Newbie 1920: North America [Endgame]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:01 am

Post by scum reading »

You tunneling me is clouding your judgement and you’re taking things out of context.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Zeito »

This is some typa confidence I really have only seen from a select few players before lol.
URAP + TheASC was a scumteam I saw from catching up on this - URAP has scumread ASC but pushed the other lynch hard as hell, seemingly hoping to keep him alive for another, get him lynched the next day, bus for towncred, and win in the next lylo. It seems like a decent scum strategy. URAP subbed in and immediately called ASC scum, got the other person lynched. They then made a new partner for TheASC... and has tried to lynch the other person.
It's needless to say I think the lynches today should be between chennis, ASC, SR, URAP. I'm still not completely sure on Persivul, but they aren't the lynch for today.

From reading URAPs iso, I couldn't come up with much. My pmeta is pretty lacking. He seemed happier to townread people as town, I think, and launched into this game with a similar tone to his scum game, at least in my opinion.

Honestly at this point I think we have enough people scumreading TheASC for them to be a viable candidate. @URAP, @Skellen, @SR, lmk how you feel about this. If TheASC were to flip scum I think his most likely partner would be URAP.

chennisden is a viable option for a lynch, I guess. I don't really agree with the chennis / URAP scumteam. chennis seemed to lead a scumread on URAP being pretty uncertain on them and having reasoning to do so. I also don't think SR + chennis is a thing (in case anyone thought it was).
Some of the things chennis has done has come off as sort of scummy to me:
In post 628, chennisden wrote:
In post 587, scum reading wrote:Town block : ASC, Skellen, Zeito, persivul, scum reading

Don’t you dare go at each others necks after I get nked , you have my reads
Why do you assume you will be NKed?

Teacher was a "town leader" (which might've gotten him NKed)

Wouldn't better kill options be {URAP, Zeito} (assuming they're both town}?
This reads to me almost as if those two are exactly what they discussed during the night.

Personally however I would prefer the lynches to be between SR and URAP. The gladiator fight!
SR's recent posts read like me doing everything in my power to sway town when I'm about to be lynched as scum. Honestly, both URAP and SR come off scummy in various ways to me. But it does seem in his tone like he's ready to congratulate himself when (hypothetically) chennis flips scum. His overconfidence is tricky to read in various ways.

I want to hear people's thoughts on an ASC vote today before placing my vote on either URAP or SR.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:12 am

Post by insomnia »

Jeez, you guys, I hate this game.
URAP + TheASC was a scumteam I saw from catching up on this - URAP has scumread ASC but pushed the other lynch hard as hell, seemingly hoping to keep him alive for another, get him lynched the next day, bus for towncred, and win in the next lylo
I’ll refute this scum team fast as fuck. If they were a scum team, they’d both be on chennisden. Instead, urap is being a crybaby and a heavy tunneler which makes me think he’s a really bad scum or just a bad town with a lot of confidence. There’s no possibility of this scum team being a scum team.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:13 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 823, scum reading wrote:What do you even achieve by calling my confidence bullshit? I don’t get it. Honestly. Are you hoping it is somehow going to be misinterpreted as a solid accusation or something? I have a lot of confidence that chennisden is scum BECAUSE of my case on him. If he flips town then I don’t mind losing because he didn’t help town at all. Not even going to be mad.

You’re calling my case trash when you didn’t even talk about it or try to refute it. Skellen said it’s a solid case, you’re just...slow and tunnely. You might wanna back off for defending chennis, otherwise you might be seen as his buddy after his flip ;)

You’re trying to defend him because he can’t. I don’t know whether you’re capable of understanding what position that puts you in, but you should let him defend himself. He’s a human as well and has a brain. Stop taking his side and remain neutral. I have a solid case, he has non-sensical posts. Pick your side carefully.

It's important because 1) it's clearly fake, and 2) you didn't display it nearly to this degree in your town game.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 824, scum reading wrote:
In post 822, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 819, scum reading wrote:You’ll sheep me after chennis flips scum
so you're saying you think im town, interesting
Um, no? How did you reach that conclusion?
it just doesn't track that you would expect your scum read to sheep you after a flip
103-11 0-2
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 am

Post by scum reading »

I’ll post again for ISO stuff

Jeez, you guys, I hate this game.
URAP + TheASC was a scumteam I saw from catching up on this - URAP has scumread ASC but pushed the other lynch hard as hell, seemingly hoping to keep him alive for another, get him lynched the next day, bus for towncred, and win in the next lylo

I’ll refute this scum team fast as fuck. If they were a scum team, they’d both be on chennisden. Instead, urap is being a crybaby and a heavy tunneler which makes me think he’s a really bad scum or just a bad town with a lot of confidence. There’s no possibility of this scum team being a scum team.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:15 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 829, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 824, scum reading wrote:
In post 822, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 819, scum reading wrote:You’ll sheep me after chennis flips scum
so you're saying you think im town, interesting
Um, no? How did you reach that conclusion?
it just doesn't track that you would expect your scum read to sheep you after a flip
I’ve mentioned you are a frustrated town and you’re insane if you were scum and got into a 1v1 with me. Nobody would take that risk as scum, especially in a 2v5. I do believe you’re town, but that post wasn’t saying your alignment.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 am

Post by scum reading »

I don’t want a push on you for that specific reason. No scum would put themselves into a 1v1 situation day 2 with only one mislynch out of three. That’s insane. You’re gonna lose the game if you continue being an annoying cry baby.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 826, Zeito wrote:It seems like a decent scum strategy. URAP subbed in and immediately called ASC scum, got the other person lynched.
i pushed him to L-1 and was going to have ASC lynched, but I was hesitant to immediately push through the doctor claim because, and I can say this now because the game has ended

I just lynched claimed and real doctor, Chenn in our game recently. it's the gators game in my wiki, if interested.

