Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 520, ajfefijsleifjsa wrote:a50 what happens if we lynch a literal scumclaim
See above. The problem is deciding whether it's a legit claim or a troll. As I mentioned before, I don't believe/disbelieve anything Jay says.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

The Monkey understands the will of Jay well, I see. Note to self, leave alive till day 4.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by ajfefijsleifjsa »

In post 524, Bambi Jay wrote:In what world is it town aligned to hang a claimed Mafia?
:giggle:
also it was a question, not a suggestion
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

Join this 81 player mafia game
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:51 pm

In post 524, Bambi Jay wrote:In what world is it town aligned to hang a claimed Mafia?
it's better than a mislynch
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:52 pm

In post 519, Almost50 wrote:I'll post a full readlist IF, and ONLY IF you huys agree to this. Otherwise, it won't provide enough cover for the Seer anyway.
can you elaborate on this? why would it be bad for you to post reads? reads help town...
ajfefijsleifjsa

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

The read list will NOT contain my "Mafia only" reads, nor will it refer to "Mafia OR WW" as such. It will be WW/Not WW, just as the Seer gets their results.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 498, brassherald wrote:This shitty game isn't even fun because you all skipped the RVS stage. Legitimately, expect me to meet your anti-fun attitudes with this much venom until I die because fuck you all for making this game miserable
I can buy the game isn't fun for you, but I bet it's because you rolled scum ;)

"Skipping RVS" is one of the worst reasons for behaving like all fun is sucked out of the game; and is a poor defense to an accusation that Brass isn't reading the thread.

*However* I'm pretty sure scum would've kept track of Jay's claim, so I'm not so sure on this right now.

If RosterFoster continues to lurk, lynch it.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Post by Auro »

@A50: Your math is correct; however, you're also assuming wolves would NK randomly. This won't happen since we already have a Mafia claim (Jay) which is a definite non-NK, which skews the numbers; also I'm the probable NK anyway because I'm virtually unlynchable at this point. Do you still think No Lynch is bad?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by Vedith »

I feel like I want to lynch Auro after that.
I claim scum \o/
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 498, brassherald wrote:This shitty game isn't even fun because you all skipped the RVS stage. Legitimately, expect me to meet your anti-fun attitudes with this much venom until I die because fuck you all for making this game miserable
Dude, just... calm down, please. You're only going to make things worse by doing that.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 509, brassherald wrote:THIS GAME IS NOT FUN. Almost50 was exactly right when he replaced in.

Just lynch me, because I sure as hell don't give a shit about this game, and I'm not going to replace out for some schmuck to be subjected to this.
This is >rand scum IMO

VOTE: herald
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:50 am

Post by rosterfoster »

This game keeps happening on days when I have no time. I utterly despise that hydra-bambi war though, makes it so much harder to go through the game without being clouded by junk. Apologies for not following my previous post up sooner. Imma do this player by player.

Spoiler: Auro
is where I started not liking it. It's such a bs reason to shade someone, it's pointless to speculate on why a replacement. And probably mildly unethical. But then he admits he was wrong, so IDK. I don't like . It almost seemed to catalyse the Clem lynch, which was horrible btw. I also don't like . In no way is this slot unlynchable, in fact perhaps the opposite is the case. Not happy with the number of people townreading this.

Spoiler: Egix
There's a bunch on nothingy posts here, but that's been par for the course in this game, so probably not AI. Didn't have anything to so with the clem wagon which I think it the most telling moment of D1, so null.

Spoiler: Bujaber
I like the pushback against the hydra thing. Shame it was ignored. Got kind of pushed into voting for Clem, but I felt that was some town willingness to engage with (suspected) other town, to make something happy. I find that vote much better than Auro's. Gonna say pretty hard town here.

Spoiler: Bambi
I completely hated the stupid Hydra discussion. But I've said that before so I'll not get into it again. and are such bs. There was no need to hammer that as town, but the whole nature of the game meant she felt that she could and get away with it. I don't get why everyone believes that she's a mafia and not a werewolf. Like it makes way more sense for ww to claim mafia than the other way roun
Spoiler:
d. I think this is ww.

Spoiler: McQueen
Hasn't said much, but did keep his vote on Clem all the way through. That makes me slightly suspicious.

Spoiler: Vedith
Some trolling, but actually some reasonable posts. I don't think they did so bad in joining the Clem wagon - that all stemmed from Auro. Then there is actually some coherent thought and shifting of position due to shifting of facts. Mild townread on this.

Spoiler: Almost 50
I like this slot actually. Not many posts, but the maths in is legit. Though I think we should be trying to lynch scum though,

Spoiler: Brassherald
I feel the AtE's are completely genuine, as this game got fucked up with that hydra shit.

Spoiler: Hyra
Kill me now. This is such a shit slot, but I have no idea if it's scum, and we can't policy lynch today (or yesterday, for that matter). I feel bad but all I can do it ignore these posts.

