Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:38 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 420, TTTT wrote:I think he learned from his first game (as scum) about what looks like acting
I think if he rolled scum here he would be playing it super safe and try not to stick out
Let me go back and read his iso in the first game because I had not drawn the same conclusion. I'm not going to be able to follow through on this until this evening. Although, since both you and GL have the same read on this, I'm inclined to listen
103-11 0-2
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 422, Screamingnoodle wrote:I don't have an aversion to this at all... Have you seen my posts today? Yes, I guess I should be more on the offensive rather that the defensive. It's certainly a better strategy. I guess I just post the first thing that comes to my head and I tend to be on the defense as is my personality.
So I'll point fingers with no basis, and you can do the same and we are suppose to magically come to the same conclusion? Cool.
I feel you're misrepping here, or trying to make my argument look bad

it's not a simple matter of offensive/defensive, you can be active and involved without being too aggressive. I'd categorize it more as engaged/disengaged. Engaged people are proactively commenting on stuff, bringing new thoughts/ideas to the table, demonstrating that they are trying to generate information and using information they've gained to inform their reads. disengaged people are floating in the thread and not making an impact, don't seem to particularly care who gets voted/wagoned, don't seem to care if people disagree/ignore their posts. I would categorize your ISO so far as disengaged and would be surprised if you disagree with me.

also what makes you say "no basis". I've given reasons for nearly all of my votes/reads and put a lot of thought into many of my posts - yes oftentimes it is my interpretation and not grounded in 100% solid empirical fact, but it still constitutes a "basis" for where and why I'm pointing fingers.

also you didn't answer my question about what you think would actually constitute a "good" reason or actual "information" to vote/scumread someone.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:43 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Let's say for the sake of argument that NMSA is in the town bloc, though.

So that means the wagon on Chenn had

TTTT, u r a person 2, NotMySpamAccount, Echo

all town wagon?
103-11 0-2
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:45 am

Post by TTTT »

good point
could still be a mislynch
could be scum caught off-guard by how fast it collapsed?
they wouldn't want to quickhammer a mislynch
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:46 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think if there's scum in my blind spot it's Echo - I like his reads this game so I haven't taken too critical of an eye towards his posts but there are some things there that could be scum-indicative after you get a few surprising townflips first

but I've also been thinking that chendennis/screaming noodle scumteam would actually make a lot of sense here
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:49 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 429, GuiltyLion wrote:I think if there's scum in my blind spot it's Echo - I like his reads this game so I haven't taken too critical of an eye towards his posts but there are some things there that could be scum-indicative after you get a few surprising townflips first

but I've also been thinking that chendennis/screaming noodle scumteam would actually make a lot of sense here
agree with all of this
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:53 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 274, EchoVision wrote:
In post 140, chennisden wrote:New read on TTTT: Scum.

He's making his stuff hard to understand to town. He has no real reason to scumread me.

Literally his only evidence is me forgetting something. Yet he's acting very scummy - posting stuff with little explanation, most of stuff he posts is sarcastic, etc.

But I think TTTT has a point with Muh. If others think this is TvT, I think we gotta go for Muh.
oof icky yucky i don't like this slot either but i feel like screamingnoodle + this isn't scum team bc interactions seem like hardcore noob interactions
which interactions did you think didn't look like SvS, Echo?
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:54 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

there is 0% chance of a {Chenn, Echo} team, lol. That's for sure
103-11 0-2
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:55 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 387, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 360, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 357, GuiltyLion wrote:(he could have faked that dumbtell)
sorry, she* could have faked that dumbtell

VOTE: screamingnoodle

I like this vote. She's mostly sitting on the sidelines, hasn't voted since RVS, and the "conspiracy theory" idea of TTTT/myself being buddies with chendennis still pings me as the stuff newbie scums think sounds like real scumhunting. And repeated sideline posting without actually doing anything game advancing feels to me like a better d1 scumtell than chen newbie posting a lot of hard to interpret weirdness

and we all missed this inconsistency on first go round:
In post 93, Screamingnoodle wrote:Though, I wont be changing my vote unless I have a reason to believe the person is not for team town.
In post 118, Screamingnoodle wrote:UNVOTE: Chan

In kind, returning the favor. Lol

But still no idea who to vote for. Looks like we are leaning TTTT, though. Idk

Sorry GL, you are really stretching here... the reason why I unvoted for Chen at the time was because of his argument for why he voted me. I was also extremely curious of all the back and forth beginning of the game that you were very much involved in.
All of the back and forth made me really question why I voted, and it was simply OMGUS as everyone stated; because there was no reason I had to vote for him at the beginning other than he voted for me. (Feel free to look through my ISO to be sure.)

I'd really like to address what other concerns you have for your scumread on me. Bring it.. I'm ready.
If there is anything I've been so far is honest with everyone. (Even through asking what OMGUS means... ) I honestly haven't a clue on where to go or what to do (read my ISO) and no.. I'm not faking it.
This is really my first game here. I'm starting to finally 'get' how this game goes again... (again it's been several years since I've played) so forgive me for being a little slow to the party. ;)
My "argument" was RVS.

holy poop I have a lot to read
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 am

Post by chennisden »

Is noodle at L-2? If not I'm jumping, if she is I don't want to vote just yet.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:01 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 434, chennisden wrote:Is noodle at L-2? If not I'm jumping, if she is I don't want to vote just yet.
L-2, yes

That really shouldn't stop you from putting down your vote, tho. If you scum read noodle, I strongly encourage you to vote.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 435, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 434, chennisden wrote:Is noodle at L-2? If not I'm jumping, if she is I don't want to vote just yet.
L-2, yes

That really shouldn't stop you from putting down your vote, tho. If you scum read noodle, I strongly encourage you to vote.
by doing this,
you establish that your scum read isn't just bluster
you pressure the person being wagoned
you pressure any scum currently on the wagon (if they want to jump off of a bus or a mislynch, they better start moving..)