That's also a reason why I keep saying chenn is lynch bait.

I'm absolutely fine with an asc lynch today.
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:21 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 832, scum reading wrote:I don’t want a push on you for that specific reason. No scum would put themselves into a 1v1 situation day 2 with only one mislynch out of three. That’s insane. You’re gonna lose the game if you continue being an annoying cry baby.
stop with the name calling. it's not a good look, and I don't appreciate it.

call my play shit, but stop with the ad homs. I don't come to this site to be insulted.
103-11 0-2
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:26 am

Post by scum reading »

SR's recent posts read like me doing everything in my power to sway town when I'm about to be lynched as scum.

Excuse me, what? Nobody was pushing me at the start of the day. I got pushed as a result of me pushing a chennis - urap scum team read. I was heavily town read at the beginning of the day, so you’re completely wrong on this one.

You saying chennisden looks scummy but you want to push outside of that lynch is scummy af. You didn’t even give a reason, you just said “I’d PREFER” . Between chennisden, who you said is a “VIABLE” lynch, you go for the “PREFER” lynch? Sus
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:28 am

Post by scum reading »

I’m not voting urap today. I’m not moving my vote from chennisden. I find it weird you voted chennisden day one, Zeito, and you still say “chennisden is a viable lynch” but you’re not voting him anymore. Be careful.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:31 am

Post by Zeito »

Sincerely sorry. I'm going to sit in the naughty corner for a bit and then come back and sheep you non-stop.
Zeito
Zeito
Townie
Zeito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Zeito »

And why would you want me to be careful I was scum. Surely you want the opposite from me - reckless abandon?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:32 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 837, Zeito wrote:Sincerely sorry. I'm going to sit in the naughty corner for a bit and then come back and sheep you non-stop.
Agreed
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:34 am

Post by scum reading »

Everyone should sheep me so we get rid of scummy people, regardless of his flip, we’ll have tons of information going into the next day. Info+ getting rid of scum / getting rid of the scummiest looking town benefits town regardless of the situation.
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 837, Zeito wrote:Sincerely sorry. I'm going to sit in the naughty corner for a bit and then come back and sheep you non-stop.
Soo...When are you getting back to sheep my vote?
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 793, u r a person 2 wrote: some of it was bluster because i defend my town reads

and yes there was some on play - thought processes and being active when the game was at a lull iirc - but the thought processes fit in my new understanding of his scum game, and the activity is probably personality indicative

and im not really concerned about building a coherent progression on any of my reads as town, ever. I'm concerned with correctly lynching scum
Let me know if you want something more specific[/quote]

Mh, so basically your reason for originally townreading his play changed because of meta reasons.

Have to say though that I don't like his posts today. They are really forceful and exaggerated, at this point this is quite a tunnel. If we are dealing with scum!SR here, what would be the gain of this tunnel? I take it he would like to push into lylo, but in case of mislynch he wouldn't look well the next day then and is a very likely lynch target.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 798, chennisden wrote:My green flip doesn't exactly clear URAP either.

On the other hand if scum flips red he will clear me/URAP
I don't see urap being scum with anyone else though. You seem to indicate urap/SR in #, which doesn't make much sense considering their forced 1v1 that wouldn't even have been necessary if SvS.
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Skellen »

In post 826, Zeito wrote: URAP + TheASC was a scumteam I saw from catching up on this - URAP has scumread ASC but pushed the other lynch hard as hell, seemingly hoping to keep him alive for another, get him lynched the next day, bus for towncred, and win in the next lylo. It seems like a decent scum strategy. URAP subbed in and immediately called ASC scum, got the other person lynched. They then made a new partner for TheASC... and has tried to lynch the other person.

chennisden is a viable option for a lynch, I guess. I don't really agree with the chennis / URAP scumteam. chennis seemed to lead a scumread on URAP being pretty uncertain on them and having reasoning to do so.
1. I disagree about ASC/urap. urap gave ASC heat right from his first post when he entered the game and regretted to not have lynched through the claim (as I see he even explained it now). Instead of letting the claim to be he continued to push into ASC's direction right at the beginning of Day 2 too and is obviously willing to lynch him if nothing better comes up. I don't know, I would think scum!urap would rather let this whole affair die down than keeping it into town's mind and don't possibly bus his partner when there are other realistic lynch options.

2. About chennis/urap, that's actually the problem. They barked at each other, but ultimately haven't really bitten each other (yes, I know they voted each other shortly). chennis scumread urap and now put urap with SR together as a scumteam, but votes SR together with urap. Both voting together despite their interactions looks weird, mostly from chennis' side.

That said, I am fine with lynching ASC. Would still prefer chennis though as his flip would shed more light on urap and Persivul while in ASC's case the only really meaningful connection is SR.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:57 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

VOTE: asc
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:57 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

let's go then
103-11 0-2
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 845, u r a person 2 wrote:VOTE: asc
Fuck you beat me to it.

VOTE: TheASC
Skellen
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Skellen
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Skellen »

VOTE: TheASC

L-1
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:09 am

Post by scum reading »

Lol, not hammering this wagon that got to L-1 within 3 minutes. Feel free to associate me with ASC if she flips scum, idc

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”