BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:46 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2049, Varsoon wrote:Why is no one explaining why they trust A50 now when he's been lying all game?
I don't trust his claims. If I had to pick one I would say his fruit vendor claim is the most believable. But I can't decide if he is coming at this from a town or scum angle.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Fruit Vendor is the only part I believe and only partially.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Hi I didnt hammer anyone am I a good boi
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Varsoon is a50 the scum that snowed me? Can you dumb down like I'm 5 why he's scum?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2037, Varsoon wrote:Literally no way that A50 is some sort of holstered vig in this game.
I know A50 lies as his role plenty as town and I even thought he was town earlier but he REALLY looks like he's setting up some sort of gambit with the Vig claim and the amount that he's wriggled himself in the chara/skitter bloc bothers me a ton.
You could've suggested a No Lynch and to wait to see Elbrin's flip, and you would've been TR'd for it, you noob! Instead, you jumped the gun and claimed Scum when it benefits you not at all to lynch me at the current game status. Even if I'm gone and even if you do kill skitter then Percy will get a result on either you or Elbrin, which means one of you gets lynched tomorrow still, and then the other follows next.

Unless you/Elbrin also have that shotgun, in which case one uses the factional kill and the other uses the shotgun on BEF for a double kill. I'll blame Xtoxm -maybe- if that's the case, but I'll blame skitter more for
always
messing up my plans by insisting to stick her nose where it doesn't belong at the worst of times. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Elbrin: IF you're Town (I'll give that a generous 5% chance because you didn't promptly hammer), the it benefits you NOT AT ALL to lynch me today. As a matter of fact, your sacrifice for the greater good will be much appreciated by the whole Town, myself included.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2049, Varsoon wrote:a claim he'd NEVER make in this setup as town.
Why not? Explain to the class why I wouldn't claim as Town.

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2055, Almost50 wrote:@Elbrin: IF you're Town (I'll give that a generous 5% chance because you didn't promptly hammer), the it benefits you NOT AT ALL to lynch me today. As a matter of fact, your sacrifice for the greater good will be much appreciated by the whole Town, myself included.
My sacrifice is never worth it because I'm town you T H O T
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

That "may be", but you're very much (mis)lynchable in this case, which means you need to
proven
town for people to look elsewhere.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2053, Elbirn wrote:Varsoon is a50 the scum that snowed me? Can you dumb down like I'm 5 why he's scum?
Unnatural reads, has moved you into getting shot range despite you being solidly town, has waffled on reading me whenever it's convenient to get me lynched, lied about his role more than once, is now currently lying about his role, is being mean and town A50 is usually just snarky/nice but doesn't call names iirc, and also he's positioned himself in the townbloc somehow.
In post 2054, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2037, Varsoon wrote:Literally no way that A50 is some sort of holstered vig in this game.
I know A50 lies as his role plenty as town and I even thought he was town earlier but he REALLY looks like he's setting up some sort of gambit with the Vig claim and the amount that he's wriggled himself in the chara/skitter bloc bothers me a ton.
You could've suggested a No Lynch and to wait to see Elbrin's flip, and you would've been TR'd for it, you noob! Instead, you jumped the gun and claimed Scum when it benefits you not at all to lynch me at the current game status. Even if I'm gone and even if you do kill skitter then Percy will get a result on either you or Elbrin, which means one of you gets lynched tomorrow still, and then the other follows next.

Unless you/Elbrin also have that shotgun, in which case one uses the factional kill and the other uses the shotgun on BEF for a double kill. I'll blame Xtoxm -maybe- if that's the case, but I'll blame skitter more for
always
messing up my plans by insisting to stick her nose where it doesn't belong at the worst of times. :lol:
Yeah it's wild it's almost as if I'm town and I need to figure out what the shit is going on and deduce things the best I can.
;_; please don't call me a noob though.
In post 2056, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2049, Varsoon wrote:a claim he'd NEVER make in this setup as town.
Why not? Explain to the class why I wouldn't claim as Town.
You know roleblockers exist in both factions.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like if I'm on some next level paranoid shit, you really need to confirm to me beyond a reasonable doubt that you're town, A50, because otherwise I'd be voting you in LYLO.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2059, Varsoon wrote:You know roleblockers exist in both factions.
The scum RB has already flipped though.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2060, Varsoon wrote:Like if I'm on some next level paranoid shit, you really need to confirm to me beyond a reasonable doubt that you're town, A50, because otherwise I'd be voting you in LYLO.
You won't be alive in LyLo. You're today's lynch if Elbrin's not your partner. Period.

