3776, Moment wrote:I'm afraid it was my only response to what was essentially a threat rather than an argument.

I'm not exactly clear as to whom you're referring to when you say "if the two are both town".
It's a threat that I have to make? I don't think that thebrie is town. the arguments made in favor of her being town are 'purity' which I cant argue with.

My
argument
is that by pairing thebrie you're dividing town and removing a locktown pairing from consideration.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:24 pm

i have more historical games with thebrie than any other player. my reads are pretty damn good. my read on her should mean a lot more to yall than it seems to.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Had a long days work today. Had to wake up just after 3 AM. So I had to nap before coming on.
In post 3767, Moment wrote:The evidence is that she has not yet paired with me. I believe the logical conclusion from that evidence points towards her being town.

Ideally, I would like to pair with Brie, if only because it might stop people from lynching someone whom I believe to be town. Failing that, I think Urist-Brie might be a good pair.

The problem is that I townread both SS and Brie but only one of the three remaining gentlemen besides myself, that being Urist.
Are you then wanting me paired with you, and SS with Urist? (or viceversa). That could work.
But tell me, why do you think Allomancer is scum? I think I could work with him, and if you're town, I don't want to make RC kill you.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm

this is so fucking frustrating because i'm not even 100% on brie being scum. i just think she's... not locktown. i don't want her treated as locktown. there's enough agreed locktowns that we can work around her

so right now I either play against my wincondition or be forced to make an incredibly divisive play that will only see justification part of the time
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Moment »

Brie, I'd appreciate if you didn't accept my offer for the time being, until this is cleared up.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm

moment do you think that me/ss is ever scum v scum
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3778, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 3776, Moment wrote:I'm afraid it was my only response to what was essentially a threat rather than an argument.

It's a threat that I have to make? I don't think that thebrie is town. the arguments made in favor of her being town are 'purity' which I cant argue with.

My
argument
is that by pairing thebrie you're dividing town and removing a locktown pairing from consideration.
My argument has nothing to do with "purity". I believe I've been relatively straightforward.

------
In post 3780, TheBrie wrote:Had a long days work today. Had to wake up just after 3 AM. So I had to nap before coming on.
In post 3767, Moment wrote:The evidence is that she has not yet paired with me. I believe the logical conclusion from that evidence points towards her being town.

Ideally, I would like to pair with Brie, if only because it might stop people from lynching someone whom I believe to be town. Failing that, I think Urist-Brie might be a good pair.

The problem is that I townread both SS and Brie but only one of the three remaining gentlemen besides myself, that being Urist.
Are you then wanting me paired with you, and SS with Urist? (or viceversa). That could work.
But tell me, why do you think Allomancer is scum? I think I could work with him, and if you're town, I don't want to make RC kill you.
It's process of elimination.

What would you think of pairing with Urist?
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3783, RadiantCowbells wrote:moment do you think that me/ss is ever scum v scum
I don't believe SS is scum in the first place, so I would doubt it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

So. You can pair with TheBrie or SS who are both confirmed town-ish from your point of view. Do you agree thus far?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I don't need to be lock town, RC. But do we really have that many agreed on lock towns?
Since when is SS lock town?

(I hardly believe in lock town being a thing at all.)
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Moment »

Indeed.

For the sake of postcount and expedience you can go through the rest of this hypothetical slotting in what you believe my answers are, and I can inform you if there's some error along the way.

I do have to go to sleep.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Ok so we have

Moment hypothetically locktown
You can pair with 1/2 of {SS/TheBrie}
Either way, we get 1 strong endgame pairing.

Let's even assume for now that both SS/THeBrie are flipped town, so lets not make this about my read on TheBrie even.
In the remaining gentlemen pool, we have Allomancer, DT, Pvturist.
None of these gentlemen are endgame gentlemen unless they really town up the slots that they are present in.

So regardless of whether you keep SS or TheBrie alive, the other is dying before endgame because their gentleman is going to be inherently less trustworthy than other pairings that already exist

So preventing thebrie from being mislynched is a misnomer: regardless of who you don't accept, that pairing is going to end up removed from play.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3781, RadiantCowbells wrote:this is so fucking frustrating because i'm not even 100% on brie being scum. i just think she's... not locktown. i don't want her treated as locktown. there's enough agreed locktowns that we can work around her

so right now I either play against my wincondition or be forced to make an incredibly divisive play that will only see justification part of the time
im not lock towning thebrie. is this at moment or who exactly?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm

I'm not even sure how I feel about TheBrie

I just think that whoever you get paired with, Moment, is going to end up being the conftown pair not nightkilled before endgame and I want to be super choosy about it
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3789, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ok so we have

Moment hypothetically locktown
You can pair with 1/2 of {SS/TheBrie}
Either way, we get 1 strong endgame pairing.

Let's even assume for now that both SS/THeBrie are flipped town, so lets not make this about my read on TheBrie even.
In the remaining gentlemen pool, we have Allomancer, DT, Pvturist.
None of these gentlemen are endgame gentlemen unless they really town up the slots that they are present in.

So regardless of whether you keep SS or TheBrie alive, the other is dying before endgame because their gentleman is going to be inherently less trustworthy than other pairings that already exist

So preventing thebrie from being mislynched is a misnomer: regardless of who you don't accept, that pairing is going to end up removed from play.
Our disagreement again comes from a difference in perspective in that none of those people can be brought to endgame. I think Urist is decently likely to be town, although he has mentioned a desire to die before a certain point. In that sense Urist-Brie somewhat satisfies both of us.

I really just can't put in the same kind of effort that I used to be able to so I am actually leaning towards asking SS, if only due to weariness. I don't think that I could put in the kind of effort that I would need to to keep my pairing alive if I were to dance with Brie, especially if you're so inclined to tunnel her as you've stated.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

rc is a over controlling parent over moments love life.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 pm

I think nancy drew pairing is going to be shot and i think me/ankamius are going to end up self destructing at some point

i'll read brie's old games again because i don't want to be the reason she's not brought to endgame if she's town but ugh this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3791, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not even sure how I feel about TheBrie

I just think that whoever you get paired with, Moment, is going to end up being the conftown pair not nightkilled before endgame and I want to be super choosy about it
Here are my terms: accept them or don't, but I should hope that you at least consider them.

I ask SS, and you don't let your small doubt on Brie turn into a deathtunnel simply because you don't 100% townread her.

Something Smart, would you like to dance?

Time to go to bed.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 pm

NO SON OF MINE IS BRINGING AN AUSSIE GIRL HOME MOMENT
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm

if i can locktown your pairing

i can completely let go of having to keep my slot alive

and that is... super freeing
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 3793, Firebringer wrote:rc is a over controlling parent over moments love life.
Who shall I pick, the rebellious bad boy Brie or the choice that my overcontrolling parents want me to pick, SS?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3798, Moment wrote:
In post 3793, Firebringer wrote:rc is a over controlling parent over moments love life.
Who shall I pick, the rebellious bad boy Brie or the choice that my overcontrolling parents want me to pick, SS?
I am a bigger supporter of giving people freedom of choice so I shall give u same advice I tell myself.

BURN BOTH OF THEM TO THE GROUND!
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”