Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 1441, RadiantCowbells wrote:On some level, you do understand that Morality is not a player that you would correctly scumread, right?
Again- I have no delusions about my ability to play this game.
In post 1440, Shoshin wrote:What's your plan for winning this game, Vorkuta? How do you intend to find scum on D1? What're you looking for?
-Plan....? As in "follow RC as he lynches teh scums/leads town off a cliff"? Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face
Michael Scott

-I don't think we find scum on D1. Simple as that. We lynch the least common denominator, or the most anti-town player and see what the night PR's do/give us.
This isn't an open setup with X VT's and Y Goons with no powers, so let's see what happens. They've won games for me in the past, and if it ain't broken...

-As I've said waaay early on, I'm trying to get a read on your personalities and what's within/outside the realm of possibilities and everyone's scum range.
Later on when people begin claiming, when people will begin to point fingers, and when/if people begin to scum read me, I need to understand the true extent of the damage that scum!players are capable of doing and try and minimize that.
-I like shit like this.
In post 555, RadiantCowbells wrote:again

my townpool in this game is not wrong and i'll kill you if you try to go after it

this is the end of this discussion
It's a commitment that forces extreme leaps in logic and backtracking that will result in slipups from scum players.
I think Morality has similar ones as well (but less explicit).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

For the record, Aurathebirb.
The 'reasons arent good enough to lynch Creature' thing that you townread I think is incredibly scummy.
Creature himself has even acknowledged that his opener was scummy as fuck. I don't think that's a legitimate read. I think that's scum who thinks they can look good by defending Town!Creature because they already know they're gonna prove themselves town and there's no point going after them. I'm saying that that read is a TMI read, in other words.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 pm

In post 1450, Vorkuta wrote:-I don't think we find scum on D1. Simple as that. We lynch the least common denominator, or the most anti-town player and see what the night PR's do/give us.
This isn't an open setup with X VT's and Y Goons with no powers, so let's see what happens. They've won games for me in the past, and if it ain't broken...
Do you realize that I hit scum >50% of my town games D1 and my reads have been progressively getting better and better over the last year?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 pm

Like- we're planning to hit scum D1. Don't sell what we're capable of as a town short. If you think that we can hit scum D1 we can hit scum D1. If we're not trying to hit scum D1, what exactly are we trying to do?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

I'm 10 pages behind so it'll take some time to catch up, page 48 has some pressure on Shoshin and Vedith though. I'll defend both of these slots, they are both strong townreads for me and bad lynches at that, Shoshin more so.

My reads have jumped around a fair bit so I'll get around to my reads list after I'm caught up.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1453, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like- we're planning to hit scum D1. Don't sell what we're capable of as a town short. If you think that we can hit scum D1 we can hit scum D1. If we're not trying to hit scum D1, what exactly are we trying to do?
Seriously. I hate the mentality so many players have of not even trying to lynch scum D1. I definitely hit scum on D1 more often than not. And even when we mislynch, scum are almost always in town's crosshairs. It's often just a matter of getting town to agree on the right player.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Enigma, why is Vedith town? You need to help me with that.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

If you're town RC.

D1 we're trying to establish precedents/relationships, see the interaction between players, hear out some meta arguments, and get the lynch that provides the most information. Like there's a really strong Shoshin/RC bond, and there's a real nice Morality/Vedith bond as well this game. Creature is in Team Morality, Boats is closer to team RC, and so on. Factionalism.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Fuck information lynching. You win mafia by lynching scum, not by creating information.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:11 pm

VOTE: DrDolittle

I think this is my most confident wolfread that isn't Morality.
If you're town RC.

D1 we're trying to establish precedents/relationships, see the interaction between players, hear out some meta arguments, and get the lynch that provides the most information. Like there's a really strong Shoshin/RC bond, and there's a real nice Morality/Vedith bond as well this game. Creature is in Team Morality, Boats is closer to team RC, and so on. Factionalism.
Or we could just, like, murder scum. Do you really think if I was scum I wouldn't be manipulating the way that the factions developed such that your analysis of it would lead you further away from winning the game?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Shoshin »

That factionalist approach is so manipulable by scum, Vorkuta. Like, oof. You're the kind of townie I dream of playing against as scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 pm

That's technically untrue Shoshin, we create information by lynching people who flip scum. That information is that the person we lynched was scum. :good:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:13 pm

In post 1460, Shoshin wrote:That factionalist approach is so manipulable by scum, Vorkuta. Like, oof. You're the kind of townie I dream of playing against as scum.
You're the kind of townie I dream of playing with as town. <3
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1462, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1460, Shoshin wrote:That factionalist approach is so manipulable by scum, Vorkuta. Like, oof. You're the kind of townie I dream of playing against as scum.
I'm going to be heartbroken if you're scum this game.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 1459, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: DrDolittle

I think this is my most confident wolfread that isn't Morality.
Missed the last 10 pages but big oof
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

"You win the game by getting more points than the other guys".

Maybe in a dozen or so games I'll get closer to understanding that. But right now, it's my *trigger warning* """"opinion"""" that scum has to be bad on D1 to get lynched.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Shoshin »

It's the other way around, Vorkuta. Town has to be bad for scum to survive D1.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1456, Shoshin wrote:Enigma, why is Vedith town? You need to help me with that.
I can't explain it in detail at the moment, I'll get to it in time. Probably with my readslist.

I think it was yellow that asked if I still thought creature was scum, somewhat. He's still one of the better lynches today and creature/ddl is my shortlist.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

So I know my alignment. and I know rc should be generally pretty good at hunting for scum. So the fact that hes so wrong on my slot means hes more likely scum pushing for a mislynch :shifty:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm

In post 1463, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1462, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I'm going to be heartbroken if you're scum this game.
I would have been heartbroken if I had rolled scum this game.
So I know my alignment. and I know rc should be generally pretty good at hunting for scum. So the fact that hes so wrong on my slot means hes more likely scum pushing for a mislynch :shifty:
Spicy. What about Morality? What's your read on them?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1468, DrDolittle wrote:So I know my alignment. and I know rc should be generally pretty good at hunting for scum. So the fact that hes so wrong on my slot means hes more likely scum pushing for a mislynch :shifty:
Don't try and get on my good side after I just called you scum lol.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

I'm shifting him back to null. I liked some of his posts 10 pages ago before I went offline
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 1470, RCEnigma wrote:Don't try and get on my good side after I just called you scum lol.
What good side? What I miss
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Ftr I was just about to say that I wasn't sure I wanted to actually lynch you anymore.

VOTE: Tarkus

Maybe this?

I'm having trouble pinning down the non-Morality scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:21 pm

I gotta be really careful here because I think flipping town D1 could domino effect to my reads being ignored and town losing.

Shoshin, CoA, everyone else, what are your reads on all of {Vedith, Morality, Yellowsnow, DDL, Tarkus}

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”