Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.08
chennisden (3) -
TTTT, NotMySpamAccount, EchoVision
Thespio (1) -
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion (1) -
Thespio
NotMySpamAccount (1) -
chennisden

Not Voting (3) -
CsBlastoise, Screamingnoodle, u r a person 2

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-02-24 11:15:00).

Prodding Screamingnoodle and GuiltyLion.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:10 am

Post by chennisden »

Micc, I think you meant to say 3 not voting.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:15 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

VOTE: NMSA
103-11 0-2
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Micc »

In post 351, chennisden wrote:Micc, I think you meant to say 3 not voting.
Fixed this. Thanks!
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 309, EchoVision wrote:
In post 307, Thespio wrote:
In post 299, EchoVision wrote:pls state intent to hammer and why, should you feel it necessary
and dear god please don’t be a joat that self hammers (tttt may be the only one to get that one)
VOTE: ChennisDen
Do you think its odd there is no other major wagon?
not really, the only reason there's really a wagon on chennis is people feel the need to have a wagon
somewhere

i'm on it bc i think it's fun :shrug:
pause here.

you don’t think it’s possible scum is/was already on wagon that’s why there is/was no other wagon?
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 299, EchoVision wrote:
In post 295, chennisden wrote:NotMySpamAccount - mostly null due to few posts. If I had to say, I'd say scum. what little he's posted has given no info other than "chennis is scum"
Screamingnoodle - null due to few posts, but that "we gotta lynch someone" stands out to me.
CsBlastoise - town. he's trying to sort people.
EchoVision - scumlean. weak read due to towny or scummy possible intents. he filled a slot mostly inactive. the sheeping on one hand is irresponsible, but on the other hand could be him applying pressure when he figures out stuff.
chennisden - need i say?
Thespio - town. from his early actions, he could be town as a voice of reason or he could be scum buddying. later play (such as the scumread) discards the buddying, but he could be on my wagon to mislynch.
u r a person 2 - townlean because he did the same as Echo but felt more towny.
TTTT - town. my initial thoughts were scum but your sorting is much more towny than URAP's or Echo's (especially echo.)
GuiltyLion - town. he's actually trying to pressure and sort other people

i kinda group URAP,Echo,NMSA in the same group due to similar play.
these reads don’t seem like any of them are based on a player or any specific action, more or less a play style. this is even backed up by your last sentence, about how you group three people based on similar play but it’s not a play style that brings about scum reads, or at least it shouldn’t be. it should be plays or consistency or
something
else... i play the same almost all the time but the chances of me rolling red every game i play are slim, that’s why it’s dangerous based on play style...
unless of course you’re going off meta which is a whole damn new story

regardless that wasn’t really my read on you, that was just me kinda saying it to say it

a lot of your reads seem to have my name in it and idrk why, like i just joined last night why am i the comparison for every slot, bc i’m threatening to L-1 you?

anyways if this isn’t scum, which idrk if it is, there’s prob already 1 on his wagon bc there’s no reason for him *not* to be at L-1...

with that said, let’s have some fun :P
pls state intent to hammer and why, should you feel it necessary
and dear god please don’t be a joat that self hammers (tttt may be the only one to get that one)
read bold (which i wrote last night) for that answer
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

reading up
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 256, u r a person 2 wrote:yooo, GL

I got your spot on this wagon saved

Let's talk. Where are you at on Chenn rn?
In post 308, u r a person 2 wrote:@TTTT and @GL how are you guys feeling rn
honestly I dunno. He's not a bad lynch but the lack of any real counterwagons/other-players-of-interest throughout the day is giving me some cold feet, and every now and then chendennis writes a post that registers on the towndar. I'm still interested in feeling better about some of my other nully-scummy slots before I land back on chendennis.

Over the weekend I decided my reason for townreading noodle was bad (he could have faked that dumbtell) and I'm still not liking anything from Thespio. I do still see NMSA as town though so we should hash that one out
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually hold up I was gonna ISO Thespio to call out some posts by him I didn't like but all of the sudden rereading them again I saw them as way more townie looking than I had remembered
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 287, Thespio wrote:So I started out thinking he was a newbie, which due to my own inactivity kind of fell stale, after my re read it evolved to a scum/lean due to the number of posts, BUT I do see random tidbits that seem to be town, so by the end im leaning ever so slightly scum. Ive just never seen a newbie post so much as town, maybe its their meta? I still think Guilty is a place we should be looking, but if this is where pressure is needed here is what i want to know:

If you are town, why do you need to post a million and 1 times?
like at first I thought this was scum pivoting to prep a vote on a mislynch to get it through, but then I realized it's also nearly exactly how I feel so maybe I can't really read him as scum for it
In post 307, Thespio wrote:
In post 299, EchoVision wrote:pls state intent to hammer and why, should you feel it necessary
Do you think its odd there is no other major wagon?
and this is a good question
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 357, GuiltyLion wrote:(he could have faked that dumbtell)
sorry, she* could have faked that dumbtell

