Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:03 am

Post by TTTT »

something is off with this game
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:29 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 295, chennisden wrote:NotMySpamAccount - mostly null due to few posts. If I had to say, I'd say scum. what little he's posted has given no info other than "chennis is scum"
Screamingnoodle - null due to few posts, but that "we gotta lynch someone" stands out to me.
CsBlastoise - town. he's trying to sort people.
EchoVision - scumlean. weak read due to towny or scummy possible intents. he filled a slot mostly inactive. the sheeping on one hand is irresponsible, but on the other hand could be him applying pressure when he figures out stuff.
chennisden - need i say?
Thespio - town. from his early actions, he could be town as a voice of reason or he could be scum buddying. later play (such as the scumread) discards the buddying, but he could be on my wagon to mislynch.
u r a person 2 - townlean because he did the same as Echo but felt more towny.
TTTT - town. my initial thoughts were scum but your sorting is much more towny than URAP's or Echo's (especially echo.)
GuiltyLion - town. he's actually trying to pressure and sort other people

i kinda group URAP,Echo,NMSA in the same group due to similar play.
Well, we can "Not lynch", but I feel that hurts us on D1 more than anything. If we did this, we have nothing definitive to go on.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:38 am

In post 321, u r a person 2 wrote:if mhsmith were here he would be telling us to stop thinking and lynch nmsa and screaming

but i dont want to talk my way out of this
Why to lynch me? Please explain.

If anything, I think I've given plenty away to be screaming Town to the high heavens. I'm genuinely curious.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:41 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 377, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 321, u r a person 2 wrote:if mhsmith were here he would be telling us to stop thinking and lynch nmsa and screaming

If anything, I think I've given plenty away to be screaming Town to the high heavens. I'm genuinely curious.
he likes to say something to the effect of "sort by post count, become pretty good scum hunter"

how do you think you've town-told? Also, I have another question in my last post waiting for you
103-11 0-2
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 375, TTTT wrote:something is off with this game
agreed
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:54 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 376, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 295, chennisden wrote:NotMySpamAccount - mostly null due to few posts. If I had to say, I'd say scum. what little he's posted has given no info other than "chennis is scum"
Screamingnoodle - null due to few posts, but that "we gotta lynch someone" stands out to me.
CsBlastoise - town. he's trying to sort people.
EchoVision - scumlean. weak read due to towny or scummy possible intents. he filled a slot mostly inactive. the sheeping on one hand is irresponsible, but on the other hand could be him applying pressure when he figures out stuff.
chennisden - need i say?
Thespio - town. from his early actions, he could be town as a voice of reason or he could be scum buddying. later play (such as the scumread) discards the buddying, but he could be on my wagon to mislynch.
u r a person 2 - townlean because he did the same as Echo but felt more towny.
TTTT - town. my initial thoughts were scum but your sorting is much more towny than URAP's or Echo's (especially echo.)
GuiltyLion - town. he's actually trying to pressure and sort other people

i kinda group URAP,Echo,NMSA in the same group due to similar play.
Well, we can "Not lynch", but I feel that hurts us on D1 more than anything. If we did this, we have nothing definitive to go on.
A ML is better for town then a NL, so we are definitely killing someone
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:59 am

Post by EchoVision »

If anything,
I think I've given plenty away to be screaming Town to the high heavens.
I'm genuinely curious.
oof
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:03 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 378, u r a person 2 wrote:

he likes to say something to the effect of "sort by post count, become pretty good scum hunter"

how do you think you've town-told? Also, I have another question in my last post waiting for you
was this mhsmith comment said for a reason? or just to say it, just out of curiosity. if the former, what reason? do you think we should lynch those two ??
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:07 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 382, EchoVision wrote:was this mhsmith comment said for a reason? or just to say it, just out of curiosity. if the former, what reason? do you think we should lynch those two ??
i said it for a mix of reasons

1) i wanted to see who would respond to it and how. it was opaque, and i did not expect new players to know who or what I was talking about.
2) I was expressing an interest in both of those slots

I'm generally pretty free-flowing with my thoughts. If I have them, I usually share them.

Now, at this point in the game (as opposed to when I make that post) I'm still torn between a number of slots in an exceptionally scummy game, but NMSA + screaming is def a possibility I'm seriously considering. And I think one in {nmsa, screaming} is very likely scum
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

To give you context on the thought process, and i'm only going into this because newbie-queue

I was becoming concerned that chenn might be town in spite of their play because of the high post count. High post count in newbie scum is not impossible, but it is not the norm. Which got me thinking about what smith says. That led me to checking post counts and making the post
103-11 0-2
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 am

Post by EchoVision »

gotcha. was pretty NAI, i was just curious about your intentions with it but it’s all cleared up now :)
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:22 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

If you were to have asked me what I think I learned as a result of the responses I would have said that

I think it confirms that a number of slots are reading this game either too quickly or without a critical eye, and I believe this probably accounts - at least in part - for why this game feels so scummy
103-11 0-2
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:33 am

In post 360, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 357, GuiltyLion wrote:(he could have faked that dumbtell)
sorry, she* could have faked that dumbtell

