Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:11 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

VOTE: Thespio for having a Sabertooth mage as his avatar.

Kidding, Sabertooth's fine. UNVOTE: .
Also, you guys seem to be taking RVS unexpectedly seriously.
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

I'll open with this:
In post 25, TTTT wrote:Hey newer players...
can you guys all get some avatars uploaded?
doesn't matter what it is
but it helps everyone else keep track by attaching your posts to a "face"
This is a good point. For now, it's not going to be easy differentiating between SaintAngelDFE and NotMySpamAccount.

Now, on to the discussion at hand:
In post 24, TTTT wrote:
In post 18, TTTT wrote:[votes chennisden]
and I'm already out of RVS
not joking
4 of his 5 posts are newbscum
"4 of his 5 posts are newbscum"? Seriously, look at chennisden's ISO. You seriously think that what little content he has posted is scummy?
In post 31, Thespio wrote:Dude the games 30 seconds in and you are claiming to have figured it all out, tbh this looks like an early lynch gambit, with no IC trying to get newbies to collapse on one person for an early kill. Im 99.999999999% sure the things pinging your scumdar are newbies trying to learn to play.
Yeah, I kind of have to agree with this.
In post 32, Thespio wrote:
In post 30, TTTT wrote:bc it's the only way to kill scum
Its also a good way to kill town.
I do partially agree with TTTT: If we don't start pressuring people, we'll never find scum. However, I also agree with Thespio: if we're not careful and something based off of nothing, we could easily end up mislynching town. Just keep both of those points in mind.
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:24 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 42, CsBlastoise wrote:… if we're not careful and something based off of nothing, we could easily end up mislynching town. Just keep both of those points in mind.
Oops, I meant to write "if we're not careful and
push
something based off of nothing…"
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:49 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 45, TTTT wrote:…so far chennis is posting like how newbscum posts
If you think that, I'll have to leave that up to you. I don't know what newbscum posts tend to look like; in the one past game I started playing on this forum (see my signup post on the newbie queue for more info on what I mean by "started playing"), one of the scum was an SE, the other was replaced for inactivity and by that point there was plenty of material for his replacement to use to contribute well to the game.

PEdit: Ninja'd
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 49, NotMySpamAccount wrote:…I should have been lynched day 1 [of Newbie 1915].
Oh my gosh, he's right. Take a look:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10695339#p10695339]post 28[/url] of [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=78626]Newbie 1915[/url], NotMySpamAccount wrote:Hey guys, I'm new, never played mafia online or in irl at all, but my friends said I should try this so here I am. I'm a bit confused by my role to be honest though, since I'm a Vanilla Townie (it's ok to say that, right?), does that mean I don't get to do anything? Sorry if it's a dumbb question, I've never played before like I said, so I want to find out what I can. Great to get started with you guys, sure this'll be heaps of fun!
They didn't lynch him until day 2. At least their D1 lynch was his scumpartner.
In post 47 of the Newbie 1827 dead thread, mhsmith0 wrote:

I feel like this game is like a giant primer on how NOT to play mafia. On both sides really.

My biggest RIP moment so far
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:29 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Oh yeah, his follow-up was:
…which only deepened the hole he had dug for himself.

I feel like this game is like a giant primer on how NOT to play mafia. On both sides really.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:31 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 59, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 42, CsBlastoise wrote:
Thespio wrote: Dude the games 30 seconds in and you are claiming to have figured it all out, tbh this looks like an early lynch gambit, with no IC trying to get newbies to collapse on one person for an early kill. Im 99.999999999% sure the things pinging your scumdar are newbies trying to learn to play.
I also don't see why you "have to agree" with Thespio here. I feel Thespio is misrepping TTTT pretty hard, TTTT never claimed to have it all figured out and the IC point is extremely reachy. Thespio is basically inventing a scum!TTTT narrative to throw shade at him. TTTT even explicitly said not to continue to vote chendennis

I'm kinda thinking regardless of Thespio's alignment this sheepiness looks scummy from CsBlastoise, but just for page 3 bragging rights I'm wondering if this is the scumteam right here.
Thank you for pointing out the possibility that Thespio's actions could be scummy. I think the main part of it I agree with is not so much that TTTT is trying to push something, but that the things TTTT may be pointing out might just be "newbies trying to learn to play."
GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 47, CsBlastoise wrote:If you think that, I'll have to leave that up to you.
you don't want to ask why he thinks that?

