Newbie 1920: North America [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 120, teacher wrote:
In post 119, scum reading wrote:
In post 115, teacher wrote:
In post 93, scum reading wrote:ASC, Persi, Zeito these are my town reads at the moment
Im with you on ASC. But what about Persi is town? His lurk/prod especially from an SE, plus quoted above, are giving me a scum tingle. He seems to agree with the same Wazoo post I agreed with -- calling it NSS -- but then questions the town read based on it? Who wants to prevent town from recognizing town......
Idk what NSS is, can you explain? I’ll explain why I think Persivul’s town afterwards
No
surprise
Sherlock, at least by my google of it.
Although Persivul isn’t that active, his posts aren’t filled with chit chatting and stuff, he’s serious about the game and tries to scumhunt when able to. Besides, he took the vote off of you, although he could’ve built a wagon because of my case and his. He’s voted 3 persons for information and reactions, he’s not trying to hop on wagons, when ASC’s wagon built up, he switched his vote, that is townie, he could’ve made a whole case against you or anyone here and tunnel them.

At this point, I believe the scum-team is formed of 1 inactive player (Seka is the most sus for this slot) and then the other would be a somewhat active player. I got my information on teacher, so now I invite everyone to push a Seka wagon, maybe this time it works.

VOTE: Sekaedy

And now we play the waiting game, boring
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Zeito »

Persivul seems to have some decent reading following his lynch which makes me inclined to believe he’s scumhunting even though he gave this reasoning later. I hadn’t realised Sekaedy voted me for... forced wording? “position myself wherever I see necessary” vs whatever exactly Sekaedy said... I initially thought he was voting me purely for RVS, or possibly a gutread. Posting on forums makes me feel like I’m writing a letter, so I wouldn’t be surprised if my wording came off a little stiff. Reading into that and using it as reasoning for a lynch without being explicit that’s the reason you’re lynching it is beyond me, though. teacher giving a townread for this is also strange - I would at least expect them to be reading, and wouldn’t townread someone for it. I would like to hear from Sekaedy himself though, rather than teacher’s commentary on it.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Zeito »

also my profile picture is pope rat, so if i didn’t use equally fancy wording to accompany that i wouldn’t be playing my part well
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:20 am

Post by scum reading »

Actually, you know what, after giving it some thought, I realised that a teacher lynch right now is better, I don’t want sekaedy lynched just yet, they’ll give thoughts and if they flaked, let them be replaced. Another reason for voting teacher back I’ll give later, I want to see some more conversations before I present my thoughts

VOTE: teacher
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:44 am

Post by teacher »

In other words you’re just making it up. You made a case in 90. My 112 showed you were wrong - sekaedy did exactly what I described. You didn’t even have the courtesy to respond to that. So no, out the case now - I’m offline in 30 for a seven hour flight so want to be able to think about this “case”
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:55 am

Post by scum reading »

Making what up? My case? I don’t have what to respond to, in your post you divided it into two parts and put them with “1.” And “2.”

In your “1.” You agreed with me on you potentially not being town
In your “2.” You kept defending your statement that I pointed out as anti-town for you trying to make a town read based on nothing

So what do I have to respond to? You have no defence for now.

How did your 112 show me I am wrong if you agreed with me?

If this is town, it’s the scummiest by far.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:01 am

Post by teacher »

In post 112, teacher wrote:
In post 90, scum reading wrote:
In post 87, teacher wrote:I took sekaedys wording as a positive sign of paying attention to and mocking zeitos wording in their own vote, fwiw. (And yes I jumped in to answer but I wanted to redirect the attention.)
How’d you even reach this conclusion? There are 4 posts on sekadye and in neither of them is there an indication that points towards what you are saying. He legit answered your post and then voted Zeito, how does that result in paying attention to and mocking zeito’s wording in their own vote? ... snip...
Look at the timing and the wording:
In post 38, Zeito wrote:sharing reads and
positioning myself as I feel necessary
In post 41, Sekaedy wrote:And also I feel it is
necessary to position
my vote on VOTE: Zeito.
As I stated, I kinda liked Sekaedy's imitation of Zeito's wording, which did seem off to me as well. The fact that it mirrored it so soon after made me feel Sekaedy was reading and paying attention. Its not a full townread, but the motives for that wording are +town.
These aren’t numbered. You said sekaedy didn’t imitate Zeitos wording. What do you think now, with the language in front of you?

