Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:00 am

Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:01 am

Post by TTTT »

I might be PoE to the Noodle wagon
or NotMy
CSblast's posts are the most honest from the newbies
chennis is a fucking chimera
Thespio is playing odd but can be sorted later
URAP & GL are not day1 lynches
Echo I don't think I can read with much confidence so hopefully he just gets NK'd and sorted that way
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:02 am

Post by TTTT »

I don't have a single strong TR
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:03 am

Post by EchoVision »

see i feel like screamingnoodle is too obvious of a lynch and i feel like scum would NEVER act this way but i don’t see any situation in which town would act this way unless VERY new, like i mean never even heard of the game before... but she says that she has plenty of experience, although old, so i don’t see town noodle doing that either... idfk
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:03 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 403, TTTT wrote:I don't have a single strong TR
i really don’t either... i could see a situation in which every single slot in this game could flip scum and i’m so lost
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:04 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 396, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 395, TTTT wrote:my notes say
town!chennis = town!NotMy & town!Echo
not sure why
probably how the wagon formed
i think im in agreement on town!chennis = town!echo

but why town!NMSA?
I don't remember
I take terrible notes
let me check the timestamp in my PT and compare to the game posts
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

noodle the reason I am scumreading you is because I don't think you've done anything this entire game to help yourself or others figure out who scum is
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:07 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 403, TTTT wrote:I don't have a single strong TR
this is a problem i'm having as well.

You're the only slot i'm solidly town reading.

GL is a close second but not as strong
103-11 0-2
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:11 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 400, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
i'm so okay with this lynch bc she's now at L-2 yet her case seems to only be "i'm town because I said so"
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:12 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 396, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 395, TTTT wrote:my notes say
town!chennis = town!NotMy & town!Echo
not sure why
probably how the wagon formed
i think im in agreement on town!chennis = town!echo

but why town!NMSA?
Found it...

I don't see scum!NotMy openly sheeping the third vote onto a mislynch
I read that post as genuine
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 am

Post by TTTT »

and looking at it now
I'm not sure scum!NotMy does that as bussing to scum!chennis either
so I guess I'm TRing NotMy
even though it feels icky
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 am

In post 409, EchoVision wrote:
In post 400, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
i'm so okay with this lynch bc she's now at L-2 yet her case seems to only be "i'm town because I said so"
And I laugh because of how bad of a decision this is, but I digress.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:16 am

So @Echo. Since there have been no actions in the game.. how can I be scumread?? Besides being AFK and obviously not being a well oiled mafiascum player. I want to know why you think I'm false.

@GL, Okay, finally getting an answer. Thank you. Exactly how am I supposed to help do that? Call out Chen for voting me? Oh wait... I did that in which you kinda took the reins and ran with. Am I to jump into the spotlight and point fingers without any information to go on... and expect everyone to make their case on why they arn't? I've said time and time again we have nothing substantial and I think we need to come to a lynch as we can all probably learn a lot when that happens. (See response from Echo, I feel this would just be a round robin if this is what you expect.)
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:21 am

I truly have no idea who to lynch in this. My reads at this point are all over the place.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:21 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 399, Screamingnoodle wrote:I have a defense when I know people are wagoning me for the wrong reasons, especially when it will hurt the town.
what would be a correct reason to wagon you?
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:24 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 410, TTTT wrote:Found it...
oh interesting. This is actually the post that makes me scum read NMSA and also the one that made me start to reconsider on chenn. I thought this was exactly how scum!nmsa would hop on a mislynch

This is the point on which we build our town bloc. Why does scum!nmsa not do this?
103-11 0-2
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 413, Screamingnoodle wrote: @GL, Okay, finally getting an answer. Thank you. Exactly how am I supposed to help do that? Call out Chen for voting me? Oh wait... I did that in which you kinda took the reins and ran with. Am I to jump into the spotlight and point fingers without any information to go on... and expect everyone to make their case on why they arn't? I've said time and time again we have nothing substantial and I think we need to come to a lynch as we can all probably learn a lot when that happens. (See response from Echo, I feel this would just be a round robin if this is what you expect.)
re: how am I supposed to help, jump into the spotlight - uh, yes that's exactly what would help? What else are we supposed to do today? but I don't think we should be concerned with people making cases for why they are town at this stage, much like yours it's going to be unconvincing regardless of who it comes from. What helps a lot more is to be making cases on each other and exploring/justifying scumreads, because then we can see who is thinking like an uninformed townie vs who is making up fake reasoning to push a mislynch. so I would expect town to be talking to people, pressuring people, proactively sharing thoughts and working with their townreads to sort their scumreads, but so far you seem to have an aversion towards doing this.