I feel like there'd be a lot of benefits, you could understand where TTTT is coming from better to help sort his slot
you could learn something in a general sense about what behaviors may be considered scummy in games here on mafiascum

but to just say "meh, I'll leave that to you" feels decidedly not curious in a bad way, and possibly like you want to wash your hands of the attention paid to chendennis
No, that's inaccurate, I'm just trying to say that chen's contributions so far look more like null newbie things to me. That being said, I do think we should investigate chen more, particularly by asking him directly for input and getting some participation from him — I mean, come on, he's only got five posts so far, and each one was only one line long (not counting the quote in one of them).

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:34 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Oh flip, I got Ninja'd by six posts and I didn't notice (that is to say, the last post I saw was #59). Well, I gotta go somewhere quick; TTTT and Thespio, I'll get back to you soon.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 62, TTTT wrote:@CsBlastoise
I know it's early
but if you had to pick one scum right now
who it be?
Too soon to say.
In post 64, Thespio wrote:
In post 56, GuiltyLion wrote:good point, better not vote or lynch anybody then I gues
Im not saying lets no vote, im saying lets not lynch someone 1 day into the game after a very newbie set of posts.
Yeah, we need more than five one-liners, one of which was an EBWOP, to justify a lynch on anyone. That being said, if chen doesn't add much soon, a case could be made for lurking.
In post 70, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 66, CsBlastoise wrote:Thank you for pointing out the possibility that Thespio's actions could be scummy. I think the main part of it I agree with is not so much that TTTT is trying to push something, but that
the things TTTT may be pointing out might just be "newbies trying to learn to play."
but how can you agree on this when you don't know what "things" TTTT is pointing out or why he thinks they're scummy? You asked him if he found chen scummy and he said yes, but then you decided not to follow up, that's what I'm trying to understand. …
Maybe a better way to respond to TTTT would have been, "Well, I think it looks more like newbie behavior than scum behavior, but, knowing that you have more experience than I do, I would not be surprised if you picked up on something I may not have." But yes, now I'm realizing that I should ask @TTTT, just what is it in Chen's minimal content that you find scummy?
In post 70, GuiltyLion wrote:And you agreed with Thespio who seemed to be more against the idea of pressuring chendennis for what he's posted at all.
In post 66, CsBlastoise wrote:That being said, I do think we should investigate chen more, particularly by asking him directly for input and getting some participation from him — I mean, come on, he's only got five posts so far, and each one was only one line long (not counting the quote in one of them).
maybe I'm being unfair here, but if you want to ask him for input/participation, why not do that yourself?
Sure.
@Chennisden, what do you have to say about these reads on you? Anything you have to say for yourself?

