Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

I'm lynching Pvt right now but I'm willing to summon those monsters if you teach me the spelll
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

just get your hands on the card and pay 1 life point
GTKAS
| here.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 pm

I'll make you guys a deal. Wagon Pvt or Vedith with me for a little bit (I really prefer Vedith, but I don't particularly care either way) and I'll start town spewing so you can put me as town in your reads lists.
Alisae wrote:just get your hands on the card and pay 1 life point
How do I get the card, though?
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

thats a good question dude
fuck if I know
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

You could also go for this card
GTKAS
| here.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 pm

If you help me lynch Vedith I'll even go so far as to tell you that I am town, and thus confirm your creeping suspicions.
Alisae wrote:thats a good question dude
fuck if I know
Thanks! :D I pride myself on asking good questions!
Alisae wrote:You could also go for this card
Hm. I don't want to negate anyone's turn, though, I want people to take their turn so that they can pit their vote on Vedith.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:59 pm

I like you, Alisae. I don't want to have to be disappointed in you.
"@EE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Jingle »

PVT scumread: fluffposting, no content. Feels like he's trying hard to avoid stepping on toes. Notable posts: 47 402 462 467

EE Scumread: Cares a lot about self image. Does a lot, says a lot, wants to be in the spotlight, but I still can't remember anything that actually feels like he's accomplished something. Universal townready feel, but there's absolutely nothing in his ISO that looks unfakeable, nor do I see an attempt to push forward into anything real. Basically, he has his fingers in all the pies, but I don't think he's actually baking.

Vedith: Posts like these:
In post 348, Vedith wrote:I don't think I want Shoshin lynched day1
In post 510, Vedith wrote:So I pick a vote out if vanity and just let Shoshin get lynched for bad reasoning?
Additionally, I can grok his trajectory. There's a clear intention to his posts, and that intention is to figure out motivations. He's been proactive, a lot of what he says matches what I think, and he's got a townish air of "I'm going to try to gamesolve" while not seeming to give a shit that his stances aren't getting him towncred.

Alisae: Given Ali's experience with me this:
In post 681, Alisae wrote:even more reason to lynch the slot tbh
In post 704, Alisae wrote:
In post 682, Jingle wrote:ouch. That hurts, ali.
always scum dude <3
is >rand town.

Additionally, antagonistic and aggressive stance indicates an openness and willingness that strengthens that read.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 796, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:not invested, not engaged, spewing fake words and taking fake stances, making lies, trying to look town without having a spine
Examples?
This is a Parachute.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Lol nothing in the two posts you picked were anything but weak stances scum would take to get tiny bits of town cred. He didn't take a solid stance. He didn't come out and oppose that stuff directly. He just said I disagree with this and moved on with his life. There's nothing town about that.

Also wasn't sure before but your reason for your scum read on me is bad, lol, considering you think vedith is town. Any other person sure, but the fact that you're town reading before for posting stuff that could easy go both ways and looks like cheap attempts at town cred, whereas you scum read me for not going for easy town cred... it's almost like reverse lynch bait.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 pm

You gotta at least try to apply some thought, there, dude.
"@EE
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

T-Thats not gonna make me townread you
B-Baka
GTKAS
| here.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:11 pm

In post 809, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Also wasn't sure before but your reason for your scum read on me is bad, lol, considering you think vedith is town. Any other person sure, but the fact that you're town reading vedith for for posting stuff that could easy go both ways and looks like cheap attempts at town cred, whereas you scum read me for not going for easy town cred... it's almost like reverse lynch bait.
Ebwop
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Every time I try to comprehend the fact that Jingle town reads before for the same reason he scum reads me, my brain starts feeling nauseous.
"@EE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

Post 1 isn't a stance you'd take for towncred. He's not townreading Shoshin there, just saying that she's potentially useful as town and thus not a good lynch. That buys goodwill from no one if Shoshin flips scum and no one if shoshin flips town.

Post 2 is going against the flow of the thread, again in a way not likely to get towncred. What does scum Vedith gain from that post?

Both posts, on the other hand, are definitely possible from a town mindset. Not being sure about a player's alignment but wanting to keep them around because they're goodtown is a consumately townie thing to do.

And yeah, there's definitely value to townreading people for saying things and making stances that don't look like they're there to get towncred, just like there's value to scumreading people who look like they're taking stances solely for the sake of towncred.

But seriously, show me examples of the lies, the fake stances, the fake words, the lack of engagement, and the spineless lamistness. Show me the lack of engagement. I wanna see the colors of the wind, but you gotta lead me there Pocahontas.
This is a Parachute.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:15 pm

I swear I'm going to find the person that coded auto correct and put their face into one of those meat slicers at the deli. Slunk, slunk, slunk, and then I will make a sandwich of that meat and feed it to their children.

Vedith auto-corrects to before, by the way
"@EE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 811, Alisae wrote:T-Thats not gonna make me townread you
B-Baka
Cool beans. Being townread is boring. I work way better when I don't get nk'd in the first couple of dayphases.
This is a Parachute.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

D-Dammit T_T
GTKAS
| here.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:24 pm

In post 814, Jingle wrote:Post 1 isn't a stance you'd take for towncred. He's not townreading Shoshin there, just saying that she's potentially useful as town and thus not a good lynch. That buys goodwill from no one if Shoshin flips scum and no one if shoshin flips town.

Post 2 is going against the flow of the thread, again in a way not likely to get towncred. What does scum Vedith gain from that post?