You keep talking about how we don't have "information" but what in your opinion qualifies as actually good information that would be worthy of a scumread/vote? Because if you have mafia experience in your past I would expect you to understand that town has to make votes and get into arguments to get information, especially on D1.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:25 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 416, u r a person 2 wrote:
oh interesting. This is actually the post that makes me scum read NMSA and also the one that made me start to reconsider on chenn. I thought this was exactly how scum!nmsa would hop on a mislynch

This is the point on which we build our town bloc. Why does scum!nmsa not do this?
can I jump in on this or do you want TTTT to answer first
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:26 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 418, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 416, u r a person 2 wrote:

can I jump in on this or do you want TTTT to answer first
Yeah i don't care, jump in
103-11 0-2
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:31 am

Post by TTTT »

I think he learned from his first game (as scum) about what looks like acting
I think if he rolled scum here he would be playing it super safe and try not to stick out
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:34 am

Post by TTTT »

scum!NotMy would know he'd look scummy if chennis town-flipped and his only reason to be on the wagon was sheeping
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:34 am

In post 417, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 413, Screamingnoodle wrote: What helps a lot more is to be making cases on each other and exploring/justifying scumreads, because then we can see who is thinking like an uninformed townie vs who is making up fake reasoning to push a mislynch. so I would expect town to be talking to people, pressuring people, proactively sharing thoughts and working with their townreads to sort their scumreads, but so far you seem to have an aversion towards doing this.
I don't have an aversion to this at all... Have you seen my posts today? Yes, I guess I should be more on the offensive rather that the defensive. It's certainly a better strategy. I guess I just post the first thing that comes to my head and I tend to be on the defense as is my personality.
So I'll point fingers with no basis, and you can do the same and we are suppose to magically come to the same conclusion? Cool.
[I think I remember why I hate D1 so much. I feel rusty AF playing with you all.]
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 254, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 202, u r a person 2 wrote:oh NMSA is probably town, too. Let's call it town lean because he's a smart guy and could probably improve dramatically from game 1 to game 2. i'll look more into that idea later
Not even done reading through the thread after my crazy workload from today but :))))))) also town!TTTT plus town!urap2 means an almost certain town win, and I'm reading them both that way (they're both playing the exact same way they did in 1915), so town chances don't look bad even if I'm forced to lurk all game from meatworld responsibilities.
In post 218, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 91, chennisden wrote:Hi, my school blocks Mafia and I had to sleep, so I wasn't on for a while.

I will read through and give thoughts.
It's stupid as all heck, but seriously, greeting the thread (esp in first posts, but later too I bet) comes from newb!scum way way more often than from newb!town
I agree here, it's basically how they caught me in 1915, which (to forestall argument) I will continue to cite constantly all game, since it's my only experience on here.

No time to respond to everything rn, but if I'm forced to continue lurking, I'm going to sheep urap and TTTT unless one flips scum, since my reads so far pretty much line up. Thus, VOTE: chennisden
I had a few thoughts on this

- noting that he might be "forced to lurk all game" without any apparent concern about whether he'd get lynched over it feels town
- i agree with TTTT that I think scum sheeping onto a mislynch would likely be more self conscious about it, i don't know if scum!NMSA is sophisticated enough to fake a blasé attitude yet.
- the way he repeatedly references his past game signals to me that he's excited to scumhunt? idk when I write this out it feels like a reach but I get the vibe that he's coming at this from "oh I'm town now and this is how I was scum and caught in my last game", felt that with his opening post too, it just kinda strikes me as someone who genuinely wants to catch scum / is happy to have rolled town alignment

plus I think a big reason is simply that I read his past scumgame and he felt like total obvscum in that one but here i'm not seeing any of that at all
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:37 am

Post by TTTT »

@Noodle
let's start here...
out of those who are voting you or talking about maybe doing that (me)
whose motives are you the most suspicious of and why?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”