Newbie 1917 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 522, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 474, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: chennisden

back to L-1 again
Thank you. Let's hammer chen and then move on to noodle. I'm 99% certain at least one is scum.
oof ?
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hot take, chen is mafia power role that's why Thespio is trying so hard to save him
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 515, TTTT wrote:I'm caught up
what don't you like other him thinking you are chennis' partner?
Everything about his switch, it feels unnatural, he goes from what seems all in to someone entirely different, we see 1 wagon which theirs no opposition to, then another where one pops up in time to save their life. the first wagon should sound familiar to you since you died that way last game we played. Im not saying chen isnt scum, i just think U R A Person 2 is.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 526, GuiltyLion wrote:hot take, chen is mafia power role that's why Thespio is trying so hard to save him
Literally not playing this game where we try to line up lynches, How is everyone ignoring this weird transition?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 527, Thespio wrote:
Im not saying chen isnt scum
, i just think U R A Person 2 is.
:shifty:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 514, TTTT wrote:someone should intend to hammer chennis so we can get his fake-claim out of the way
I'll go ahead and hammer myself, screw it. VOTE: Chennisden
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 am

Post by EchoVision »

i have to go to work shortly, but would both of Thespio and URAP2 mind throwing together little cases on eachother since you both seem to scum read eachother (when you get time of course)? i think it would help everyone, as it can be used as persuasion, as well as forces both of you to relook at the others slot
they don't have to be the most involved thing just somethin to throw out there that's more than "they're conf scum" which neither of you have done, i just don't think this is the thing to get lazy over

also i know this may not be where you want to lynch today, i'm just curious
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 530, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 514, TTTT wrote:someone should intend to hammer chennis so we can get his fake-claim out of the way
alright after i declared intent to hammer, you went and hammered for what reason? if chen flips green i feel like this is where we go tomorrow
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am

In post 526, GuiltyLion wrote:hot take, chen is mafia power role that's why Thespio is trying so hard to save him
hmmm my gut likes this no matter the odds.
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

poggers
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by Thespio »

I did, but also day is now over, we managed to waste 5 days. Not odd a newbie lol hammered there, if hes green im pushing you to death.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 524, EchoVision wrote:
In post 521, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 507, EchoVision wrote:so does this mean that noodle is now conf town for you?
no, not conf town

but I do think they are probably town.

@Thespio I'm not voting you because Chenn is the best lynch today, and I think it's pretty clear why I think that!
sorry, conf town was a bit much... but to you, GL, noodle, and TTTT are town?
Yes, I am reading TTTT, GL, and noodle town right now.
103-11 0-2
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 531, EchoVision wrote:i have to go to work shortly, but would both of Thespio and URAP2 mind throwing together little cases on eachother since you both seem to scum read eachother (when you get time of course)? i think it would help everyone, as it can be used as persuasion, as well as forces both of you to relook at the others slot
they don't have to be the most involved thing just somethin to throw out there that's more than "they're conf scum" which neither of you have done, i just don't think this is the thing to get lazy over

also i know this may not be where you want to lynch today, i'm just curious
Ill start something but we are in limbo and the thread could be locked at any moment.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

wait was chen able to claim?
103-11 0-2
CsBlastoise
CsBlastoise
Townie
CsBlastoise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Post by CsBlastoise »

Woah, the game has seriously exploded since noon. I was going to post shortly before then, but I had somewhere to go and ran out of time. I'm still catching up; I'm only at , but I have to post
something
now because I
have
content to post and it will just take too long if I try to catch up first.

Post of Partial Catchup:
In post 319, CsBlastoise wrote:I promise I'll make some good contributions tomorrow.
Well, what do you know, I forgot. I went to church in the morning, then got caught up in other things (trying to write a letter for a meatworld thing and getting sidetracked watching anime). Honestly, I can foresee this being a little pattern of mine: ironically, I may end up posting less on weekends because it's too easy to get just slip into watching anime. Most weekdays, I'll be more in contexts that lend themselves more to playing mafia.

Honestly, my being inactive for a day and a half begs the question of why nobody accused me of lurking during that time. :neutral: :eek:
At least I wasn't forgotten:
In post 453, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah don't hammer yet, we got time, I want some updates from CsBlastoise
Anyway, I'll start by replying to a bit posted more directly towards me:
In post 320, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 319, CsBlastoise wrote:Okay, but don't hold off too long on that claim. I think you already know what it will look like if you start to stall too much.
no one should claim anything until someone gives intent to hammer them
I kind of forgot.
In post 408, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 403, TTTT wrote:I don't have a single strong TR
this is a problem i'm having as well.
Weren't we all… until screaming and chen ended up at L-1 in rapid succession. I seriously want to get a claim from chen if we haven't already (as far as I've read, chen hadn't claimed).
In post 409, EchoVision wrote:
In post 400, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
i'm so okay with this lynch bc she's now at L-2 yet her case seems to only be "i'm town because I said so"
Yeah, screamingnoodle, you've got to find a way to back yourself up
somehow
In post 412, Screamingnoodle wrote:
In post 409, EchoVision wrote:
In post 400, Screamingnoodle wrote:Well, anyways... there is my case. Have fun ya'll.
i'm so okay with this lynch bc she's now at L-2 yet her case seems to only be "i'm town because I said so"
And I laugh because of how bad of a decision this is, but I digress.
This does not help your case.
In post 429, GuiltyLion wrote:…I've also been thinking that chendennis/screaming noodle scumteam would actually make a lot of sense here
Well, yeah, after the stuff with chen happened, I agree. Sure, I was "defending" the slot at the beginning, but that was before chen became one of the top posters, so my point was we needed content from him. Now we have it, so reads can change.

PEdit: Quadruple ninja'd, but guys, I'm so far behind in my catchup it doesn't matter. My post could be quite far from the current course of the game, but give me fifteen minutes or so and I'll get back to you on something at least a little closer to the present if not all the way there.

PEdit 2: Wait, an octuple ninja
and
a hammer? WHAT THE FLIP?!?

PEdit 3: 3 More ninjas and I still need to read up, argh!
In post 47 of the Newbie 1827 dead thread, mhsmith0 wrote:

I feel like this game is like a giant primer on how NOT to play mafia. On both sides really.

My biggest RIP moment so far
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Post by TTTT »

you should know better
we got no claim :facepalm:
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I can write a stellar case on Thespio but I want that sweet chennis scumflip first to confirm it
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Thespio »

For the future, even if you think its him, declare intent, because you may have just killed a PR, alot can happen in 5 days, you also just wasted our time and time is good for town.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 541, GuiltyLion wrote:I can write a stellar case on Thespio but I want that sweet chennis scumflip first to confirm it
Ill be glad to hear it when he flips green and you have nothing.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:16 am

TTTT, why is what I just did a good idea when you did it to MJL in 1915, but a bad idea now?
Show

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am

It got reactions at least.
Show

TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am

Post by TTTT »

chennis if you are here what's the flip don't leave us in suspense!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 543, Thespio wrote:Ill be glad to hear it when he flips green and you have nothing.
why are you accepting that I would have something if he did indeed flip red

like if you were town then you'd think that I have nothing either way lmao
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 544, NotMySpamAccount wrote:TTTT, why is what I just did a good idea when you did it to MJL in 1915, but a bad idea now?
shush
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:18 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 544, NotMySpamAccount wrote:TTTT, why is what I just did a good idea when you did it to MJL in 1915, but a bad idea now?
In post 545, NotMySpamAccount wrote:It got reactions at least.
I'm a little ashamed that you got me

Also, should have waited for a chen reaction before revealing
103-11 0-2

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”