VOTE: screamingnoodle

I like this vote. She's mostly sitting on the sidelines, hasn't voted since RVS, and the "conspiracy theory" idea of TTTT/myself being buddies with chendennis still pings me as the stuff newbie scums think sounds like real scumhunting. And repeated sideline posting without actually doing anything game advancing feels to me like a better d1 scumtell than chen newbie posting a lot of hard to interpret weirdness

and we all missed this inconsistency on first go round:
In post 93, Screamingnoodle wrote:Though, I wont be changing my vote unless I have a reason to believe the person is not for team town.
In post 118, Screamingnoodle wrote:UNVOTE: Chan

In kind, returning the favor. Lol

But still no idea who to vote for. Looks like we are leaning TTTT, though. Idk

Sorry GL, you are really stretching here... the reason why I unvoted for Chen at the time was because of his argument for why he voted me. I was also extremely curious of all the back and forth beginning of the game that you were very much involved in.
All of the back and forth made me really question why I voted, and it was simply OMGUS as everyone stated; because there was no reason I had to vote for him at the beginning other than he voted for me. (Feel free to look through my ISO to be sure.)

I'd really like to address what other concerns you have for your scumread on me. Bring it.. I'm ready.
If there is anything I've been so far is honest with everyone. (Even through asking what OMGUS means... ) I honestly haven't a clue on where to go or what to do (read my ISO) and no.. I'm not faking it.
This is really my first game here. I'm starting to finally 'get' how this game goes again... (again it's been several years since I've played) so forgive me for being a little slow to the party. ;)
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:36 am

In post 378, u r a person 2 wrote:

I've been town telling since my first thought post, but I understand it's hard to pick up. Maybe coming out the gate saying "I'M TOWN" makes it better? :lol:
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 am

In post 381, EchoVision wrote:

If anything,
I think I've given plenty away to be screaming Town to the high heavens.
I'm genuinely curious.
oof

?? oof what Echo? Just because I come out and say that I'm town, or "screaming town to the high heavens". Doesn't mean I am scum... Tell me why you think I'm lying?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:44 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 388, Screamingnoodle wrote:I've been town telling since my first thought post, but I understand it's hard to pick up. Maybe coming out the gate saying "I'M TOWN" makes it better?
No

I would like a serious response, please.

Where do you think you've shown that you're town?
103-11 0-2
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:45 am

In post 383, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 382, EchoVision wrote:was this mhsmith comment said for a reason? or just to say it, just out of curiosity. if the former, what reason? do you think we should lynch those two ??
i said it for a mix of reasons

1) i wanted to see who would respond to it and how. it was opaque, and i did not expect new players to know who or what I was talking about.
2) I was expressing an interest in both of those slots

I'm generally pretty free-flowing with my thoughts. If I have them, I usually share them.

Now, at this point in the game (as opposed to when I make that post) I'm still torn between a number of slots in an exceptionally scummy game, but NMSA + screaming is def a possibility I'm seriously considering. And I think one in {nmsa, screaming} is very likely scum

Well, I'm not scum. I can 100% promise you. Sorry you think as such. I think we should vote NMSA, but I'm going to read through ISO first before making that judgement.

I probably cast suspicion on myself for being AFK all weekend. :/ Which I can understand... I guess.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:45 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 391, Screamingnoodle wrote:I probably cast suspicion on myself for being AFK all weekend. :/ Which I can understand... I guess.
nope not why you're being scum read
103-11 0-2
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:50 am

Post by TTTT »

if I'm being real honest
I'm just not into a chennis lynch rn
just not sure where I wanna go next
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 am

Post by EchoVision »

i don’t necessarily think you’re lying, nor do i think that you’re telling the truth... often times when people need to come out and straight up say “i’m town” when it’s unnecessary it’s because, well... they’re not town... there’s never really justification to sit there and just say “i’m town” as your only defense and have everyone trust your word on it. who’s to say who we trust if i just sit here and say “noodle is scum” because it’s solely my word against yours... your word is backed up by your actions and by your defense, not backed up by your word

nonetheless there really was no point to have a defense there (even just your word), as there was simply just one person who expressed an interest in lynching your slot... if you were at L-2 or L-1 it’d make a little more sense, but in favor of an actual defense and not just your word

with that said i think i might chill here for a bit and see how this turns out
VOTE: ScreamingNoodle

PEdit: you were asked why you’re town and you reverted back to your word, with “I 100% promise you i’m not scum”... what if i say “I 100% promise you noodle is scum” who’s to say who we trust ? hopefully the one with the most evidence and reasoning, and in this case, it would certainly not be you, as your only evidence is your word
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 am

Post by TTTT »

my notes say
town!chennis = town!NotMy & town!Echo
not sure why
probably how the wagon formed
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:54 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 395, TTTT wrote:my notes say
town!chennis = town!NotMy & town!Echo
not sure why
probably how the wagon formed
i think im in agreement on town!chennis = town!echo

but why town!NMSA?
103-11 0-2
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:56 am

In post 390, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 388, Screamingnoodle wrote:I've been town telling since my first thought post, but I understand it's hard to pick up. Maybe coming out the gate saying "I'M TOWN" makes it better?
No

I would like a serious response, please.

