Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 am

Post by chennisden »

I assumed he was lurking on purpose so nobody would scumread him. But now I see it's not the case.

UNVOTE: Muh
@TTTT I agree that we (newbies) should jump in the game and offer their thoughts instead of lurking

shoot i did not mean to put words in your mouth
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 173, CsBlastoise wrote:Could be either. I'll need the game to progress a bit before getting a better read.
I'm concerned that you don't seem to have any relevant thoughts about the game
other than we should pressure inactive players
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Micc »

u r a person 2 replaces muh316.

Votecount 1.05
chennisden (2) -
GuiltyLion, TTTT
TTTT (2) -
SaintAngelDFE, NotMySpamAccount
Thespio (1) -
u r a person 2
GuiltyLion (1) -
Thespio

Not Voting (3) -
CsBlastoise, Screamingnoodle, chennisden

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-02-24 11:15:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 171, TTTT wrote:
putting someone at L-2 is not a big deal
Well, here's Chen's reasoning:
In post 168, chennisden wrote:
TTTT… i dont want to put you at L-2. assuming youre town and the other 2 on your wagon are town, scum could hammer you whenever they felt like. at the end of D1 they just have to make the excuse gotta lynch someone and theyll slip.
While I agree that scum could do this, do note that scum is probably aware that town will likely see such actions as a scumslip (even without Chen pointing it out).

Ninja edit:
TTTT wrote:
In post 173, CsBlastoise wrote:Could be either. I'll need the game to progress a bit before getting a better read.
I'm concerned that you don't seem to have any relevant thoughts about the game
other than we should pressure inactive players
I agree, it's even slightly annoying to myself that I don't want to commit to a read.

Also, I have other things on my mind rn, like MeatWorld responsibilities.

Ninja Edit 2: Welcome to the game, u r a person 2!
In post 47 of the Newbie 1827 dead thread, mhsmith0 wrote:

I feel like this game is like a giant primer on how NOT to play mafia. On both sides really.

My biggest RIP moment so far
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 am

Post by TTTT »

URAP
plz be town
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:44 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 178, CsBlastoise wrote:I agree, it's even slightly annoying to myself that I don't want to commit to a read.

but even with meatworld responsibilities you are finding time to post frequently
just not time to give any thoughts
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 164, CsBlastoise wrote:
Ninja Edits:
@Screaming RE : Mod said Saint already asked for replacement.
Ahh, I missed that. I see Muh requested replacement too. Regardless, I hope the spots are filled soon. Kind of annoying...

Thoughts:
I feel like some of you know this game TOO well to be newbs. It's showing and intimidating. Half my day is spent reading back and forth and we still have virtually no information to go on! I feel like a lynch is really need to start telling what is what and where is where.
I'm a little rusty but used to play forum Mafia/werewolf for several years. You guys are coming up to conclusions out of thin air. Which, such is usually the case for day 1. We really need more of a consensus on who the first lynch should be.

These are my thoughts so far:
Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
Null: Thespio and pretty much everyone else. I don't know why Thespio but... it's just a feeling... may not even been substantiated.

I'm going back to the town bar, having some town scotch, and dancing on town tables.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 am

Post by TTTT »

to be fair you agreed with me that chenn is all over the place
but I'm not sure what else you think about this game
everything is "could be this... could be that" and null
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 am

Post by TTTT »

^for CsBlast
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 179, TTTT wrote:URAP
plz be town
Don't worry, I got you bb =P

But I have a bullshit amount of work to do this morning and will catch up mid-late afternoon cst
103-11 0-2
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:49 am

Post by TTTT »

@URAP
I mostly want to hear from you if you think any of these newer players are town-telling yet
usually I can pick up an early TR or two on newbies
but I got nothing rn
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:55 am

Post by chennisden »

@screaming woah please don't advocate for a lynch way before deadline
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

In post 180, TTTT wrote:
In post 178, CsBlastoise wrote:I agree, it's even slightly annoying to myself that I don't want to commit to a read.

but even with meatworld responsibilities you are finding time to post frequently
just not time to give any thoughts
Ah yes, this is my downfall in all things.
In post 182, TTTT wrote:to be fair you agreed with me that chenn is all over the place
but I'm not sure what else you think about this game
everything is "could be this... could be that" and null
You know, I guess I need some time to collect my thoughts. I do have a meatworld thing to take care of, though, so please excuse me as I ignore the game for a while.

PEdit: Ninja'd
In post 47 of the Newbie 1827 dead thread, mhsmith0 wrote:

I feel like this game is like a giant primer on how NOT to play mafia. On both sides really.