And what is your current case since this one was flat wrong.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 am

Post by scum reading »

I don’t like you townreading people based on wording, I didn’t even give that post too much attention since it was rvs. You town read people based on single posts, just like you did with wazoo. Your reads smell funny, you’re getting too defensive, which is what I wanted.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:25 am

Post by teacher »

Fair enough on defensive. It’s true, and it’s my style when I don’t get a case on me. I’ve never been mislynched outside of lylo and I don’t plan on starting now.

Ok, you don’t like reading on wording. Are you advocating a policy lynch of all approaches different from yours? I do read people based on wording - only way you can since it’s forum mafia, wording and intentions - and I have an over 70% victory rate. You do it a different way, fair enough, but why do you think mine doesn’t work?

Also, You say you didn’t give the post too much attention but then I called it out - both in the mobile post you didn’t like, and explicitly with a quote. You ignored it both times.

What about m reads “smells funny”? Right now you’re just trading in generalities. The one specific point you’ve made was shown to be wrong. I grant you the generality of defensiveness, but explain to me this “smells funny”.

I still think your town but you’re trying as hard as you can to make me question your abilities.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:47 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 87, teacher wrote:I took sekaedys wording as a positive sign of paying attention to and mocking zeitos wording in their own vote, fwiw. (And yes I jumped in to answer but I wanted to redirect the attention.)
Paying attention = town?
Mocking someone = town?

You sure know how to defend yourself, but I don’t see how this is town for a single post. Unless you are scum and you know who’s town, so you hop on at any point to defend someone that is “defenceless” like him at that given time.

I just have bad vibes on you, that’s it, you can have bad vibes on me if you like
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:47 am

Post by scum reading »

Persivul, why’d you let teacher off the hook so fast?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 45, teacher wrote:
In post 33, GrandWazoo wrote:Yeah I'm not seeing a scum agenda here from ASC other than lamist-y posting, not unusual from newbie. Better hope he's scum, or that the 2 awol players aren't.
first in-game town read awarded.
This looks like a town read based on a single post.

Where did you show this to be wrong?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:12 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 136, Persivul wrote:
In post 33, GrandWazoo wrote:Yeah I'm not seeing a scum agenda here from ASC other than lamist-y posting, not unusual from newbie. Better hope he's scum, or that the 2 awol players aren't.

Was this towards me? If so, I don't get what you mean.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 133, teacher wrote:The one specific point you’ve made was shown to be wrong.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:34 am

Post by scum reading »

Skelleden, I take it you're a rather analytical person, thoughts on my interaction with teacher? Do you support my read on him? I'd like to get ASC and Zeito on this as well.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 am

Post by northsidegal »

Searching for a replacement for Sekaedy.

Also prodding TheASC.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 128, scum reading wrote:Actually, you know what, after giving it some thought, I realised that a teacher lynch right now is better, I don’t want sekaedy lynched just yet, they’ll give thoughts and if they flaked, let them be replaced. Another reason for voting teacher back I’ll give later, I want to see some more conversations before I present my thoughts

This wagon-hopping is making me dizzy. Give your reason now plz.

I don't know which is sillier, teacher giving me town points for my Sherlock post, or the wagon that ensued from it.

@Persi: you said you'd vote me or teacher, but your vote is on Sekaedy who's being replaced. Is that still the scummiest slot in the game?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by teacher »

Scum, I have no interest in continuing this if you aren’t going to answer my questions:

What specifically about my readslist smells fishy?
Do you now agree that your statement in 90 was wrong, and that sekaedy’s 41 did in fact mirror zeitos wording in 38?