Both posts, on the other hand, are definitely possible from a town mindset. Not being sure about a player's alignment but wanting to keep them around because they're goodtown is a consumately townie thing to do.

And yeah, there's definitely value to townreading people for saying things and making stances that don't look like they're there to get towncred, just like there's value to scumreading people who look like they're taking stances solely for the sake of towncred.

But seriously, show me examples of the lies, the fake stances, the fake words, the lack of engagement, and the spineless lamistness. Show me the lack of engagement. I wanna see the colors of the wind, but you gotta lead me there Pocahontas.
Post 1 is a stance I'd take for town cred. I don't want to fully town read her unless the push on her becomes nice and easy later, but I want to look like I'm trying to offer my opinion and work with town. Also keeping someone around because you think they're strong town and not because you know what their alignment is shows a lack of reading and applying thought.

Post 2 is against the grain and everyone thinks oh wow someone going against the grain that guy must be town. hrs not saying why he thinks she's town, he's saying why he think the other persons argument that she is scum is bad. This leaves him an opening to still push her as scum without contradicting himself if the opportunity arises.

Also see the post I quoted earlier. His fake 1v1 with DT: "oh let's get a little emotional and then make it look like we're both town. I'll give him town points by calling this TvT without actually town reading him and also look like the better player because I have control of my emotions" even though you could tell he wasn't invested at all the whole time
"@EE
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 807, Jingle wrote:PVT scumread: fluffposting, no content. Feels like he's trying hard to avoid stepping on toes. Notable posts: 47 402 462 467

EE Scumread: Cares a lot about self image. Does a lot, says a lot, wants to be in the spotlight, but I still can't remember anything that actually feels like he's accomplished something. Universal townready feel, but there's absolutely nothing in his ISO that looks unfakeable, nor do I see an attempt to push forward into anything real. Basically, he has his fingers in all the pies, but I don't think he's actually baking.

Vedith: Posts like these:
In post 348, Vedith wrote:I don't think I want Shoshin lynched day1
In post 510, Vedith wrote:So I pick a vote out if vanity and just let Shoshin get lynched for bad reasoning?
Additionally, I can grok his trajectory. There's a clear intention to his posts, and that intention is to figure out motivations. He's been proactive, a lot of what he says matches what I think, and he's got a townish air of "I'm going to try to gamesolve" while not seeming to give a shit that his stances aren't getting him towncred.

Alisae: Given Ali's experience with me this:
In post 681, Alisae wrote:even more reason to lynch the slot tbh
In post 704, Alisae wrote:
In post 682, Jingle wrote:ouch. That hurts, ali.
always scum dude <3
is >rand town.

Additionally, antagonistic and aggressive stance indicates an openness and willingness that strengthens that read.
i dont get the post examples you brought

also why only bring it for your town reads?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

uh dude
the only person he didn't post examples of posts is EE, and there he's refering to EE's body of work.
GTKAS
| here.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:30 pm

In post 61, Vedith wrote:Hello everyone \o/

@NSG can you prod DDL please?
Look I'm town I'm paying attention to who needs to be prodded and stuff
In post 147, Vedith wrote:FA please confirm to everyone that I'm town here!
Kinda silly but people inherently don't like to lie. He doesn't say I'm town, he says "someone else tell them I'm town" cuz he doesn't have to lie. I do this as scum.
In post 526, Vedith wrote:
In post 523, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:No. This isn't true and if you don't believe me I think I can probably find examples. Usually AtE is NAI but there are plenty of times where you can look at it at think "wow, that emotion doesn't make sense as town, that's definitely a fake anger to try and make the other person back off "
I can show you examples where Scum and town have both given AtE. I've been frustrated and annoyed as scum the same as town.
Too many players use AtE as an acceptable reason to read players on here and I find that tragic.
Being right on an AtE doesn't mean it's not NAI. Its basically the same as saying x amount of names at the start of the game and if right at the end going "Yeah this is a thing".

I'm not wrong here.
This is NAI but I want to bring it up again because he's dumb here. This argument is just dumb. He's saying that because both scum and town use AtE, AtE is NAI. It baffles me how someone can manage to make terrible leaps up and down the logic tree like this.

Ducks and Humans both have feet. If it has feet, I can't tell what it is. It doesn't matter if you tell me what type of feet they have, webbed feet are still feet, so I can't tell if it's human or duck still.
"@EE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 818, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Also keeping someone around because you think they're strong town and not because you know what their alignment is shows a lack of reading and applying thought.
Narp. There's lotsa people I'd never lynch D1. For example, the mod, RC, Elli, skitter, ETL....

Some people are more useful than others. If a player is very useful as town, I'm liable to leave them around a few days for two reasons: A. They're likely to eat a nightkill if they're town. B. If I'm wrong about them having more of their thoughts is better than having less of their thoughts.
This is a Parachute.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Ugh every time I read Vediths ISO I have to come across that string of posts again. I think he was maybe misunderstanding what I was saying, in that sometimes you can tell that someone is strangely overreacting to something they definitely shouldn't in order to manipulate another player away from a lynch, and he thought I was saying that all AtE was alignment indicative, but it still makes me feel all woozy to try to wrap my brain around it.
"@EE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

:thorface:

Your scumcase boils down to:

1. He asked that someone be prodded <48 hours into the game. Apparently because he wanted to be seen as proactive.
2. He asked someone to say he was town.
3. Something you say is NAI.

On a scale from 1 to Even, I just can't.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”