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:38 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 75, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 72, Thespio wrote:Im sorry but this makes you look dense, if you arent willing to read the game why are you queuing?
CsBlastoise, you understood exactly what I was saying (and thanks for the reply, that is helping clear some things up for me). What do you think of this comment from Thespio here?
Are you asking me about the quote
before
this question or the quote
after
this question? If you're asking about the comment before, I don't know what to say — I mean, it's all about what Thespio thinks. If it's about the comment after, see what I wrote under it.
In post 72, Thespio wrote:lets just not lynch someone because of some newbie posts,
again, no one was saying to lynch.
Thespio wasn't saying anyone was saying to lynch either; his comment stems from the fact that Chen is at L-2.
In post 72, Thespio wrote:Im more curious why you are so offensive with nothing to go on.
I'm not "offensive", I'm asking questions and applying pressure to help me sort people.
It does look kind of aggressive, but hey, it's keeping the game moving. I'm not complaining too much.
In post 72, Thespio wrote:why do you think im miss repping? why are you replying saying im not answering questions when I am?
already answered both of these. you still are not answering why you chose to say TTTT and I were "freaking out"
Okay, this is the kind of behavior I remember seeing in Newbie 1827 (see my signature for more info), and it can get real ugly real fast. I propose that when one says that another is not answering questions, the latter should patiently restate his/her answers
before
demanding answers in return.
In post 72, Thespio wrote:I think you might be the best place to put pressure.
I'd be quite surprised if anyone agreed with you.
I feel like the best responds to this would be a thinking emoji, but we don't seem to have one built into this forum.

Next post: an answer to TTTT. Stay tuned.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 79, TTTT wrote:
In post 73, CsBlastoise wrote:But yes, now I'm realizing that I should ask @TTTT, just what is it in Chen's minimal content that you find scummy?
I hate doing this bc now it's gonna look like I'm super-efforting for this lynch
but you asked nicely...

Spoiler:
In post 9, chennisden wrote:VOTE: Screamingnoodle Gonna put the pressure on someone who's confirmed while I'm waiting for the inactives.
In post 10, chennisden wrote:EbWoP: confirmed their role PM.
In post 15, chennisden wrote:1 post is not enough to scumread anyone. Best to let the game develop in RVS for now I guess
In post 16, chennisden wrote:
In post 13, GuiltyLion wrote:no worries, there's not really a "standard" and people will have different opinions on how to interpret things. if you're town don't sweat it, I'll likely come around on you if you stay engaged. early game you kinda just have to start with small things and see where it leads, to me voting you for a non-random reason is
incrementally better than voting a slot randomly
You're right. May change vote to Muh due to "voting for salt" (better than voting a random slot)

this looks like newbscum overly concerned with how others perceive him
is over-explained
we know chennis read the "Introduction and Tips" post with the RVS info (based on )
yet he still goes out of his way to make his RVS vote look un-scummy
is unnecessary (again looks like he's concerned with how he's viewed)
the "I guess" is noncommitall and the whole post is a missed opportunity to engage with his accuser (GL)
here he kinda engages with GL but in an appeasing way that is non-committal and approval seeking
Okay, I see where you're coming from. However, I still feel like it's plausible enough for his behavior to come simply from the fact that he's new.

Honestly, I don't want to make a huge deal out of this, especially before chen has a chance to weigh in. I'll make it clear now that my read on chennisden is pretty much Null for the time being: I feel like what he has said so far is not necessarily scummy, but he has not yet said anything to make him seem like a townie, either. (Notice I never did claim to townread him.) He just sounds like a newbie to me, that's all.

@Chen, could you weigh in so that we can have a better idea of where to go with this (or whether we should just drop it)?

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 85, TTTT wrote:
In post 73, CsBlastoise wrote:
In post 62, TTTT wrote:@CsBlastoise
I know it's early
but if you had to pick one scum right now
who it be?
Too soon to say.
c'mon
gun to your head who is scum?
[Very fearfully]
Aaah! I'm telling you I have no clue! Now get that gun away from me, please!

Seriously, though, I'm on the new side. I'm not that great at reading people. (Not to mention that I was a in Newbie 1827… and I was town.)

(I seriously need to stop citing Newbie 1827.)

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 86, CsBlastoise wrote:Seriously, though, I'm on the new side. I'm not that great at reading people.
I know it probably looks scummy, but it's true. I'm kind of reading everyone as more null than anything else.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:32 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

By the way,
[Got ninja'd by a relevant post; added the first sentence accordingly.] Yeah, the four of us are kind of dominating this game.
Specifically, we seriously need some more input from SaintAngelDFE and muh316; each of them has only posted once, and they were both more than 12 hours ago. Screamingnoodle also has only two posts, but at least his most recent one was two hours ago.

