Newbie 561 (Epando City): Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

vollkan wrote: So...after a reread of dahill, the entirety of what you have to say is that you think he is scum? You don't actually present anything other than your grand conclusion.

So, let's try for some more specificity, precisely what about dahill makes you think he is scum?
His latest "heartstring" post, his willingness to base his cases on just about nothing, the way he is undecided, and some more stuff.

don't have too much time on my hand right now, will post more after school.

Oh and naybee, upon reread I saw dahill1 interact with melachior about 4 times. I wouldn't call that too little interaction.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

naybee wrote: Anyway, if that requires a replacement, then please go ahead. If not, in two days I'll be back and kicking.
That was like a week ago....

Come on where are you.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:20 am

Post by dahill1 »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:his willingness to base his cases on just about nothing
Evilgorrilaz wrote:After rereading dahill1, I am inclined to think he is scum.

The only way I see him being town is if he genuinely lost interest in this game and therefore just wants it to end. But of course scum could pull that too......
vote EG
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

I just gave a case?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

*Sigh*

Naybee has not responded to my prod and seems to have disappeared entirely. I am suspending the deadline until I can get a replacement.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Erg0 »

This is the game that never ends,
Yes it goes on and on my friend.
Some people started playing it, not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue playing it forever just because...

And so forth.

I'm really pretty sure that dahill is the play at this point, but in the interests of avoiding kill WIFOM I'd suggest that we wait for the replacement to arrive before lynching him.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 12:53 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Tay19900105 replaces Naybee.
That's a lot of numbers, yah? I'm resetting the
deadline for June 11
for the replacement's sake. I expect this game to be done by then, or else you will ruin my birthday. :(
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Tay19900105
Tay19900105
Townie
Tay19900105
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Tay19900105 »

i'm guessing unless EG self-votes, dahill's dying?
Tay19900105
Tay19900105
Townie
Tay19900105
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Tay19900105 »

vote: dahill
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote Count

3 dahill1 (Erg0, vollkan, Tay19900105)
2 Evilgorrilaz (dahill1)
Not Voting: Evilgorrilaz

And lo, for Moses dropped his weary hands, allowing the sun to set on the land that God forgot. In the light of the setting sun, a body swung. And He declared it to be good.

dahill1, mafia goon, lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. The mafia may communicate privately until daybreak. Everybody else must be quiet. See in the morning!

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

And lo, for the sun peaked over the horizon, and the remaining people of bore witness to the corpse of their slain compatriot. His name was Vollkan, and tremble, for his corpse was in the process of being mauled by a panda. Since Epando City is not an indigenous habitat for Pandas (as stated in post 21), one can only speculate that the mafia released the beast to destroy the town. Unable to do anything about the panda, the town of three resigned themselves to finish off the evil mafia goon who has not been killed.

Vollkan, townie, mauled by a panda (killed by mafia) Night 2.

It is now Day 3. With 3 alive, it will only take 2 votes to lynch.

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Ok, time for re-reads. You guys still here?
V/LA most weekends.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:51 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Yeah.

I'm rereading, about halfway through.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Will post my thoughts in a bit,
where is everyone?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:02 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

*Sigh again*
Tay has not responded to my prod. Looking for a replacement.

This really is the game that never ends...

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Mr_bigglesworth replaces Tay19900105
Last edited by mikeburnfire on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr_bigglesworth
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:23 am

Post by mr_bigglesworth »

OKeedokey. Gimme a bit while I read the thread. Not that I expect the floodgates of posting to open in the meantime.
mr_bigglesworth
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 am

Before I give content, I'm just gonna say this is my first game on this site, though I've done a bunch other places.

So I just quickly read the cop lynch, and before I read more, I'm gonna say that all of Dunihill, Erg0, and EvilGorrillaz (merchias, or whatever) look scummy therein. Before I read the rest, I'm gonna post why, so you can see why my thought process changes\doesn't change. You may then, if you are so bold, critique my thoughts. (Unless you are a tricky, tricky, scumbo).

Probably most of this has been said already. But oh well.

Dunihill: A huge line by line critique that said absolutely jack on the cop (which is a little unfair, as I know he's the cop going in). see 315

Erg0: He does a lot of gentle pushing towards the kabenonn lynch , and does so mainly for "curiousity's sake" see 275, 284 (how do I do quotie-quotes?)

Melchior: This post is complete pointless drivel, and it seems very much to be made in a confusing hard to follow manor. You cite upwards of 20 posts responding to different people and different questions, different problems, with such beauties as "273) Yeppers ". How does it help the town, following your arguments, to see that? give context, so I know what you're talking about! I'm not gonna chase down that many posts, especially, ESPECIALLY before the deadline! WHEN IT DOESN'T TALK ABOUT THE DEFAULT LYNCH ABOUT TO TAKE PLACE!

Preview edit: I see duhill was scum. Yay, I was right! I haven't even read up to the circumstances leading up to his lynch, but it feels good to be vindicated.

So evilgorrilla is top scum for me so far. let me finish the thread before I add more.
mr_bigglesworth
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:24 am

What a sadly apathetic lynch. I'm going to reread probably most of the thread later today, but what I'm going to say is simple: Erg0 placed the first vote on a mafia in LYLO. No scum would ever, ever, EVER!!! do this. And before I even hear WIFM, consider: what does the scum gain by this tactic, and what does a townie gain?

