Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

VOTE: TTTT because last game happened and I'm salty
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:50 am

In post 17, SaintAngelDFE wrote:VOTE: TTTT cause his name hurts me.
What about his avatar?
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:56 am

In post 37, TTTT wrote:since there's no IC
make sure everybody reads this...
In post 3, Micc wrote:Voting, L-x, and Hammers
L-x is a way to convey how far away a player is away from a lynch. For example, you should always announce that you are putting someone at L-1 (1 vote away from a lynch) so that someone doesn’t come along and accidentally vote for that players lynch. This also prevents Mafia-aligned players from coming along and placing the final vote to lynch (“hammer”) and claiming ignorance about doing so. You may also see L-2 and L-3 (2 votes away from a lynch and 3 votes away from a lynch, respectively).

Before you hammer a player, state your intent to hammer (usually done in bold) and ask the player to claim their role. This is done to prevent power roles from being lynched, and can sometimes get Mafia-aligned players to be caught (via counter claiming). It's best to then allow other players to react and discuss the claim before hammering.
TTTT wrote:
In post 46, Thespio wrote:it seems silly to jump on a newbie for their first couple posts
ask NotMySpamAccount how he feels about this...
These two are related, read day 2 of 1915 for explanation. And I agree with TTTT, do jump on a newbie for their first couple of posts. I should have been lynched day 1.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:58 am

ebwop: day 1 of that game, not this one.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm

In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Not even done reading through the thread after my crazy workload from today but :))))))) also town!TTTT plus town!urap2 means an almost certain town win, and I'm reading them both that way (they're both playing the exact same way they did in 1915), so town chances don't look bad even if I'm forced to lurk all game from meatworld responsibilities.
In post 218, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
It's stupid as all heck, but seriously, greeting the thread (esp in first posts, but later too I bet) comes from newb!scum way way more often than from newb!town
I agree here, it's basically how they caught me in 1915, which (to forestall argument) I will continue to cite constantly all game, since it's my only experience on here.

No time to respond to everything rn, but if I'm forced to continue lurking, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up. Thus, VOTE: chennisden
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:46 am

In post 260, Thespio wrote:
In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up.
Sheeping this early into the game, when there are people not posting. this ladies and gentlemen is called a scum tell.
Not scum, just crazy busy irl because of tests and other stuff, plus I trust those two to find scum cause I have nothing else to go on besides a scumlean on chennisden.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm

In post 316, chennisden wrote:how is someone at L-1 supposed to pressure 4 people? ? ? i chose you because your reasoning seems the least consistent AND you were the one to put me at L-1.

what this has to do with meta - look at ur last non-1917 post

i dont wanna ad hominem, but it rly looks like you're wagoning me just for the lols

and OF COURSE i'm attacking you for putting me at L-1. if someone has an intent to hammer, lets just hope i dont get NKed (if someone doesnt lol hammer me w/o claiming intent)
I don't know about anyone else, but the start of this just seems scummy for some reason. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, can't tell why. Can anyone explain the last sentence? I can't quite understand what it means, it seems disconnected if you know what I mean. Also, sorry for the inactivity.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 am

chennisden wrote:I have the same question. Does scum have daychat?
This is scum change my mind. The EchoVision version at least sounded a little towny to me, but chen is scum.
chennisden wrote:1 vote will do nothing
Lies.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:15 am

In post 250, chennisden wrote:what if no newbs rolled scum is my question

Given 4 SE's, that's not a bad chance.

Also friendly reminder NMSA is now EchoVision
4 SE's out of 9 players. Chance of 2 being scum is (4C2*5C0)/9C2 = 6*1/36 = 1/6, so not bad odds, but I wouldn't bet on it, since it's literally a dice roll.

URAP, I got u, textwall incoming.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:22 am

In post 338, chennisden wrote:
In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Not even done reading through the thread after my crazy workload from today but :))))))) also town!TTTT plus town!urap2 means an almost certain town win, and I'm reading them both that way (they're both playing the exact same way they did in 1915), so town chances don't look bad even if I'm forced to lurk all game from meatworld responsibilities.
In post 218, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
It's stupid as all heck, but seriously, greeting the thread (esp in first posts, but later too I bet) comes from newb!scum way way more often than from newb!town
I agree here, it's basically how they caught me in 1915, which (to forestall argument) I will continue to cite constantly all game, since it's my only experience on here.