Granted, I was once in a situation where I tried to play a forum mafia game while my access to MafiaScum was limited, so if that's the case with Saint and muh, I can understand. On the other hand, such a situation is extremely undesirable: there's so much catchup to do and it's so hard to post that it's not worth it, and I should have asked to be replaced long before I was force-replaced for inactivity.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 90, Screamingnoodle wrote:I'm a her.
Oops, sorry! I should have made sure to go back and check people's pronouns.
In post 90, Screamingnoodle wrote:I've just been mainly reading what everyone has been saying. Mainly because I am not used to the mechanics that you all have been discussing.
Yeah, it can be kind of overwhelming. Maybe taking a look at the MafiaScum wiki will help.
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
Lol, so relatable.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

Oh, here's something that would be nice to know: What time zones are people in?

I'm in the US eastern time zone, GMT -5 (daylight saving starts March 10)

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 95, chennisden wrote:@screaming wait did you just OMGUS me

thoughts: TTTT is probably town tunneling too hard at the beginning. See Newbie 1912 where Enter pushed Loopdan for a D1 lynch. Somewhere between Null & Town Lean

CsBlastoise is Town Lean for trying not to push town too hard at the beginning.

@Thespio what makes you think people are trying to lynch me? Two of the three on my wagon are applying pressure and the other is OMGUSing(?)

@Screaming an OMGUS is usually indicative of scum, though I won't scumread you off of that.
Oh, okay, looks like you must have some experience playing some sort of mafia online, based on the fact that you know what an OMGUS is. (Similarly, I played a good amount of chatroom mafia before playing on MafiaScum).

What are your thoughts on GuiltyLion? You've covered everyone else who has posted more than the mod so far, so…

PEdit: Ninja'd by the mod.
PE2: Ninja'd again. @chen Saint asked for replacement, so the apparent lurking might not be his fault.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:12 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Various individual thoughts:

The differences in time zones are clearly going to make a huge impact on this game.

Chen is all over the place now.

@Muh we need to see some activity from you so that at least we know you're alive. It can be short (but try to make it at least a little constructive), we just need something. Seriously, you've only posted once, and it's the oldest one other than the mod's setup posts. If it's not your fault that you can't post frequently, I can understand, but then you should consider just asking the mod for a replacement. As I've said before, I once tried playing a forum mafia game with limited ability to post, and it wasn't worth the work.

Ninja Edits:
@Screaming RE : Mod said Saint already asked for replacement.
@Chen RE : No, that's no fair to the replacement. It'll be stressful enough doing catchup on a seven-page thread.

PEdit 2:
Double Ninja'd

PEdit 3:
In post 162, TTTT wrote:I'd like to talk about stuff other than chennis
but nobody else is here...
I'm here! What would you like to discuss this morning, kind sir?

PEdit 4: Gah! Enough with the ninjas!

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:19 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 166, TTTT wrote:
In post 164, CsBlastoise wrote:I'm here! What would you like to discuss this morning, kind sir?
I'm kinda curious
what have you done to prep for this game
like either before it started or since it has begun
Nothing, honestly (for one thing, I didn't have a chance before it started because I was picked as a replacement and then I just dove in headfirst). I don't even know what one might do for prep (I'm new-ish, remember).

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 170, TTTT wrote:
In post 167, CsBlastoise wrote:
In post 166, TTTT wrote:
In post 164, CsBlastoise wrote:I'm here! What would you like to discuss this morning, kind sir?
I'm kinda curious
what have you done to prep for this game
like either before it started or since it has begun
Nothing, honestly (for one thing, I didn't have a chance before it started because I was picked as a replacement and then I just dove in headfirst). I don't even know what one might do for prep (I'm new-ish, remember).
thx that's helpful

you agreed with me that chenn seems to be all over the place
do you think this is more likely to be town who is legit trying to sort people
or
scum trying to keep options open?
Could be either. I'll need the game to progress a bit before getting a better read.