VOTE: screamingnoodle

I like this vote. She's mostly sitting on the sidelines, hasn't voted since RVS, and the "conspiracy theory" idea of TTTT/myself being buddies with chendennis still pings me as the stuff newbie scums think sounds like real scumhunting. And repeated sideline posting without actually doing anything game advancing feels to me like a better d1 scumtell than chen newbie posting a lot of hard to interpret weirdness

and we all missed this inconsistency on first go round:
In post 93, Screamingnoodle wrote:Though, I wont be changing my vote unless I have a reason to believe the person is not for team town.
In post 118, Screamingnoodle wrote:UNVOTE: Chan

In kind, returning the favor. Lol

But still no idea who to vote for. Looks like we are leaning TTTT, though. Idk
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 196, Screamingnoodle wrote:I was just surprised that right out the gate people were analyzing each other with no basis to go on. That to me is a red flag of sorts.
and also like, if this is really such a red flag

i'm not really seeing that attitude manifest in what screamingnoodle decides to post or turn into any initiative she's taken this game. she called me a scumread but I've felt no pressure from her at all, and with further thought it seems contradictory to me that she would think "people making baseless accusations are scummy" but then also think chen is scummy. If chen is scummy then the people accusing him are likely onto something, so I don't really grok this as a townie thought process
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually meh

just reread noodle again and i can kinda see it as consistent

hard game so far imo. i'm tempted to just switch back to chendennis and ride it out because of the inconsistency highlighted in , does seem pretty hard to see that coming from town the more I think on it plus him bringing up that game was always weird in general

but the cold feet, they remain
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by chennisden »

228 is NAI, just a sign of forgetfulness.

I think the most scummy I've been is #140. Why hasn't anyone pushed me on that harder? Because TTTT seems more town than others (NMSA, and Screaming is a good point too)
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by chennisden »

nmsa, screaming being scum is more likely than TTTT

agh this is wifom
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 am

Post by Thespio »

Lion, IDK if ive seen enough to be completely clear about your alignment but im leaning town, I think we ought to look at chennis's wagon, to me a one wagon game tends to mean scum were on it.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:17 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

Hi All, Sorry for the delay on me. Busy weekend. My youngest turned 5. I'm reading now and will post very soon with actual content.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Thespio »

^Congrats, glad he made it to five, as you know the rest is a breeze
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Thespio »

I dont feel like TTTT is playing like he did when he was a townie, i read him town there, now hes pushing accusations alot harder, he is posting alot more, most of it has no meat to it either. seems susp.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:24 am

Post by TTTT »

when did you play with town TTTT?
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:28 am

In post 217, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 90, Screamingnoodle wrote:I'm a her. I've just been mainly reading what everyone has been saying. Mainly because I am not used to the mechanics that you all have been discussing.
which mechanics?
The mechanic of pointing fingers at each other right out the gate, in a way to gain the trust of other townies before there is any real discussion from all. ;)
From post: viewtopic.php?p=10730685#p10730685
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:32 am

Post by TTTT »

Mini Normal 2053
forgot you were in this one bc you were replaced early
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:40 am

Post by TTTT »

@Thespio
if you wanna meta case look at my newbies
that Normal I was mason
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:51 am

In post 232, u r a person 2 wrote:Nothing from screaming pinged me until this. The read list here seems more likely from scum than town. That said, the post as a whole feels townie. Basically making this post as a bookmark

Spoiler: screaming post, spoiled for space
In post 181, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 164, CsBlastoise wrote:
Ninja Edits:
@Screaming RE : Mod said Saint already asked for replacement.
Ahh, I missed that. I see Muh requested replacement too. Regardless, I hope the spots are filled soon. Kind of annoying...

Thoughts:
I feel like some of you know this game TOO well to be newbs. It's showing and intimidating. Half my day is spent reading back and forth and we still have virtually no information to go on! I feel like a lynch is really need to start telling what is what and where is where.
I'm a little rusty but used to play forum Mafia/werewolf for several years. You guys are coming up to conclusions out of thin air. Which, such is usually the case for day 1. We really need more of a consensus on who the first lynch should be.

These are my thoughts so far:
Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
Null: Thespio and pretty much everyone else. I don't know why Thespio but... it's just a feeling... may not even been substantiated.

I'm going back to the town bar, having some town scotch, and dancing on town tables.
Well, this was my first real post on my opinion of how things were going. I may not know what I'm doing. I interpret things differently and felt I had to get my opinions out there to at least get some kind of conversations going including me and what my thoughts are on everyone. Again, these were just my thoughts at the time. The content you have posted has definitely changed what I think.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:53 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 373, Screamingnoodle wrote:The content you have posted has definitely changed what I think.
how so?
103-11 0-2

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”