My biggest RIP moment so far
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 am

Post by chennisden »

Cs I think you're town, but if you're scum damn you are doing good. Nobody has suspected you at all.

I find it problematic though you have no reads, etc
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:15 am

Post by TTTT »

@chenn
can you explain your TR on CsBlast?
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:36 am

In post 186, chennisden wrote:@screaming woah please don't advocate for a lynch way before deadline
Dont get me wrong, I am an advocate for lynching day 1. I never said anything about timeline.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:38 am

Alsochen, that is a cute misdirection. ;)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

omg URAP2! welcome, can we be town together?? TTTT/URAP2/GL townbloc but would wreck scum in this game I think

TTTT I entirely agree about how none of the newbies seem to be towntelling. If I had to pick one out of all of them it'd be CsBlastoise for town but even he is not without concern.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

reading page 6 kinda made me weirdly want to townread chendennis

let me collect my thoughts then I'll post some good content
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 134, chennisden wrote:Reading your ISO, I think I need to engage GL a little more. It would be really sad if he gets away with lynching me (if he's mafia) and you get all the flak for it (if you're the town).

And what doesn't add up?
In post 135, chennisden wrote:rn reading through your ISO

you're making a lot of claims, but they aren't really backed up by lots of information. Some quotes seem intentionally vague. TTTT, you are my scumread.

When GL comes back, I'll ask him some questions. If I don't like his answers, I will hop on his wagon for pressure.
In post 136, chennisden wrote:wait shoot i should read what i said

i think i was backwards-justifying why I looked at 1912.

regardless i just forgot.
these posts in particular felt kinda town to me looking at this game with fresh eyes today

like I don't know if newbscum!Chen thinks to post , that just kinda vibes fundamentally honest paranoia about me. and then doesn't feel like scum lying either. I think what was pinging me earlier may be just kinda awkwardness and trying to play "correctly" in a sense

chen if you're town just stop worrying about appeasing some standard of mafia play and just answer questions and ask ones you think will help
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:46 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 181, Screamingnoodle wrote:Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
Null: Thespio and pretty much everyone else. I don't know why Thespio but... it's just a feeling... may not even been substantiated.
these reads concern me

why would TTTT or myself be scum with chennisden? I don't see why you'd think we'd open with a hardcore distancing gambit like that. And given that at least one of us three has to be town, that should make you question the validity of such a "working together" narrative from the get-go, because either way you slice it (either TTTT or myself being scum with chendennis) means there's at least one townie doing the behavior that you're casting as scummy (accusing/interacting with the other).

I can show you many past scumgames of me treating my newbie scum partners with kiddie gloves, especially on D1 since I don't like unnecessary attention on them until/unless I'm confident they can handle it.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 am

In post 195, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 181, Screamingnoodle wrote:Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
these reads concern me

why would TTTT or myself be scum with chennisden? I don't see why you'd think we'd open with a hardcore distancing gambit like that. And given that at least one of us three has to be town, that should make you question the validity of such a "working together" narrative from the get-go, because either way you slice it (either TTTT or myself being scum with chendennis) means there's at least one townie doing the behavior that you're casting as scummy (accusing/interacting with the other).

I can show you many past scumgames of me treating my newbie scum partners with kiddie gloves, especially on D1 since I don't like unnecessary attention on them until/unless I'm confident they can handle it.
Obviously, not all three I named are scum... I'm just saying... in my opinion and with how I've interpreted all the back and forth, these are my thoughts.
(Which in a previous post, TTTT is encouraging the newbies speak their thoughts so I did.)

I'm not sure how your last sentence helps me or your case. If two SE's are named scum (which I would hope not be the case in a newbie game) they
could
easily put forth the mechanic I mentioned. It's not something to discredit. I always think of all the possibilities and let my townies know too that the whole thing seemed fishy to me.
I was just surprised that right out the gate people were analyzing each other with no basis to go on. That to me is a red flag of sorts.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 196, Screamingnoodle wrote:(which I would hope not be the case in a newbie game)
eh okay maybe this is town

VOTE: Thespio

who is up for this lynch
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

but for the record the role distribution is entirely random, so it is entirely possible that two SEs could be scum together.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:18 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 140, chennisden wrote:New read on TTTT: Scum.

He's making his stuff hard to understand to town. He has no real reason to scumread me.

Literally his only evidence is me forgetting something. Yet he's acting very scummy - posting stuff with little explanation, most of stuff he posts is sarcastic, etc.

But I think TTTT has a point with Muh. If others think this is TvT, I think we gotta go for Muh.
GL give your thoughts on this plz

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”