Scum gains distancing, that is, Erg0 looks like a saint for rooting out the scum, and can coast through the next days lynch.
What does scum lose? Ah, the game, that's all. Because no one had voted for dihill (even though it was looking likely), Erg0 could have picked any of the 3 townies, on whatever case, and had the second vote of his scum buddy to boost him up.

That's the dumbest reward for a gambit ever. Scum gains nothing. Erg0 was likely to coast through anyway, because there wasn't a lot of consideration on him, and it just drags LYLO through another day, to no benifit of town.

EvilGorrillaz refused to vote, even after writing
posts 417 and 425
. This is blatant distancing without taking the logical step of lynching.

I bolded that because it's pretty much the most important thing I've posted so far, and I would very much like Erg0 to read it. I am not going to vote EvilGorrillaz, because for all I know, my font settings are making me miss the part where he claimed town-aligned-bus-driver-inventor, or something.

Now I'm gonna go do some other, non-mafia things, and when I come back, I'll make a defense of what my 2 predecessors have said. [teaser: I'm town]. And by come back, I mean maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow after work.
mr_bigglesworth
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
mr_bigglesworth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am

Mafia edit: I see I didn't quote the post that I harped on melchior for. Its post 306.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Having three different players to read for each of you isn't helping me much here...

I kind of skimmed your posts, bigglesworth, but I didn't read them in detail to avoid biasing my own read. If I repeat something you said then that's why - I'll come back and comment on it in a little bit.

The most obvious source of information at this point is yesterday's scum lynch. Looking at each player's role in the lynch:

naybee/Tay19900105/mr_bigglesworth

Naybee started the day by applying pressure to dahill1. At this point the only real day 2 suspicion on dahill was from me placing him at equal first on my scumdar based on process of elimination, so I feel it's unlikely that naybee was feeling pressure to suspect his buddy at this point. Naybee stays on dahill's case until he fades away and replaces out. By the time Tay arrived it was basically a foregone conclusion that dahill would be lynched, so his hammer doesn't count for that much. The fact that Tay pretty much made two posts and disappeared from the site altogether means that I have no read on whether he's the kind of guy that would replace in and just hammer his scumbuddy immediately in LyLo. At least his vote was consistent with naybee's previously expressed views.

Melchior/Evilgorillaz

Melchior starts day 2 by asking everyone questions in a fairly impartial manner. One of his last comments before replacing out is that he wants more content from people other than dahill, which is noteworthy given that scum tend to want to play the waiting game and get a townie to vote first when the game is in day 2 LyLo. Soon after replacing, Evilgorillaz says in post 362 that he's "pretty damn sure" that dahill is town, excusing him based on newbness. He then says in 365 that he doesn't like dahill's last post (364). Post 363 is naybee's case against dahill, which suggests a possible ulterior motive for EG's change of heart (i.e. increasing town suspicion of dahill). He makes a few fairly non-noteworthy posts, then says in 417 "After rereading dahill1, I am inclined to think he is scum." At this point, dahill has my vote on him and is looking a lot like being the lynch target for the day (vollkan rightly calls him out for this). He makes a couple more posts before the lynch, but still seems to be waiting for others to do something.

If mr_bigglesworth is scum then naybee went into day 2 committed to lynching dahill from the get-go in order to clear himself on day 3. Tay probably wouldn't have known this when he replaced in, but it wouldn't have taken a genius to see that his best option would be to cut the scumteam's losses and hammer dahill at that point.

If EG is scum then the mafia went into day 2 with the more traditional approach of trying to get a townie run up and win the game. If so then EG probably held on to this plan well past the point at which it should have been abandoned, but in his case the lack of communication with his partner on night 1 would have had more of an impact.

At this stage I'm thinking that EG is the more likely scum on this basis. It's rare to see newbie scum run up their partner aggressively in a LyLo situation, which is what naybee would have been doing if he were scum.

I'm going to have a look at day 1 while I wait for responses.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Responses to mr_bigglesworth:
Erg0: He does a lot of gentle pushing towards the kabenonn lynch , and does so mainly for "curiousity's sake" see 275, 284 (how do I do quotie-quotes?)
These two posts were related more to claiming than lynching. I was trying to make sure that kabenenon didn't claim unless he had to, and that he didn't get lynched until he'd claimed. This game is not a good example of claiming strategy - there's no way that he should have let us lynch him without telling us that he was the cop.

In your second post, I basically agree with your point about EG's lack of vote. However, the difference between naybee/Tay/your vote and EG's non-vote isn't that great in my eyes. The posts earlier in the day are more telling in my eyes.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Also, how to do quotes - I've turned off codes in this post so that you can see the tags.

[quote="Erg0"]This is how you do quotes.[/quote]

Alternatively, click the "Quote" button in the top right corner of the post that you want to quote from.
V/LA most weekends.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Erg0 wrote: At this stage I'm thinking that EG is the more likely scum on this basis. It's rare to see newbie scum run up their partner aggressively in a LyLo situation, which is what naybee would have been doing if he were scum.
A few things wrong with this.
1) We already know that dahill1 was scum
2) naybee did indeed go after me yesterday.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

mr_bigglesworth wrote: EvilGorrillaz refused to vote, even after writing posts 417 and 425. This is blatant distancing without taking the logical step of lynching.
And your predecessor's vote wasn't lacking at all? All he said was that unless I self vote, dahill1 is going to be the lynch target. Either way his vote was pretty much a bandwagon vote and nothing more, and that in my eyes is just about as scummy as me not being on the wagon.

Gonna post my rundown when I can find the text file I stored my notes in -.-

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”