PEdit 2: Guess.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 171, TTTT wrote:
putting someone at L-2 is not a big deal
Well, here's Chen's reasoning:
In post 168, chennisden wrote:
TTTT… i dont want to put you at L-2. assuming youre town and the other 2 on your wagon are town, scum could hammer you whenever they felt like. at the end of D1 they just have to make the excuse gotta lynch someone and theyll slip.
While I agree that scum could do this, do note that scum is probably aware that town will likely see such actions as a scumslip (even without Chen pointing it out).

Ninja edit:
TTTT wrote:
In post 173, CsBlastoise wrote:Could be either. I'll need the game to progress a bit before getting a better read.
I'm concerned that you don't seem to have any relevant thoughts about the game
other than we should pressure inactive players
I agree, it's even slightly annoying to myself that I don't want to commit to a read.

Also, I have other things on my mind rn, like MeatWorld responsibilities.

Ninja Edit 2: Welcome to the game, u r a person 2!

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 180, TTTT wrote:
In post 178, CsBlastoise wrote:I agree, it's even slightly annoying to myself that I don't want to commit to a read.

Also, I have other things on my mind rn, like MeatWorld responsibilities.
but even with meatworld responsibilities you are finding time to post frequently
just not time to give any thoughts
Ah yes, this is my downfall in all things.
In post 182, TTTT wrote:to be fair you agreed with me that chenn is all over the place
but I'm not sure what else you think about this game
everything is "could be this... could be that" and null
You know, I guess I need some time to collect my thoughts. I do have a meatworld thing to take care of, though, so please excuse me as I ignore the game for a while.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:58 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Eh, I feel like NMSA hasn't posted enough content yet to get a read — again, 4 posts, all of them one-liners (not counting quotes), is basically nothing to go on.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:16 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 206, chennisden wrote:I think the things he are saying are too helpful to be scum. If I rolled scum, I'd lurk for a good portion of the beginning to avoid fire and try to give bad points to subtly push a mislynch. If he was scum he could easily mislynch me, but he decided to do the opposite and not get my lynched. That's fundamentally why Cs isn't scum.
In post 207, chennisden wrote:He also doesn't want to push the inactives and let them get a good impression of the game in case early pressure causes them to mess up.
Thanks for the support! Honestly, I'm starting to lean town on you as well, regardless of this post.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

I'm going to spend a bit trying to read up on people's ISOs and get a read on them. I've already done this with chennisden.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Found something I drafted earlier; no clue why I didn't post it:
In post 196, Screamingnoodle wrote:I was just surprised that right out the gate people were analyzing each other with no basis to go on. That to me is a red flag of sorts.
Well, we had to start
somewhere

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

GuiltyLion read formation in progress.
In post 57, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 47, CsBlastoise wrote:If you think that, I'll have to leave that up to you.
you don't want to ask why he thinks that?

I feel like there'd be a lot of benefits, you could understand where TTTT is coming from better to help sort his slot
you could learn something in a general sense about what behaviors may be considered scummy in games here on mafiascum

but to just say "meh, I'll leave that to you" feels decidedly not curious in a bad way, and possibly like you want to wash your hands of the attention paid to chendennis
In post 59, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 42, CsBlastoise wrote:
Thespio wrote: Dude the games 30 seconds in and you are claiming to have figured it all out, tbh this looks like an early lynch gambit, with no IC trying to get newbies to collapse on one person for an early kill. Im 99.999999999% sure the things pinging your scumdar are newbies trying to learn to play.
I also don't see why you "have to agree" with Thespio here. I feel Thespio is misrepping TTTT pretty hard, TTTT never claimed to have it all figured out and the IC point is extremely reachy. Thespio is basically inventing a scum!TTTT narrative to throw shade at him. TTTT even explicitly said not to continue to vote chendennis