The thing is you're the only one here who knows the flavor well enough to judge, and I claimed my flavor, so -if you were town- you'd know it's true beyond doubt, and thus it matches the abilities (unless Xtoxm didn't make it that way). The fact that you overlooked that is reason enough for me to have no doubt about you being scum.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2044, Varsoon wrote:Though I wonder if scum-A50 realizes Elbirn's too much of a consensus townread to take down and fakes his claim to provide a 'clear' there so that he looks clear as well.
Let me let you in on a little bit of modding insight that Xtoxm and I agreed on a long fucking time ago: There can never be more mechanical clears than there are scum players.
With the Lovers essentially being masons, that's 2 already. With the 1-shot cop handout, that's 3. There's no way there's fucking 6 or whatever mental shit A50 is on right now.

UNVOTE:

Walk me through how A50 isn't lying scum?
a) elbirn is not a consensus townread

b) there aren't more mechanical clears than scum - there's a phantom cop and a 1shot cop, and that's it, the phantom only gets hard guilties, it doesn't give clears

c) lovers != masons, don't be ridiculous

d) a50 doesn't have any ability to clear peopel
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2045, Varsoon wrote:I don't see how it's a fucking scum-claim to push what strikes me as a BLATANT SCUM GAMBIT.
If anything, the scum play by me would've been to fucking lay low and not shake up the foundations because LITERALLY THREE OTHER PEOPLE WERE UP FOR LYNCH BEFORE ME.
why is it a BLATANT SCUM GAMBIT
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2049, Varsoon wrote:Why is no one explaining why they trust A50 now when he's been lying all game?
Especially now when he's claiming this big huge play that he's going to make--a claim he'd NEVER make in this setup as town.

Also, Skitter, do you think your role clears Elbirn's and if so, how do you reconcile that against what I said earlier about the design theory between Xtoxm and myself? Do you think Xtoxm would design the game such that this many town could be cleared? I think Elbirn is solidly town here, and I disagree heavily with A50 shading Elbirn claiming he'd kill there as a vig, too, but I wonder what your take is on this all.
because a bunch of small details add up and make sense wrt his claim (specifically the motivator thing, he's claimed protective before, and there was something else that i'm blanking on)

why is lying about his role ai for him?

i don't know why you think elbirn is town here
no, i don't think it clears elbirn, why would it clear elbirn? if anything the reason why i think his claim is slightly townie is because he *claimed* the negative utility; i don't think he's townie by virtue of having that as his role
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2054, Almost50 wrote:but I'll blame skitter more for always messing up my plans by insisting to stick her nose where it doesn't belong at the worst of times.
tbh i'm not entirely sure where you think i did this here ... ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2052, Elbirn wrote:Hi I didnt hammer anyone am I a good boi
uh nobody's at l-1 rn unless i really miscounted
Show
Hiatus once more.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2061, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2059, Varsoon wrote:You know roleblockers exist in both factions.
The scum RB has already flipped though.
The certainty that you say 'THE' scum RB like you KNOW there isn't ANOTHER 1-shot RB in scum bothers me.
In post 2062, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2060, Varsoon wrote:Like if I'm on some next level paranoid shit, you really need to confirm to me beyond a reasonable doubt that you're town, A50, because otherwise I'd be voting you in LYLO.
You won't be alive in LyLo. You're today's lynch if Elbrin's not your partner. Period.

The thing is you're the only one here who knows the flavor well enough to judge, and I claimed my flavor, so -if you were town- you'd know it's true beyond doubt, and thus it matches the abilities (unless Xtoxm didn't make it that way). The fact that you overlooked that is reason enough for me to have no doubt about you being scum.
See--you're way too certain of shit like 'you wont be in lylo'. That's not something town says.
I know the flavor well enough to tell you that the character you claimed is literally a flavor-perfect scum fake-claim and I even discussed this behind spoiler= tags.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