Where do you think you've shown that you're town?
1. I don't know how I was ever scumread, so making a case to why I think I should be townread is funny to me. And though my previous response was lighthearted, I was being serious.
2. Spoiler for Lengthy posts.
Spoiler:
In post 115, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 95, chennisden wrote:@screaming wait did you just OMGUS me

thoughts: TTTT is probably town tunneling too hard at the beginning. See Newbie 1912 where Enter pushed Loopdan for a D1 lynch. Somewhere between Null & Town Lean

CsBlastoise is Town Lean for trying not to push town too hard at the beginning.

@Thespio what makes you think people are trying to lynch me? Two of the three on my wagon are applying pressure and the other is OMGUSing(?)

@Screaming an OMGUS is usually indicative of scum, though I won't scumread you off of that.
I have no idea what that means. I simply voted for you, as you voted for me when all I did was show up?
Haha Is that what that means?
In post 181, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 164, CsBlastoise wrote:
Ninja Edits:
@Screaming RE : Mod said Saint already asked for replacement.
Ahh, I missed that. I see Muh requested replacement too. Regardless, I hope the spots are filled soon. Kind of annoying...

Thoughts:
I feel like some of you know this game TOO well to be newbs. It's showing and intimidating. Half my day is spent reading back and forth and we still have virtually no information to go on! I feel like a lynch is really need to start telling what is what and where is where.
I'm a little rusty but used to play forum Mafia/werewolf for several years. You guys are coming up to conclusions out of thin air. Which, such is usually the case for day 1. We really need more of a consensus on who the first lynch should be.

These are my thoughts so far:
Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
Null: Thespio and pretty much everyone else. I don't know why Thespio but... it's just a feeling... may not even been substantiated.

I'm going back to the town bar, having some town scotch, and dancing on town tables.
In post 190, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 186, chennisden wrote:@screaming woah please don't advocate for a lynch way before deadline
Dont get me wrong, I am an advocate for lynching day 1. I never said anything about timeline.
In post 196, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 195, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 181, Screamingnoodle wrote:Scum leaning: TTTT, GuiltyLion, and chennisden. In fact, the accusations going back and forth may actually be them working together to up front prove they are not scum and last in the game longer.
Null: Thespio and pretty much everyone else. I don't know why Thespio but... it's just a feeling... may not even been substantiated.
these reads concern me

why would TTTT or myself be scum with chennisden? I don't see why you'd think we'd open with a hardcore distancing gambit like that. And given that at least one of us three has to be town, that should make you question the validity of such a "working together" narrative from the get-go, because either way you slice it (either TTTT or myself being scum with chendennis) means there's at least one townie doing the behavior that you're casting as scummy (accusing/interacting with the other).

I can show you many past scumgames of me treating my newbie scum partners with kiddie gloves, especially on D1 since I don't like unnecessary attention on them until/unless I'm confident they can handle it.
Obviously, not all three I named are scum... I'm just saying... in my opinion and with how I've interpreted all the back and forth, these are my thoughts.
(Which in a previous post, TTTT is encouraging the newbies speak their thoughts so I did.)

I'm not sure how your last sentence helps me or your case. If two SE's are named scum (which I would hope not be the case in a newbie game) they
could
easily put forth the mechanic I mentioned. It's not something to discredit. I always think of all the possibilities and let my townies know too that the whole thing seemed fishy to me.
I was just surprised that right out the gate people were analyzing each other with no basis to go on. That to me is a red flag of sorts.

All these in my ISO. Bits and pieces taken out of context, of course scumread me... But I guess this is all I have take it or leave it.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:57 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

VOTE: screamingnoodle
103-11 0-2
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:59 am

In post 394, EchoVision wrote:i don’t necessarily think you’re lying, nor do i think that you’re telling the truth... often times when people need to come out and straight up say “i’m town” when it’s unnecessary it’s because, well... they’re not town... there’s never really justification to sit there and just say “i’m town” as your only defense and have everyone trust your word on it. who’s to say who we trust if i just sit here and say “noodle is scum” because it’s solely my word against yours... your word is backed up by your actions and by your defense, not backed up by your word

nonetheless there really was no point to have a defense there (even just your word), as there was simply just one person who expressed an interest in lynching your slot... if you were at L-2 or L-1 it’d make a little more sense, but in favor of an actual defense and not just your word

with that said i think i might chill here for a bit and see how this turns out
VOTE: ScreamingNoodle

PEdit: you were asked why you’re town and you reverted back to your word, with “I 100% promise you i’m not scum”... what if i say “I 100% promise you noodle is scum” who’s to say who we trust ? hopefully the one with the most evidence and reasoning, and in this case, it would certainly not be you, as your only evidence is your word

Right.. and if you read my ISO, this is EXACTLY what I was trying to say at the beginning of this game. Accusations are being thrown around willy nilly with nothing really solid to go on.

I have a defense when I know people are wagoning me for the wrong reasons, especially when it will hurt the town.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”