Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1921, Chara wrote:you don't think skitter downplays the strength of her reads this game and suggests you don't sheep her as scum?
to do otherwise would be inconsistent with her play this game. why don't you think scum her would?
tbf i do think those are things i might/could do as scum
i don't think i'd have been hanging around in real-time to say it tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1925, Ankamius wrote:I don't like 1923

Ugh I'm really not sure now
do tell
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1922, Chara wrote:i'd vote Brigitte if there really isn't anything else but i'm not happy about it. and i want to talk to Elbirn and see his thoughts because his slot is another that could be scum.
we're not going to get anything from him today
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1927, skitter30 wrote:

do tell
I thought the case itself was town but not necessarily compelling, and the way you approached that post gave a pretty strong impression to me that you were looking to discredit it rather than debate it

Like I hadn't seen your tone drastically shift away from what you're saying so far this game, but it definitely is there
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

It is with that post*
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1923, skitter30 wrote:b) dinging me for doing the same thing i did in prey is ... quite odd tbh, and i'm having some trouble wrapping my head around why you think that's odd/of-note.
because it lead to a bad outcome in Prey. that you're just sheeping again without seeming to consider that is strange to me. and that you find it weird i picked up on it is even stranger.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1923, skitter30 wrote:c) i think that referring to me incorporating the currently nightless aspect of the game into my reads 'tmi' is ridiculous and borderline shading given that it's something that's in the mod's like third post of the game. of *course* that's going to influence how i approach the game, *especially* after jingle's game.
being paranoid of me for townreading you while you were being your town self is
ridiculous
and i know it'll influence you, i brought it up as a concern to talk about it, and this is the second time you've dislike me simply
having
a thought. the first was u2.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1924, Xtoxm wrote:we have zero information, how can anyone has strong reads at this point
those things arent inconsistent with town
...i never said having reads that aren't strong is inconsistent with town?
i said that skitter's scumreads haven't been that strong all game, so saying anything otherwise to you wouldn't make sense for scum her to begin with.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1929, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1927, skitter30 wrote:

do tell
I thought the case itself was town but not necessarily compelling, and the way you approached that post gave a pretty strong impression to me that you were looking to discredit it rather than debate it

Like I hadn't seen your tone drastically shift away from what you're saying so far this game, but it definitely is there
i feel like someone actually, like, scumreading me (and it getting some amount of support!) at this stage makes the game more ... idk the right word ... compelling maybe in that it doesn't happen that often and i feel like i actually have something immediate to argue about and like invest in if that makes sense, especially when i had been feeling liek the dayphase was starting to drag

like i don't get scumread that often and it is kinda fun and/or challenging to try outargue whatever it is; i also get kinda cocky in that i do think i can outargue most things thrown at me, and someone scumreading me when i dont' think they should be kinda gives me sometihng immediate and interesting to argue about and get invested in

yeah idk how well i explained that. i do agree that i approached that a bit differently emotionally that i did most of the rest of the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1931, Chara wrote:
In post 1923, skitter30 wrote:b) dinging me for doing the same thing i did in prey is ... quite odd tbh, and i'm having some trouble wrapping my head around why you think that's odd/of-note.
because it lead to a bad outcome in Prey. that you're just sheeping again without seeming to consider that is strange to me. and that you find it weird i picked up on it is even stranger.
i mean, yeah, you were wrong but the outcome was ultimately that we lynched implosion? it wasn't a bad outcome
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by Ankamius »

But... If you were getting more invested because of that argument, then why did it feel like you were specifically trying to shut it down at the source? You didn't sound excited, you sounded insecure.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1932, Chara wrote:
In post 1923, skitter30 wrote:c) i think that referring to me incorporating the currently nightless aspect of the game into my reads 'tmi' is ridiculous and borderline shading given that it's something that's in the mod's like third post of the game. of *course* that's going to influence how i approach the game, *especially* after jingle's game.
being paranoid of me for townreading you while you were being your town self is
ridiculous
and i know it'll influence you, i brought it up as a concern to talk about it,
and this is the second time you've dislike me simply
having
a thought.
the first was u2.
i mean that's how the game works ...?
like people judge each other for their thoughts; when yours don't seem townie to me i'm going to object

i honestly dont' remember rn what you said about u2; it's been like a bajillion pages since that happened
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't know how confident i am in this scumread or if it's a bad idea.

i got this idea in my head that skitter is both a holistic and logical player, but i can't figure out where her head's at anymore. she can't lack this much self-awareness, can she? she's stated she's waiting for a townread on me to click like it did last time, to see if it will, and couldn't explain why.
but that thought process and what i know of skitter doesn't fit with her reaction to my change in read on her at all. it was certainly prompted by her posting. and when i did post those things i was thinking that town skitter would think about my motivation in doing so. because when i did do i wondered, if i was wrong i'm just going to make my already bad position an even worse one. skitter is very townread.

and if i was wrong, i would expect town skitter to wonder why scum Chara would do that on purpose. the only reason would really be to protect Brigitte, the inevitable lynch. but skitter isn't taking the wagon on Brigitte into account, nor is she looking at the scum motivation of my case.