It's not a bad thing to do, really.
103-11 0-2
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 am

Post by chennisden »

I intend on voting for her when I case her a little more, let me read her ISO.

Rn she seems ultra scummy, that reverse OMGUS and lurking and not casing anyone AND giving no protown vibes or defense is really not making her look good.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 am

Post by chennisden »

I am a little afraid of a lolhammer to be honest
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 426, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 422, Screamingnoodle wrote:I don't have an aversion to this at all... Have you seen my posts today? Yes, I guess I should be more on the offensive rather that the defensive. It's certainly a better strategy. I guess I just post the first thing that comes to my head and I tend to be on the defense as is my personality.
So I'll point fingers with no basis, and you can do the same and we are suppose to magically come to the same conclusion? Cool.
I feel you're misrepping here, or trying to make my argument look bad

it's not a simple matter of offensive/defensive, you can be active and involved without being too aggressive. I'd categorize it more as engaged/disengaged. Engaged people are proactively commenting on stuff, bringing new thoughts/ideas to the table, demonstrating that they are trying to generate information and using information they've gained to inform their reads. disengaged people are floating in the thread and not making an impact, don't seem to particularly care who gets voted/wagoned, don't seem to care if people disagree/ignore their posts. I would categorize your ISO so far as disengaged and would be surprised if you disagree with me.

also what makes you say "no basis". I've given reasons for nearly all of my votes/reads and put a lot of thought into many of my posts - yes oftentimes it is my interpretation and not grounded in 100% solid empirical fact, but it still constitutes a "basis" for where and why I'm pointing fingers.

also you didn't answer my question about what you think would actually constitute a "good" reason or actual "information" to vote/scumread someone.
I don't disagree with you that my time AFK puts suspicion on me. I don't think I ever said that it didn't. I don't feel that I am disengaged in anything, but again.. just my word right?

With the argument that you put forth about how we should weed out scum, with being on the offense; I, again, feel that alot of this is just pointing fingers back and forth. You jump on me for being defensive when I know a lynch for me is a bad thing. Yet, instruct me that being this way is bad and that I should point fingers in other directions. To me, this would be an obvious scumtell. So, it's almost like your encouraging me to scumtell when I know for a fact that this will do nothing but hurt the town in the end.

I have answered your last question multiple times, but not directly. ^ This would be a good reason to lynch someone. Also, encouraging others to scumtell when they arn't gives me a reason to believe that you are scum and trying to get a townie lynched D1 which is very easy to do.
The only hard evidence we can go on is a lynch at this point. Which will then give us good indication of all who have been participating where their allegiance may lie.

Honestly, I don't really mind if people lynch me. Everyone will find out in the end that I was right, even if that means I'm out of this game. However, I would like the chance to keep playing with you all as I feel that as newb as I have been through this whole thing so far; at least a couple people may actually trust what I have to say.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:07 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 438, chennisden wrote:I am a little afraid of a lolhammer to be honest
if noodle is town and scum quick hammers, we lynch them tomorrow and enjoy the town-sided 1 for 1 trade.

Sometimes you just gotta trust town not to be stupid. Otherwise it handicaps you.

But yes, please go make sure your scum read is solid before you vote (but after you signal that you're super ready to jump on the wagon if, alas, it wasn't already at L-2!)
103-11 0-2
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:10 am

Post by chennisden »

On mobile so cant quote conveniently, sry.

Screaming, how do you think youve been town telling?

I think youre scum because you havent read anyone except yourself. You have offered no real defense on L-2.

And you have no idea who to lynch probably because you are scum looking for an easy mislynch at this point.

VOTE: ScreamingNoodle

THIS IS L-1 PLEASE NO LOLHAMMERS.

Let her claim! And if she's town, let her give her input before she's lynched! (If shes scum said input might also be helpful.)
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:11 am

Post by chennisden »

Side note: Congratulations on the kid turning 5!
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:12 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 441, chennisden wrote:Let her claim! And if she's town, let her give her input before she's lynched! (If shes scum said input might also be helpful.)
Saying this for the second time this game, now bolded for emphasis

No one should claim anything until someone gives intent to hammer
103-11 0-2
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:13 am

Post by TTTT »

Intent to Hammer

Noodle plz claim your role
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:14 am

In post 442, chennisden wrote:Side note: Congratulations on the kid turning 5!
Thanks. Time goes by too quickly. :(
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:15 am

In post 444, TTTT wrote:
Intent to Hammer

Noodle plz claim your role
I have done this already... Townie. Vanilla in every way... Don't know what else you all want me to say... and apparently as Echo stated. Words are words and mean nothing.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

this wagon has a maximum of one scum on it given TTTT,GL,urap town bloc and echo vs chenn not being SvS
103-11 0-2
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 am

Post by TTTT »

if she flips red the partner is another newbie
otherwise she would have fake-claimed to out PR
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 448, TTTT wrote:if she flips red the partner is another newbie
otherwise she would have fake-claimed to out PR
agreed

kind of want to hear from Thespio prior to hammer, but am also okay with hammer lol
103-11 0-2

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”