A50, how can you differentiate between WW and Mafia reads in general? That confuses me so much.

Bambi/Auro WW's would be funny. I have some conviction that Bambi is actually a wolf.

However, I agree with A50 about the maths. We should NL. I think Bambi/Auro is possible WW, with Bambi more sure.

VOTE: No Lynch
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:09 am

Post by Auro »

In post 536, rosterfoster wrote:Not many posts, but the maths in 519 is legit. Though
I think we should be trying to lynch scum though
In post 536, rosterfoster wrote:I agree with A50 about the maths.
We should NL
:?:
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:42 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I changed my mind halfway through. Shoot me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Auro »

1. Why is it unethical to question replacements? Especially if it's patterned - I'll use whatever tools I have at my disposal to find scum. New evidence made me retract it.
  2. Where were you when the Clem lynch happened, and why was it a bad lynch? One major force on the wagon is confirmed town (GuiltyLion), and he had his vote there *before* I did and was pushing there before I replaced in. How is BuJaber's vote far better than mine, when it was a sheep vote - sheeping *me*?!
  3. Why would WW claim Mafia, virtually
    asking
    to be lynched? The only potential benefit is to delay a lynch on themselves, but I don't see how that balances the cost of dying anyway.
  4. BrassHerald's AtE being genuine - do you think it's AI? If so, what's your read? If not, why mention this at all?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:52 am

Post by rosterfoster »

1. Ehhh I'm not sure about this. Maybe it's ok. Just feels wrong to me in a way that meta doesn't. In any case I also think it's useless.
2. RL stuff happens - I probsbly should have V/La'd but whatever. IT was a bad lynch because we had lots of time left and there was like 6 pages of actual game (I do not count the pregame stuff)
3. Why would Mafia claim Mafia? Why would town claim mafia? To see why he did so, you just need to look at what has happened about that today. Everyone is just assuming that he was mafia claiming Mafia, which almost gives him a free pass due to the nature of this setup. Wouldn't work anywhere in another setup of course.
4. Yes I think this very specific AI comes from town.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 am

Post by rosterfoster »

One major force was town does not make the whole wagon town (or good, for that matter). I mentioned it already, but I feel that Bujaber was trying to engage somewhat constructively, while you were trying to keep it going for a mislynch.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:03 am

Post by Vedith »

VOTE: No Lybch
I'm okay with this
I claim scum \o/
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 532, Auro wrote:@A50: Your math is correct; however, you're also assuming wolves would NK randomly. This won't happen since we already have a Mafia claim (Jay) which is a definite non-NK, which skews the numbers; also I'm the probable NK anyway because I'm virtually unlynchable at this point. Do you still think No Lynch is bad?
Did I say No Lynch was bad??? :shifty:
I said the only think better than No Lynch is a the lynch of a WW

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Auro »

In post 543, Almost50 wrote:Did I say No Lynch was bad???
Sorry, no, I meant to ask if you still thought a NL was *good*. My arguments were against a No Lynch.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 536, rosterfoster wrote:A50, how can you differentiate between WW and Mafia reads in general? That confuses me so much.
If you can't then you just fake being able to. :lol:

It was a way of having the Seer crumb his check target and result without outing. If we ALL went for it, nobody but the Seer themselves knew what was going on. Not even the WWs would, because if someone places a not-WW at the bottom it could still be the Seer having checked the top of the list and cleared then from being WW.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 539, Auro wrote:Why would WW claim Mafia, virtually asking to be lynched? The only potential benefit is to delay a lynch on themselves, but I don't see how that balances the cost of dying anyway.
Take it from me: Do NOT try to decipher Jay's play. I am not saying he's a WW. I am not saying He's not. But
IF HE IS A WW
then claiming Mafia gives him a free-from-check N1 most of the time. That's 1 chance of trying to shoot the Seer before they get any results, and a 50% less chance for the Seer to get a guilty.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 540, rosterfoster wrote:Why would Mafia claim Mafia? Why would town claim mafia? To see why he did so, you just need to look at what has happened about that today. Everyone is just assuming that he was mafia claiming Mafia, which almost gives him a free pass due to the nature of this setup. Wouldn't work anywhere in another setup of course.
I'll answer this -again- because I know Hay a bit too well.

I said why he would do that as a WW above. Now why do it as Mafia? Simple. One less check for the Seer (he even said it himself) and probably even baiting the NK, thus indirectly
protecting
the Seer (who cannot guilty the Mafia anyway, but can get a guilty on their WW rivals).

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

I could be a town who's pretending to be a Wolf pretending to be Mafia, of that helps anything. Or just Mafia. Or Werewolf being a Mafia.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: No Lynch

@Auro: I obviously do. My real strength in this game is on the mechanical and statistical department. I'm a mediocre player when it comes to developing reads based on tone and gut, and when I try to catch "slips and contradictions" I often read too much into things too. I am also better at meta reads with some than most others.

Return to “Completed Open Games”