I have no problem with you suspecting me, nor with your having different reads. I do have a problem with you ignoring the questions.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 141, GrandWazoo wrote:
In post 128, scum reading wrote:Actually, you know what, after giving it some thought, I realised that a teacher lynch right now is better, I don’t want sekaedy lynched just yet, they’ll give thoughts and if they flaked, let them be replaced. Another reason for voting teacher back I’ll give later, I want to see some more conversations before I present my thoughts

This wagon-hopping is making me dizzy. Give your reason now plz.

I don't know which is sillier, teacher giving me town points for my Sherlock post, or the wagon that ensued from it.

@Persi: you said you'd vote me or teacher, but your vote is on Sekaedy who's being replaced. Is that still the scummiest slot in the game?
I didn’t know if I should mention it or not because this reason is influenced on Teacher’s alignment, but as you pointed out, I thought he let teacher off the hook way too easy and then when I told him why he did that, he proceeded to ask teacher some more questions once again, so I thought a potential scum team would be formed of persi and teacher.

But, again, his reads feel forced, I don’t know how to word them. It’s so unnatural, I’ve never seen a town read based on someone mocking and playing with someone’s words, have you?
Plus, I feel like he’s confidently adding people to his towncircle that didn’t prove themselves with anything yet.

@Wazoo are you going to move your rvs vote or are you comfortable with it being on chennis?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 142, teacher wrote:Scum, I have no interest in continuing this if you aren’t going to answer my questions:

Do you now agree that your statement in 90 was wrong, and that sekaedy’s 41 did in fact mirror zeitos wording in 38?

I have no problem with you suspecting me, nor with your having different reads. I do have a problem with you ignoring the questions.
I told you, you’re just giving town reads based on single posts, like wazoo’s post or sekaedy’s post. I’ve already addressed this though, my case revolved around your first question lol

Even if I’m wrong, that doesn’t still refute my case on you, which was “who gives town reads based on somebody’s choice of words in a rvs vote” , so you still have no defence in my eyes.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 136, Persivul wrote:

i didn’t show it be wrong. I agree with that. I view 90% of posts in a game a NAI. Most of my reads come out of 1-4 posts in an ISO.

What you’re missing is the sequence. scum’s first case on me was in , such that he even linked back to it in . I showed that case was wrong in . My shown wrong comment was then in 129 and 131 “proved wrong” comment then came before scum reading changed his argument to “single post reading” in 132. That is something I readily admit to.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by scum reading »

In post 142, teacher wrote:Scum, I have no interest in continuing this if you aren’t going to answer my questions:

By the way, persi asked you a question that you haven’t answered either
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 144, scum reading wrote:

I told you, you’re just giving town reads based on single posts, like wazoo’s post or sekaedy’s post. I’ve already addressed this though, my case revolved around your first question lol

Even if I’m wrong, that doesn’t still refute my case on you, which was “who gives town reads based on somebody’s choice of words in a rvs vote” , so you still have no defence in my eyes.
I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I read off of single posts. You don’t. Ok. But “fishy” suggests it’s manipulated for ulterior motives.

Different reads does not mean different alignments. We clearly have different reads, but I think we have the same alignment. The key is to try to understand the other persons head - why they think the way they do, and whether it shows a consistent thought process and approach to the game.

Knowing what you know about my process, do you think somebody applying it would have different reads than I posted?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 146, scum reading wrote:

By the way, persi asked you a question that you haven’t answered either
i think I just did, before this? And it should have come up as a pedit so I’m not sure why you posted?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by scum reading »

Yeah, idk what happened, must’ve missed it. I don’t have the energy to have a debate on why your reads don’t benefit town, I’ll just leave you be.

VOTE: Wazoo

You’re still in rvs.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”