I'm kinda thinking regardless of Thespio's alignment this sheepiness looks scummy from CsBlastoise, but just for page 3 bragging rights I'm wondering if this is the scumteam right here.
I'd say these two posts, although they target me, aren't
terribly
scummy; I probably could have communicated things a little bit better.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

I'm going to leave my read on GL as null and move on. There's a lot to process in his posts and it's making my brain hurt a bit, so I'm going to try reading someone else's ISO and go back to GL later.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 220, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 96, CsBlastoise wrote:Oh, here's something that would be nice to know: What time zones are people in?

I'm in the US eastern time zone, GMT -5 (daylight saving starts March 10)

"what else could I possibly talk about in the thread today?"

"Oh, here's something that..."

=/
In all seriousness, our differences in time zones really seem to be showing in this thread. For instance, TTTT and Thespio seem to post on the earlier side, while chennisden posts on the later side.

Well, I'm going to work now. Maybe I'll pop in around 9:30 or 10pm my time (2:30 or 3am tomorrow morning UTC), but really I should go to sleep not long after that.

PEdit: Ninja'd, and chennisden nailed it.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

Heyyo, I've been back from work for a while now.

I'll start by answering the one question directly addressed to me:
In post 225, u r a person 2 wrote:@CS and Chenn

Can you tell me, based on , what read Thespio has on Guilty Lion? Town or scum?

What about TTTT?
For reference, this is post 88
In post 88, Thespio wrote:...
Right now, reguardless of our disagreement on NAI early newbie posts, here is my list Town>Scum

CS>TTTT>GuiltyLion
Well, URAP, I'd say based on posts that closely preceded it that Thespio had either a scumlean or a scumread on GL. Really, you should be asking Thespio this question — and I must ask why you're asking about something from 150 posts before yours, written 24 hours before your post, when Thespio may well have changed his reads by now — but I suppose your post is good for getting reactions as well as getting answers.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

[Oops, forgot to append this to my last post]
Well, it's 10:30pm here; I'm going to bed. If I post anything within the next 8 hours, yell at me and tell me to get off my flipping phone.

Good night.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 305, chennisden wrote:...
theres only one real thing to be said at L-1. i dont want to say it yet
Okay, but don't hold off
too
long on that claim. I think you already know what it will look like if you start to stall too much.

Well, peoples, now that I've shown up, I should explain that I'd been failing to post all day because I was busy all morning and evening, and I got caught up in other things in between and honestly forgot about this game. (
*Gasp*
! You
forgot
about your mafia game?!?!?
Yeah, I know, right? ;) ) Now, it's bedtime, so... yeah. I promise I'll make some good contributions tomorrow.

PEdit: Oddly enough, saved by a ninja -- I hit accidentally the "Submit" button too early, but a ninja from Chen kept me in the editor.

PEdit 2: Ack, quintuple ninja'd! Granted, I'm typing this on my phone, which is slowing me down a lot because I don't do it often.

PEdit 3: ENOUGH NINJAS! (Kidding, it's fine; I understand that it's normal).

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Woah, the game has seriously exploded since noon. I was going to post shortly before then, but I had somewhere to go and ran out of time. I'm still catching up; I'm only at , but I have to post
something
now because I
have
content to post and it will just take too long if I try to catch up first.

Post of Partial Catchup:
In post 319, CsBlastoise wrote:I promise I'll make some good contributions tomorrow.
Well, what do you know, I forgot. I went to church in the morning, then got caught up in other things (trying to write a letter for a meatworld thing and getting sidetracked watching anime). Honestly, I can foresee this being a little pattern of mine: ironically, I may end up posting less on weekends because it's too easy to get just slip into watching anime. Most weekdays, I'll be more in contexts that lend themselves more to playing mafia.