isn't varsoon the person who brought up the notion in the first place that the flexibolt thing might end up being a conditional vig on scum or something? i'm not sure why he's so skeptical?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i really don't think a50 is scum here despite the fake-claiming shenanigans
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2013, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2007, Elbirn wrote:
In post 2003, Elbirn wrote: You're literally confirmed town thanks to my role, congratulations.
In post 2004, skitter30 wrote:? why
Because my role (can't be modified/role changed/whatever) necessitates the existence of a town role such as yours that gives out abilities or power ups. That's literally it, nothing else.
why does it necessitate the existance of a *town* role?
@elbirn
Show
Hiatus once more.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2064, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2045, Varsoon wrote:I don't see how it's a fucking scum-claim to push what strikes me as a BLATANT SCUM GAMBIT.
If anything, the scum play by me would've been to fucking lay low and not shake up the foundations because LITERALLY THREE OTHER PEOPLE WERE UP FOR LYNCH BEFORE ME.
why is it a BLATANT SCUM GAMBIT
It's a lie made to get him through the night after a mislynch. When he's unable to produce two kills, he'll lie again to get ya'll to lynch 50/50 between him or a town player, likely someone like Elbirn, who is who he claimed he'd shoot. I've done this before pre-LYLO.
In post 2063, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2044, Varsoon wrote:Though I wonder if scum-A50 realizes Elbirn's too much of a consensus townread to take down and fakes his claim to provide a 'clear' there so that he looks clear as well.
Let me let you in on a little bit of modding insight that Xtoxm and I agreed on a long fucking time ago: There can never be more mechanical clears than there are scum players.
With the Lovers essentially being masons, that's 2 already. With the 1-shot cop handout, that's 3. There's no way there's fucking 6 or whatever mental shit A50 is on right now.

UNVOTE:

Walk me through how A50 isn't lying scum?
a) elbirn is not a consensus townread

b) there aren't more mechanical clears than scum - there's a phantom cop and a 1shot cop, and that's it, the phantom only gets hard guilties, it doesn't give clears

c) lovers != masons, don't be ridiculous

d) a50 doesn't have any ability to clear peopel
I was under that impression re: his claim and how people treated it in regards to yours.
A50's operating on different assumptions.
I didn't include Phantom cop because it doesn't get clears--but the 1-shot cop does and the lovers are essentially clear because why would they be opposite aligns???

In post 2065, skitter30 wrote:
Especially now when he's claiming this big huge play that he's going to make--a claim he'd NEVER make in this setup as town.

Also, Skitter, do you think your role clears Elbirn's and if so, how do you reconcile that against what I said earlier about the design theory between Xtoxm and myself? Do you think Xtoxm would design the game such that this many town could be cleared? I think Elbirn is solidly town here, and I disagree heavily with A50 shading Elbirn claiming he'd kill there as a vig, too, but I wonder what your take is on this all.
because a bunch of small details add up and make sense wrt his claim (specifically the motivator thing, he's claimed protective before, and there was something else that i'm blanking on)

why is lying about his role ai for him?

i don't know why you think elbirn is town here
no, i don't think it clears elbirn, why would it clear elbirn? if anything the reason why i think his claim is slightly townie is because he *claimed* the negative utility; i don't think he's townie by virtue of having that as his role
What motivator thing are you talking about? I'm lost.

It's a thing he does as town more often than scum.

I think it doesn't clear him either but someone (a50?) proposed that Elbirn must be town if Skitter's town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2069, skitter30 wrote:

isn't varsoon the person who brought up the notion in the first place that the flexibolt thing might end up being a conditional vig on scum or something? i'm not sure why he's so skeptical?
I floated it and he took the idea and ran with it. That's part of how I know it's a lie. And now he's trying to act like if I was scum and knew this, I'd be vocal about it instead of sitting smug knowing he can't produce a second kill and sitting back waiting to see how it falls down around his head.

In post 2070, skitter30 wrote:i really don't think a50 is scum here despite the fake-claiming shenanigans
I don't see any reason for town to play the way he has here, though. If you have a good case for him being town, please walk me through it. I don't want to fuck up in the final stretch of the game and go all-in on the wrong player here but god if the immediate turnaround on a wagon on me the second I voted A50 doesn't speak volumes towards something being fucky here, I don't know what's what.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:26 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 2053, Elbirn wrote:Varsoon is a50 the scum that snowed me? Can you dumb down like I'm 5 why he's scum?
Explain his change from reading mcqueen as mechanically cleared town to scum. Do you believe his bullshit about finding a loved scum in a blatantly bastard game named Everything is Still a Lie, and concluding that's reasonable precedent for loved scum? It's utterly ridiculous. That question is to you too, skitter. On the face of it, this is scum thinking he needs more mislynch options down the road, and so setting one up and hoping the complete contradiction goes unnoticed. Tell me what else it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”