Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.07
chennisden (3) -
TTTT, NotMySpamAccount, EchoVision
Thespio (1) -
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion (1) -
Thespio

Not Voting (4) -
CsBlastoise, Screamingnoodle, chennisden, u r a person 2

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-02-24 11:15:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:42 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 308, u r a person 2 wrote:@TTTT and @GL how are you guys feeling rn
a bit gassy
I ate a big slice of cheesecake last night
without considering how much dairy is in it
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:03 am

Post by EchoVision »

so like this is kinda bold but do scum have daychat ? i think they do in all newbies but honestly idrk

anyways the reason chen is “waiting” for whatever and not doing too much while he was on L-1 could mean he’s waiting for someone to tell him what to do in daychat ???
ik it’s bold and it’s a reach but yknow why not ?
so if that’s true then we most likely have an inactive SE as partner but idrk it’s not like i’m gonna hunt or anything i’m just writing my ideas down
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:36 am

Post by chennisden »

I have the same question. Does scum have daychat?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:38 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 323, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 322, NotMySpamAccount wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but the start of this just seems scummy for some reason. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, can't tell why. Can anyone explain the last sentence? I can't quite understand what it means, it seems disconnected if you know what I mean. Also, sorry for the inactivity.
wow i am having serious deja vu here rn

we're just going to do this until i have more time to look at this game UNVOTE:
^town
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:49 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 327, EchoVision wrote:so like this is kinda bold but do scum have daychat ?
In post 328, chennisden wrote:I have the same question. Does scum have daychat?
yeah do they?
In post 2, Micc wrote:Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.
These are called dumb-tells, boys and girls. Here, Echo and Chenn present as not having enough information to possibly be scum. It's super easy to fake, and almost always the information is available in the first few posts.

Carry on! =)
103-11 0-2
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:12 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 330, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 327, EchoVision wrote:so like this is kinda bold but do scum have daychat ?
In post 328, chennisden wrote:I have the same question. Does scum have daychat?
yeah do they?
In post 2, Micc wrote:Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.
These are called dumb-tells, boys and girls. Here, Echo and Chenn present as not having enough information to possibly be scum. It's super easy to fake, and almost always the information is available in the first few posts.

Carry on! =)
yeah i just simply didn't care enough to go back and check bc there's too many words on the first few posts

also the only reason chen thinks your unvote is town is bc it was an unvote on him
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 am

Post by EchoVision »

chen why don't you have your vote anywhere right now? why are you so concerned with defending yourself that you're not pressuring anyone to the point of not voting them? you've made it super clear that you
have
scum reads, so why not vote them?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:20 am

Post by chennisden »

Answers to above:

1. I only had one scumread when I posted my reads list. I've changed my mind on Spam and think his posts seem scummy rather than NAI now, but that wasn't >1 read before.

2. 1 vote will do nothing

But since you asked so nicely,

VOTE: NotMySpamAccount
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:22 am

Post by chennisden »

@urap this is my first game onsite, irl has no daychat so I didn't even think about it and forgot
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:23 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 333, chennisden wrote:Answers to above:

1. I only had one scumread when I posted my reads list. I've changed my mind on Spam and think his posts seem scummy rather than NAI now, but that wasn't >1 read before.

2. 1 vote will do nothing

But since you asked so nicely,

VOTE: NotMySpamAccount
This is basically the question im pondering

Chenn presents as very scummy to me

So does NMSA, tbh. I buy that NMSA improves his tone as scum. And I also buy that scum!NMSA tries this whole lurk/sheep bit

But like, they're not cross voting each other as scum partners d1, right?

So who is the lynch bait? That's the question.
103-11 0-2
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

chennisden wrote:I have the same question. Does scum have daychat?
This is scum change my mind. The EchoVision version at least sounded a little towny to me, but chen is scum.
chennisden wrote:1 vote will do nothing
Lies.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:46 am

Post by chennisden »

NMSA is trying not to look VI while giving no real information.

He tried the VI tactic last time as scum and it didn't work - of course he's not gonna try it again. His Sheeping is an easy way to "contribute" without contributing.

NMSA, I'll read through your ISO and ask for some explanations.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:49 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Not even done reading through the thread after my crazy workload from today but :))))))) also town!TTTT plus town!urap2 means an almost certain town win, and I'm reading them both that way (they're both playing the exact same way they did in 1915), so town chances don't look bad even if I'm forced to lurk all game from meatworld responsibilities.
In post 218, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
It's stupid as all heck, but seriously, greeting the thread (esp in first posts, but later too I bet) comes from newb!scum way way more often than from newb!town
I agree here, it's basically how they caught me in 1915, which (to forestall argument) I will continue to cite constantly all game, since it's my only experience on here.