Honestly, my being inactive for a day and a half begs the question of why nobody accused me of lurking during that time. :neutral: :eek:
At least I wasn't forgotten:
In post 453, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah don't hammer yet, we got time, I want some updates from CsBlastoise
Anyway, I'll start by replying to a bit posted more directly towards me:
In post 320, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 319, CsBlastoise wrote:Okay, but don't hold off too long on that claim. I think you already know what it will look like if you start to stall too much.
no one should claim anything until someone gives intent to hammer them
I kind of forgot.
In post 408, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 403, TTTT wrote:I don't have a single strong TR
this is a problem i'm having as well.
Weren't we all… until screaming and chen ended up at L-1 in rapid succession. I seriously want to get a claim from chen if we haven't already (as far as I've read, chen hadn't claimed).
In post 409, EchoVision wrote:
In post 400, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
i'm so okay with this lynch bc she's now at L-2 yet her case seems to only be "i'm town because I said so"
Yeah, screamingnoodle, you've got to find a way to back yourself up
somehow
In post 412, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 409, EchoVision wrote:
In post 400, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
i'm so okay with this lynch bc she's now at L-2 yet her case seems to only be "i'm town because I said so"
And I laugh because of how bad of a decision this is, but I digress.
This does not help your case.
In post 429, GuiltyLion wrote:…I've also been thinking that chendennis/screaming noodle scumteam would actually make a lot of sense here
Well, yeah, after the stuff with chen happened, I agree. Sure, I was "defending" the slot at the beginning, but that was before chen became one of the top posters, so my point was we needed content from him. Now we have it, so reads can change.

PEdit: Quadruple ninja'd, but guys, I'm so far behind in my catchup it doesn't matter. My post could be quite far from the current course of the game, but give me fifteen minutes or so and I'll get back to you on something at least a little closer to the present if not all the way there.

PEdit 2: Wait, an octuple ninja
and
a hammer? WHAT THE FLIP?!?

PEdit 3: 3 More ninjas and I still need to read up, argh!

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:52 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 568, chennisden wrote:well good luck Cs.

i think u should

rolecop TTTT or echo and nk URAP
Thanks everyone for knowing exactly how to treat this post :] .
In post 578, TTTT wrote:NotMy was already voting Chenn for anybody who isn't in the know.
someone needs to hammer
Bravo on the bluff, NMSA, bravo.
In post 530, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 514, TTTT wrote:someone should intend to hammer chennis so we can get his fake-claim out of the way
I'll go ahead and hammer myself, screw it. VOTE: Chennisden
He hadn't changed his vote since this post:
In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Not even done reading through the thread after my crazy workload from today but :))))))) also town!TTTT plus town!urap2 means an almost certain town win, and I'm reading them both that way (they're both playing the exact same way they did in 1915), so town chances don't look bad even if I'm forced to lurk all game from meatworld responsibilities.
In post 218, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
It's stupid as all heck, but seriously, greeting the thread (esp in first posts, but later too I bet) comes from newb!scum way way more often than from newb!town
I agree here, it's basically how they caught me in 1915, which (to forestall argument) I will continue to cite constantly all game, since it's my only experience on here.

No time to respond to everything rn, but if I'm forced to continue lurking, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up. Thus, VOTE: chennisden
This, on the other hand, is a real hammer:
In post 580, Screamingnoodle wrote:VOTE: Chen for the Hammer

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #606 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:07 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Oh hey, I forgot that I had set this aside in an external draft because it wasn't necessary to put it in one of my big posts:
In post 490, EchoVision wrote:mother ****er i spelled spoiler wrong oops my bad
You also forgot to use
Spoiler:
only puts black over the text and doesn't work on mobile.

Ninja Edit: Scum is hard in forum mafia. In chatroom mafia, on the other hand, being scum is amazing. The fast pace means it's harder to analyze and scummy posts don't really rack up over time.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:11 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 606, CsBlastoise wrote:
You also forgot to use
Spoiler:
only puts black over the text and doesn't work on mobile.
also might not work so great over quotes.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:15 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Micc could you get down here and do a VC please! We're bored out of our minds!