No time to respond to everything rn, but if I'm forced to continue lurking, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up. Thus, VOTE: chennisden
why are you not taking responsibility for your reads? when i flip green you're gonna blame TTTT/Urap for pushing me

and if either of them flips red you don't have to take any responsibility for a bad push
You're not going to flip green. And if you want a reads list, here you go.

screamingnoodle: Lurking, mostly oneliners, playing like newbscum I think. Scumlean.
CsBlastoise: Scummy for his opening, improved a bit since then. Scumlean.
Echovision: Not sure what to say here. Maybe town, but that's just a gut read. I wouldn't vote him yet, but he could definitely convince me to.
chennisden: Oh wow, that's a scummy iso. This is how I played my first game. This is scum, folks.
Thespio: Terrible reads, just trying to cover up how scummy he was early. Probably scum.
ur a person 2: Similar to last game, I like this a lot, he was actually the first one pressuring me for more content, so here ya go buddy. Probably town.
TTTT: Playing the same as 1915, I like his reads, most likely town.
GuiltyLion: This iso looks pretty town to me. He's pressuring people for their inconsistencies, and generally just playing like I think a good townie should play. High hopes for GL/URAP/TTTT townbloc now.

2 out of chen, thespio, noodle, and csblastoise are scum (likelihood in order of most to least).

pedit:
chennisden wrote:NMSA, im very tempted to townread you now since i assume you do/did competition math

you can be my BFF after this game
Townread me if you like, I took the AMC 12 wednesday so ur right about the math. You're scum anyway don't try to buddy me.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:01 am

In post 421, TTTT wrote:scum!NotMy would know he'd look scummy if chennis town-flipped and his only reason to be on the wagon was sheeping
Exactly. Also, catchup time, I'll be spamming posts a little bit.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:02 am

In post 429, GuiltyLion wrote:I think if there's scum in my blind spot it's Echo - I like his reads this game so I haven't taken too critical of an eye towards his posts but there are some things there that could be scum-indicative after you get a few surprising townflips first

but I've also been thinking that chendennis/screaming noodle scumteam would actually make a lot of sense here
It would, they definitely both seem scummy.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:06 am

In post 474, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: chennisden

back to L-1 again
Thank you. Let's hammer chen and then move on to noodle. I'm 99% certain at least one is scum.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 am

In post 514, TTTT wrote:someone should intend to hammer chennis so we can get his fake-claim out of the way
I'll go ahead and hammer myself, screw it. VOTE: Chennisden
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am

In post 526, GuiltyLion wrote:hot take, chen is mafia power role that's why Thespio is trying so hard to save him
hmmm my gut likes this no matter the odds.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 am

TTTT, why is what I just did a good idea when you did it to MJL in 1915, but a bad idea now?
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am

It got reactions at least.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:18 am

In post 548, TTTT wrote:
In post 544, NotMySpamAccount wrote:TTTT, why is what I just did a good idea when you did it to MJL in 1915, but a bad idea now?
shush
Seriously, you practically lolhammered there. I did here. What's the difference?
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:23 am

In post 553, chennisden wrote:What the fuck was that lolhammer?
I'm sick of waiting, were you scum.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #19) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:26 am

oh yes it actually worked
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:27 am

high five TTTT for covering for me
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:28 am

That was the best thing I'll ever do as town
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 am

If I die tonight, lynch Thespio tomorrow.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:44 am

u r a person 2 wrote:interesting choice of nk

VOTE: Thespio
Yeah, that kill is weird.

VOTE: Thespio for being obvscum.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:22 am

TTTT wrote:
In post 672, EchoVision wrote:i saw the lolhammer but didn't want to give it away and i could've SWORN TTTT and NMSA gave it away and that was the last thing i read before i went to work and i was like MOTHER FUCKERRRRRR YOU DWEEBS but it's okay it worked out i suppose...
NMSA and URAP gave it away
then we pushed to a pagetop and NMSA and I tried to cover it up
still can't believe we pulled that off
Yeah we got lucky there I thought I had screwed it up.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:09 am

u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 686, chennisden wrote:
In post 664, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 19, Thespio wrote:hello guys
just sayin

greeting thread in first post is scum indicative
what makes you say that?
take a walk through the newbie games in my history if you want to see it for yourself

but i think it has caught or should have caught at least 1 scum in like 5 in a row now or something silly
This caught me my first game. It's kinda uncanny how good it is.
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”