so yeah. i don't know what to do about it but i don't townread her. her initial reply did make sense but it doesn't change the bad feeling i get. and i really do hate this if she's town.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1937, skitter30 wrote:i mean that's how the game works ...?
like people judge each other for their thoughts; when yours don't seem townie to me i'm going to object
objecting is different from shutting me down. a lot of players do that but i didn't expect it from you, really. saying that bringing up the nightless thing is borderline shade, really?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1935, skitter30 wrote:i mean, yeah, you were wrong but the outcome was ultimately that we lynched implosion? it wasn't a bad outcome
and then lost the game to scum Varsoon after i was nightkilled, and then you were nightkilled.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1936, Ankamius wrote:But... If you were getting more invested because of that argument, then why did it feel like you were specifically trying to shut it down at the source? You didn't sound excited, you sounded insecure.
idk
i didn't feel insecure, i felt like i had something to argue about
i don't really feel like i was trying to shut it down at the source. maybe i came on kinda strong but i dont think that's at all the ame thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Chara »

skitter, your first two points are both "why are you scumreading me for this when i've done it before", and the fact that we've gone through it before is exactly why. i've gone through being paranoid of you before. you were town both times. i changed my approach to you accordingly.
you found this change scummy for some reason, but paranoia is paranoia so whatever.

i said i didn't like your sheeping, and you brought up our recent towngame as your defense of having done so before. except that time didn't work out, meaning we lost the game to the scum i convinced you to stop pushing. it just felt like you were justifying your actions with your own meta, but it didn't feel real because you supplemented what i consider a good explanation (lack of confidence in your scumreads) with one that felt more like an excuse.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1928, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1922, Chara wrote:i'd vote Brigitte if there really isn't anything else but i'm not happy about it. and i want to talk to Elbirn and see his thoughts because his slot is another that could be scum.
we're not going to get anything from him today
why? he made a vote on me and i want to poke at it. we have three days, i get that you want day to end but i don't get why you think Elbirn plans to drop off the face of the earth.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1938, Chara wrote:i don't know how confident i am in this scumread or if it's a bad idea.

i got this idea in my head that skitter is both a holistic and logical player, but i can't figure out where her head's at anymore. she can't lack this much self-awareness, can she? she's stated she's waiting for a townread on me to click like it did last time, to see if it will, and couldn't explain why.
but that thought process and what i know of skitter doesn't fit with her reaction to my change in read on her at all. it was certainly prompted by her posting. and when i did post those things i was thinking that town skitter would think about my motivation in doing so. because when i did do i wondered, if i was wrong i'm just going to make my already bad position an even worse one. skitter is very townread.

and if i was wrong, i would expect town skitter to wonder why scum Chara would do that on purpose. the only reason would really be to protect Brigitte, the inevitable lynch. but skitter isn't taking the wagon on Brigitte into account, nor is she looking at the scum motivation of my case.

so yeah. i don't know what to do about it but i don't townread her. her initial reply did make sense but it doesn't change the bad feeling i get. and i really do hate this if she's town.
i mean, i am still waiting to see if that townread will kinda happen

i *am* wondering if you're trying to protect brigitte actually (your unvote happened just after brigitte got to l-1, and it definitely cooled off the momentum of the wagon)

i've been kinda on your case all game about being paranoid of you so i was kinda wondering if you'd just decided to drop it and try to another tactic. *but*, i do agree that if you're scum this is fairly bad timing for this sort of push tho (unless you are indeed exactly scum with brigitte), and i am taking that into account; it's part of the reason why i'm not actually like voting you rn because you're right, there isn't motivation for you to do this *rn*, in that gamestate, if you're scum.

like i don't like your read on me but i'm not sure it's actually scum-indicative unless youa ctually are scum with brigitte but given that i, like, don't know if brigitte is scum scumreading you for pushing a wagon off of her before a flip happens seems kinda silly and premature

i am kinda wondering if i got into a tunneling thing fueled by paranoia, which is another reason why i'm not actually interested voting you
i do kinda think that this is the sort of read that gets better with time and/or more interactions
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Chara »

and for anyone who does care (because screw it, Ankamius likes talking about her own meta and i at least trust her here) i'm so far out of my scumrange right now i'm in space.

pedit: you noting this now doesn't help me, because you didn't bring it up until i did. your responses before didn't mention Brigitte nor my lack of scum motivation in doing this. some of that might be my fault in jumping the gun. i don't know.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Chara »

if Brigitte does flip scum then skitter is really obviously not scum with her. but i probably don't need to say that. i also don't find tris/skitter partners very likely.
Brigitte
Brigitte
Goon
Brigitte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Brigitte »

I mean I am pretty obviously not scum with a lot of players here lol
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Chara »

what are you thinking, Brigitte?
Brigitte
Brigitte
Goon
Brigitte
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Brigitte »

At this point apathy is going to push my wagon to the finish line. I can foresee the future.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”