Also, a VC would be good to really make sure we actually hammered chen this time.

Ninja Edit: I know I don't have to say Ninja every time, but it's kind of fun.

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:30 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Unofficial VC:

chennisden (5) - , , , ,
Screamingnoodle (2) - ,
Not Voting (1) - CsBlastoise

Names aren't listed in the order in which they cast their votes, it's just the order I went in to make sure I got everyone's most recent vote.

Also, for the record, .

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #616 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:31 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Darn it, messed up the links.

Unofficial VC, take 2:

chennisden (5) - , , , ,
Screamingnoodle (2) - ,
u r a person 2 (1) -
Not Voting (1) - CsBlastoise

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #690 (isolation #39) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

Well, I'm back from my retreat (have been for a day and a half); glad the game ended before I even left on it.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10751833#p10751833]post 50[/url] of the [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=78746]dead thread[/url], CsBlastoise wrote:
In a PM, Micc wrote:…Also your night action result is spoilered in the most recent post.
All right, let's take a look:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10750627#p10750627]post 45[/url] [of the dead thread], Micc wrote:Welcome CsBlastoise.

Your Night 1 investigation result is:
Spoiler:
Thespio is Mafia
Well, what do you know, I was right… but now I'm right
and
dead.
Here lies

CsBlastoise
Dedicated town cop
Requiescat In Pace
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10751087#p10751087]post 633[/url], Thespio wrote:I find it odd a cop just flipped, he was read parrellel with me, now they’re dead when the split was between us... any chance scum popped him to ensure my lynch? Just asking someone to explain why scum me would kill him.
It would be stupid for scum
anyone
to have killed me. I think scum should do whatever possible to avoid narrowing down the pool of mislynches so that hopefully one of the other guys will be lynched instead. In other words:
1. Scum Thespio shouldn't have killed me because with me and him looking like the biggest scumreads, he was sure to be lynched quickly D2 if I was dead.
2. Scum!AnyoneElse should have kept me alive to keep mislynch options open.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10752248#p10752248]post 668[/url], Thespio wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10751923#p10751923]post 656[/url], Micc wrote:CsBlastoise investigates Thespio - Thespio is Mafia
Thespio kills CsBlastoise - CsBlastoise is killed
Still think this was the best nk for our situation though
No, Thespio. Your best move would have been to roleblock me and leave me alive. It would have left me absolutely frustrated at not getting a night result and, frankly, rather disoriented because my D2 plan was to out you as scum even at the risk of my own (in-game) life (provided you
did
come up as scum).

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (isolation #40) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

…my D2 plan was to out you as scum
even at the risk of my own (in-game) life
(provided you
did
come up as scum).[/quote]Actually, had I gotten a scum result on Thespio and lived to tell the tale, I would have kind of
wanted
town to lynch me to prove my role claim, since, no matter what was going to happen, you still would have had the numbers to lynch him D3. Of course, if you guys had decided to believe me anyway and lynch Thespio D2, that would have been fine too. My only concern was the fear that you guys might mistake me for a gamethrowing townie.

Well, anyway, gg town. The win was honestly too easy, but why should we complain?

CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by CsBlastoise »

RIP I flipped up. Let's fix that quote:
In post 691, CsBlastoise wrote:
In post 690, CsBlastoise wrote:…my D2 plan was to out you as scum
even at the risk of my own (in-game) life
(provided you
did
come up as scum).
Actually, had I gotten a scum result on Thespio and lived to tell the tale, I would have kind of
wanted
town to lynch me to prove my role claim, since, no matter what was going to happen, you still would have had the numbers to lynch him D3. Of course, if you guys had decided to believe me anyway and lynch Thespio D2, that would have been fine too. My only concern was the fear that you guys might mistake me for a gamethrowing townie.

Well, anyway, gg town. The win was honestly too easy, but why should we complain?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”