No time to respond to everything rn, but if I'm forced to continue lurking, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up. Thus, VOTE: chennisden
why are you not taking responsibility for your reads? when i flip green you're gonna blame TTTT/Urap for pushing me

and if either of them flips red you don't have to take any responsibility for a bad push
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 293, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 260, Thespio wrote:
In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up.
Sheeping this early into the game, when there are people not posting. this ladies and gentlemen is called a scum tell.
Not scum, just crazy busy irl because of tests and other stuff, plus I trust those two to find scum cause I have nothing else to go on besides a scumlean on chennisden.
aside from the "obvscum," he doesn't want to share his other reads. this is because he doesnt want us to be able to tie him to his scumbuddy (see association analysis)

while still pushing for the easiest mislynch
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 am

Post by chennisden »

woah thats a short ISO

and its already really scummy

@NSMA can you explain why this is town? Can you give some reads? Your lack of participation seems scummy IMO, are you trying the polar opposite of the "overeager VI" persona?

@people on my wagon Can we please pressure NMSA to get some more info?
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:44 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 339, chennisden wrote:
In post 293, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 260, Thespio wrote:
In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up.
Sheeping this early into the game, when there are people not posting. this ladies and gentlemen is called a scum tell.
Not scum, just crazy busy irl because of tests and other stuff, plus I trust those two to find scum cause I have nothing else to go on besides a scumlean on chennisden.
aside from the "obvscum," he doesn't want to share his other reads. this is because he doesnt want us to be able to tie him to his scumbuddy (see association analysis)

while still pushing for the easiest mislynch
why don't you just simply ask him for his other reads? you're expecting him to just come out and say "these are all my reads" which is unfair to expect from him when nobody else has done such

therefore, NMSA, would you mind sharing any other reads you've got?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:04 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

@NMSA could you please talk to me about your thoughts on echo?

At least a few sentences, but I'll also take as much as you've got time to give if you want.
103-11 0-2
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:15 am

In post 250, chennisden wrote:what if no newbs rolled scum is my question

Given 4 SE's, that's not a bad chance.

Also friendly reminder NMSA is now EchoVision
4 SE's out of 9 players. Chance of 2 being scum is (4C2*5C0)/9C2 = 6*1/36 = 1/6, so not bad odds, but I wouldn't bet on it, since it's literally a dice roll.

URAP, I got u, textwall incoming.
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:20 am

Post by chennisden »

NMSA, im very tempted to townread you now since i assume you do/did competition math

you can be my BFF after this game
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:22 am

In post 338, chennisden wrote:
In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Not even done reading through the thread after my crazy workload from today but :))))))) also town!TTTT plus town!urap2 means an almost certain town win, and I'm reading them both that way (they're both playing the exact same way they did in 1915), so town chances don't look bad even if I'm forced to lurk all game from meatworld responsibilities.
In post 218, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
It's stupid as all heck, but seriously, greeting the thread (esp in first posts, but later too I bet) comes from newb!scum way way more often than from newb!town
I agree here, it's basically how they caught me in 1915, which (to forestall argument) I will continue to cite constantly all game, since it's my only experience on here.

No time to respond to everything rn, but if I'm forced to continue lurking, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up. Thus, VOTE: chennisden
why are you not taking responsibility for your reads? when i flip green you're gonna blame TTTT/Urap for pushing me

and if either of them flips red you don't have to take any responsibility for a bad push
You're not going to flip green. And if you want a reads list, here you go.

screamingnoodle: Lurking, mostly oneliners, playing like newbscum I think. Scumlean.
CsBlastoise: Scummy for his opening, improved a bit since then. Scumlean.
Echovision: Not sure what to say here. Maybe town, but that's just a gut read. I wouldn't vote him yet, but he could definitely convince me to.
chennisden: Oh wow, that's a scummy iso. This is how I played my first game. This is scum, folks.
Thespio: Terrible reads, just trying to cover up how scummy he was early. Probably scum.
ur a person 2: Similar to last game, I like this a lot, he was actually the first one pressuring me for more content, so here ya go buddy. Probably town.
TTTT: Playing the same as 1915, I like his reads, most likely town.
GuiltyLion: This iso looks pretty town to me. He's pressuring people for their inconsistencies, and generally just playing like I think a good townie should play. High hopes for GL/URAP/TTTT townbloc now.

2 out of chen, thespio, noodle, and csblastoise are scum (likelihood in order of most to least).

pedit:
chennisden wrote:NMSA, im very tempted to townread you now since i assume you do/did competition math

you can be my BFF after this game
Townread me if you like, I took the AMC 12 wednesday so ur right about the math. You're scum anyway don't try to buddy me.
Show

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:27 am

Post by chennisden »

woah ur scumreading a lot of people (fine, I get you reading me, but thats a lot of people)

and i was joking about the townread, in my eyes you are still scum

I took 10B, was planning to do 12B but then decided not to

and ill be your BFF after - read AFTER

and just a thought i wont flip green because i dont think im flipping toDAY.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 am

Post by chennisden »

speaking of screaming, thespio, GL, where are you guys?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:50 am

Post by TTTT »

hmmm...
chennis has a strong scum post here ( - inconsistent with the amount of pregame prep he did)
and a strong town post ( - looks naturally townie by way of not knowing my or URAP's alignments)
overall this still seems like a good wagon
But I'm in no hurry to lynch
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:04 am